gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680844 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 08:17:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More About Brian/ Beck and New Album.  (Read 109674 times)
Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 27, 2014, 10:21:57 PM »

He does it now and again.

(Delirious Love)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89yW5AP8ySU

And don't forget this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjCqTI2TxRo
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 27, 2014, 11:44:31 PM »

And this:

http://youtu.be/dWZ1dEl3DEE

“We live in divisive times.”
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 28, 2014, 05:50:05 AM »

More from the Jardine's Facebook page:

Wouldn't it be nice to spend a Sunday afternoon with Brian?

He obviously went to the Mike Love School Of Doing Clever Sh*t With The Lyrics Of Your Career-Building Hits. Azn
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 28, 2014, 07:02:58 AM »

Maybe it's a duet or a BW solo track for which her voice is specifically fitting?

We've heard Brian sing lead on hundreds of songs, but we haven't really heard much of him letting somebody else sing lead (a beautiful woman who's a good songwriter).  Let him handle ALL of the harmony stuff, let him decide how it goes, and just have her write the lyrics and the melody or however she's comfortable writing with him.  Brian is fantastic at backing vocals, even today.  In my ears, his backing vocals always sound great.

What about Taylor Mills?  She has taken the lead with Brian on "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off," "Walking Down the Path of Life" and "I Wanna Be Around." 
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 28, 2014, 07:13:28 AM »

Anyone keeping track of all the guest vocalists and musicians on this recent splurge of recording sessions (since Feb 2013) to date?

Jeff Beck (guitar)
Al Jardine (vocals)
Matt Jardine (vocals))
Blondie Chaplin (guitar/vocals)
David Marks (guitar/ vocals?)
Scotty Bennett (keyboard/vocals)
Darian Sahanaja (keyboards/vocals)
Brett Simons (bass)
Paul von Mertens (woodwind/arrangements)
Probyn Gregory (various/vocals)
Jim Keltner (drums)
Peter Kent and the Empanada Strings
Kenny Aronoff (drums)
Brian Wilson (bass)
Don Was (bass)
Kacey Musgraves
… and some dude called "Shane"

(roles in brackets are all my speculation btw)

Maybe someone's collated all the song titles floating around too?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 07:14:37 AM by John Manning » Logged

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 28, 2014, 07:29:45 AM »

No Foskett?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 28, 2014, 07:42:23 AM »

No Foskett?
He was let go after playing at Mike's Ella Award reception. Azn
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 28, 2014, 07:50:42 AM »

No Foskett?

Just went by the names that have been listed in this thread. Feel free to augment the list – it is not intended to be definitive at all.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #508 on: April 28, 2014, 08:13:42 AM »

Remember, Matt J said he got the call because Jeff was unavailable. He goes out with Papa Do Run Run.

No Foskett?

I know Brian's management have made some knuckleheaded decisions in the past, but really...  that would be World Record material ! Grin
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 08:16:47 AM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 28, 2014, 08:18:31 AM »

Remember, Matt J said he got the call because Jeff was unavailable. He goes out with Papa Do Run Run.

No Foskett?

I know Brian's management have made some knuckleheaded decisions in the past, but really...  that would be World Record material ! Grin

Grin
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: April 29, 2014, 08:04:07 PM »

belinda carlisle -california
https://youtube.com/watch?v=-YkOHcGbkbY

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: April 29, 2014, 08:37:58 PM »

No Foskett?

I know Brian's management have made some knuckleheaded decisions in the past, but really...  that would be World Record material ! Grin

Cool

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 29, 2014, 11:14:08 PM »

so Jeff is the first to go. I wonder where he will show up? The professor stands by his earlier predictions. it will be exciting to see precisely what happens now.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 29, 2014, 11:34:50 PM »

so Jeff is the first to go. I wonder where he will show up? The professor stands by his earlier predictions. it will be exciting to see precisely what happens now.

My guess is probably with Brian and his band. Since he hasn't left the Brian camp (or gotten let go). It was just a few posters musing on why Matt Jardine was recording with Brian.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #514 on: April 29, 2014, 11:39:56 PM »

Sez who ? And assuming for the sake of argument he has, he'd be far from the first:

Todd Sucherman...
Jim Hines...
Bob Lizik...
Taylor Mills...

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 30, 2014, 05:03:38 AM »

Seems Hal Blaine recently visited Brian at Ocean Way. I wonder if he actually recorded something for the new album?

(Remember, a couple of months ago during his Facebook Q&A Brian stated "I havent' see Hal in a long time." - great to see them together again. Smiley )

(I suppose the original source for the above image could be Hal Blaine's Facebook page, but I'm not sure.)

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 05:05:19 AM by Lowbacca » Logged
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 30, 2014, 06:36:24 AM »

Well, that's a cool pic!

That brings to my mind the fact that I think it's stupid that Brian's people take those crappy cellphone pics of him in the studio and post them on facebook. Or in better words, I'm afraid that's all they do to capture making of this album. No good quality pics, no video, nothing. Maybe I'm wrong, and I surely hope I am. But you never know if this will be the last time Brian records new stuff. So it will really be a shame if the only documents of it (except the music itself, of course) are couple shaky pictures with "shane" and some old guy who looks like Brian Wilson, but you can't really tell 'cause the pic's too blurry...
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 30, 2014, 07:58:16 AM »

That's quite an assumption… my list of musicians and vocalists was based only on the reports repeated in this thread. My bet is Jeff's been at Brian's side throughout, and hasn't been featured in pics etc because of the moans that might arise from (for example) some on this very board.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 30, 2014, 08:01:19 AM »

That's quite an assumption… my list of musicians and vocalists was based only on the reports repeated in this thread. My bet is Jeff's been at Brian's side throughout, and hasn't been featured in pics etc because of the moans that might arise from (for example) some on this very board.
Maybe he's taken some of the pictures? It's highly unlikely Jeff Foskett isn't heavily involved in Brian's new LP...
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 30, 2014, 09:35:44 AM »

I meant, of course, in the current climate and in relation to the Professor's prediction that Brian's state of being , under the detailed care of his wife, would alienate even his closest supporters and drive them artistically and professionally to the BB camp, as it were. We have yet to hear anything like that confirmed, but it was, and still is, my prediction.

Sez who ? And assuming for the sake of argument he has, he'd be far from the first:

Todd Sucherman...
Jim Hines...
Bob Lizik...
Taylor Mills...
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 30, 2014, 09:58:32 AM »

I am amazed how my little mention of Jeff not being listed has turned into a "he's fired!" angle.  Thud

C'mon people. Keep it real!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 30, 2014, 10:04:43 AM »

Brian is his own man, always has been and always will be. If he doesn't want to work with M&B, its his choice alone.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 30, 2014, 10:23:24 AM »

Jeff will end up in the M&B band. Or running a self-serve gas station.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 30, 2014, 10:25:24 AM »

LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 30, 2014, 10:44:37 AM »

Brian is his own man, always has been and always will be. If he doesn't want to work with M&B, its his choice alone.

I respectfully disagree. I think Brian does (or doesn't do) things that are decided by others. Some people might refer to this practice as "influencing" Brian, but, in my opinion, and based on speculation (I don't know for a fact nor does anyone else on this board), decisions are made FOR him. It was found by a judge that Brian needed a conservator...
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx