gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 05:50:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More About Brian/ Beck and New Album.  (Read 109801 times)
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 27, 2014, 08:17:06 AM »

I wonder if Brian's recording something (bg vocals) on one of Kasey Musgroves' songs? As I understand it, she's a newish country music artist with an indy reputation.
Nicko1234
« Reply #476 on: April 27, 2014, 08:19:27 AM »

I don't know if this is about work on BW solo material or something else - but nevertheless: Brian and some gal called Kacey Musgraves.

Would this `gal` be the same who won 2 Grammys this year?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 27, 2014, 08:26:25 AM »

I don't know if this is about work on BW solo material or something else - but nevertheless: Brian and some gal called Kacey Musgraves.

Would this `gal` be the same who won 2 Grammys this year?
Could be. Wink Sorry, I did not aim to belittle her artistry or anything. I simply wouldn't know since I don't care about such stuff as the Grammys (or about current country music, for that matter). If she's a good singer and fits into what Brian is doing right now - great. If it's Brian guesting on a song of hers - good for her.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 27, 2014, 08:47:05 AM »

Not a big fan of modern country but Kacey sounds good to my ears.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 27, 2014, 08:57:13 AM »

Kacey Musgraves' album Same Trailer, Different Park is easily one of my five or 10 favorites of 2013, and several of its songs are very good: really strong melodies, clever lyrics, good hooks. Here are a couple.

Follow Your Arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ8xqyoZXCc
This is the one that always seems to be talked about, in that she references weed and girls kissing girls. How terribly scandalous...  Roll Eyes But it's a really good song, very catchy.

Merry Go Round: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZfj2Ir3GgQ
Less cheeky. Very pretty. I love this refrain, I think it's really clever.

Since this isn't the General Music Discussion forum, I'll bring it back around: I wonder what she would be working on with Brian. She's a good enough singer, but not somebody I'd seek out for her voice. I'd say her strength is songwriting.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: April 27, 2014, 09:01:02 AM »

[/quote]

Yes, another comment about Brian's physical appearance. I hope (assume?) Brian's doctors are monitoring his health. Is this the heaviest he's been since 1982? Except he's not 40, he's pushing 72. Look at his arm next to Kacey's! Shocked Just expressing concern. Just sayin'....
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 27, 2014, 09:02:28 AM »

Kacey Musgraves' album Same Trailer, Different Park is easily one of my five or 10 favorites of 2013, and several of its songs are very good: really strong melodies, clever lyrics, good hooks. Here are a couple.

Follow Your Arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ8xqyoZXCc
This is the one that always seems to be talked about, in that she references weed and girls kissing girls. How terribly scandalous...  Roll Eyes But it's a really good song, very catchy.

Merry Go Round: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZfj2Ir3GgQ
Less cheeky. Very pretty. I love this refrain, I think it's really clever.
Thanks for the selections!

Since this isn't the General Music Discussion forum, I'll bring it back around: I wonder what she would be working on with Brian. She's a good enough singer, but not somebody I'd seek out for her voice. I'd say her strength is songwriting.
Maybe it's a duet or a BW solo track for which her voice is specifically fitting?

Anyway, it seems the upmcoming BW record is going to be full of suprises!

Quote from: Sheriff John Stone
Yes, another comment about Brian's physical appearance. I hope (assume?) Brian's doctors are monitoring his health. Is this the heaviest he's been since 1982? Except he's not 40, he's pushing 72. Look at his arm next to Kacey's! Shocked Just expressing concern. Just sayin'....

I'd say his arm looks fine but hers look like matches. Tongue Wink And I'm pretty certain someone like BW is under constant watch by health care professionals. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:08:50 AM by Lowbacca » Logged
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 27, 2014, 09:05:09 AM »

[plz delete]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:06:16 AM by Lowbacca » Logged
Mayoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 27, 2014, 09:14:05 AM »

They're finally getting to "Stars & Stripes Vol. 2." However it will only feature tracks from "Love You" and a 17 minute twangy "Shortenin' Bread".
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 27, 2014, 09:55:44 AM »

Kacey looks good to my eyes.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 27, 2014, 10:21:50 AM »

Kacey looks good to my eyes.

She's certainly aged better than Paul McCartney… wonder if she dyes her false teeth?

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: April 27, 2014, 12:37:25 PM »

And I'm pretty certain someone like BW is under constant watch by health care professionals. Smiley

Be that so, they're not doing a very good job, then. Bad backs run in the Wilson family, and he's carrying way too much weight for his age.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 27, 2014, 12:51:51 PM »

And I'm pretty certain someone like BW is under constant watch by health care professionals. Smiley

Be that so, they're not doing a very good job, then. Bad backs run in the Wilson family, and he's carrying way too much weight for his age.
Time to call in Dr. Landy! If only...
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 27, 2014, 01:16:48 PM »

Getting to work with one of my musical heroes - the one and only Brian Wilson. So honored. Sweet man.

WOW!  That's what I'm talking about.  This will be good, whatever the hell it is. 
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 27, 2014, 01:22:14 PM »

Maybe it's a duet or a BW solo track for which her voice is specifically fitting?

I believe Brian would probably take it as an insult, but it wouldn't be meant that way.  I would LOVE to hear him just sing backup for somebody like her.  

We've heard Brian sing lead on hundreds of songs, but we haven't really heard much of him letting somebody else sing lead (a beautiful woman who's a good songwriter).  Let him handle ALL of the harmony stuff, let him decide how it goes, and just have her write the lyrics and the melody or however she's comfortable writing with him.  Brian is fantastic at backing vocals, even today.  In my ears, his backing vocals always sound great.

--------

I used to think the same thing about Michael Jackson.  I wish he would have set his ego aside and sang more backup for other artists, that's not a backseat that's a compliment, it adds something to a song to have somebody who's such a great singer sing backup behind another artist, on something that they normally wouldn't do.  

There's money involved in all of that, though, so who knows how that works.  There may be financial reasons stuff like that doesn't happen, but it would be awesome in my opinion.  

A good example would be something like "Take me Home tonight" by Eddie Money.  He had Ronnie Spector sing backup on it!  That didn't diminish her in any way, it was a huge hit at the time and boosted her career.  Think of the great things Brian could do if he helped a girl group arrange their vocals like the beach Boys in a few songs, and threw in a few lines himself.  That would be the most epic sh*t recorded in the past 10 years.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:24:31 PM by Ron » Logged
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 27, 2014, 01:40:54 PM »

He does it now and again.

(Delirious Love)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89yW5AP8ySU

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 27, 2014, 02:33:12 PM »

Quote from: Brian's Facebook page
Guess who's in the studio right now?

[/img]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 02:34:22 PM by Lowbacca » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 27, 2014, 02:38:06 PM »

[/img]

From the pic, I'd guess Mike and Bruce, with Al and Brian producing

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 27, 2014, 05:16:58 PM »

This album had my curiosity, now it has my attention

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 27, 2014, 05:23:38 PM »

That's not Al sitting next to Brian, looks like he has too much hair to be Al.
Gohi
« Reply #495 on: April 27, 2014, 06:02:53 PM »

That's not Al sitting next to Brian, looks like he has too much hair to be Al.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 27, 2014, 06:26:08 PM »

I've been trying not to overreact to recent Brian pics but I share this view.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #497 on: April 27, 2014, 07:16:43 PM »

[/img]

From the pic, I'd guess Mike and Bruce, with Al and Brian producing

Nah, it's Brian teaching the lyrics to David Spade..... or David Spade's Dad.....

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 27, 2014, 08:43:55 PM »

....... he's carrying way too much weight for his age.

Compared to many in the US he is quite thin or normal actually. Looking at those pictures with Al and Kacey he doesn't seem to bad but when he reclines in a chair is belly and chin are exaggerated.

That picture with Kacey tells me their is some life in the old dog yet.

Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 27, 2014, 09:21:22 PM »

I take as he sign that Brian is indulging himself a little more. Want a piece of cake? Eat it. Want to record whatever you want? Well, why not?

Tell Al Jardine he's to voice a gnome in a new musical fairy tale? It's about time!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx