gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:46:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 58 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Weirdest Photos Of Mike Love You Can Find  (Read 549390 times)
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #200 on: October 15, 2013, 12:58:56 AM »

I love this thread but the Hitler stuff isn't funny. Mr. Mike Love, if you're listening, here's one Beach Boys' fan who will NEVER compare you to Hitler.

That was kind of the point if you  read the caption. Look on any Beach Boy related video on youtube and there'll be some idiot seriously comparing him to Hitler.  I was mocking those people

I (reluctantly) apologise if this offended anyone though. I'm English. It's cultural. We started laughing at Hitler during the war as a morale thing and it's stuck.

Personally I think laughing at him is a better guard against it happening again than brushing it under the carpet and pretending it never happened.

Cue Basil Falwty
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 15, 2013, 01:12:37 AM »

I love this thread but the Hitler stuff isn't funny. Mr. Mike Love, if you're listening, here's one Beach Boys' fan who will NEVER compare you to Hitler.

That was kind of the point if you  read the caption. Look on any Beach Boy related video on youtube and there'll be some idiot seriously comparing him to Hitler.  I was mocking those people

I (reluctantly) apologise if this offended anyone though. I'm English. It's cultural. We started laughing at Hitler during the war as a morale thing and it's stuck.

Personally I think laughing at him is a better guard against it happening again than brushing it under the carpet and pretending it never happened.

Cue Basil Falwty

Good call. Esp. that last line - the Germans themselves have developed a fine tradition of laughing at that madman, in films and other media. I guess it is their instinctive sense to let it never happen again; and moreover, it is a nice indirect way of ridiculing those idiot Neo-Nazis without directly addressing them.

Don't Mention The War! by the way.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
bluesno1fann
« Reply #202 on: October 15, 2013, 01:19:41 AM »

I agree 100%. Considering he's been dead for nearly 70 years and the fact there have been far worse people before and since, it's a bit irrelevant and outdated to keep making jokes about Hitler.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #203 on: October 15, 2013, 01:20:42 AM »

Well quite Don. When I think of Germany though, I tend to think of their unsurpassed contribution to music than anything else.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #204 on: October 15, 2013, 01:22:35 AM »

I agree 100%. Considering he's been dead for nearly 70 years and the fact there have been far worse people before and since, it's a bit irrelevant and outdated to keep making jokes about Hitler.

Yes, but considering you are the number 1 fann of the worlds most boring genre of music, it's no suprise you have no sense of humour.  Grin
bluesno1fann
« Reply #205 on: October 15, 2013, 01:24:05 AM »

Yes, but considering you are the number 1 fann of the worlds most boring genre of music, it's no suprise you have no sense of humour.  Grin

What do you mean?
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #206 on: October 15, 2013, 01:26:20 AM »

What do you mean?

Exactly what I said
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 15, 2013, 01:28:32 AM »

LOL  God is in the detail.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #208 on: October 15, 2013, 01:32:24 AM »

What do you mean?

Exactly what I said
Now I get it. I disagree. Blues music is the basis of most modern music, and without it, there would arguably be no Rock music! Besides, it's a brilliant music genre, and listen to something like Dust My Broom by Elmore James, and you would hardly be bored by it!
As for having no sense of humour, I disagree. Considering that I'm a big fan of Monty Python, Curb Your Enthusiasm, etc. I can say I do have a sense of humour.
BTW what's the point of Hitler jokes anyway? As I said, he's been dead for nearly 70 years, and there's been far worse people before and since (most notably Stalin). Maybe if he died 20 years ago, I can understand. Maybe if he was the worst man in history, then I can understand. But it's been 68 years, and there have been worse. So why the continuous Hitler jokes?
bluesno1fann
« Reply #209 on: October 15, 2013, 01:33:34 AM »

BTW, I'd consider Traditional Asian Music or Eastern European music to be the most boring
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #210 on: October 15, 2013, 01:51:46 AM »

BTW, I'd consider Traditional Asian Music or Eastern European music to be the most boring

Well that depends.

Traditional Asian Music scores a boring factor of 8.9, and Eastern European music 7.6 or 7.8 (depending on whether or not there are accordians and tempo changes in it)

Blues music hits a boredom factor of 8.1, which puts it between the two, however this increases to 9.999999 if the opening line is "Well I woke up this morning....".
As 94.8% of blues music does indeed open with this line, then blues is, mathematically, the worlds most boring form of music.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2013, 02:00:23 AM »

Well that depends.

Traditional Asian Music scores a boring factor of 8.9, and Eastern European music 7.6 or 7.8 (depending on whether or not there are accordians and tempo changes in it)

Blues music hits a boredom factor of 8.1, which puts it between the two, however this increases to 9.999999 if the opening line is "Well I woke up this morning....".
As 94.8% of blues music does indeed open with this line, then blues is, mathematically, the worlds most boring form of music.
Actually, you're wrong. It all comes down to tastes and preferences. For you, Blues music is the most boring genre of music, for me, It's the second-best genre of music (LONG LIVE ROCK!!!). I suggest we accept that
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2013, 02:02:37 AM »

Well that depends.

LOL

That could be a gag out of the Fast Show. I can imagine one of the guys there doing a lecture on the merits and demerits of the blues...

(BTW for the record: I do love a bit of blues, me: Robert Johnson, the aforementioned Elmore James, Son House,  more. And also 'modern forms' (thinking of Taj Mahal here. But any form of music with a tradition is easy to trivialise and parody eventually, even in classical music.)

Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2013, 02:12:02 AM »

Well that depends.

Actually, you're wrong. It all comes down to tastes and preferences. For you, Blues music is the most boring genre of music, for me, It's the second-best genre of music (LONG LIVE ROCK!!!). I suggest we accept that

Firstly, I quoted statistics, which as everyone knows is a completely infallible and unbiased form of argument.

Secondly, how can you be the Number 1 fann of your second-best genre. Does that mean you are Number 0.5 fann of your very bestest best genre? What about people for whom blues is their bestest genre? How does it make them feel that the number 1 fan actually thinks blues is a number 2.

I suggest we accept that blues is most definitely a number 2 (LONG LIVE EUPHEMISMS!!!)
bluesno1fann
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2013, 02:26:08 AM »

Well that depends.

Firstly, I quoted statistics, which as everyone knows is a completely infallible and unbiased form of argument.

Secondly, how can you be the Number 1 fann of your second-best genre. Does that mean you are Number 0.5 fann of your very bestest best genre? What about people for whom blues is their bestest genre? How does it make them feel that the number 1 fan actually thinks blues is a number 2.

I suggest we accept that blues is most definitely a number 2 (LONG LIVE EUPHEMISMS!!!)

lol. it's because that's my Youtube username, and Rockno1fann was already taken. That's why my username is Bluesno1fann
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2013, 02:33:25 AM »

You could have taken rockno1fan instead

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 15, 2013, 02:35:08 AM »

Is this your channel?
http://www.youtube.com/user/bluesno1fann/videos

Because it's all Hitler videos!

Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #217 on: October 15, 2013, 02:48:09 AM »

Is this your channel?

LOL

LONG LIVE IRONY!!!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 15, 2013, 02:54:36 AM »

84.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Not many people know that.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 02:55:53 AM by The Heartical Don » Logged

Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #219 on: October 15, 2013, 02:57:27 AM »

Don, I've told you a million times, do not exaggerate!
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2013, 03:01:40 AM »

Is this your channel?

BUSTED, it is his channel. There are Beach Boys and Monty Python videos on there too. But mostly Hitler.

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: October 15, 2013, 03:04:15 AM »

Cue back to me, ze German guy. As I had said, it is ok with me making jokes about Hitler. Jokes that put down Hitler, jokes that point out the ridiculousness in his behaviour. I made that kind of jokes too and will do so again if I have a funny idea. Thing is, there was no joke like that in this thread at all. Some guy compared Mike's behaviour to Hitler's, and that's not a joke about Hitler. If at all, it's a lame and even to my standards tasteless joke about Mike. (And amongst my friends I'm known as the one with tasteless jokes.)

Stephen, I think I got the motivation behind your Mike Hitler picture and had to laugh when I saw it. But be careful about it, it is funny if you see in in context of this thread, but without that context it is pretty offensive.

BTW, I deeply regret not watching Fawlty Towers when it aired in the past decades. The Monty Python sketch where they live in a bed and breakfast pension is absolutely hilarious. Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #222 on: October 15, 2013, 03:09:56 AM »

Stephen, I think I got the motivation behind your Mike Hitler picture and had to laugh when I saw it. But be careful about it, it is funny if you see in in context of this thread, but without that context it is pretty offensive.

It's all in the context. You can get away with anything in the name of satire.

And Micha, congrats on coming from the country that gave us the greatest music ever written

IMO
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 15, 2013, 03:10:48 AM »

Weird fact, Dennis Wilson composed the theme song for Fawlty Towers

mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 15, 2013, 03:15:24 AM »

Weird fact, Dennis Wilson composed the theme song for Fawlty Towers

Very true although not the Dennis Wilson we know and love.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 58 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx