gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:12:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys in current Rock Cellar magazine  (Read 11086 times)
Nicko1234
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2013, 11:18:53 AM »

I was gonna come on here and trash Bruce for the "wimpy" thing as well, but you know what? Yeah, he wrote wimpy stuff, which I'm sure he will admit. But I think what he liked from Brian was his more dynamic stuff. And dynamic doesn't necessarily mean uptempo. It could mean anything from "Wouldn't It Be Nice" to "Surf's Up" to "Surfin' U.S.A." to "Caroline No" to whatever. And to be honest, Friends really isn't that dynamic. So I can see what he's saying. Honestly, for all the their albums from Pet Sounds through Holland, I'd say that Friends is my least favorite. The vibe is okay, but I kinda do agree that the songs themselves aren't really there, which I don't think I would say about Brian's work on any of the other albums around this time period. Honestly, I think he did the whole Friends type sound better on "I Went To Sleep" from 20/20.

Also, what a great interview from him. I feel like you really get a better vibe for the background of each album from Bruce's interviews then you do from Brian or Mike.

A great comment which I agree with.

I like Friends but I can completely understand what Bruce was saying as it does sound half finished.
bsten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2013, 03:01:18 PM »

ANYWAY, this struck me as pretty interesting, and would love to hear what he had intended the KTSA song to sound like

I agree!! Is there an early ("Bruce-ier") version of KTSA in the vaults??

It's really amazing when you think about it, we've had the PS and the Smile sessions!!
That's really awesome!!

But what about the rest, will we ever get to hear sessions, outtakes etc before we die?? Wink
Work in progress - fun, educational and inspiring!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx