gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:53:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Believe in Miracles and Can't Wait Too Long  (Read 16748 times)
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 02:37:26 AM »

Alright, after listening to the fragments to the point of near insanity, I have concluded that....I have no fuckin' idea.  Grin My best guess is that the "whine" is Brian, but *possibly* coming from a different time period that the track itself. The lower "uuuuugh" voice on top of the blend is most likely Dennis. Now, the syncopated "baby you know I've been waiting forever" heard way in the background has an odd voice. It sounds like mid 70's Brian, or possibly Carl.

But then again, I may just be misunderstanding this whole thread, and going about it all wrong.  LOL
Maybe those "baby you know I've been waiting forever" bits were 1980 overdubs and these are rough mixes from then.

A discipline daddy.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 02:45:28 AM »

My thoughts exactly, but AGD will probably come by here and prove us wrong.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2013, 02:50:55 AM »

Alright, after listening to the fragments to the point of near insanity, I have concluded that....I have no fuckin' idea.  Grin My best guess is that the "whine" is Brian, but *possibly* coming from a different time period that the track itself. The lower "uuuuugh" voice on top of the blend is most likely Dennis. Now, the syncopated "baby you know I've been waiting forever" heard way in the background has an odd voice. It sounds like mid 70's Brian, or possibly Carl.

But then again, I may just be misunderstanding this whole thread, and going about it all wrong.  LOL
Maybe those "baby you know I've been waiting forever" bits were 1980 overdubs and these are rough mixes from then.

But those vocal parts are on unsurpassed masters vol 19 as wild honey outtakes. Sounds like Brian's wild honey voice to me (cf here come the night). I seriously doubt they're 1980 overdubs unless you're listening to a mix I don't have.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:54:33 AM by buddhahat » Logged

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Jeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 01:18:31 PM »

Over the last few days I've seen posts talking about a connection between I Believe In Miracles and Can't Wait To Long, but for the life of me I can't hear it. To me, I Believe In Miracles sounds more like a rejected/reworked Child Is Father Of The Man fragment.

Listen to the bootlegged version and you'll hear the connection.

Also, blend sounds right to me on the booted version after the intro, I don't hear much weirdness. Dennis is a LOT louder than he normally is on other mixes, which may be what's throwing off. I think it's all '67, I have to imagine the later overdubs were on one of the Wild Honey versions, presumably the more "classic" sounding take and not the take that sounds more obviously Wild Honey-era. No idea why they'd put overdubs on an early Smiley Smile version which I doubt is much longer than what we have.

The "feminine" falsetto vocal, if not Brian, sounds a lot like Carl. Hard to say.

Any idea why just the intro vocal was released here? Why not all that exists of the song? Strange move, to me.

I woud imagine that the "intro" is all that exists of that particular song.  That's assuming that 'Miracles' and the subsequent handclapping bit are two different works.
Jason
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 01:37:11 PM »

What was released as I Believe In Miracles is all that exists of I Believe In Miracles. The part with the handclapping is part of Can't Wait Too Long.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 05:39:17 PM »

What was released as I Believe In Miracles is all that exists of I Believe In Miracles. The part with the handclapping is part of Can't Wait Too Long.

wat? They're clearly both part of the same recording and meant to go together, assuming we're both talking about the same version.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 05:40:43 PM »

The high, female sounding harmony vocals on this track are Diane and Marilyn, right?  If so, that does play with the Smiley Smile chronology, since they also sang on "Wonderful".

Doesn't sound like an actual female to me at all. Either Brian or Carl, I'd bet.

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Jeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 06:57:52 PM »

wat? They're clearly both part of the same recording and meant to go together, assuming we're both talking about the same version.

Clearly?  Not to my ears.  And, more importantly, not to the ears of the compilers.
Jason
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2013, 07:21:52 PM »

The version of Can't Wait Too Long from the Odeon Smile bootleg (also the 1988 Linett tape) goes as follows.

0:00-0:14 - I Believe In Miracles
0:14-0:35 - Same as 0:00-0:21 on Archaeology disc 5, track 7.
0:35-0:58 - Same as 2:05-2:50 on Good Vibrations box set disc 3, track 5, but shorter.
0:58-1:46 - Same as 2:50-3:51 on Good Vibrations box set disc 3, track 5, but shorter.

I Believe in Miracles is not part of Can't Wait Too Long. The first two entries above are clearly not part of the same recording, but rather an edit by an engineer who occasionally posts here. Why was it done that way? Ask him in his thread. Smiley
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2013, 07:54:26 PM »

Is that the Chamberlin I hear in the hand-clapping bits?

A discipline daddy.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2013, 09:02:37 PM »

Thanks for making me look like a dipshit late 1980s "Marky Mark" Linett Cry

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »

You do a good enough job of that on your own.

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2013, 11:30:48 PM »

You do a good enough job of that on your own.

>: (

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 11:34:09 PM »

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2013, 01:18:53 AM »

The version of Can't Wait Too Long from the Odeon Smile bootleg (also the 1988 Linett tape) goes as follows.

0:35-0:58 - Same as 2:05-2:50 on Good Vibrations box set disc 3, track 5, but shorter.
0:58-1:46 - Same as 2:50-3:51 on Good Vibrations box set disc 3, track 5, but shorter.

I Believe in Miracles is not part of Can't Wait Too Long. The first two entries above are clearly not part of the same recording, but rather an edit by an engineer who occasionally posts here. Why was it done that way? Ask him in his thread. Smiley

Do you know that Linett definitely edited those two pieces together for the 88 tape and that he wasn't just presenting an existing edit from the vaults? Or, if he did, are you certain that he wasn't making the edit based on some evidence that Miracles belonged with CWTL?

Miracles certainly sounds good as an into to Been Too Long and shares some rhythmic similarity to my ears. However I can accept that Linett may have put them together for no other reason that they sound good together. Would be good to have him clear this up.

If it doesn't belong to CWTL then you have wonder what it was designed for. It could be a totally unique standalone song that never progressed beyond this vocal but it could just as likely have been an insert or bridge or intro to a smiley song.

Can someone confirm where the smiley info comes from? Is this from the MIC tracklist?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 03:39:22 AM by buddhahat » Logged

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2013, 03:50:18 AM »

Only just noticed this (I think maybe what Runnersdialzero already hinted at) , but Miracles does share a strong similarity to CWTL in the backing vocals. The recurring Dum, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo backing part is nearly identical to the four note backing part (guitar or keyboard maybe?) heard behind the hand clapping section of CWTL. And the keys are the same, right? This is why the two pieces mesh so well and quite possibly Miracles is a precursor of, or variation on the Been Way Too Long section that follows it in the 88 edit. So my guess is this similarity is why Linett put the pieces together.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2013, 06:51:17 AM »

I still hear more of a resemblance to CIFOTM.

Jeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2013, 09:16:45 AM »

Easy my child, it's just enough to believe
(I believe, I believe, I believe)
Out of the wild into what you can't conceive...
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2013, 12:26:18 PM »

https://soundcloud.com/smileyhoneyfriends-1/cifotm-i-believe-in-miracles
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2013, 05:18:26 PM »

Not hearing it.  Chords are different.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2013, 04:50:14 AM »

Not hearing it.  Chords are different.

Same here.

Any resemblance of anything new to our ears on MiC to anything Smile is primarily tht of Barnyard Blues' intro to BWPS04's link between Wonderful and CITFOTM. Just a suggestion… haven't A-B'ed.

“We live in divisive times.”
mrralan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2013, 06:10:03 PM »

Wow, I came here to ask about this track and the second part on the boot and I find someone already asked the same question! 

So...is the concensus that the 0:14-0:35 section is part of CWTL? 
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2013, 07:30:28 PM »

i missed this til just now. love it!!!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2013, 10:40:01 PM »

There is one thing that nobody has made mention of yet, and it's something that I think is crucial to solving the mystery of whether or not I Believe In Miracles is part of  Can't Wait/Been Way To Long. On the released version of IBIM, there is a few seconds of organ at the very end, which I don't think is on the booted version(or at least not that I can hear). What the heck is that weird organ part doing in there? Is it an indication that IBIM is meant to be something totally different from BWTL? Those few notes don't seem to go along musically with BWTL.

Nile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2013, 01:11:01 AM »

Unbeliveble!
It makes sense to me!
Puts Child.. in different perspective!
Tnx for this piece of work
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx