gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 09:56:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live At QVC Marine Field Chiba....Video  (Read 8714 times)
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 02:05:23 AM »

Man, how good was that tour?!?!

Now, is it so diffult to make a DVD similiar to this but for the whole tour?
A bit of travelling/pre-show footage, a few songs, a little post-show/backstage/travelling footage, more songs. Repeat.
Dynamic editing, very little audience shots, no autotune bullshit and you've got yourself and awesome product.
Damn it, I'd do it for free!

SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 09:57:01 PM »

It's back...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xHcEjoElYZ4#t=58
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2013, 10:02:50 PM »

YES.  (But saving this to my computer just in case  Wink)

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 10:18:32 PM »

What programs are available to save this?

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 10:52:34 PM »

Wow. I had forgotten how touching... how emotional... the tributes to Dennis & Carl were. Some nice shots of Brian during both.
PS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 11:38:25 PM »

Blows the USA Amateur Hour DVD to smithereens....THIS IS WHAT I REMEMBER~!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:56:16 AM by PS » Logged
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 11:42:31 PM »

Thanks, good catch!

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 11:43:20 PM »

What programs are available to save this?

I used (for the first time) Clip Converter, and it worked fine.   http://www.clipconverter.cc/

Always used to use RealPlayer, but the YouTube downloader was hit or miss & finally gave up completely. Reinstalled once & it quit again, so I gave up. I'll bet others will have other suggestions.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2013, 11:52:24 PM »

Thanks for posting!!
Brian's vocal is odd in some places..
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:10:37 AM by Justin » Logged
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2013, 11:59:53 PM »

And "Cottonfields" is spectacular.  Brian sitting there rocking out.
zane7570
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2013, 12:07:33 AM »

Thank you, SonoraDick, for sharing the link!

I used http://keepvid.com/ to capture the video, but there may be better programs.
SonicVolcano
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2013, 12:21:40 AM »

Wow. So much energy and the mix is great.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2013, 01:01:30 AM »

Wooo, told you i asked him, at my request that upload was Wink

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2013, 01:28:19 AM »

Good work!

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2013, 01:32:16 AM »

Ah, Al messed up the lyrics on Cotton Fields too. So add that to the great mistake on Then i Kissed Her and minor one on WIBN at Wembley. EDIT: AND he messes up WIBN here too!

This is still great, but there's the odd ADT on Brians voice, and while there is obviously Albums tracks on TWGMTR and IIT, the bridge of IIT is hilariously messy xD

WEEEEEEEEE come on the Sloop John B. Wink
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 01:38:43 AM by Freddie French-Pounce » Logged

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2013, 03:37:43 AM »

Good work!

Different name this time but who cares? Also one clip rather than parts as was the case a few days ago.. Sweet!

Thanks for the save sites. Hopefully will work for me.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2013, 07:05:21 AM »

Thanks for posting!!
Brian's vocal is odd in some places..

While its great to finally have a pro video recording of a full show without too much audio tinkering, I have to say this does not look like it was Brian's best night.  He's not singing a lot of backing vocals and he stays seated at his keyboard the entire show, not even getting up to play bass on the encore.  He just seems out of it.  Perhaps that's also why this concert hasn't been shown outside of Japan.  Nevertheless, this is great to see for so many reasons.

the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2013, 08:47:35 AM »

The entire production, including interviews and backstage prep, etc. are excellent. So far, this blows the DVD we have (which I like) out of the water. What makes me think JT had nothing to do with this? WOW.

The energy is incredible: better, I have to say than Hollywood Bowl and Irvine and Santa Barbara.. . .something special here. Dave and Scott sound great; Jeff is restrained and tasteful; Mike is a confident master; Bruce king of the high harmonies; Al solid and spunky; Brian mellow but there for every note.  I would buy this today, and I hope it becomes available; I am trying to capture it, but I always screw those downloads up. . .hoping.

The Professor
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2013, 09:31:30 AM »

Joe Thomas: Mix Producer

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2013, 09:33:33 AM »

And the plot, she thickens. Perhaps the autotune on the C50 release wasn't Joe's call after all ...
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2013, 11:02:51 AM »

I sure would like my own copy of this show. I don't have the skills on a computer.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2013, 11:53:30 AM »

This pro-shot footage is indeed awesome. I wish they could post it to YouTube in HD (or Youtube’s equivalent of HD anyway), as the picture quality is still a bit sketchy once you start blowing it up past 5 or 10 inches. If we could get even a 480p-caliber copy of this, it would be far and away the best video document of the tour so far.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2013, 11:55:11 AM »

This pro-shot footage is indeed awesome. I wish they could post it to YouTube in HD (or Youtube’s equivalent of HD anyway), as the picture quality is still a bit sketchy once you start blowing it up past 5 or 10 inches. If we could get even a 480p-caliber copy of this, it would be far and away the best video document of the tour so far.

This. 720 or 1080 dpi please.  Smiley
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2013, 12:00:53 PM »

And the plot, she thickens. Perhaps the autotune on the C50 release wasn't Joe's call after all ...

Concert broadcasts in Japan seem to be kind of like the cases of the Hollywood celebrities that never do TV commercials in the US, but do them in Japan. Despite how everything shows up everywhere now due to the internet, etc., it seems like sometimes it is seen as a more lowkey situation with less of a spotlight.

I would guess they didn’t fudge as much with this Japan footage because it was simply going to air once on TV, and only there. There are a bunch of artists who have had Japan-exclusive concert specials and whatnot. Even the Beach Boys’ 1991 Japan tour was shot and aired on TV, and I believe maybe even released on Laserdisc and/or VHS over there.

It frustrates me to no end that the Beach Boys (and Brian on his solo shows; and McCartney, etc.) will not just shoot a damn single concert from beginning to end, and stick the whole damn thing on a DVD/Blu-ray, etc. Even sweeten it if you must, but just give us all the songs. Yes, I know publishing costs for video sync rights are expensive, but it can be done with a project as massive as C50. Big deluxe “The Complete 50th Anniversary Tour” Blu-ray boxed set could recoup the publishing costs in the long run.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2013, 01:46:57 PM »

Concert broadcasts in Japan seem to be kind of like the cases of the Hollywood celebrities that never do TV commercials in the US, but do them in Japan. Despite how everything shows up everywhere now due to the internet, etc., it seems like sometimes it is seen as a more lowkey situation with less of a spotlight.

I would guess they didn’t fudge as much with this Japan footage because it was simply going to air once on TV, and only there. There are a bunch of artists who have had Japan-exclusive concert specials and whatnot. Even the Beach Boys’ 1991 Japan tour was shot and aired on TV, and I believe maybe even released on Laserdisc and/or VHS over there.

Yep. I can think of countless classic rock acts that have done the "concerts for Japanese TV" thing. Some of those performances have circulated over the years and are truly wonderful. Often surpassing "official" domestic product.

As far as the Joe Thomas-less autotune thing here. I wouldn't read too much into it all. There's still some post-production and fixes that occurred here (discussed in other threads), and any lack of a complete overhaul is probably simply due to the fact that he/they only had so much time to get this thing up and running...probably luckily for us. Several of the tracks from this performance made it to the live CD (e.g. WDFFIL, Then I Kissed Her, When I Grow Up To Be A Man, etc.) but like others, I actually prefer most of the mixes here. Less sterile. More alive.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx