gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 06:04:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike on Mick...Jealous? Because I sing better? Get more chicks?”  (Read 17688 times)
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2013, 08:47:17 AM »

Isn't Mike being very tongue in chick, a variation of his old favourites "jokes that bomb"? Jesus, the guy HAS a sense of humour...

Yep, no better illustration of having a sense of humour than loving the ol' jokes that bomb routine.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2013, 08:49:03 AM »

Mike Love genuinely acted gay throughout much of his performing career, particularly in 1976. Kind of uncomfortable to watch him go limp-wristed, hand-on-hip in his ass-huggingly tight pants. Not sure what he was thinking. Mick never gave off gay vibes, despite his mincing stage presence.

So it's a bad thing to give off gay vibes? It makes you "uncomfortable"? Mick is better because he has never given off gay vibes? Is this in any way an appropriate comment?
I always thought Mick was Bi-sexual, at least as of the early 70s. Though, I also understood that what he did on stage was an act. Also, why is it that because Gay people have come out of the closet, that every single person is supposed to just welcome them, no questions asked? There was a reason why they were in the closet and many of those reasons are still alive. Like everything, it takes time for total acceptance. There are going to be people who are uncomfortable with homosexuality. There are some who will never accept it. It is human nature.

Doesn't mean that others shouldn't call out intolerance when they see it, just because intolerance may be "human nature."
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2013, 09:15:07 AM »

Mike Love genuinely acted gay throughout much of his performing career, particularly in 1976. Kind of uncomfortable to watch him go limp-wristed, hand-on-hip in his ass-huggingly tight pants. Not sure what he was thinking. Mick never gave off gay vibes, despite his mincing stage presence.

So it's a bad thing to give off gay vibes? It makes you "uncomfortable"? Mick is better because he has never given off gay vibes? Is this in any way an appropriate comment?
I always thought Mick was Bi-sexual, at least as of the early 70s. Though, I also understood that what he did on stage was an act. Also, why is it that because Gay people have come out of the closet, that every single person is supposed to just welcome them, no questions asked? There was a reason why they were in the closet and many of those reasons are still alive. Like everything, it takes time for total acceptance. There are going to be people who are uncomfortable with homosexuality. There are some who will never accept it. It is human nature.

LOL Just a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. Where did anyone say every single person should accept them? No one should ever think that. There will always be people who are obtuse.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2013, 09:29:10 AM »

LOL Just a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. Where did anyone say every single person should accept them? No one should ever think that. There will always be people who are obtuse.
Just above your post, there. My question is, if someone is uncomfortable with "gay vibes" is it their right to do so? I believe that no one should be called out for anything. As long as no ones rights are violated, people should have a right to feel as they choose.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2013, 09:31:54 AM »

Just above your post, there. My question is, if someone is uncomfortable with "gay vibes" is it their right to do so? I believe that no one should be called out for anything. As long as no ones rights are violated, people should have a right to feel as they choose.

Strange way of using the word "right." Do I have the right to blink?
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2013, 09:43:56 AM »

Strange way of using the word "right." Do I have the right to blink?
I always feel like I have to tread very lightly with you. You make me uncomfortable posting with you. Like I cannot be myself and state how I feel because you take almost everything out of context or correct how I should think or what I should say. So, I should have said Rights, as in Civil Rights. You have arguments with many people in here, so I assume you do this with your friends & family too. Must be awful for them, because it is awful for me. It's terrible to say, but anytime I post in here, you are the only person who I pray does not respond to my posts. Sorry for feeling that way, but thought you should know.

My Apologies to everyone for going off topic.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:44:48 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2013, 09:47:09 AM »

You should just delete it, no need for personal attacks like that on a sandbox-bound thread.

Let's get this back on topic...

JAGGER-OFF! FIGHT!

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2013, 09:47:26 AM »

I doubt you would be saying that if the topic was race or gender or religion or a host of other matters. If, however, you want to mount a defense of people's private feelings of racism, I'd love to hear it.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2013, 09:48:02 AM »

Yes, it is awful being related to me. I guess insinuating that is on par with questioning your use of the word rights, eh? Don't worry, I won't respond to your points further.

Bye all.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2013, 09:50:48 AM »

Yes, it is awful being related to me. I guess insinuating that is on par with questioning your use of the word rights, eh? Don't worry, I won't respond to your points further.

Bye all.
Thanks you!

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2013, 10:00:54 AM »

You should just delete it, no need for personal attacks like that on a sandbox-bound thread.

JAGGER-OFF! FIGHT!

Come on ladies, if you had to do the nasty with either of these guys who would you pick?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2013, 10:25:57 AM »

So drbeachboy is a homophobe?
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2013, 11:43:59 AM »

So drbeachboy is a homophobe?
Seems so. I guess my quote under my avatar will change to "Homophobe, since 8/20/2013", similar to AGD's. I have a brother and two sisters who are Gay & Lesbian, so I know full well what all three had to go through just to gain acceptance within the family, not to mention what they went through in the outside world. They have gone through a lot to be accepted. For them, it's taken 40 plus years to get where we are today. The acceptance we have today did not happen overnight.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Gohi
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2013, 12:08:23 PM »

Not anything wrong with giving off gay vibes at all. Mike's stage presence is/was cringe-worthy because he's always spouting off how he's been with so many chicks, and (from what I've read about him before transcendental meditation) was a violent guy always trying to prove how tough he is. It comes off as awkward and not very self-aware. Mick seemed confident in his stage presence. Please don't read things into my comment that aren't there, thank you.  Smiley

I admit I phrased myself poorly. I should have just said Mike looked creepy as hell. How's that?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:10:40 PM by Gohi » Logged
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2013, 12:21:02 PM »

I can't be arsed to read the whole thread, so my apologies if this has been posted, but this is as asinine as anything Mike ever did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mke9ZDNZGJE
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2013, 12:35:31 PM »

I can't be arsed to read the whole thread, so my apologies if this has been posted, but this is as asinine as anything Mike ever did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mke9ZDNZGJE

Jeeez Ed, your link should have come with a government health warning attached to it. The second I saw the song title in my browser I screamed in terror and hit the exit button!

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2013, 01:57:01 PM »

Not anything wrong with giving off gay vibes at all. Mike's stage presence is/was cringe-worthy because he's always spouting off how he's been with so many chicks, and (from what I've read about him before transcendental meditation) was a violent guy always trying to prove how tough he is. It comes off as awkward and not very self-aware. Mick seemed confident in his stage presence. Please don't read things into my comment that aren't there, thank you.  Smiley

I admit I phrased myself poorly. I should have just said Mike looked creepy as hell. How's that?

Creepy is accurate.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2013, 02:03:17 PM »

Maybe some of you all (myself included probably) should consider taking a break from this site!

It's a bit ironic that a guy trying (and maybe failing) to be funny inspires pages of people getting testy with each other... I mean, look at it: everyone's reading all this crap into whatever Mike says and however he looks.... I'd dare say Mike wins in the end because he has folk all up in arms over him 24/7. Not bad marketing at all.

In the end, big deal! It's supposed to be noteworthy that the guy who fronts a band full of total dorks isn't quite as cool as Mick Jagger? Oh really??
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 02:04:19 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
oldsurferdude
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2013, 04:58:19 PM »

I can't read according to Dohkture Beechboi, but it looks as if you're actually calling brOOth and the rest of the sidemen of the M&B band dorks-n'est pas? I certainly agree with you but just sayin'. Grin
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2013, 07:57:02 PM »

Mike was clearly channeling Mick Jagger in the 1976 tour footage but I gotta admit, I think he looks pretty cool.  Usually Mike looks super awkward standing in place and singing without an instrument.  Having the freedom to really move and jump around like that gave him an added stage presence I think.

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2013, 10:44:37 PM »

As long as no ones rights are violated, people should have a right to feel as they choose.

Can you feel as you choose? I can't, I just feel, sometimes I choose to feel different from how I do, but then I still feel the way I do, not the way I choose.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2013, 11:11:29 PM »

JAGGER-OFF! FIGHT!

"It's a damn shame." - Fantasy Mike Love

phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2013, 02:32:22 AM »

I really like Mike Love's 1970s stage presence but then I like eccentric people in general. Compare his somewhat cheesy but highly energetic mid-70s performances to the early-80s footage where he looked totally average and didn't do much except for his singing and the odd stage banter and then tell me what you prefer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5uA58mO6t0 (1983 Seattle concert).
Ted
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2013, 02:57:11 AM »

Now you're equating "gayness" with creepiness. Wanna give it one more go?
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2013, 04:21:03 AM »

As long as no ones rights are violated, people should have a right to feel as they choose.

Can you feel as you choose? I can't, I just feel, sometimes I choose to feel different from how I do, but then I still feel the way I do, not the way I choose.
Meaning, not being told or forced to think or feel like someone else wants you too. Seriously, you couldn't figure that out?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,