gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680845 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 10:20:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian with Jeff Beck Fall Tour Dates  (Read 200701 times)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: October 09, 2013, 03:31:06 PM »

Haha! Well what was funny was, she asked then hugged him right away almost like she knew he'd say no! It was very special! Smiley

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: October 09, 2013, 04:54:17 PM »

Chastain vids:

Sail On, Sailor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAR3QrUpdhc
Our Prayer/Surf's Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp1y1H-n_TI
Surfin' USA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEU2mXw_wn0
That One You Don't Like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRgBOYUMJPM

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 09, 2013, 05:03:11 PM »

BAD are letting M&B to tour the endless summer of stale hits...

In my opinion, the M & B setlist is superior to this current/recent BAD setlist and Mike's vocals are superior to Brian's current/recent vocals.
Sherriif, I am reluctant to say it but I agree with what you are saying here.  I saw Mike and Bruce in June and Again just two weeks before I drove to DC to see the BADBECK show.   To be honest, with full appreciation of Brian's and the bands efforts, and with the addition of the very talented and legendary Jeff Beck, I enjoyed the Mike and Bruce and company show a lot more.  7 guys rocking the house with a truckload of well executed BB songs for nearly two and a half hours.   I left the DC show with a sort of WTF feeling.  The last BW show that I really dug was a greatest hits show with Taylor Mills and Brian having fun with the intro to Marcella.
Mayoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 09, 2013, 05:44:54 PM »

According to Brian's forum, Blondie was there for "Sail On Sailor" and "Wild Honey" tonight.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 09, 2013, 05:49:54 PM »

A teenage girl with a copy of Surfer Girl and Pet Sounds (Okay... okay... I know I missed an opportunity here but I'm a shy guy!) She took two steps toward Brian
and broke down crying. Al turned to her and gave her a big hug Smiley David followed it up with "That's not going to make a good picture!" and hugged her too. What happened next
convinced me... she said "Can I have a hug Brian?" and she hugged him either way and Brian said "Hugs for you" Razz

Great story FOTM! I bet it's worth it for the guys when they see a fan so emotionally happy when meeting them.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 09, 2013, 05:57:14 PM »

ontor,   When do you find time to sleep?   I am following this thread, but not adding much.  I'll soon change that. Grin  Yesterday was my only chance to see the show, but gave up on finding affordable seats at 5pm...The Palace is a nice place too, around 2800 seats, built in the 30's.  They had 75% sold last time I looked.  Most ticket re-sellers were listing as Jeff Beck and Brian Wilson, how about that all you Brian fans?  Oh well,  got up this morning and watched the PA show you found, and glad I did - as that has been removed.  Overall the best set/show I've seen so far.  This is sure a better pairing than the Paul Simon deal.  Got anything yet from Albany?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:51:04 AM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 09, 2013, 06:09:57 PM »

According to Brian's forum, Blondie was there for "Sail On Sailor" and "Wild Honey" tonight.

Blondie is most definitely here in Boston. Absolutely rocked SOS And Wild Honey and also came out for Rhonda. BB's set just ended and Brian was in very good form. Great set.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: October 09, 2013, 07:11:16 PM »

Albany:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQRAJUHbSmw
Our Prayer / etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X899hVZSQ8A
A Day in the Life

Bring on Wild Honey!
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 09, 2013, 07:46:36 PM »

Blondie is most definitely here in Boston. Absolutely rocked SOS And Wild Honey and also came out for Rhonda. BB's set just ended and Brian was in very good form. Great set.

I can't WAIT for Sunday!

My favorite eras of the Boys are Today! through (the demise of) Smile and 20/20 through In Concert.  I'm a huge fan of Smile and Blondie.  My top five Beach Boys songs are rarely performed together at shows (mainly because one of them is "Surf's Up").  I'm also a HUGE fan of Foskett and believe at this stage that he's the best man out there to sing "Wouldn't It Be Nice" (my favorite Beach Boys song) in concert.  I passed on seeing C50 because I'd already seen that line up (with the exception of David) in 1981.  (Also, I had to work.) 

My wife knows all of this.  We've been together 17 years but separated about two years ago.  We still talk nearly every day and have recently resumed marriage counselling but we just can't live together right now.  She's still my absolute world and hopefully we can resolve our issues sooner, rather than later.  In the meantime, she never ceases to amaze or surprise me, as she did with two free tickets to Sunday's show.  I'm currently out of work for medical reasons but also not receiving any compensation (unemployment, disability, etc).  I work from home, part time at best, and make very little when I do work.  THis tour is a dream come true for me, for so many reasons, and I wouldn't be going if it wasn't for her.   Love

Given the choice, I'd rather she and I were together and I missed the show but if I can't have that, this is a VERY nice consolation prize.  Grin
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 09, 2013, 09:08:31 PM »

Just got back from the Boston show. I thought Brian was fantastic tonight. He's voice was soft but strong. It's come a long way since the 90s (I say this because I was recently listening to IJWMFTT). He sounded good on the high notes, especially singing God Only Knows.

Having Blondie out there was really special. He did a great job on SOS and WH. He came out for Rhonda, he did vocals on a Jeff Beck song and he was out for the encore. Thought Al sounded great all night, the backup band had great energy, especially Scott, and David sounded good on Little Bird.

I wish David got more leads on guitar, but Nicky Wonder was spot on all night.

Jeff Beck isn't exactly my thing, but his version of Surf's Up was really cool. Seeing Brian's band, then Jeff's band just proves how fantastic Brian's group is, not to say Jeff's was bad, just more amateurish.

David and Al seem to have fun together on their side of the stage. Brian was smiling and talked quite a few times. Jeff sounded OK. He sang lead on Don't Worry Baby, Wouldn't It Be Nice and most of Barbara Ann. Not really sure why Al couldn't have handled WIBN. Maybe because of his lyrical issues of the past...

As I was walking back to the T, David came out of one of the buses. I stopped really quick just to tell him I've been listening to the Beach Boys since I was seven years old and that he and Carl's guitar playing inspired me to pick up a guitar. He was very nice and seemed appreciative of the comments. It was my first time meeting a member of my favorite band.

I also happened to sit next to Darian at the restaurant I ate at before the show and didn't even realize it was him until he put his glasses on as he was leaving. I didn't talk to him, but some people at the restaurant took pictures with him as he was leaving.

I saw Mike's band a couple months back at Mohegan Sun and I can honestly say I enjoyed both shows pretty equally. It just depends on what you look for out of a show. Having another C50 tour would be a best case scenario, but being able to see six Beach Boys in a couple months is still pretty cool.
keysarsoze001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #535 on: October 09, 2013, 09:23:31 PM »

Just back from Boston show. Brian was more animated than at the Boston C50 show, and he seemed to be enjoying himself throughout. We got The White Suit. We got Blondie doing SOS and Wild Honey. Al sounded great. Brian sounded very Brian, but I'll take warts-n-all Brian over B-Pain any day. Merch was actually super cool in my humble opinion. "Our Prayer" sounded better at the C50 show, but still sounded good here.

Jeff was pretty rad, although I'm still scratching my head at what a strange combo this is.

Overall great energy. Just a bunch of musicians who all enjoy playing together. Plus it's nice to have Brian's band sort of own the stage more. With the C50 shows it was a bit "The Beach Boys! ...and those other guys in the back who make us sound good-like DON'T LOOK AT THEM! Look at MEEEEE. I will POINT at you unTIL you look ONly at ME". With this show they were able to bounce around and interact more, particularly with Brian. Plus I get all Boston Proud over Nelson and Probyn being locals.

Oh, and "The Great" running joke is still running.
keysarsoze001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: October 09, 2013, 09:25:08 PM »

Just back from Boston show. Brian was more animated than at the Boston C50 show, and he seemed to be enjoying himself throughout. We got The White Suit. We got Blondie doing SOS and Wild Honey. Al sounded great. Brian sounded very Brian, but I'll take warts-n-all Brian over B-Pain any day. Merch was actually super cool in my humble opinion. "Our Prayer" sounded better at the C50 show, but still sounded good here.

Jeff was pretty rad, although I'm still scratching my head at what a strange combo this is.

Overall great energy. Just a bunch of musicians who all enjoy playing together. Plus it's nice to have Brian's band sort of own the stage more. With the C50 shows it was a bit "The Beach Boys! ...and those other guys in the back who make us sound good-like DON'T LOOK AT THEM! Look at MEEEEE. I will POINT at you unTIL you look ONly at ME". With this show they were able to bounce around and interact more, particularly with Brian. Plus I get all Boston Proud over Nelson and Probyn being locals.

Oh, and "The Great" running joke is still running.

To be clear, Jeff BECK was pretty rad. Foskett is a lot of things to a lot of people, but I don't think "rad" would be anyone's choice of descriptor for him.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 09, 2013, 09:40:42 PM »

To be clear, Jeff BECK was pretty rad. Foskett is a lot of things to a lot of people, but I don't think "rad" would be anyone's choice of descriptor for him.

I think his strutting is pretty rad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGBGUU1leAM&feature=player_detailpage#t=27

Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 09, 2013, 09:56:25 PM »

I think his strutting is pretty rad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGBGUU1leAM&feature=player_detailpage#t=27

LOL
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 09, 2013, 10:18:08 PM »

With the C50 shows it was a bit "The Beach Boys! ...and those other guys in the back who make us sound good-like DON'T LOOK AT THEM! Look at MEEEEE. I will POINT at you unTIL you look ONly at ME".

LOL
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: October 10, 2013, 12:04:05 AM »

There's one place where they might think Jeff's rad -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8T41PcC9eE
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 10, 2013, 02:03:17 AM »

There's one place where they might think Jeff's rad -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8T41PcC9eE

Is that Jason Alexander (Seinfeld's 'George') unloading the truck at 15sec?
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 10, 2013, 02:35:06 AM »

Having Blondie out there was really special. He did a great job on SOS and WH. He came out for Rhonda, he did vocals on a Jeff Beck song and he was out for the encore.

Video in hi-def or it didn't happen!!

Evil

J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 10, 2013, 05:12:08 AM »

Last night was a very unique Beach Boys expierience. When it was announced that Blondie would be making a few dates, but Boston was not one of them I was really bummed. Well lo and behold, Brian begins to introduce "one of my favorite singers from the 70's" and out walks Blondie to rip into SOS, well that was it for me. He really jammed on it like it was 1973 and he stayed out and tore up Wild Honey. 4 Beach Boys on stage was pretty exciting, after what has gone down. As I and others have said, Brian was in very good form last night, very engaged. I was really hoping for 'Til I die, but we got WH instead I guess. I am not familiar at all with Beck, but I really enjoyed his set. The guy is a monster talent.
As mentioned, Al kept it clean with the White Suit. When he was introducing Ol Man River/Cottonfields he actually mentioned the new box set. Additionally, about half way through the set, he explained that they used to do Their Hearts Were Full of Spring, but that  "we just recently started doing it again, well, what's left of us". An obvious reference of what's going on with M&B, and the crowd gave a nice round of applause at that comment.
I'd obviously wish they were all back together, but barring that it was good to see them all this year, even if it was two seperate shows. If you are on the fence on seeing this show, don't pass it up.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 10, 2013, 05:15:11 AM »

Hi Mayoman,  Welcome to the board. Grin   Boston, my new favorite set so far.  This tour keeps getting better!  Blondie should be at all dates.  Jeff is doing "Even Odds" -one of his better recent rave-ups from 1999.  Was there a dry eye in Boston as the lights went out after Danny Boy?  Bet not, me too - I'm Irish/English.  Hope they do a dvd.  Note from the Albany show:  Jeff made a comment the other day about how folks should turn off the recorders and just enjoy the show.  The up-loader mentioned he was being hassled by security! -"stay in 'yer seat kid, we's got a show going on."  
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:18:09 AM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 10, 2013, 05:49:16 AM »

Just back from youtube, still nothing...but did stop by Til I Die @The Sands again.  Great, great, great! 3D  And, And... a plug for our on ontor.  On the Chuck/Freshman mash-up, did I catch Mike taking credit for the idea?...Mike Love is Crazy...(removed by who?)...must be the Kokomo Syndrome...could Carl look more embarrassed sliding out on that surfboard?  That's all the Mike that fits -"I'm the Surf Word man."  If it makes you laugh out loud - it's a terminal - "gimme some due!" The morning will go on...with help. Lips Sealed

LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 10, 2013, 05:53:48 AM »

Seeing Brian's band, then Jeff's band just proves how fantastic Brian's group is, not to say Jeff's was bad, just more amateurish.

Shocked

Huh

Thud
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 10, 2013, 05:53:55 AM »

Additionally, about half way through the set, he explained that they used to do Their Hearts Were Full of Spring, but that  "we just recently started doing it again, well, what's left of us". An obvious reference of what's going on with M&B, and the crowd gave a nice round of applause at that comment.

Ironically, M&B are actually doing "Their Hearts Were Full of Spring" too these days...

Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 10, 2013, 06:46:02 AM »

Just a reminder that Brian and Jeff Beck will be on Jimmy Fallon tonight.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 10, 2013, 06:47:43 AM »

Is there a way to watch the show online as it's happening?

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 39 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx