-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:35:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  AGD banned?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AGD banned?  (Read 47682 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2013, 09:03:09 AM »

Sir, I would willingly insult you, but I doubt you would comprehend the full depth of my contempt for you, thus I will merely state that you, sir, are undoubtedly the most facially ill-favoured individual I have ever clapped eyes on.

Uh... was that OK ?  Grin

Been catching up with this thread, and it's been most illuminating (aside from The Usual Suspects, natch - we used to have an 'ignore' button on a previous incarnation of this forum, any chance we could have it again ?). I have a short fuse, that's not news and yes, I fully support the banning of repeat offenders but the rules should be applied fairly across the board - there are people here whose sole reason for posting seems to be to disrupt threads, broadcast their ill-informed and equally ill-expressed dislike of varied band members... in general, to disrupt the ebb and flow of interaction while not actually contributing. (Reminds me of a kid who used to come into a store I managed maybe 10 years ago and walk up and down the candy racks yelling "don't like that... don't like that... that's horrible... HATE that..." on a daily basis. You'll be not in the least surprised to learn I endured that for maybe five weeks before I banned his sorry ass from the shop). Yet they're allowed to get away with it. Maybe I should try it.

This forum is about Brian Wilson & The Beach Boys and the incomparable music they've made these last 52-odd years, not about the posters, especially those who seem to suffer from some mutant strain of Tourette's. Some of us here are just fans (enviable individuals !), others have varying degrees of knowledge and access. Some truly are insiders, who must be mortified at the sheer ignorance sometimes displayed here. But, bottom line, it's all about the music, not us.

I'm somewhat amused that with this thread I've indirectly contributed towards the banning of a poster who, IMO, should never have been readmitted. I saw those images: only a truly sick mind would post them in a semi-public forum without warning, just as only a truly sick mind would then threaten self-harm when reminded of their vileness. Leopards... spots... that kind of thing.

And now, ladies, gentlemen and creatures of indeterminate gender, we have a box set to dissect, discuss and mull over.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 09:49:36 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: August 22, 2013, 09:14:12 AM »

The difference is, you were a kid and he's a 50 year old man.

I deeply resent this totally inaccurate comment - I'll be 58 in September.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2013, 10:44:31 AM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2013, 11:15:07 AM »

And now, ladies, gentlemen and creatures of indeterminate gender, we have a box set to dissect, discuss and mull over.

ah, SOME of us DON'T have it yet!!!!!!!   Cry

Good to see you back AGD!   Cool

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
MBE
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2013, 11:25:16 AM »

Again welcome back.
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2013, 01:52:23 PM »

ah, SOME of us DON'T have it yet!!!!!!!   Cry

Do you mean the box set or gender...?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2013, 03:19:45 PM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2013, 03:52:39 PM »

RIMSHOT!

budda boom budda bing!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 23, 2013, 04:52:35 AM »

This "commemorative" event can be easily associated with return of Jedi Grand Master, though Mr. Doe isn't the oldest Smiley Smiler. If memory serves me well, Mr. Mayo is 2 years behind him. But there are even much more older people, like oldsurferdude, NHC, Mr. TM, Mr. Desper, Mr. Boyd etc.

Btw, if you didn't catch it, Mr. Doe (or others), the "Jedi Grand Master" term is taken from "Star Wars" - some space-travelling/fighting franchise. Here's the article copied straight from Wiki, the definition:

Jedi Grand Master: The Grand Master is usually the oldest, most experienced and best trained of all Jedi. A Grand Master is chosen by the Jedi Council to lead the entire Jedi Order, while the Master of the Order is elected by the council to chair its meetings and serve as the Grand Master's junior partner in charge of the day-to-day administration of the order. In Star Wars, Yoda is considered to be both the Grand Master and the Master of the Order, although neither office is ever mentioned in any of the six films of the saga. His position as the leader of the council is inexplicably acquired off-screen when Mace Windu, his predecessor and one-time pupil, ceases to hold the title of Master of the Order at some point in the period between The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

Hope it did help.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: August 23, 2013, 06:07:56 AM »

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 23, 2013, 06:12:12 AM »

I already explained it. Just did some analogy between Mr. Doe & Jedi Grand Master, their returns to SmileySmile.net & Star Wars respectively. Hope now it is all clarified.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2013, 03:21:02 PM »

This "commemorative" event can be easily associated with return of Jedi Grand Master, though Mr. Doe isn't the oldest Smiley Smiler. If memory serves me well, Mr. Mayo is 2 years behind him. But there are even much more older people, like oldsurferdude, NHC, Mr. TM, Mr. Desper, Mr. Boyd etc.

Ummm... there's a man at the door called Alan Boyd who would like a word with you...  Grin

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2013, 03:45:43 PM »

Don't think Steve Mayo is 2 years behind Doe.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 24, 2013, 05:25:54 AM »

2Mikie: currently, Mr. Mayo's account shows his age as 59. Add to that the fact that he's born on the same day as Jerry Lee Lewis (September-something), according to what he wrote in "General music discussion", and here we have --> 60 y.o., i.e. 2 years older than Mr. Doe.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2013, 12:51:09 AM »

Which would be two years ahead of me.  Grin

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2013, 07:51:22 AM »

2Mr. Doe:

See, I actually almost chose "ahead" instead, but somehow got mixed up about what word is more logical here, so I went with "behind". Blame it on my non-native English origin.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2013, 04:45:29 AM »

Not a problem. My excuse for that kind of thing is, I'm not actually as good a scribe as I think I am.  Shocked

bluesno1fann
« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2014, 03:38:31 AM »

This. Was. One. f***ed. Up. Thread.

Why wasn't this locked?!

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Jason
« Reply #168 on: January 06, 2014, 08:03:46 AM »

Because it eventually died down...until you had to bump it.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2014, 08:29:54 AM »

Nothin' like dredging up dirty laundry, eh?  Geez.  Roll Eyes

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: