-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:20:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  The Royal Birth
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Royal Birth  (Read 12064 times)
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 01:58:15 PM »

Screw the Royal Family. What scum. They essentially abdicated all their real power years ago yet still get to keep all the perks of being a monachy. No one voted for them so they are an anachronism on any modern democratic society. Yet try to explain this to John Q Public (thay guy again!) and you are likely to get a blank eyed stare responce.

I defy anyone to explain how the birth of a child from two snooty, overprivileged cunts who couldn't give a sh*t about you, somehow  makes your life better.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 02:17:22 PM »

Dr. Johnson was a Torry and that's good enough a recommendation for me

He may have given us the dictionary but Dr Johnson represented everything you right wingers hate about England? Even then, he's a terrible guy.

Not really. Read Boswell or something for Christ's sake.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 02:18:24 PM »

The monarchy is all right in my book. f*** democracy. Mass democracy is a plague that needs to be eradicated from the face of the earth.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 02:25:58 PM »

How soon can we expect to see Elton John performing "Circle Of Life" to commemorate the occasion?  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2013, 03:51:26 PM »

I wonder if Sir Paul McCartney played in the hospital room while Kate was in labor.... Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 05:10:12 PM »

The monarchy is all right in my book. f*** democracy. Mass democracy is a plague that needs to be eradicated from the face of the earth.

Your right wing card is revoked.

I read a bit of Boswell. He seemed like a pathetic bastard who hung onto to coattails of the aristocracy. In any case, it's not my favourite bits of English history.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2013, 12:04:02 AM »

Your right wing card is revoked.

I read a bit of Boswell. He seemed like a pathetic bastard who hung onto to coattails of the aristocracy. In any case, it's not my favourite bits of English history.

You go girl, ignorance is strength!

http://i.imgur.com/5nooE3V.jpg

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 01:53:20 AM »

Privileged white male mocks gender equality, pictures at 11...

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2013, 01:58:10 AM »

After about two weeks of sunshine we had thunderstorms last night. An ill omen...

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 02:13:08 AM »

Privileged white male mocks gender equality, pictures at 11...

Interesting that you just assume that I'm white...

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 02:16:23 AM »

Why would you lie about being Ted Danson?

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 02:36:42 AM »

Why would you lie about being Ted Danson?

oh no you don't, you just broke the first rule of social justice crybaby club, how do you know that I'm white? I am downright offended that you would erase my identity like that. Apologize.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2013, 02:40:16 AM »

Because u strongly defend racism, laugh at the prospect of institutionalised racism, and just called me a social justice crybaby. Sounds pretty rightwing white privilege to me.

If I've got u down wrong, explain yourself.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:42:31 AM by hypehat » Logged

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2013, 02:48:53 AM »

Because u strongly defend racism, laugh at the prospect of institutionalised racism, and just called me a social justice crybaby. Sounds pretty rightwing white privilege to me.

Interesting...very interesting....

So what you're saying is, if the shoe fits, wear it. If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, it's ok to assume that it's a duck. So you would be alright with assuming that perhaps a baby, born with a penis, as the overwhelming majority of the time that happens the baby identifies as a boy, is perhaps, like the majority of baby's born with a penis, a boy?

So as you agree with me on this point, it seems you too are a privileged little right wing white piece of sh*t, glad we're of the same mind about this!

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2013, 02:51:32 AM »

I thought you had a pair of balls there for a second, I was surprised you didn't just immediately cave and supplicate yourself to the GOD of equality and social justice, but you chickened out at the last second.

I may or may not be white, I'm not going to tell you, and you have no way of knowing. To assume that I'm privileged is, by your logic, an assumption you aren't allowed to make there buddy boy. Nice try though, thanks for playing.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:52:50 AM by Dr. John Becker » Logged

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2013, 03:37:52 AM »

Hey, I just wanted to make sure our petty bickering wasn't based on lies. If they were, I just couldn't stand the hurt, Ted.

If you don't want to tell me anything about yourself, which is ok, I guess this pissing contest is over? I'm just trying to suss out your position. I'm off to work.

Paulos
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2013, 11:45:30 AM »

I'm not sure why some woman I don't know and have never met giving birth is newsworthy. Women give birth all the time, it's not a big deal.
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2013, 12:42:49 PM »

Do you know they have invented a little gizmo that simulates labor. Go and trial one for an hour and then come back and tell us what a big deal is.

Caretaker in an aesthetic prison of my own dimension.
Paulos
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2013, 12:45:04 PM »

I'm good for that thanks.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2013, 07:57:56 AM »

Interesting...very interesting....

So what you're saying is, if the shoe fits, wear it. If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, it's ok to assume that it's a duck. So you would be alright with assuming that perhaps a baby, born with a penis, as the overwhelming majority of the time that happens the baby identifies as a boy, is perhaps, like the majority of baby's born with a penis, a boy?

So as you agree with me on this point, it seems you too are a privileged little right wing white piece of sh*t, glad we're of the same mind about this!

This has been one of my favorite social/political exchanges EVER!   Cheesy 

Friggin' hilarious!

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2013, 08:38:13 AM »

I'm not sure why some woman I don't know and have never met giving birth is newsworthy. Women give birth all the time, it's not a big deal.

It's just pure ridiculousness.  They do NOTHING and GET MONEY.  It's the greatest gig/hoax/mind-bang -- in all the world.  They have no jobs.  They have no purpose.  They just get money.  And millions of people play along.

Shrug

One of my favorite things about being an American, is that our nation was basically "birthed" (pun-intended) out of this realization.  A bunch of folks realizing just how out-to-lunch all this crap is.

As GuitarFool pointed out, the U.S. does have peculiar case of its own.  Certain people who get protected by the media, their scandals gently massaged away -- and given whatever they want.  While the Kennedys are at the head table in this lame fantasy -- it's actually much larger and more troublesome then a bunch of rich white kids from Massachusetts with big teeth.  That's because U.S. royalty still retains governing power.

Since it extends beyond the Kennedys, Americans can't simply say:  "FINE!  Just take the money.  But no more governing power.  You're just fkcing everything to hell."  So in a strange way... I might actually prefer the Brit's Royalty-situation a bit more.   Undecided

LOL

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2013, 06:45:04 AM »

This has been one of my favorite social/political exchanges EVER!   Cheesy 

Friggin' hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Zf2CdJwbhsg&t=417
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 06:45:59 AM by Dr. John Becker » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print