-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:04:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  George Zimmerman declared not guilty of second-degree murder
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: George Zimmerman declared not guilty of second-degree murder  (Read 149416 times)
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »

The real story isn't Zimmerman or Trayvon.

The real story is...
Why we know about it.
Why it got politicized.
Why NBC edited the tape.
Why Zimmerman was called a "white"hispanic.
Why the President said "if I had a son, he'd LOOK like Trayvon.

Why the prosecution bungled the case.

This is what will be studied in history classes 100 years from now.  
NOT whether Zimmerman was standing his ground or being an aggressive douche.
NOT whether Trayvon was a punk or just out enjoying some skillets (as Al Sharpton calls 'em).
NOT the intricisies of Florida's conceal/carry.
NOT the hoodie.
It's not the hoodie.

WHITE HISPANIC.
LOOK LIKE TRAYVON.

Stay focused... We're in this together.  Because we're all Americans.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:56:14 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

Jason
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/15/ny-daily-news-trayvon-martin_n_3597797.html?ir=Politics&ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

I think everyone here should have BIG problems with this.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2013, 10:15:19 AM »

Trayvon Martin and Emmitt Till probably shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. At least Zimmerman was put on trial..
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:17:16 AM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Jason
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »

To be fair, Trayvon Martin should not be listed among any of those individuals.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2013, 10:31:12 AM »

If you're going to kill a black person make sure you are also black, then other black people won't care.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jason
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 10:33:03 AM »

If you're going to kill a black person make sure you are also black, then other black people won't care.

Not just black people, but people in general. You think white people give a damn about black-on-black crime? HELL no.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 10:34:39 AM »

To be fair, Trayvon Martin should not be listed among any of those individuals.

I agree. What happened to Trayvon is truly sad and the fact he got away free is infuriating.

However, just because he is African-American doesn't mean this was as important as the struggles of civil rights figures
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013, 10:38:57 AM »

Not just black people, but people in general. You think white people give a damn about black-on-black crime? HELL no.

White people hardly care about white-on-white crime as well.
Jason
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 10:40:59 AM »

This brings up a point I've always had. White people don't care about gun control until some asshole shoots up an area in white suburbia. They don't give a sh*t when it happens in the inner cities. The only reason gun control is "popular" now in the U.S. is because one asshole broke white suburban America's one rule - NIMBY, or "NOT IN MY BACK YARD".
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2013, 10:53:08 AM »

Yeah, that is gross.  This is the disgusting reality of the modern race-industry.  It's hard to watch this, when you know step-by-step what they're doing, but can't stop it.

I'm not sure why people want racial tension to persist (I have theories and ideas -- money, power, control) but it is sad to watch this.  It's sad to read people's comments.  It's sad to see these riots: where people who say they want justice, feel that terrorizing others and destroying property is how it's done.  It's sad to see all these people played like cheap whores -- used for other people's greedy desires -- duped into thinking they're making a difference and standing up for good.

That's a huge crime in my book -- stealing people's charity, hijacking their goodwill.  It crushes me to see this happen.  It's quite demonic.  It hurts.

But "they" (the race industry) does want this, believe it or not.  "They" do have a reason for creating social unrest.  It makes no sense to rational, thinking human beings who want love, peace and all the rest -- but this is their game.  It's simply the next move on their chess board.  And it was all planned...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:55:53 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 11:14:41 AM »

Yeah, that is gross.  This is the disgusting reality of the modern race-industry.  It's hard to watch this, when you know step-by-step what they're doing, but can't stop it.

I'm not sure why people want racial tension to persist (I have theories and ideas -- money, power, control) but it is sad to watch this.  It's sad to read people's comments.  It's sad to see these riots: where people who say they want justice, feel that terrorizing others and destroying property is how it's done.  It's sad to see all these people played like cheap whores -- used for other people's greedy desires -- duped into thinking they're making a difference and standing up for good.

That's a huge crime in my book -- stealing people's charity, hijacking their goodwill.  It crushes me to see this happen.  It's quite demonic.  It hurts.

But "they" (the race industry) does want this, believe it or not.  "They" do have a reason for creating social unrest.  It makes no sense to rational, thinking human beings who want love, peace and all the rest -- but this is their game.  It's simply the next move on their chess board.  And it was all planned...

Yeah, the ability to take advantage of people is nothing new.

Unfortunately we are a reactionary society of Kool-Aid drinkers that have lost the ability to think rationally or objectively to matters like the Zimmerman trial.  When this story went national, you knew exactly what position every group of people were going to take.  No surprises, no one attempting to look at both sides of the story. This story should have been about two individuals making poor decisions one evening that led to an unnecessary death...nothing else. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013, 11:19:41 AM »

This brings up a point I've always had. White people don't care about gun control until some asshole shoots up an area in white suburbia. They don't give a sh*t when it happens in the inner cities. The only reason gun control is "popular" now in the U.S. is because one asshole broke white suburban America's one rule - NIMBY, or "NOT IN MY BACK YARD".

Yeah, I understand.

lately, I find it helpful (for my own sanity) to try not to blame people for not caring here or all-of-the-sudden caring there.  It is helpful to point that out, yes -- but only if it illuminates in them their emotional inconsistency and perhaps that its source is not native to them in the first place -- but rather a social reaction.  If they can understand that, that they're herded this way by their "leaders," and their "propaganda/media" -- it's a relief (to me and them) to know that they aren't inconsistent themselves.  If they accept this as a possibility, it will resolve them -- free them from this social-emotional slavery.

Until then, they're trapped.  Pawns.  Used.  And that pisses me off.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2013, 11:38:04 AM »

Unfortunately we are a reactionary society of Kool-Aid drinkers that have lost the ability to think rationally or objectively
Well said.  I've been thinking about why this happens.  I made mention of it in my last post -- social-emotional slavery.  But we all experience this phenomenon in little ways.  For example, if I was to be in the same room as Brian Wilson, my ability to think would be impaired -- I'd be in awe.  It's mental physics.  In space larger bodies have physical effects on their surroundings -- bending light, gravitational pull.  Even bending time.

Extrapolating that out to societies -- or masses of organisms, peoples gathered together -- it explains mob mentalities.  Their judgement is impaired by the space-time warp.   Grin

Just having fun... but I'm also making a point.  We now live in a society where larger media bodies can bend and shape our thinking.  Coupled with your point -- about the inability to think for themselves -- well, they call that checkmate.  The tools for ration thought are honed in schools.  And schools are now teaching social issues and social conformity -- not critical thinking.

And the ole trusty "morality" and "common sense" toolkits are ridiculed first in the social conformity camps of pubic education.  (yes I said pubic for a reason.)

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2013, 12:26:22 PM »

It’s called Flori-duh for a reason

Afro

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013, 12:36:44 PM »

Afro
Sitting on a jury is not like sitting in a chair in front of the tube and determining whether someone is innocent or guilty. Though, what drives me crazy is that when a California jury supposedly got it wrong in the O.J. Simpson trial, I don't remember seeing people taking to the streets because Nicole Brown-Simpson and Ron Goldman didn't get justice.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2013, 09:44:58 PM »

Afro
Sitting on a jury is not like sitting in a chair in front of the tube and determining whether someone is innocent or guilty. Though, what drives me crazy is that when a California jury supposedly got it wrong in the O.J. Simpson trial, I don't remember seeing people taking to the streets because Nicole Brown-Simpson and Ron Goldman didn't get justice.

Afro

I think a good way to explain that is this:
1) Zimmerman (from what we're told) picked the fight that wound up to Trayvon's death because he was a black kid. He picked him out and followed him.
2) O.J. didn't kill those people because they were white.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2013, 04:10:29 AM »

Afro

Afro

I think a good way to explain that is this:
1) Zimmerman (from what we're told) picked the fight that wound up to Trayvon's death because he was a black kid. He picked him out and followed him.
2) O.J. didn't kill those people because they were white.
Yet, I just listened to a juror who was interviewed saying that they, the jurors never saw that it was racially motivated.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2013, 09:26:35 AM »

Though, what drives me crazy is that when a California jury supposedly got it wrong in the O.J. Simpson trial, I don't remember seeing people taking to the streets because Nicole Brown-Simpson and Ron Goldman didn't get justice.

Because Nicole Brown-Simpson and Ron Goldman were not members of a race that have been longstanding victims of institutionalized racism, in which the law has played a vital role. Of course it "drives you crazy" - those who are in the dominant class don't actually have to consider these particular issues and are astounded by the reactions of the people who are faced with them every single second of waking life.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2013, 09:53:02 AM »

Though, what drives me crazy is that when a California jury supposedly got it wrong in the O.J. Simpson trial, I don't remember seeing people taking to the streets because Nicole Brown-Simpson and Ron Goldman didn't get justice.

Because Nicole Brown-Simpson and Ron Goldman were not members of a race that have been longstanding victims of institutionalized racism, in which the law has played a vital role. Of course it "drives you crazy" - those who are in the dominant class don't actually have to consider these particular issues and are astounded by the reactions of the people who are faced with them every single second of waking life.
Well, what about OJ Simpson, himself? I don't see institutionalized racism affecting his outcome. Seriously, if this was strictly about a person as a victim I could understand, but as I stated in my last post, even the jurors didn't see it as racism and both Martin and Zimmerman are minorities.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2013, 10:35:24 AM »

Well, what about OJ Simpson, himself? I don't see institutionalized racism affecting his outcome.

I don't think you understand what I mean when I say "institutionalized racism" nor are you aware of how it works.

Seriously, if this was strictly about a person as a victim I could understand, but as I stated in my last post, even the jurors didn't see it as racism and both Martin and Zimmerman are minorities.

You're shifting the goal posts. You asked about why the public reacted the way they did, and I answered. I wasn't responding to anything regarding the Trayvon Martin case nor was I making a comment on the status of minorities in general.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2013, 10:54:16 AM »

oooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo institutionalized racism

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2013, 11:11:37 AM »

Well, what about OJ Simpson, himself? I don't see institutionalized racism affecting his outcome.

I don't think you understand what I mean when I say "institutionalized racism" nor are you aware of how it works.

Seriously, if this was strictly about a person as a victim I could understand, but as I stated in my last post, even the jurors didn't see it as racism and both Martin and Zimmerman are minorities.

You're shifting the goal posts. You asked about why the public reacted the way they did, and I answered. I wasn't responding to anything regarding the Trayvon Martin case nor was I making a comment on the status of minorities in general.
As usual, talking with you is like talking to a brick wall. If I am not mistaken, this thread's header begins "George Zimmerman...". I have never run into someone, that at least at some point, I can have a normal conversation with, but we never in all this time have gotten that far. That I am truly amazed about. Smiley I'm done in here!

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2013, 11:27:46 AM »

As usual, talking with you is like talking to a brick wall. If I am not mistaken, this thread's header begins "George Zimmerman...". I have never run into someone, that at least at some point, I can have a normal conversation with, but we never in all this time have gotten that far. That I am truly amazed about. Smiley I'm done in here!

This post alone should indicate why I find it impossible to have a normal conversation with you.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2013, 11:37:09 AM »

This post alone should indicate why I find it impossible to have a normal conversation with you.
Then don't!

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2013, 11:38:56 AM »

Then don't!

I wouldn't call this normal.   Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: