gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681504 Posts in 27639 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 09, 2024, 08:37:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiC up for order on Amazon, August release  (Read 445293 times)
over and over
Smiley Smile Associate

Help you in whatever you do

View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: August 28, 2013, 07:23:44 AM »

Got mine yesterday! Can't stop listening to it! I like the "Yearbook" layout.

"Give me a break, I'm trying something new." - Brian Wilson
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2751 on: August 28, 2013, 09:16:19 AM »

'Next time there's a boxset, you'd best stay out of sight'?

Hey, how'd you know? Cheesy

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2752 on: August 28, 2013, 09:31:06 AM »

I'm looking at Al Jardine's birthday as my delivery date ...

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: August 28, 2013, 10:41:37 AM »

I'm looking at Al Jardine's birthday as my delivery date ...

1942?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2754 on: August 28, 2013, 11:48:33 AM »

ha!

WELL ...

it's in Richmond now, which is East Bay, so I'm gonna assume/hope it'll get here for the holiday weekend !

NiekL
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: August 28, 2013, 12:01:39 PM »

Halfway through CD 1 now and I'm not impressed.

The master is sooo freaking loud, on half of the sounds every 'S' sound or snare hit the sound just distorts. It sounds like playing music with the pre-amp way too loud.  Also the stereo imaging is very wide.

The mix of Little Saint Nick is the worst I've heard so far. The sleighbells sound horrible.
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: August 28, 2013, 01:09:17 PM »

I didn't realize ordering with ImportCDs was going to turn out like this, and i didn't really know anything about DHL. I guess you get what you pay for. I ordered on Thursday the 22nd and the package just keeps sitting in different locations for up to and over 24 hours at a time. It's been handed over to USPS in California and according to the tracking, my delivery estimation to the east coast is Sept. 4th. Though when i spoke to someone at USPS to see if i could get more details, she said that date is being generous, that it could take up to 15 days. I've used the ImportCDs seller through Amazon before and i don't recall ever having to wait this long for a package.

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
Marcella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: August 28, 2013, 01:32:23 PM »

I didn't realize ordering with ImportCDs was going to turn out like this, and i didn't really know anything about DHL. I guess you get what you pay for. I ordered on Thursday the 22nd and the package just keeps sitting in different locations for up to and over 24 hours at a time. It's been handed over to USPS in California and according to the tracking, my delivery estimation to the east coast is Sept. 4th. Though when i spoke to someone at USPS to see if i could get more details, she said that date is being generous, that it could take up to 15 days. I've used the ImportCDs seller through Amazon before and i don't recall ever having to wait this long for a package.

I hear ya....any chance you could get a free 1-month premium Spotify account? I did and that will at least satiate me till the box finally does come...too bad by then I'll be back to working 2 jobs. As you said, you get what you paid for. I saved $30 not using amazon.com but lost about 1 week of time with the box. I try to calm myself by reminding myself that this set will invariably fall to well under $100 in time for holiday shopping anyway so what is the difference really...my original plan was to wait until it dropped and get it then...I should have stuck with that plan since I won't have any carefree days to enjoy the book. Que sera sera I suppose
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: August 28, 2013, 01:45:20 PM »

Interesting different people's different experiences with ImportCDs and Amazon.  No one narrative has emerged...the problems seem totally random.
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: August 28, 2013, 01:56:15 PM »

I note a few 'blogs' of dubious distinction, but impeccable taste, are already sharing the complete set. Wouldn't know where to find them of course ...

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: August 28, 2013, 02:34:02 PM »

I just got mine today!!! I'll return in a few days to talk about it.........

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: August 28, 2013, 02:43:28 PM »

Interesting different people's different experiences with ImportCDs and Amazon.  No one narrative has emerged...the problems seem totally random.

Yes, interesting. As I said, mine shipped about 4PM on the 21st and I got it ( In Saint Louis) about noon on the 27th.  Not that bad for the price.   
Might open it tonight to check out the booklet

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: August 28, 2013, 03:11:03 PM »

Painful to come on here without having mine yet

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: August 28, 2013, 03:25:33 PM »

So go get wasted and come back when it arrives

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: August 28, 2013, 03:51:45 PM »

Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: August 28, 2013, 03:59:43 PM »

I note a few 'blogs' of dubious distinction, but impeccable taste, are already sharing the complete set. Wouldn't know where to find them of course ...

Indeed, I don't know of their exystence.
PaulTMA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: August 28, 2013, 04:18:19 PM »

cease 2 exyst, cum say u luv me
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: August 28, 2013, 06:50:42 PM »

Indeed, I don't know of their exystence.
cough

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
over and over
Smiley Smile Associate

Help you in whatever you do

View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: August 28, 2013, 08:35:14 PM »

Don't worry my friend. Just keep saying "It WILL be in my hands!", but I know what you'll really be saying..."I WANT THIS BOXSET FUC*ING NOW!"

I hope they release another rarities CD. I don't wanna die without hearing the "In The Back Of My Mind" 1975 piano demo.

"Give me a break, I'm trying something new." - Brian Wilson
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: August 28, 2013, 08:41:21 PM »

I also ordered mine on the 22nd.  It said the delivery date was going to be the 31st.  However, it came in the mail today.  So I don't know, but it could be sooner than the 4th for you.  Hang in there.  Now... back to the music!
scooby1970
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2770 on: August 29, 2013, 06:39:41 AM »

My Amazon order still say "Not Yet Dispatched", and delivery day around 4th-7th September. Really looking forward to owning the actual physical box and CDs.

Smiley Mark

Long time Beach Boys fan and collector. Long time forum browser.
Marcella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: August 30, 2013, 01:30:46 PM »

For anyone like me who ordered from importcds and has yet to receive their shipment. Here is the brief synopsis of my experience thus far:

Ordered Friday 8/23, marked as shipped 7 hours later which was 8 pm EST/5 pm PST from California
Left California on Wednesday 8/28
Arrived in Kentucky today, Friday 8/30 at 6:30 am EST

With delivery to where I live in NJ, and no delivery on Monday (Labor Day in the US) I expect arrival Tuesday 9/3--which marks an 11-day odyssey from shipment to receipt. Yeah, won't be using importcds for anything I greatly care about in the future--prices are great but don't get it if you are in a rush. As a school teacher who returns to work Tuesday 9/3 I am not a happy camper...
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: August 30, 2013, 01:46:43 PM »

For anyone like me who ordered from importcds and has yet to receive their shipment. Here is the brief synopsis of my experience thus far:

Ordered Friday 8/23, marked as shipped 7 hours later which was 8 pm EST/5 pm PST from California
Left California on Wednesday 8/28
Arrived in Kentucky today, Friday 8/30 at 6:30 am EST

With delivery to where I live in NJ, and no delivery on Monday (Labor Day in the US) I expect arrival Tuesday 9/3--which marks an 11-day odyssey from shipment to receipt. Yeah, won't be using importcds for anything I greatly care about in the future--prices are great but don't get it if you are in a rush. As a school teacher who returns to work Tuesday 9/3 I am not a happy camper...
Mine would be here today from importCds if our lovely United States Postal Service that loses $1B annually didn't get it here to my city's sorting facility and then dispatch it to freaking Maryland! It's now through Greensboro, NC on its way back to FL I assume. Probably won't get it until Tuesday like you.

And we wonder why the USPS is junk. I keep saying as long as I get it in one piece, I'll be fine...
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: August 30, 2013, 01:48:30 PM »

Well, importCDs uses media mail service from USPS.  It's the cheapest service which means it's significantly slower than your normal first class service.  That's the trade off when you order from them..it's not really the USPS's fault since it was importCds that designated the service speed.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:49:39 PM by Justin » Logged
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: August 30, 2013, 01:57:12 PM »

Well, importCDs uses media mail service from USPS.  It's the cheapest service which means it's significantly slower than your normal first class service.  That's the trade off when you order from them..it's not really the USPS's fault since it was importCds that designated the service speed.
You are correct, but he didn't blame the USPS, I did for their sorting mistake. Mine left on August 23rd and would have been here today on the 30th (which isn't bad at all because I wasn't in a huge hurry) if not for the sorting mishap that sent it 5 states northward.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx