gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 04:54:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiC up for order on Amazon, August release  (Read 441340 times)
Nicko1234
« Reply #2200 on: July 22, 2013, 09:04:41 PM »

Jeff speaks the truth. Recent attempt by Kokomaoists to deny the band's legacy as a truly adventurous and groundbreaking group are deeply embarrassing.

Sorry but for people to admit that the group recorded fun in the sun material is in no way denying the group`s legacy. It`s just an acceptance of the facts.

Take a look at the track listing for the box. There is a mixture of the fun in the sun stuff and the serious stuff which is as it should be.

Including Goin to the Beach didn`t mean that there was no room for rare Dennis stuff after all as he is probably more represented than anyone expected. So what`s the problem?
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: July 22, 2013, 09:42:51 PM »

Agreed, Its a shame this box is being promoted by a freaking KTSA outtake. GTTB sounds like Mike wrote it in five minutes.

Realistically though what would be a better choice?

If they had picked Wouldn`t it be Nice to Live Again then people could have got it and cancelled their orders. As it is supposedly one of the most desirable tracks that woudn`t have been too smart. The same might be said for You`re Still a Mystery perhaps.

Most of the other unreleased songs are not very commercial.

I can`t see the big deal...

Yes, quite right.  The best way to market the set is to give people a track that no one really wants.  Brilliant.

Perhaps vendors of grocery products should do the same when they give out free samples.  Just offer people rancid or stale food for free, to make sure that no one takes advantage.

LOL LOL LOL Youure killing me!  LOL LOL LOL

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: July 22, 2013, 09:49:38 PM »

It's funny that the positive vibes toward Mike from some around here have led us to the point where we even have to handle trash like "Goin' To The Beach" with kid gloves. In my opinion, the whole, "it's fun, just enjoy it" thing is bullshit. You know what songs are fun? "Surfin' U.S.A." and "Little Deuce Coupe". And even for later Beach Boys, "Roller Skating Child". A song doesn't need to be a pathetic attempt at recapturing past glories to be an uptempo, cool, fun Beach Boys song. Unfortunately for Mike Love it usually has to be.
Agreed, Its a shame this box is being promoted by a freaking KTSA outtake. GTTB sounds like Mike wrote it in five minutes.

Try this on for size - it has Puffer Fish  PPpppptttt!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgvvLNsO5Q8

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: July 22, 2013, 09:52:53 PM »

It's funny that the positive vibes toward Mike from some around here have led us to the point where we even have to handle trash like "Goin' To The Beach" with kid gloves. In my opinion, the whole, "it's fun, just enjoy it" thing is bullshit. You know what songs are fun? "Surfin' U.S.A." and "Little Deuce Coupe". And even for later Beach Boys, "Roller Skating Child". A song doesn't need to be a pathetic attempt at recapturing past glories to be an uptempo, cool, fun Beach Boys song. Unfortunately for Mike Love it usually has to be.

Try this on for size - it has Puffer Fish  PPpppptttt!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgvvLNsO5Q8
Clam, clam? Clam, CLAM!

A discipline daddy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2204 on: July 22, 2013, 10:03:34 PM »

Jeff speaks the truth. Recent attempt by Kokomaoists to deny the band's legacy as a truly adventurous and groundbreaking group are deeply embarrassing.
Speaking of Kokomaoists  Grin AGD is oddly silent. Wonder if he got banned again?
yes, for a month.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:04:40 PM by She's only happy when her feet are dirty... » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: July 22, 2013, 10:09:02 PM »

Speaking of Kokomaoists  Grin AGD is oddly silent. Wonder if he got banned again?
yes, for a month.
Opps.  I had nothing to do with that one. Wow, a whole month.  Atleast he'll be out of purgatory for the MIC release.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: July 22, 2013, 10:15:25 PM »

I am not a KokoMaoist, no siree.

Hell, I am not even Chinese.

OTHO I have listened to said track, Goin' To the Beach. Disposable? Yes, I guess it was.

This is the kind of song I can tolerate, after a few drinks and I am not caring that much.  Razz

Necessity knows no law
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2207 on: July 22, 2013, 10:16:38 PM »

Man...are we really just a month away? Remind me to unban Cohen lol

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: July 22, 2013, 10:22:25 PM »

edit

Oh its bedtime in the mid-west, I hope you all enjoyed the Lets Go To the Beach variant video
I mistook for the Mike one. Sayonara.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:26:42 PM by leggo of my ego » Logged

Necessity knows no law
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: July 22, 2013, 10:24:57 PM »

Oh. What was AGD banned for?

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: July 22, 2013, 10:27:29 PM »

Speaking of Kokomaoists  Grin AGD is oddly silent. Wonder if he got banned again?
yes, for a month.

Really? Didn't see much in the recent posts to warrant it ...
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: July 22, 2013, 10:29:31 PM »

Please no Billy..... Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: July 22, 2013, 10:32:17 PM »

That ain't gonna be pretty.  We'll need a new smiley for being pelted with tomatoes.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Jason
« Reply #2213 on: July 22, 2013, 10:48:24 PM »

I don't think even the most hardcore disciple of Love is that idiotic.
Juice Bronston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: July 22, 2013, 10:55:51 PM »

You underestimate me.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: July 22, 2013, 11:02:37 PM »

Have you read this board over the past couple of months?
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: July 22, 2013, 11:06:43 PM »

Yes why was Andrew banned?

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2217 on: July 22, 2013, 11:12:17 PM »

One month suspension for flaming someone who didn't deserve it. I didn't make the call as it happened while I was at work but I support it. Last comment on that matter I will make publicly.

I'm hyped as hell for the box. Saving up my pennies and saving up my dimes. Giddy up giddy up $149 ( or however much its gonna cost lol )

Jason
« Reply #2218 on: July 22, 2013, 11:14:12 PM »

Have you read this board over the past couple of months?

Minus the obvious troll accounts, yeah. My feelings on the matter haven't changed.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: July 23, 2013, 12:24:33 AM »

Yes why was Andrew banned?

Maybe this?

I didnt watch the clip but if it's 1996, it's probably Matt Jardine.

You really are some kind of special stupid, aren't you ?  Grin

An entirely proportionate response to someone misreading a 6 as a 9.

I thought I displayed admirable restraint.  Smiley

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: July 23, 2013, 03:18:15 AM »

Without going into the specifics on why AGD or anyone else (AGD is not the only one) was banned, I do want to remind you all of the recent additions to the "Rules and Guidelines - read this before posting" topic

specifically:
9) Forum moderation policy (at moderator's discretion, also includes requests for "Private Messages" with regards to bootleg trading)

First offense - Banned for 7 days (a week)
Second offense - Banned for 30 days (a month)
Third offense - Permanent ban and account deletion (forever)

In extreme cases, a first or second offense may be grounds for a permanent ban...again, at the discretion of the mod involved.

Many bans of recent times are strongly related to personal and direct harsh/insulting comments towards another member. We don't mind if you have a strong opinion on a particular issue or openly criticize someone else's opinion. After all that's where this board is known for. All is good as long as you reply with respect towards the other poster('s opinion)... even if the other the other manages to make your blood boil so to speak.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: July 23, 2013, 03:29:42 AM »

"Goin' To The Beach" is - suprisingly - quite enjoyable. Utterly redundant obviously, and very much a product of its time, but still . . I wouldn't be suprised if it pops up in a number of my playlists this summer. Smiley
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: July 23, 2013, 04:16:52 AM »

I'm so glad Mike opted for this track instead of the original version of Big Sur. Thanks, Mike!

if I ever read some sarcasm...  Grin
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: July 23, 2013, 04:22:50 AM »

I like "Goin' to the Beach."  It's short enough, under 2˝ minutes.  It's not a great song but it's definitely not bad at all, in fact it's better than some of the songs that actually made it onto Keepin' the Summer Alive.

not much to beat considering that KTSA was when everyone knew the creative candle was finally extinguished. The Beach Boys died with the KTSA album, although a few of the songs were decent the production on them made them sound far worse than they really were. Gee what a bunch of rotten sh*t that album was Angry
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: July 23, 2013, 04:24:04 AM »

I think "Soul Searchin'" would be the best choice.

fully agree! That or the TM backing track.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 112 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx