gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681508 Posts in 27639 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 09, 2024, 05:43:39 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiC up for order on Amazon, August release  (Read 445432 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #2100 on: July 20, 2013, 01:59:07 PM »

Hmm this is the exchange rate that I got on the XE site....

58.16 GBP    =    88.8365 USD

Still a darn site cheaper than $145.00  w00t! w00t!
Damm right. We are getting it stuck to us. I am not going to buy it till the price comes down.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: July 20, 2013, 02:08:17 PM »

has anybody seen 'MIC' online where I can purchase using Paypal?

I havn't got a lot of good things to say about Amazon.com

Thanks, RickB
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: July 20, 2013, 04:40:09 PM »

Thanks, RickB

You should reconsider your opinion on amazon. They have incredible customer service.

Anytime they messed up an order for me (which is very rare) they always get it sorted very quick.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #2103 on: July 20, 2013, 04:48:29 PM »

Here's a thought... I wonder if the alternate version of Brian's Back is that lovely largely instrumental version, as heard on the Rockin Rarities bootleg cd?
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: July 20, 2013, 09:45:27 PM »

Here's a thought... I wonder if the alternate version of Brian's Back is that lovely largely instrumental version, as heard on the Rockin Rarities bootleg cd?

Unfortunately for "Brian's Back" it says that it's an alternate mix and not an alternate version. Which likely means that it's just an alternate version of the version released on Endless Harmony. By the way, I've never heard that version that you're speaking of. Wish I could.
Nicko1234
« Reply #2105 on: July 21, 2013, 06:22:10 AM »

Bloody hell - it's down to £66 on Amazon UK now! See, as predicted the price has dropped considerably, so all that whining and moaning for nothing... Patience is a virtue, as always.

When it gets below £40 I will stop moaning. Smiley
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #2106 on: July 21, 2013, 11:37:37 AM »

Bloody hell - it's down to £66 on Amazon UK now! See, as predicted the price has dropped considerably, so all that whining and moaning for nothing... Patience is a virtue, as always.

Under 40 pounds would be seriously cheap for such an elaborately packaged item.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: July 21, 2013, 12:07:50 PM »

Shoot, after reading all this pricing stuff, you guys have convinced me to cancel my Amazon order and wait until the price comes down to free. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: July 21, 2013, 12:18:00 PM »

Shoot, after reading all this pricing stuff, you guys have convinced me to cancel my Amazon order and wait until the price comes down to free. Wink

Well no doubt someone will produce a torrent within a week of the CD release - but you wont get a "free" 72 page book with lots of new photographs. Might do the torrent thing as well just to grab some easy mp3s for the PMD  Grin

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: July 21, 2013, 12:24:52 PM »

Any guesses as to when the auto-rip will go up? I'm a bit eager.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2110 on: July 21, 2013, 12:28:42 PM »

Just saw a video of Mike & Bruce performing "Goin' to the beach". Not looking forward very much to that song. But am excited for the rest, especially Dennis' stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OM6_LVL_ZKk
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:34:17 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: July 21, 2013, 02:37:44 PM »

Amazon uk price now up to £82.99… they're playing games surely!

Sainsbury's at £63.99.

Anyone watching others? Know if any independent retailers with reasonable prices?

“We live in divisive times.”
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: July 21, 2013, 02:45:04 PM »

Promise?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: July 21, 2013, 09:28:18 PM »

For the life of me, I've never been able to figure out how the lyrics are supposed to fit that melody.  Grin The same goes for that early version of Angel Come Home.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: July 22, 2013, 12:14:52 AM »

I just bought: 'Made In California' by The Beach Boys
www.amazon.co.uk
Brand New Product! Ready to despatch in 2-5 business days worldwide international delivery. Established seller since 1999.

- Done - I don't mind the delay, I just hope it arrives without any dings and dangs from poor handling. 

And maybe the Price War will drive the price down even lower! I can hope anyway as at the moment my wife doesn't know
about the purchase. yuk yuk.

I'm not sure about this, but I just thought I'd inject a cautionary note here... don't you guys ordering from the UK to the States have to worry about customs duty?

I'm in the UK, so this particular case (ie. of ordering MiC in the UK to get a lower price than in the USA) doesn't apply to me, but when I've ordered CDs from Japan or the States, it has been on the understanding that UK customs officers have the legal right to open the package and apply UK import duty to incoming CDs. Some of the time, the stuff gets through and just turns up at my house in the post (ie. customs haven't bothered to interrupt the passage of the package), but sometimes it gets held until you pay the duty. In my experience, it tends to be on the larger consignments that it happens - such as the Japanese remasters I ordered last year. The duty I had to pay on that one was worth half as much again as it cost to order the CDs in the first place!

Like I say, maybe this works differently in the States, or maybe there's no import duty on CDs there. But we certainly have it here in the UK, and it can mean that the apparently low cost of *ordering* an item from an international seller doesn't equate to the final price you end up paying...!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: July 22, 2013, 12:24:26 AM »

www.amazon.co.uk
Brand New Product! Ready to despatch in 2-5 business days worldwide international delivery. Established seller since 1999.

- Done - I don't mind the delay, I just hope it arrives without any dings and dangs from poor handling. 

And maybe the Price War will drive the price down even lower! I can hope anyway as at the moment my wife doesn't know

I'm not sure about this, but I just thought I'd inject a cautionary note here... don't you guys ordering from the UK to the States have to worry about customs duty?

I'm in the UK, so this particular case (ie. of ordering MiC in the UK to get a lower price than in the USA) doesn't apply to me, but when I've ordered CDs from Japan or the States, it has been on the understanding that UK customs officers have the legal right to open the package and apply UK import duty to incoming CDs. Some of the time, the stuff gets through and just turns up at my house in the post (ie. customs haven't bothered to interrupt the passage of the package), but sometimes it gets held until you pay the duty. In my experience, it tends to be on the larger consignments that it happens - such as the Japanese remasters I ordered last year. The duty I had to pay on that one was worth half as much again as it cost to order the CDs in the first place!

Like I say, maybe this works differently in the States, or maybe there's no import duty on CDs there. But we certainly have it here in the UK, and it can mean that the apparently low cost of *ordering* an item from an international seller doesn't equate to the final price you end up paying...!

Don't forget the handling fee charged by the Royal Mail, Matt… if it comes via courier the handling fees can be pretty high.

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: July 22, 2013, 01:22:38 AM »

www.amazon.co.uk

Don't forget the handling fee charged by the Royal Mail, Matt… if it comes via courier the handling fees can be pretty high.

Royal mail handling fee is £8!

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
SonicVolcano
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: July 22, 2013, 05:34:51 AM »

Some retailers in Holland have it listed for 25 July. That's Thursday. I'll keep my eye on them and see if it's legit.
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2118 on: July 22, 2013, 06:16:15 AM »

importCDS.com

$99.69

http://www.importcds.com/music/2617315/the-beach-boys-made-in-california

Available for pre-order the 27th. Smiley

Wow. How good is that site?
Must be good. I found my band's cd on there.
Whoah!  My band's CD's are on there as well!  I've never heard of this site before.

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: July 22, 2013, 08:14:04 AM »

I seem to remember a site having TSS clips around this time... what was that again? Not amazon...

TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: July 22, 2013, 08:28:48 AM »

Thanks, RickB

ImportCDs.com takes PayPal.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: July 22, 2013, 08:29:15 AM »

I seem to remember a site having TSS clips around this time... what was that again? Not amazon...

I remember that. It was a German site, as I recall.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: July 22, 2013, 08:44:02 AM »

Amazon uk price now up to £82.99… they're playing games surely!

Sainsbury's at £63.99.

Anyone watching others? Know if any independent retailers with reasonable prices?

Getting it for just over 60 pounds was a steal.

It really feels worth it for that price

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: July 22, 2013, 08:54:50 AM »

This was the site, http://www.7digital.com/

Unfortunately, they aren't' even listing the box >.<

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: July 22, 2013, 09:57:32 AM »

So… Americans who pre-order MiC – at twice the price Brits are paying – now get an exclusive never-before-released track.

http://www.beachboysrewards.com/

Is it just me, or is this somewhat ham-fisted?

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 112 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx