gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 05:52:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiC up for order on Amazon, August release  (Read 440444 times)
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2013, 08:24:22 AM »

I guess they have to leave some stuff off, so they can put em on "MIC" part2!!!

except, we'll probably have to wait another 20 or 30 years for Capitol to release it......

lucky we have 'other' recordings in the meantime ...

RickB
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2013, 08:24:30 AM »

I'm laughing my ass off right now. We're pissing & moaning already and the tracklist list as been released how long? Wink
You're right about that, but from the looks of it a lot has been changed from the initial tracklist. The people in the know that leaked certain information wouldn't have been so excited had this been the tracklist... Cry
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2013, 08:24:57 AM »

I'm laughing my ass off right now. We're pissing & moaning already and the tracklist list as been released how long? Wink

How is it "pissing and moaning", it's a discussion on a discussion forum,

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2013, 08:25:56 AM »

sad to see no "Steve" and particularly "Carry me home" ...anyway lots of good stuff to look forward to

so what songs have never been heard before in any form on this set?

1. WIBNTLA
2. Barnyard Blues
3. Where Is She
4. I Believe In Miracles
5. Why
6. My Love Lives On

Is that right?

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2013, 08:26:10 AM »

Also laughing that they are acting like SIP never existed (Studio album=wise). For completeness sake, Lahiaina Aloha or Strange Things Happen could have been included. Though SIP live made the cut. So some representation, at least.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2013, 08:26:33 AM »

I need to talk to the person who decided it was a wise choice not to include "Still I dream of it".

TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2013, 08:28:19 AM »

You're right about that, but from the looks of it a lot has been changed from the initial tracklist. The people in the know that leaked certain information wouldn't have been so excited had this been the tracklist... Cry

Agreed!  I think that's what this is all about.  Early reports were quite enthusiastic.  Something must have happened.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:30:20 AM by TV Forces » Logged
Nicko1234
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2013, 08:28:48 AM »

I need to talk to the person who decided it was a wise choice not to include "Still I dream of it".

I need to speak to the person who decided the world was crying out for two versions of Don't Go Near the Water.  LOL
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2013, 08:29:19 AM »

No wonder Mikie is always on your case! Read the posts, READ THE POSTS! Pissing & Moaning = complaining. This is included, this isn't included. Not saying if it is right or wrong; just amusing. And yes, this forum is here for my amusement. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2013, 08:30:16 AM »

Really glad to finally get the BB's versiobns of Soul Searchin' and You're Still a Mystery in a legit release; also excited to the 95 SOS with Carl on lead.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2013, 08:31:01 AM »

All I wanted was "My Solution", dammit!

When does "Beach Boys Central" open up with mp3 downloads of things they are too embarrassed to release in a physical format?
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2013, 08:32:10 AM »

No wonder Mikie is always on your case! Read the posts, READ THE POSTS! Pissing & Moaning = complaining. This is included, this isn't included. Not saying if it is right or wrong; just amusing. And yes, this forum is here for my amusement. Wink

Well if you were under the impression that the tracklist would be released and it wouldn't  be discussed in a manner where inclusions and exclusions would be debated over well that's your issue, ok.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2013, 08:33:54 AM »

I need to speak to the person who decided the world was crying out for two versions of Don't Go Near the Water.  LOL

LOL

Mike was indeed involved in this project

AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2013, 08:34:16 AM »

The instrumental version of that being included actually makes a lot of sense -- it's the first example of the production style they'd use for the next few albums, combining acoustic folk instrumentation and analogue synths.

The inclusion of the album version is fairly obviously politics -- from Surf's Up you've got a track by Carl, one by Bruce, two by Brian and an outtake from Dennis. Can't leave Al and Mike out, so it's either that one track to represent them both, or stick both Student Demonstration Time and either Feet or Lookin' At Tomorrow on there.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2013, 08:35:19 AM »

I wonder if they decided to include the mono version of Cabin Essence from the Smile Sessions to remove the awful tape hiss on that release. Otherwise I'm pretty excited at all the new stereo mixes and rarities. Stereo versions of the Smile Sessions tracks and Do It Again should be interesting. I'm disappointed that there's still no CD or mp3 release of TSS's version of Surf's Up in stereo.
Nicko1234
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2013, 08:40:45 AM »

The inclusion of the album version is fairly obviously politics -- from Surf's Up you've got a track by Carl, one by Bruce, two by Brian and an outtake from Dennis. Can't leave Al and Mike out, so it's either that one track to represent them both, or stick both Student Demonstration Time and either Feet or Lookin' At Tomorrow on there.

It didn't seem to be a problem for the GV Box Set but maybe things have changed.

Did the band members really have examined the selections from each individual album in that way? Kind of sad if so.

If Mike's Big Sur had been included from around that era wouldn't that have appeased him? It would have been a much more sensible choice.

Al is represented by Susie Cincinatti (Huh) and It's About Time from 1970 and All This is That from 1972. Surely that should have been enough.

If they were that bothered by writing credits then I'm not sure they would have allowed 5 Dennis songs from 1970 anyway.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:46:02 AM by Nicko1234 » Logged
Paulos
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2013, 08:41:06 AM »

As I feared, it's like those "other two guys" never existed.  Thank God "Sail On, Sailor" was a single or there'd be no vocal representation from either of them.  I'm incredible happy with the track listing but extremely disappointed to know we'll never get official, decent sounding versions of "Hard Times", It's A New Day", "We Got Love", etc; or for that matter, the 4/4 version of "Big Sur".   Cry

This is probably why Carry Me Home didn't make it either, there does seem to be this recent attempt to airbrush Ricky and Blondie from Beach Boys history and I don't know why. Having said that , will the live version of Wild Honey from '72 be a Carl or Blondie le
ad? I'm thinking Carl.
Not sure that they are airbrushing them out of history. They are pictured on disc 4 (inner spread from the CATP/PS album).

I really didn't notice that at first, mainly because the artwork on the CD's looks like someone's first ever go at paint shop.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2013, 08:43:30 AM »

This project has always been intended to replace the 93 box. So one would expect a fair amount of duplication, which there is. As to previous track listing suggestions, IIRC Alan Bord had simply made a playlist of some tracks being considered and shared them with some fans. Obviously a big difference between that and a full, band approved track list.

As it stands, I also miss some of the 70s stuff. But many of the unreleased AC tracks are awfully rough. That being said, I'm mildly surprised that Life is for the Living didn't make it. Not much of a song, but at least it's fully produced. Oh Lord from the 85 album sessions might have been nice, too.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2013, 08:44:19 AM »

Agreed! I think that's what this is all about. Early reports were quite enthusiastic. Something must have happened.
Maybe wait till Mr. Doe chimes in to say sth. about it? Since it's no secret now?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2013, 08:44:49 AM »

Well if you were under the impression that the tracklist would be released and it wouldn't  be discussed in a manner where inclusions and exclusions would be debated over well that's your issue, ok.
No issue, jack! Just amused. Please, don't be an A-hole about my one comment.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2013, 08:46:34 AM »

As I feared, it's like those "other two guys" never existed.  Thank God "Sail On, Sailor" was a single or there'd be no vocal representation from either of them.  I'm incredible happy with the track listing but extremely disappointed to know we'll never get official, decent sounding versions of "Hard Times", It's A New Day", "We Got Love", etc; or for that matter, the 4/4 version of "Big Sur".   Cry

This is probably why Carry Me Home didn't make it either, there does seem to be this recent attempt to airbrush Ricky and Blondie from Beach Boys history and I don't know why. Having said that , will the live version of Wild Honey from '72 be a Carl or Blondie le
ad? I'm thinking Carl.
Not sure that they are airbrushing them out of history. They are pictured on disc 4 (inner spread from the CATP/PS album).

I really didn't notice that at first, mainly because the artwork on the CD's looks like someone's first ever go at paint shop.
The Made in California button posted ages ago was much better!!!
Paulos
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2013, 08:46:48 AM »

Also laughing that they are acting like SIP never existed (Studio album=wise). For completeness sake, Lahiaina Aloha or Strange Things Happen could have been included. Though SIP live made the cut. So some representation, at least.

I did laugh when I noticed SIP was not represented studio wise (some more history air-brushing), will the live version of SIP be the same as the one already released on that Music For Mother Earth compilation?
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2013, 08:52:33 AM »

Agreed!  I think that's what this is all about.  Early reports were quite enthusiastic.  Something must have happened.

Or maybe the people who were excited have different ideas of what's exciting? I really, really don't know what people were expecting. A third of the box is unreleased stuff. It contains the tracks that people were saying were dealbreakers -- California Feeling 74 and Wouldn't It Be Nice To Live Again. It's got Soul Searchin' and You're Still A Mystery, tracks from the box set tour, Sherry She Needs Me, Mona Kana, and a few tracks that haven't even been *rumoured* to exist before (or if they have, the rumours haven't reached me).

Personally, I'm pretty enthusiastic about that...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2013, 08:53:01 AM »

First off the packaging is just perfect..

I need to go over the track list a few more times to really get my head around it

The cover art is ugly but the discs themselves are beautiful.

Kind of disappointed that there are no C50 tracks on there except TWGMTR and "Isn't It Time" but the wise professor gave us the heads up on that weeks ago so at least he tempered the disappointment or outrage.  Those tracks are probably set aside for another time.  To me this is the ultimate Beach Boys box set.  I'm very excited for the rare and uncirculated (ahem!) material that will be making it's debut on this box set.  If you have the 2012 remasters and the circulated (ahem!) stuff that isn't on this box set you probably have most of the tracks you want already anyhow.  If you want my personal gripe, I was kind of hoping Mike Love's vocal for "Please Let Me Wonder" would be on the box.  

I'm laughing my ass off right now. We're pissing & moaning already and the tracklist list as been released how long?

Hey we are a passionate group.  What's it to ya?  Hallelujah!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:57:57 AM by JohnMill » Logged

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2013, 08:56:59 AM »

Tracklist:

The Beach Boys: Made In California

CD 1
----
1.    Home Recordings / "Surfin'" Rehearsal Highlights (2012 Edit - Mono)
2.    Surfin' (with Session Intro - Mono)
3.    Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring (Demo - Mono)
4.    Surfin' Safari (Original Mono Long Version)
5.    409 (Original Mono Long Version)
6.    Lonely Sea (Original Mono Mix)
7.    Surfin' U.S.A.
8.    Shut Down (2003 Stereo Mix)
9.    Surfer Girl
10.   Little Deuce Coupe
11.   Catch A Wave
12.   Our Car Club
13.   Surfers Rule (with Session Intro)
14.   In My Room
15.   Back Home
16.   Be True To Your School (Mono Single Version)
17.   Ballad Of Ole' Betsy
18.   Little Saint Nick (Stereo Single Version)
19.   Fun, Fun, Fun (Mono Single Version)
20.   Little Honda
21.   Don't Worry Baby (2009 Stereo Mix)
22.   Why Do Fools Fall In Love (2009 Stereo Mix)
23.   The Warmth Of The Sun
24.   I Get Around (with Session Intro - Mono)
25.   Wendy (2007 Stereo Mix)
26.   All Summer Long (2007 Stereo Mix)
27.   Girls On The Beach
28.   Don't Back Down
29.   When I Grow Up (To Be A Man) (2012 Stereo Mix)
30.   All Dressed Up For School (Mono)
31.   Please Let Me Wonder (2007 Stereo Mix)
32.   Kiss Me, Baby (2000 Stereo Mix)
33.   In The Back of My Mind (2012 Stereo Mix)
34.   Dance, Dance, Dance (2003 Stereo Mix)

CD 2
----
1.    Do You Wanna Dance (2012 Stereo Mix)
2.    Help Me, Rhonda (Mono Single Version)
3.    California Girls (2002 Stereo Mix)
4.    Amusement Parks USA (Early Version)
5.    Salt Lake City (2001 Stereo Mix)
6.    Let Him Run Wild (2007 Stereo Mix)
7.    Graduation Day (Session Excerpt and Master Take, 2012 Mix)
8.    The Little Girl I Once Knew (Mono)
9.    There's No Other (Like My Baby) (2012 "Unplugged" Mix with Party Session
      Intro)
10.   Barbara Ann (2012 Stereo Mix)
11.   Radio Spot "Wonderful KYA" (Mono)
12.   Sloop John B (1996 Stereo Mix)
13.   Wouldn't It Be Nice (2001 Stereo Mix)
14.   God Only Knows (1996 Stereo Mix)
15.   I Just Wasn't Made For These Times (1996 Stereo Mix)
16.   Caroline No (1996 Stereo Mix)
17.   Good Vibrations (Mono)
18.   Our Prayer (2012 "Smile Sessions" Stereo Mix)
19.   Heroes And Villains: Part 1 ("Smile Sessions" Mix - Mono)
20.   Heroes And Villains: Part 2 ("Smile Sessions" Mix - Mono)
21.   Vega-Tables ("Smile Sessions" Stereo Mix)
22.   Wind Chimes ("Smile Sessions" Stereo Mix)
23.   The Elements: Fire (Mrs. O'Leary's Cow) ("Smile Sessions" Mix - Mono)
24.   Cabin Essence ("Smile Sessions" Mix - Mono)
25.   Heroes And Villains (2012 Stereo Mix)
26.   Wonderful (2012 Stereo Mix)
27.   Country Air (2012 Stereo Mix)
28.   Wild Honey (2012 Stereo Mix)

CD 3
----
1.    Darlin' (2012 Stereo Mix)
2.    Let The Wind Blow (2001 Stereo Mix)
3.    Meant For You (Alternate Version)
4.    Friends
5.    Little Bird
6.    Busy Doin' Nothin'
7.    Sail Plane Song (2012 Stereo Mix)
8.    We're Together Again (2012 Stereo Mix)
9.    Radio Spot "Murray The K" (Mono)
10.   Do It Again (2012 Stereo Mix)
11.   Old Man River (Vocal Section)
12.   Be With Me
13.   I Can Hear Music
14.   Time To Get Alone
15.   I Went To Sleep
16.   Can't Wait Too Long (A Cappella)
17.   Break Away (Alternate Version)
18.   Celebrate The News
19.   Cotton Fields (The Cotton Song) (Single Version, 2001 Stereo Mix)
20.   Susie Cincinnati (2012 Mix)
21.   Good Time
22.   Slip On Through
23.   Add Some Music To Your Day
24.   This Whole World
25.   Forever
26.   It's About Time
27.   Soulful Old Man Sunshine
28.   Fallin' In Love (2009 Stereo Mix)
29.   Sound Of Free (Mono Single Version)
30.   'Til I Die
31.   Surf's Up

CD 4
----
1.    Don't Go Near The Water
2.    Disney Girls (1957)
3.    Feel Flows
4.    (Wouldn't It Be Nice To) Live Again
5.    Marcella
6.    All This Is That
7.    Sail On Sailor
8.    The Trader
9.    California Saga (On My Way To Sunny Californ-I-A)
10.   Rock And Roll Music (2012 Mix w/Extra Verse)
11.   It's OK (Alternate Mix)
12.   Had To Phone Ya
13.   Let Us Go On This Way
14.   I'll Bet He's Nice
15.   Solar System
16.   The Night Was So Young
17.   It's Over Now (Alternate Mix)
18.   Come Go With Me
19.   California Feelin'
20.   Brian's Back (Alternate Mix)
21.   Good Timin'
22.   Angel Come Home
23.   Baby Blue
24.   It's A Beautiful Day (Single Edit) (2012 Mix)
25.   Goin' To The Beach

CD 5
----
1.     Goin' On
2.     Why Don't They Let Us Fall In Love
3.     Da Doo Ron Ron
4.     Getcha Back
5.     California Dreamin'
6.     Kokomo
7.     Soul Searchin'
8.     You're Still A Mystery
9.     That's Why God Made The Radio
10.    Isn't It Time (Single Version)
 THE BEACH BOYS LIVE:
-------------------------------------------------------------
11.    Runaway (Chicago 1965 -- w/Concert Promo Intro - Mono)
12.    You're So Good To Me (Paris 1966 - Mono)
13.    The Letter (Hawaii Rehearsal 1967)
14.    Friends (Chicago 1968 - Mono)
15.    Little Bird (Chicago 1968 - Mono)
16.    All I Want To Do (London 1968)
17.    Help Me, Rhonda (New Jersey 1972)
18.    Wild Honey (New Jersey 1972)
19.    Only With You (New York 1972)
20.    It's About Time (Chicago 1973)
21.    I Can Hear Music (Maryland 1975)
22.    Vegetables (New York 1993)
23.    Wonderful (New York 1993)
24.    Sail On Sailor (Louisville 1995)
25.    Summer In Paradise (Wembley 1993)

CD 6
----
FROM THE VAULTS:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.     Radio Spot (1966 -- Mono)
2.     Slip On Through (A Cappella Mix)
3.     Don't Worry Baby (Stereo Session Outtake w/ Alternate Lead Vocal)
4.     Pom Pom Play Girl (Vocal Session Highlight)
5.     Guess I'm Dumb (Instrumental Track w/Background Vocals)
6.     Sherry She Needs Me (1965 Track w/1976 Vocal)
7.     Mona Kana (Instrumental Track)
8.     This Whole World (A Cappella)
9.     Where Is She?
10.    Had To Phone Ya (Instrumental Track)
11.    SMiLE Backing Vocals Montage (from "The Smile Sessions")
12.    Good Vibrations (Stereo Track Sections)
13.    Be With Me (Demo)
14.    I Believe In Miracles (Vocal Section)
15.    Why (Instrumental Track)
16.    Barnyard Blues
17.    Don't Go Near The Water (Instrumental Track)
18.    You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling
19.    Transcendental Meditation (Instrumental Track)
20.    Our Sweet Love (Vocals w/Strings)
21.    Back Home (1970 Version)
22.    California Feelin' (Original Demo)
23.    California Girls ("Lei'd In Hawaii" Studio Version)
24.    Help You, Rhonda ("Lei'd In Hawaii" Studio Version)
25.    Surf's Up (1967 Version) (2012 Mix)
26.    My Love Lives On
27.    Radio Spot (1964 - Mono)
28.    Wendy (BBC -- Live in the Studio 1964 - Mono)
29.    When I Grow Up (To Be A Man) (BBC -- Live in the Studio 1964 - Mono)
30.    Hushabye (BBC -- Live in the Studio 1964 - Mono)
31.    Carl Wilson: Coda (2013 Edit)

Just curious, what is the source for this?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 112 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx