gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680786 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 03:21:10 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bruce talks of the Beach Boys playing Vegas!  (Read 21368 times)
OneEar/OneEye
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2013, 11:07:40 AM »

Bruce was not Doris Day's son.  Terry Melcher was.  And Terry worked hard, learned the ropes, and earned his keep at Columbia - don't think nepotism was involved there at all.

Completely correct of course, and I don't know how I transposed  the two as I was aware it was Terry Melcher....maybe this would be a good time to meditate... Transcendental Meditation
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2013, 11:46:24 AM »

Bruce was not Doris Day's son.  Terry Melcher was.  And Terry worked hard, learned the ropes, and earned his keep at Columbia - don't think nepotism was involved there at all.

Head Spin

Who do I believe ?

If there is an argument going on here, Bruce's comment started it. I guess next the "letsallgetalong" members on the board will have to call for such news to be not posted in the first place??

Tacky comments like Bruce made are going to get opposing responses - even if he was just joking around.

Threads tend to dry up on their own in due time no matter the subject.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Nicko1234
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2013, 11:51:45 AM »

There is no competition which is why Bruce said 'noncompetition'.

Apart from that, BB Universe said it all.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2013, 12:04:08 PM »

Bruce Johnston said that quote last year, according to the article. There was no Brian, Al, & Dave band as of last year.

Bruce = Doofus

How soon Brooth forgets, Brian Wilson MADE the Beach Boys.

How this Brucey, you and Mikey go on tour and play ONLY Beach Boys songs that BW did not write.

Oh, that only leaves Kokomo and a couple others, huh.

Looks like without Brian's gifts and creativity you two are NOTHING. Tough Beans.

Threads like this are like overturning the nastiest rock out in the middle of nowhere.... So many angry and hateful kids bashing the easiest target on earth for the sheer fun of it....

You guys aren't psychics nor do you have any great insight into how bands work and can in no way sit there and say Mike or anyone else would not have made it without Brian. But what we CAN say with factual certainty is that Brian did what he did WITH his brothers, cousin, and friends and with a whole lot of other talented people..... If this is a truth that really irks and hurts you guys, you are truly in need of some soul searching.

Now, go to the corner and listen to "Melancholy Man" over and over.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 12:09:26 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Jason
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2013, 12:05:29 PM »

I just love how it's become fashionable on this board to imitate a loser like oldsurferdude with the "mYke luHv" and "brOOth" bullshit. There's nothing "cool" about it; it's the behavior of mental midgets.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2013, 12:21:37 PM »

If any of these posters have jobs, I wonder how they'd feel if they'd been hard and loyal workers at their company for many many years when suddenly the boss says "we don't need you anymore, go home and never come back" ... First thing out of their mouths would probably be something along the lines of "But I've worked hard and have earned a lot of money for this company and have contributed above and beyond" but then if the boss just shrugged and said "Yeah, but it's my company and you'd have amounted to nothing without me" ....... I wonder if they'd just go "Oh, OK, yeah. That's fair"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 02:08:39 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Jason
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2013, 12:26:07 PM »

Well, you can thank David Leaf for instilling that "Brian Wilson and the no-talent assholes" mentality in leagues of Beach Boys sheepfans.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2013, 02:52:50 PM »

When many of these threads devolve into "one camp versus the other camp" catfight - which unfortunately seems to happen more and more (escpecially, it seems because one side of the camp here can't help but continue to bash the other) - it really denigrates the the "Beach Boys" and what was/has been achieved. And it just gets plain tiresome.
IMO, they both needed each other to reach the successes that they did and their place in music fame.
Undoubtedly Brian wrote, composed and created - but what took much of that to a level higher than his contemporaries were the harmonies of the group. The group with their harmonies, without the material from Brian, would not necessarily have been anything as special as they became.
Brian, for all his "genius", is far from perfect - devoted followers of the group know these too well to reiterate here. The same can be said for Mike (Bruce too if one thinks he should be grouped here). And, so does Al to an extent and so did Carl at one time and without a doubt Dennis too. If people here can't see that or fail to recognize it then they are just too blind with their own prejudices. So, neither side, nor their respective proponents can "cast the first stone".
For "The Beach Boys" and their respective members, the sum is greater than the parts.
Let's see now, who taught them their parts? Who could sing all their parts? Who arranged everything? Who produced everything? Who wrote most of the melodies? Who was the perfectionist in the studio and lastly, who is the legend among all of them?
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2013, 02:53:38 PM »

BRIAN IS THE BEST f*** ALL OTHERS

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
OneEar/OneEye
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2013, 02:54:34 PM »

Nah, never said anything about the others not having talent, they obviously do in their own individual ways - my point was that their talent and their wallets were only given the opportunity to have such success because of Brian and Murry.  Take Brian and Murry out of the equation and you don't have nuthin'.   That's not "Brianista" talk, it's reality.  
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2013, 02:58:06 PM »

BRIAN IS THE BEST f*** ALL OTHERS

Put this man on a ballot and I will vote for him without condition.
Nicko1234
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2013, 03:00:49 PM »

Let's see now, who taught them their parts? Who could sing all their parts? Who arranged everything? Who produced everything? Who wrote most of the melodies? Who was the perfectionist in the studio and lastly, who is the legend among all of them?

Maybe you could have read his post before you replied to it old timer. Wink
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2013, 03:06:52 PM »

There is no competition which is why Bruce said 'noncompetition'.

Apart from that, BB Universe said it all.

But after a big reunion that included Brian Wilson and a new album last summer, now it’s back to business as usual in smaller venues for the official lineup, led by Mike Love and Bruce Johnston.

“The band that’s going to win the noncompetition, no offense to Brian, is whoever’s called the Beach Boys,” Johnston said last year. “I just kind of stuck with what I know. I just hung in there. Mike got the license to be the Beach Boys, and he’s kind of the front guy. I thought, ‘Well he’s my friend, I’ll just kind of hang in this world.’ ”

And, let it not be forgotten, “We built a huge, huge business out of it. Huge.”

Yeah, Cuzin Love and Disney Boy BUILT THIS CITY, no doubt  LOL

Tell me how do you WIN a noncompetition?? (a paradox in itself)

A: Be the band that CALLED THE BEACH BOYS, thats how.

This is classless, loser talk - no defense for it.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2013, 03:08:28 PM »

I just love how it's become fashionable on this board to imitate a loser like oldsurferdude with the "mYke luHv" and "brOOth" bullshit. There's nothing "cool" about it; it's the behavior of mental midgets.

You may say so, but I have respect for Moderators.  Grin

Necessity knows no law
Nicko1234
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2013, 03:08:52 PM »

But after a big reunion that included Brian Wilson and a new album last summer, now it’s back to business as usual in smaller venues for the official lineup, led by Mike Love and Bruce Johnston.

“The band that’s going to win the noncompetition, no offense to Brian, is whoever’s called the Beach Boys,” Johnston said last year. “I just kind of stuck with what I know. I just hung in there. Mike got the license to be the Beach Boys, and he’s kind of the front guy. I thought, ‘Well he’s my friend, I’ll just kind of hang in this world.’ ”

Sorry but your illiteracy makes your posts impossible to respond to. Are we to assume you went to art school?
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2013, 03:22:56 PM »

If any of these posters have jobs, I wonder how they'd feel if they'd been hard and loyal workers at their company for many many years when suddenly the boss says "we don't need you anymore, go home and never come back" ... First thing out of their mouths would probably be something along the lines of "But I've worked hard and have earned a lot of money for this company and have contributed above and beyond" but then if the boss just shrugged and said "Yeah, but it's my company and you'd have amounted to nothing without me" ....... I wonder if they'd just go "Oh, OK, yeah. That's fair"

Can you post and leave off the groundless personal attacks, Pinder?

My financial situation is sound I assure you and it is really non-ya bizness even if that were relevant to the thread.

And whether or not Cuzin Love or Disney Guy would have made equal or greater successes of their life's without Mr. Wilsons "contributions"
will we never know, will we??

If you really want to debate you need to dispute the fact that is exactly what Team Love / Brucey did and is DOING. 
Yours is the lame argument of "what if" and laughable whereas I stated merely facts.

My advice to Cuzin Bruce is if you gotta leech off someone - at least keep a civil tongue in your fool head concerning that person.

I think down inside they are both jealous of Brian, but thats purely my own opinion.

Necessity knows no law
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2013, 03:24:57 PM »

Sorry but your illiteracy makes your posts impossible to respond to. Are we to assume you went to art school?

Another personal attack - eh?

Sorry if I just dont have the time Nicko to write several drafts and edit to your liking. If you really are having trouble understanding
the post PM me. (but I know you arent)

Necessity knows no law
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2013, 03:26:35 PM »

Sorry if I just dont have the time Nicko to write several drafts and edit to your liking. If you really are having trouble understanding

Come on, guys
Let's be friends
Let's be friends
Let's be friends

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Nicko1234
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2013, 03:32:17 PM »

Calm down laddie. Nothing personal at all as you are intentionally writing in an illiterate fashion as one of the mods has already hinted at. Your choice.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2013, 03:36:49 PM »

Well, you can thank David Leaf for instilling that "Brian Wilson and the no-talent assholes" mentality in leagues of Beach Boys sheepfans.

I never read his work, sorry.

Can you please ask these posters the cut out the personal attacks. Isn't that against the TOS here?

Pinder thinks I am a "kid" --  Nicko isnt very nice either with his comments that equate to (your stupid).

Is the best you guys can do? Ive found that's how people who are not coming across with convincing
arguments are - always falling back on name calling is sign your stance is floundering.  LOL

Necessity knows no law
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2013, 03:39:56 PM »

This personal attack stuff is really making this place look bad.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jason
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2013, 03:42:31 PM »

I don't know what here constitutes a personal attack. But the "mYke luHv" and "br00th" sh*t is rather childish. Granted, oldsurferdude is set in his ways and doesn't know any better but it doesn't mean others should aspire to imitate his childishness. I mean hey, do it all you want but don't be surprised when people don't take your input seriously.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:44:10 PM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
Nicko1234
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2013, 03:51:46 PM »

I don't know what here constitutes a personal attack. But the "mYke luHv" and "br00th" sh*t is rather childish. Granted, oldsurferdude is set in his ways and doesn't know any better but it doesn't mean others should aspire to imitate his childishness. I mean hey, do it all you want but don't be surprised when people don't take your input seriously.

This.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2013, 04:01:08 PM »

Agreed, taking a few days off just made me realise how much of the board is consumed with chatting brutal sh*t about either a) Mike & Bruce* or b) each other and it just doesn't seem all that fun or positive. And if I'm going to waste my 20's on the internet, I'd rather it was with a civil atmosphere, you sons of bitches.

*and I mean, hey, I may hate on them, but I don't HATE them.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2013, 04:06:23 PM »

I swear, this gets posted by someone every day and rightfully so.

STOP THE VIOLENCE.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx