gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:25:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bruce talks of the Beach Boys playing Vegas!  (Read 21200 times)
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2013, 04:06:45 PM »

This personal attack stuff is really making this place look bad.

Indeed

I remember back in the good ol' days when there was no personal attack by anyone against anyone...
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2013, 04:07:41 PM »

quoth Marvin Gaye, SAAAAAAAAAAVE THE BABIES

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
oldsurferdude
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2013, 04:09:22 PM »

I just love how it's become fashionable on this board to imitate a loser like oldsurferdude with the "mYke luHv" and "brOOth" bullshit. There's nothing "cool" about it; it's the behavior of mental midgets.
That's the best compliment I could get. Wink
oldsurferdude
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2013, 04:11:22 PM »

I don't know what here constitutes a personal attack. But the "mYke luHv" and "br00th" sh*t is rather childish. Granted, oldsurferdude is set in his ways and doesn't know any better but it doesn't mean others should aspire to imitate his childishness. I mean hey, do it all you want but don't be surprised when people don't take your input seriously.
Flattery will get you nowhere. LOL
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2013, 04:24:29 PM »

I don't know what here constitutes a personal attack. But the "mYke luHv" and "br00th" sh*t is rather childish. Granted, oldsurferdude is set in his ways and doesn't know any better but it doesn't mean others should aspire to imitate his childishness. I mean hey, do it all you want but don't be surprised when people don't take your input seriously.

Maybe "You guys are full of shiite"? (oh, my mistake thats a Muslim sect.)

I dont have anything against anyone on the board, I get a chuckle out of OSD posts... a guilty pleasure maybe in the eyes of some?
People arent perfect and those who demand anything even approaching that maybe shouldnt bother with internet forums.

I try to get along with everyone as much as possible and if some of you want to defend the comments Bruce made that's cool.
If my comments were harsh on Bruce and Mike let them come and defend themselves. I may be slightly illiterate but I can read the record
labels and I figgered out who wrote the songs that ML & BJ like to play the best. BJ should respect that person, whos music has
made possible the reality they are living today (and have in the past)
 thats all -- no more to say about it. Im moving on.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:25:36 PM by leggo of my ego » Logged

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2013, 04:30:34 PM »

Im moving on

which doesn't mean I am leaving the forum or never gonna give Cuzin Love and Disney Dude the ribbing they deserve anymore.

Oops I just dood it again.   Wink 2

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
Jason
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2013, 04:52:50 PM »

"You guys are full of shiite" is not a personal attack unless the truth hurts.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2013, 05:08:54 PM »

The Real Beach Boy, Ladies & Gentlemen....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2013, 05:18:25 PM »

This personal attack stuff is really making this place look bad.

I swear, this gets posted by someone every day and rightfully so.

STOP THE VIOLENCE.

IF IT DOESNT STOP IM GONNA CALL THE COPS!!

Necessity knows no law
Jason
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2013, 05:22:05 PM »

Where's my sax? Need to play my two-note honking solo!
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2013, 05:23:43 PM »

If any of these posters have jobs, I wonder how they'd feel if they'd been hard and loyal workers at their company for many many years when suddenly the boss says "we don't need you anymore, go home and never come back" ... First thing out of their mouths would probably be something along the lines of "But I've worked hard and have earned a lot of money for this company and have contributed above and beyond" but then if the boss just shrugged and said "Yeah, but it's my company and you'd have amounted to nothing without me" ....... I wonder if they'd just go "Oh, OK, yeah. That's fair"

Can you post and leave off the groundless personal attacks, Pinder?

My financial situation is sound I assure you and it is really non-ya bizness even if that were relevant to the thread.

And whether or not Cuzin Love or Disney Guy would have made equal or greater successes of their life's without Mr. Wilsons "contributions"
will we never know, will we??

If you really want to debate you need to dispute the fact that is exactly what Team Love / Brucey did and is DOING.  
Yours is the lame argument of "what if" and laughable whereas I stated merely facts.

My advice to Cuzin Bruce is if you gotta leech off someone - at least keep a civil tongue in your fool head concerning that person.

I think down inside they are both jealous of Brian, but thats purely my own opinion.

Hilarious how my responses to you guy's big back slapping "Myke and Brooth would have been nothing without Brian" what-if gets accused of being just another what-if.... But it's true: it's all a big what if. I was just pointing out that Brian made it big WITH Mike, Bruce, Carl, Al, David and Dennis.... That's the fact, not your smug self assurances.

I bust Mike and Bruce's balls all the time but I don't sit there and pretend to know something I have no clue about nor do I denigrate either guy's contributions. As I've plead in vain many times: please please please just try and imagine and accept, no matter how much it hurts your Brian worship, that some of us actually really like and appreciate Mike and Bruce and think they are great in and of themselves.

and OSD: you try grabbing 4 or 5 random guys (maybe a few playing bingo at your rest home rec room) and try teaching them vocal parts as complex as The Beach Boys and see how well they do. Then get them signed to a record deal and put them out on tour to adoring fans who will give them a career for the next 50 years. Any talentless shmuck and do it, right? As long as Brian Wilson tells them what to do. It's that simple?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:31:19 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2013, 05:24:10 PM »

If a saxophone is not forthcoming, tell the audience that they are too chickenshit to get on the stage with you *mic drop*

Jason
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2013, 05:30:06 PM »

If a saxophone is not forthcoming, tell the audience that they are too chickenshit to get on the stage with you *mic drop*

Dude, I'll go Trent Reznor on them and destroy half of the stage!  LOL
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2013, 05:32:17 PM »

If any of these posters have jobs, I wonder how they'd feel if they'd been hard and loyal workers at their company for many many years when suddenly the boss says "we don't need you anymore, go home and never come back" ... First thing out of their mouths would probably be something along the lines of "But I've worked hard and have earned a lot of money for this company and have contributed above and beyond" but then if the boss just shrugged and said "Yeah, but it's my company and you'd have amounted to nothing without me" ....... I wonder if they'd just go "Oh, OK, yeah. That's fair"

Can you post and leave off the groundless personal attacks, Pinder?

My financial situation is sound I assure you and it is really non-ya bizness even if that were relevant to the thread.

And whether or not Cuzin Love or Disney Guy would have made equal or greater successes of their life's without Mr. Wilsons "contributions"
will we never know, will we??

If you really want to debate you need to dispute the fact that is exactly what Team Love / Brucey did and is DOING.  
Yours is the lame argument of "what if" and laughable whereas I stated merely facts.

My advice to Cuzin Bruce is if you gotta leech off someone - at least keep a civil tongue in your fool head concerning that person.

I think down inside they are both jealous of Brian, but thats purely my own opinion.

Hilarious how my responses to you guy's big back slapping "Myke and Brooth would have been nothing without Brian" what-if gets accused of being just another what-if.... But it's true: it's all a big what if. I was just pointing out that Brian made it big WITH Mike, Bruce, Carl, Al, David and Dennis.... That's the fact, not your smug self assurances.

OTM. No matter how much you may disagree with Mike Love and co in the present day (and by gum is there enough ammunition), you can't turn around and say Mike Love is worthless. Or indeed, anyone else in the group.

And yo, Brian Wilson is the biggest genius in the entire field of pop, but what he wanted as a kid was to start a fucking band. He started one with Mike Love. We have to deal with that fateful decision.

Your saying Brian would have made it without Mike Love says more about you than it says about the actual reality of this particular situation.

Jason
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2013, 05:38:23 PM »

It's called fanboy idealism.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2013, 05:41:40 PM »

If Brian was born ten years later, he'd have been a singer/songwriter type and wouldn't have collaborated with the dudes he was hanging out with and his family to form a band. The whole 'band' structure wouldn't have been necessary. Just play your songs to a dude and he'll hit you up with session men.

But then we get into some Doc Brown time paradox sh*t, as in my understanding, the advances of The Beach Boys (and Brian's production) did a lot to dispel the 'self contained band' notion by the late 60's.

God, imagine Brian as an earnest 70's dude. He'd never have made it. Not going anywhere with this really, just playing this whole 'what if Mike Love kept pumping gas' sh*t to it's logical conclusion.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2013, 05:47:40 PM »

It's called fanboy idealism.

I do wish people here kept it to 'well, Mike Love does act like a sh*t, but he did write lyrics  to my favourite songs ever'  rather than 'I wouldn't piss on Mike Love if he was on fire'.

Jason
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2013, 06:53:24 PM »

I think if Michael kept pumping gas, Brian never would have started the band.
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2013, 06:54:34 PM »

AGD's silence is deafening.
 It seems perfectly logical that all this bad juju is coming now at the the start of the new Summer concert season when last year at this time we were all estatic with the goings on. Things change and last year is over and done with, for better or worse.  
SenorPotatoHead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2013, 07:04:05 PM »

I do wish people here kept it to 'well, Mike Love does act like a sh*t, but he did write lyrics  to my favourite songs ever'  rather than 'I wouldn't piss on Mike Love if he was on fire'.

I would piss on Mike if he were on fire.  
I'd piss on you too, and I hope you would piss on me ( fire baaad!! )   Drinking Buddies
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 07:05:45 PM by SenorPotatoHead » Logged
Jason
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2013, 07:10:07 PM »

I'd even piss on oldsurferdude whilst doing my Michael impression....

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN...
oldsurferdude
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2013, 07:37:04 PM »

I'd even piss on oldsurferdude whilst doing my Michael impression....

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN...
Hope the e letter on your key pad dries up.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 07:37:55 PM by oldsurferdude » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2013, 07:37:53 PM »

Who am I pissing on?

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2013, 08:25:31 PM »

I do wish people here kept it to 'well, Mike Love does act like a sh*t, but he did write lyrics  to my favourite songs ever'  rather than 'I wouldn't piss on Mike Love if he was on fire'.

I would piss on Mike if he were on fire.   
I'd piss on you too, and I hope you would piss on me ( fire baaad!! )   Drinking Buddies

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2013, 08:40:54 PM »

Everyone grab their yellow hankies and let's settle this  Evil

http://youtu.be/_ok_SM-aSb4
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx