gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680880 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 07:57:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More studio news  (Read 94319 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 20, 2013, 06:01:59 AM »

Yeah it's getting pretty tired now. Let's start talking about how Much Bruce sucks.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 20, 2013, 06:10:06 AM »

let cabinesencedude start bruce hate  Grin

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 20, 2013, 06:12:54 AM »

OMG you said something that wasn't just a smiley.

It really is 420  Smokin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 20, 2013, 07:08:19 AM »

Looking back now, TWGMTR was a weird production. Not many bands would make an album where one member (Brian) works on all of the songs with a hired hand (Jeff) and then replaces his vocals using the band members later.

Well, there was this little thing called Pet Sounds...

Cheers,
Jon Blum
oldsurferdude
« Reply #229 on: April 20, 2013, 07:14:11 AM »

Yeah, Brian doesn't get his butt kissed enough. It's always been a big problem.
But it's no big problem for you to keep kissin mYke's behind every chance you get, right Cam? Huh? Huh? Got your tix for every M&B show this summer? Don't worry, you're in mYke's will. Razz

I believe the term for this kind of consistent behavior is "pathological". Iffn I didn't know better, I'd wager the poster was somewhere between 12 and 15 - as indeed they are, in terms of emotional and intellectual development. Very sad.
Shut Up he said.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 20, 2013, 08:07:53 AM »

Brian wanted to do old songs [Four Freshman?]. Mike wanted them to get in a room together and write new songs.

but what actually happened was we DID get an album of original material, some of it written very recently. Mike WAS given the opportunity to collaborate with Brian and he turned in Beaches in Mind and Spring Vacation. as for Mike not being able to get Brian alone in a room... maybe there's a reason for that. I don't know too many people who would want to be closed up in a room with the Lovester. do you?

Regardless of our opinions, Brian wanted to do old stuff and Mike wanted to write new stuff. We will have to deal with it.

You're assuming a single comment from Mike in an interview is the correct story, number one. For all we know, Brian may have been trying to reel him in. We do know from Joe Thomas's interviews on the subject that Brian's long-term aim was creating a Beach Boys album of all-original material, with Summer's Gone as the last track.

Regardless, I don't know why the actual outcome -- all-new material -- is irrelevant to discussion. Brian says many different things. What he ends up doing is what we can actually listen to and judge. And in this case, he released an album of previously unheard material. (Except for Mike's song, which was more than a decade several decades old.)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 02:14:22 PM by Wirestone » Logged
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 20, 2013, 08:54:44 AM »

I assuming only what the interview said which is what the previous statement was about: the comments in a single interview.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 20, 2013, 09:35:39 AM »

I guess Mike's beef is that with a little more forward planning they could have taken the time to make a new Beach Boys album from the ground up with some real collaborating. Instead we had public statments from Brian up until the 11th hour that he had zero interest in working with The Beach Boys again, followed by a sudden 1800 turnaround.

Don't confuse Brian's public statements with what he and Mike were talking about behind the scenes.  All that time Brian was saying he wasn't interested -- he was lying to hide their plans.  Remember when he said that he was glad they'd finally announced it cause it was getting harder and harder to make stuff up?

Cheers,
Jon Blum
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 20, 2013, 09:40:12 AM »

Just wanna say?  1) If we get a new album from Brian at this point, it's a bonus.  2) If it's got Al (and possibly Dave) on it, it's even more of a bonus.  3) If the boys bury the hatchet and put out another Radio-standard album, that's even bigger -- but not being 3) is not a reason to hate on 2) or 1)...

Cheers,
Jon Blum
Nicko1234
« Reply #234 on: April 20, 2013, 10:20:43 AM »

Looking back now, TWGMTR was a weird production. Not many bands would make an album where one member (Brian) works on all of the songs with a hired hand (Jeff) and then replaces his vocals using the band members later.

Well, there was this little thing called Pet Sounds...

By the same band if I recall correctly...
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 20, 2013, 10:30:47 AM »

Every thread no matter what the subject seems to turn into a "Mike Love sucks" thread these days, as sure as day follows night.

Well, nothing happens in a vacuum ya know. Read the AZ Central short interview - funny how Michael was so sensitive about the emphasis on the C50 lineup, as in - 'you seem really hung up on that record'. And at Sea World, the pretty young thing interviewing Bruce was corrected by him - 'we ARE the Beach Boys!' Guys seem pretty sensitive about that, ya notice? They know.

It's just a pile of merda. Cam and Andrew, feel free to apply lipstick to a pig...it is what it is.

Keep on keepin' on OSD. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's an Oregon Duck.

Bring on the Brian solo record. And if Mike sings on it, give him his lyric, record his part, and then show him the way right outside the damn studio. And that goes double for Bruce.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 20, 2013, 10:36:50 AM »

Just wanna say?  1) If we get a new album from Brian at this point, it's a bonus.  2) If it's got Al (and possibly Dave) on it, it's even more of a bonus.  3) If the boys bury the hatchet and put out another Radio-standard album, that's even bigger -- but not being 3) is not a reason to hate on 2) or 1)...

Cheers,
Jon Blum

Logical, flawlessly logical, J Blum, and the Professor tells me that he agrees. Hope and dreams should never lead to hate, though can can lead to degrees of disappointment. Frankly I can't imagine Al sitting there without telling Brian, "let's call Mike and see what we can work out"; of course they are thinking about this and acting on it it some way. They know the significance of being together and of putting that BB name on an album. No guarantee that they can or will, but Mike will not say no if asked to write, sing, and be there with his brothers, as long as there is a meaningful role for him as he sees it.

And once again, say what you will of SV, BIM, and IIT? , and DBOTO--the Mike songs on Radio--but I never tire of them, except the old Jeff bridge--, and they make a powerful soundtrack for cruising the scene and beach in LA. Don't knock it until you have heard these songs on PCH with the wind in your hair and the lonely sea below.

More BB is still my focus and my one desire. The other options?  Of course I will cherish them but as something different.
Nicko1234
« Reply #237 on: April 20, 2013, 10:38:58 AM »

Kind of sad that people spend more time writing posts about hating Mike than they do about Brian's new project.

Mike can undoubtedly be a dick at times but why people waste their time worrying about that is beyond me. I'm guessing he doesn't spend his time worrying about what a few people on here are typing and would rather be out singing, screwing and making money which is a more sensible option when you think about it.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 20, 2013, 10:40:56 AM »

Every thread no matter what the subject seems to turn into a "Mike Love sucks" thread these days, as sure as day follows night.

Well, nothing happens in a vacuum ya know. Read the AZ Central short interview - funny how Michael was so sensitive about the emphasis on the C50 lineup, as in - 'you seem really hung up on that record'. And at Sea World, the pretty young thing interviewing Bruce was corrected by him - 'we ARE the Beach Boys!' Guys seem pretty sensitive about that, ya notice? They know.

It's just a pile of merda. Cam and Andrew, feel free to apply lipstick to a pig...it is what it is.

Keep on keepin' on OSD. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's an Oregon Duck.

Bring on the Brian solo record. And if Mike sings on it, give him his lyric, record his part, and then show him the way right outside the damn studio. And that goes double for Bruce.

Deal, you keep concocting the pig and Andrew and I will put the lipstick to it.

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 20, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »

Doo Dah, you are the man!  Busted me up this morning.  LOL

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 20, 2013, 10:49:45 AM »

Could the last six pages or so of posts be moved to a separate "lol mike love sucks" thread?  I'd hate for, you know, actual "studio news" to slip through the cracks and confuse everyone.

It does because it's a hoot.  After all, Jon Stebbins The Beach Boys FAQ even has a chapter entitled “The Fun Of Hating Mike Love.”

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Jason
« Reply #241 on: April 20, 2013, 11:12:47 AM »

I'm sure that the Lovester is just overcome with grief at the nonsensical ramblings of a bunch of Brianistas on the internet. Keep on keepin' on. Tongue
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 20, 2013, 11:27:08 AM »

Nonsensical  LOL @@#$%HFHDLSDFHJL!!!!!

Maybe Cam can save you a seat on his coast to coast pilgrimage to this summer's Mike and Bruce tour. As for me, I'm gonna dig on B-A-D in Pittsburgh in July. Cause I have taste.  Cool Guy

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 11:35:45 AM by Doo Dah » Logged

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 20, 2013, 11:32:00 AM »

I'm sure that the Lovester is just overcome with grief at the nonsensical ramblings of a bunch of Brianistas on the internet. Keep on keepin' on. Tongue
That's Dennisista to you.

Seriously,  despite all efforts to  rewrite history, the Beach Boys were the sum of it's whole. They were not a band which was all about it's genius lead singer/front man.

Jason
« Reply #244 on: April 20, 2013, 11:38:44 AM »

No one's saying anything about them being all about their "genius frontman", and I doubt anyone would deny that the band was and is bigger than any one man, except for Brianistas.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: April 20, 2013, 11:42:12 AM »

I know the story, it really speaks to ML's character.

Me too, but I tend to be leery of any story that has a single source, which source being biased against the subject to boot.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: April 20, 2013, 11:45:39 AM »

Could the last six pages or so of posts be moved to a separate "lol mike love sucks" thread?  I'd hate for, you know, actual "studio news" to slip through the cracks and confuse everyone.

It does because it's a hoot.  After all, Jon Stebbins The Beach Boys FAQ even has a chapter entitled “The Fun Of Hating Mike Love.”

Difference being, that was written by a pukka journalist with no ax to grind who had done some real research on the subject and presented the facts with an even hand.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 20, 2013, 11:48:14 AM »

Me too, but I tend to be leery of any story that has a single source, which source being biased against the subject to boot.
Not really, Mike has a reputation and he lived up to it when met surfrider.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: April 20, 2013, 11:51:28 AM »

Not really, Mike has a reputation and he lived up to it when met surfrider.

You were there ? You can confirm ?

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 20, 2013, 11:54:09 AM »

Nonsensical  LOL @@#$%HFHDLSDFHJL!!!!!

Maybe Cam can save you a seat on his coast to coast pilgrimage to this summer's Mike and Bruce tour. As for me, I'm gonna dig on B-A-D in Pittsburgh in July. Cause I have taste.  Cool Guy

It's really get sad when they are reduced to attempts to impeach the character of the messenger. This ain't my first Mike-bashing rodeo.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx