gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 08:13:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More studio news  (Read 94189 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 06:15:32 PM »

Damn, Jeff.  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 06:17:31 PM »

I think I'd actually prefer a Brian-with-Al-guesting album than a Beach Boys album, anyway (blasphemy!), so this is really cool. While the group dynamic is missing, you get more Brian songs and less Mike nostalgia. Not that the latter doesn't have it's place, I've just had my fill from the last album.

That's kinda the elephant in the room, isn't it? I agree totally, by the way.

I don't see an elephant in the room.

Weeeeel...instead of beating the poor elephant again, I've always believed that the nuts and bolts of another decent Brian album have certainly been there for a number of years. It's almost turnkey post TLOS and TWGMTR. When you introduce certain parties such as Mike, there needs to be a certain 'compromise' that takes place.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo true.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 06:26:04 PM »

Love the photos, smiles, wardrobe, guests, positivity....God knows we need it right now, but would anybody like to venture a guess why there is no info attached to the photos about the project Brian is working on?

What and kill the spontaneous speculation?   Grin

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 06:30:49 PM »

It's Pleasure Island, it has to be.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 06:35:58 PM »

Probably just recording station IDs and/or commercial V.O.  for some ol' FM rock stations.  Cry

Okay, I hope thats wrong.  Razz

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 06:42:50 PM »

I'd love for that to be true, Shady.

Though I think TWGMTR would be hard to top, I'd also love another Beach Boys record.  It would be great to think that there could be enough goodwill between the fellas to pull it off and if everyone was really, honestly up for the challenge, producing a collective work as good as last year's release doesn't have to be impossible.

I'm still hoping that the rest of the suite is being finished for release, whether it be on Made in California, a new Beach Boys record or a BW solo release.

It certainly is intriguing.  And fun!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2013, 06:43:36 PM »

For those who know. We had shots, what, 1-2 months ago of Brian at the mic doing vocals. Now its the musicians (plus Al and Jeff of course).

Has this been Brians method of recording his solo albums in the past?
The Dumb Angel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2013, 06:57:29 PM »

Wow! I'm getting excited. I have a feeling whatever Brian and Al are working, it's going to be great! I have high expectations.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2013, 07:08:52 PM »

At the very least there could be some new material for the shows later this year.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2013, 07:13:20 PM »

Al looks like he was havin' the time of his life until the photo of him and Jeff.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2013, 07:15:55 PM »

lol, that's true.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2013, 07:24:31 PM »

Hmmm.... Maybe it' just that Brian is producing Jeff's new solo album with special guests.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2013, 07:28:53 PM »

Looks like Al's 'directing' again.  Just like he did on stage during the C50 concerts.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2013, 09:14:36 PM »

Damn, Jeff.  Grin

Drunk karaoke time. Jeff is a disaster every time you can hear him on Radio. A "Brian and friends," even including Al, is a disaster. Distinctly articulated solo albums aside (Postcard; The Circle Continues) nothing means anything as we now look ahead --and I am tired of explaining this--except a new BB album. The world is divided into people who believe that and those who don't.
Moz from Oz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2013, 09:16:04 PM »

Myself and a couple of other guys were talking to Nelson Bragg at a pub after the Sydney show last year. Can't recall if he said Brian WAS definitely going to make an album this year or had a strong feeling he might do one and then tour the album next year. Whatever it is, it certainly looks promising.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2013, 09:28:58 PM »

Damn, Jeff.  Grin

Drunk karaoke time. Jeff is a disaster every time you can hear him on Radio. A "Brian and friends," even including Al, is a disaster. Distinctly articulated solo albums aside (Postcard; The Circle Continues) nothing means anything as we now look ahead --and I am tired of explaining this--except a new BB album. The world is divided into people who believe that and those who don't.

Why wouldn't this be a distinctively articulated solo album? If it says "Brian Wilson" on the front, it's by definition different than "The Beach Boys." And Postcard was nothing if not "Al and friends."

Given the strong evidence we've heard from people within the group, it looks as though there will be no new BB album. So if that's the case, would you really prefer to never again hear from Brian?
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 09:47:18 PM »

Damn, Jeff.  Grin

Why wouldn't this be a distinctively articulated solo album? If it says "Brian Wilson" on the front, it's by definition different than "The Beach Boys." And Postcard was nothing if not "Al and friends."

Given the strong evidence we've heard from people within the group, it looks as though there will be no new BB album. So if that's the case, would you really prefer to never again hear from Brian?

Wirestone so keenly deconstructs my message (for which vigilance thank you), so he merits my detailed response.

Al had a lot to say after never having done a solo album, and the BB world was dry. Yes, he delighted us with "friends" and all the BB were "friends" on that album, a prelude to the reunion. I cherish the album and its sincerity and humanity. Dave has done two solo albums in adulthood, so in tracing his redemptive story and wanting to hear as much of his artful guitar as possible, I love both those albums.

But the situation of BW in the studio in 2013 is a different animal: after the reunion and after Radio and after the full-wave rhetoric of unity and "harmony, boys" and all the celebratory aspects of Radio and the many majestic shows. . . . .as I say "after" all this, to have BW back in the studio working on what could have been and should have been a BB album, a joyously collaborative work of the 5 BB standing, means very little to me. I try to convince no one out of their opinions, but I am relentless in mine.  Ironman 3? OK, but I can't wait until he picks up the phone and calls in Captain America in a future film. Have I not been clear about the mythic archetype I demand?  Does no one stand with me in demanding of history what history should yield? No one makes a movie called "it would have been 7 samurai but like two of them are doing their own thing, but these are the best and most inspired of the samurai."

Wirestone, you know this, as your posts are learned and scholarly. You know this.

Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 10:03:25 PM »

One thing's for sure, Brian has looked fantastic in every picture they have released thus far.  Not an awkward one in the bunch!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 10:21:10 PM »

One thing's for sure, Brian has looked fantastic in every picture they have released thus far.  Not an awkward one in the bunch!

Which of course means only one thing.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 10:54:18 PM »

Damn, Jeff.  Grin

but Jeff is all over the last album. what makes you think he wouldn't be all over the next BBs album?

Mike had a chance to keep the reunion going. to keep playing world-class arenas, to keep making critically-acclaimed and chart-topping albums, to please the fans and his bandmates which includes the man who provided Mike with the songs he sings every night to earn his livelihood. Mike passed on that opportunity.

what does Mike really have to offer a new release? nasal singing and yet another chance to insert the words "fun fun fun" into a lyric? nostalgia, "positivity", and an Executive Producer credit? no thanks. the 50th Anniversary showed us in more ways than one that some things will never change... be it the guys' ability to sing harmony or Mike's inability to come across as anything but cheesy, creepy, and classless.

let's hear what Brian has to say without "cousin Mike's" input. Mike has kept Brian down long enough. time after time. the reunion was nice but let's recognize the genius, the voice, and the virtuosity of Brian, Al, and Dave and let's recognize the endless summer egotrip of Mike & Bruce for what they are. as someone else said: Brian is an artist, Mike is an entertainer. Mike has very little talent to speak of and Bruce has squandered his. good riddance to them both.

they can have Sea World and Stamos. we can have Brian, Al, Dave, superb musicianship as orchestrated by Brian, and more of the greatest music ever written and recorded. and a special guest or 3.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:39:58 AM by bossaroo » Logged
Puggal
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2013, 11:04:11 PM »

... Curiouser and curiouser ...

Al looks super cute in this picture
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 11:06:27 PM »

That picture of Jeff scared the life out of me!

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2013, 11:32:24 PM »

Another Foskett-bashing thread ? Really ?
Jason
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2013, 11:34:58 PM »

Be careful what Brian pictures you post on here! You never know what bulldog is waiting in the wings...Tongue
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2013, 11:47:37 PM »

Which of course means only one thing.  Grin

No Mike?
No Bruce?
No Dave?
He's had a face lift?
He's drunk?
He's seperated from Melinda?
He had a good motion that morning?
He's getting well paid?
He's getting well laid?

....we have no idea.
gfx