gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:36:24 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Made In California set for August 27th!!!!  (Read 127275 times)
TimmyC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 07, 2013, 08:57:06 AM »

Would be fascinating to hear the 2012 She Believes in Love Again (an underrated song, I believe...)

Anyway, so has anyone with any authority or knowledge said anything at all about MIC since the release date was announced a couple months ago? are we confident it's still on track for 8/27?
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 07, 2013, 01:00:11 PM »

Would be fascinating to hear the 2012 She Believes in Love Again (an underrated song, I believe...)

Anyway, so has anyone with any authority or knowledge said anything at all about MIC since the release date was announced a couple months ago? are we confident it's still on track for 8/27?

I'm starting to doubt it.  If Mike Love was in the studio just last week recording new vocal parts for the MIC box (which many of us assume) then it might indicate that there is still some work to be done regarding the actual meat and potatoes of the project.  Now perhaps everything else is set and ready to roll in regards to the box set from design, to liner notes, to having everyone signed off on everything and one of the last things left to do was for Mike Love to sweeten some of his vocals on the particular recording in question.  But to me at least it seems that if vocal work is still being done on the archival tracks themselves, there are probably still quite a number of things left to bring to completion regarding the grand scope of this box set.  

Another thing to remember is if they miss the late summer deadline, they might just opt for a late fourth quarter release to capitalize on the Christmas market.  I have my fingers crossed for 8/27 but fully expect certain folks to predict doom and gloom if it does get pushed back or even just fails to appear on 8/27.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 07:31:25 AM by JohnMill » Logged

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 07, 2013, 03:28:53 PM »

Despite my hope that we'd get the left over Radio tracks on MIC, Bruce's posts on the BBB board would indicate otherwise.

Question was regarding releasing Bruce's "lost recordings":

"Tim: I have no "Lost Recordings" but I do have a few private instrumental recordings that I'm hoping to release in Japan (there is a possible label offer). I also have a nice vocal re-do demo of "She Believes In Love Again" and Rowie has the only copy of it (I burned a disc for her a few years ago). FYI: We now have a very recent Beach Boys recording of "She Believes In Love Again" about 180 degrees opposite our 1985 released version. It was a possible track for our BB 50 studio album but it now lives in the BB/Capitol Records music vault. The track is completely mixed down to a stereo two track mix. If you wait long enough you can consider that track "lost." Bruce Johnston Montecito June 5, 2013 

Californian: The first version of "She Believes In Love Again" (1985) would have been a perfect song for Hall & Oates 'back in the day.' A few years ago I made a softer approach demo of my song and I also took out the bridge. I was thinking of sort of a Nashville direction for the song. As there was time available for me to record during the the recording of the 'That's Why God Made The Radio' album, I gave "She Believes In Love Again" another shot.It's very close to the more resent demo that I sent to Rowie. It's a sweet recording hearing our Beach Boys voices wrapped around my song but most likely it does not really work for our BB 50th album. Hmmmmmm......Perhaps someone will break into the music vaults as they usually do and create a Beach Boys bootleg version. Bruce Johnston Montecito June 6, 2013"
Good stuff, there, Oregon, but I have to say, I don't read into either of these quotes anything that says "no" to inclusion on MIC.  Maybe I'm just looking at it through rose-colored glasses?
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 07, 2013, 05:02:13 PM »

Lads, do NOT except any 2012 BB songs (any reunited group songs, leftover Radio songs, a Dave song, She believes in love again, etc) on MIC.  Please don't hope; it will not happen. Lay it to rest.

Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 07, 2013, 05:16:22 PM »

Original Soul Searchin', You're Still A Mystery, original Back Home, Thank Him, Stereo SMiLE tracks, more a cappella SMiLE trax, the Whisperin' Winds takes, stereo Wild Honey, Friends stuff, ....all these and more on my wish list.
over and over
Smiley Smile Associate

Help you in whatever you do

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: June 07, 2013, 05:55:54 PM »

Original Soul Searchin', You're Still A Mystery, original Back Home, Thank Him, Stereo SMiLE tracks, more a cappella SMiLE trax, the Whisperin' Winds takes, stereo Wild Honey, Friends stuff, ....all these and more on my wish list.

"Give me a break, I'm trying something new." - Brian Wilson
Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 07, 2013, 06:54:55 PM »

"Barnyard" - no fly-in's from the demo, and with the background vocals included (PLEASE!)  Smiley

Some of our forum members suffer from an acute form of cynicism resulting in a complete lack of patience and manners in the face of anything joyful or optimistic. Try to humor them as best you can for the time being, and one day, with your help, we will find a cure for this devastating disease. This has been a public service announcement.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 07, 2013, 07:02:01 PM »

Lads, do NOT except any 2012 BB songs (any reunited group songs, leftover Radio songs, a Dave song, She believes in love again, etc) on MIC.  Please don't hope; it will not happen. Lay it to rest.

Is that 100% certain? cause lately people are just makin' jokes saying the famous Dennis song won't be on MIC ... i don't know what to believe here anymore.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #483 on: June 07, 2013, 07:08:02 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:06:06 PM by zatch » Logged
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 08, 2013, 04:47:07 AM »

Is that 100% certain? cause lately people are just makin' jokes saying the famous Dennis song won't be on MIC ... i don't know what to believe here anymore.

the professor said in another post that he'd got that information from Alan Boyd.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 08, 2013, 06:46:50 PM »

I gotta say that if they aren't using any of the reunion material for the box set, it seems like they probably want to use it for the next studio album. Let's hope.
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 08, 2013, 07:16:52 PM »

Does anyone have track list for Made in California boxset

I had a fast Life
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 08, 2013, 07:18:59 PM »

Yeah, I have it.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 08, 2013, 08:03:47 PM »

Yeah, I have it.
  I thought I was the Only one

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
zane7570
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 08, 2013, 08:27:33 PM »

Does anyone have track list for Made in California boxset

beachboys_fr has an early copy of the press release containing the tracklist and will be happy to send you 1/10th of a page, provided you give him a cd he doesn't already own.
Just don't tell anyone.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:29:01 PM by zane7570 » Logged
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 08, 2013, 09:28:16 PM »

Yeah, I have it.
  I thought I was the Only one

Pffff...child's play. I have the  actual set already! Tongue
zachrwolfe
« Reply #491 on: June 08, 2013, 09:34:36 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:05:27 PM by zatch » Logged
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 08, 2013, 09:44:59 PM »

Very funny posts this page. Gave me a good chuckle.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 08, 2013, 11:52:46 PM »

Very funny posts this page. Gave me a good chuckle.

Quite possibly the greatest posts of all time. The GREATEST POSTS in the HISTORY OF OUR SPORT.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #494 on: June 09, 2013, 03:15:00 AM »

I'm starting to doubt it.  If Mike Love was in the studio just last week recording new vocal parts for the MIC box (which many of us assume) then it might indicate that there is still some work to be done regarding the actual meat and potatoes of the project.  Now perhaps everything else is set and ready to roll in regards to the box set from design, to liner notes, to having everyone signed off on everything and one of the last things left to do was for Mike Love to sweeten some of his vocals on the particular recording in question.  But to me at least it seems that if vocal work is still being done on the archival tracks themselves, there are probably still quite a number of things left to bring to completion regarding the grand scope of this box set.  

Another thing to remember is if they miss the late summer deadline, they might just opt for a late fourth quarter release to capitalize on the Christmas market.  I have my fingers crossed for 8/27 but fully expect certain folks to predict doom and gloom if it does get pushed back or even just fails to appear on 8/27.

Hang on... 'Vocal work still to do on the archive tracks'? Under no circumstances should they be adding new vocals on their archive material! Christ, look what Al ended up doing to Loop De Loop on Endless Harmony. No, no, no. Please just release archive material authentically, minus any new additions, thanks.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: June 09, 2013, 04:26:23 AM »

Hang on... 'Vocal work still to do on the archive tracks'? Under no circumstances should they be adding new vocals on their archive material! Christ, look what Al ended up doing to Loop De Loop on Endless Harmony. No, no, no. Please just release archive material authentically, minus any new additions, thanks.

I respectfully disagree. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a version of 'This Car Of Mine' with John Stamos as the lead vocalist, and some modern synth work to embellish the track.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 09, 2013, 04:34:48 AM »

Can we get some news on this thing. Release date is getting close, wouldn't it be nice if Capitol announced it at a decent time so it can build some hype.

I bet we still won't have heard anything by August 1st.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 09, 2013, 04:43:35 AM »

Can we get some news on this thing. Release date is getting close, wouldn't it be nice if Capitol announced it at a decent time so it can build some hype.

As a matter of fact, I find it had to believe that it will come out in September at all.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 09, 2013, 05:10:06 AM »

As a matter of fact, I find it had to believe that it will come out in September at all.

If it really is coming out on August 27th then we really should have heard something by now, it's just common sense.

I'm not denying it's existence just baffled by how it's being handled

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 09, 2013, 05:35:16 AM »

If it really is coming out on August 27th then we really should have heard something by now, it's just common sense.

I'm not denying it's existence just baffled by how it's being handled

Of course, it was August. My bad. Makes it even less believable. People often are a bit skint just after the holidays. I can't see that many pre-orders being placed, should it appear in August or September.

Well, the apparent clumsiness in handling is not untypical for the representatives of our beloved band.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx