gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:59:24 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Made In California set for August 27th!!!!  (Read 127877 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 10, 2013, 11:07:50 AM »

This idea just occurred to me: What if Capitol did decide to announce a track listing, and it turned out to be an anti-climax, sort of like the 17-disc Moody Blues box(which has several hours of unreleased concert recordings, but not ONE unreleased studio track) . We may yet find ourselves saying, "So this is why they didn't want us to know anything".

It would make for a really great thread

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 10, 2013, 11:30:11 AM »

By the way, contrast the Monkees & Wings product with the proposed Beach Boys box set. We have a tracklisting and photo of the Monkees & Wings products, but, after 18 months, NOTHING for the Beach Boys product. As for postponements, I would note, that even during the 4 years of postponement's on Universal Music "The Complete Motown Singles Vol.12A"(the tracklisting and photo were finally revealed today!), at least we were told the reason why(problems getting permission from several artists)

I know that you guys all think that I'm unreasonable, mentally ill or whatever, but I do think that when The Beach Boys box failed to appear in 2012, that some sort of statement should have been issued, to, at least assert that Capitol and/or The Beach Boys were still ATTEMPTING to complete the project, and if not, to simply tell the fans that the project is in limbo, or perhaps not to be.

As I've said before(and I'll say it again), Why the obsession with secrecy?

I can't believe I'm about to do this, but...

There's a key point that needs to be addressed, Phil. There was never a concrete, set-in-stone, 2012 street date for the MIC box. Nor, was there ever an absolute or official announcement for any BBs box set by Capitol in 2012. All that existed in 2012 were internet rumblings of a proposed box set that would *hopefully* be out that year. There may have even been a suggestion or two of it coming out by Christmas. A comment here and there from those in-the-know. But, again, that was merely internet rumblings, hopes and dreams. Thus, why on earth should Capitol issue an update statement on something that was never officially announced in the first place? You're penalizing Capitol for not commenting on *nebulous* "product"...as you like to call it!

Let me put it this way: You're a hardcore music fan. You obviously know that things get proposed, suggested and held-up all the time. Heck, even when things *have* been officially announced. You're a Hollies fan. You certainly remember that "Treasured Hits and Hidden Treasures" 2-CD set (or whatever the hell it was initially called) that got held up for two years, eventually became a 3-CD set, and finally got released as "30th Anniversary Collection." And, unlike MIC, this was something that WAS officially announced and initially, publicly commented on by the powers-that-be. Does that make EMI the label of secrecy and contempt, too, for the delay and about-face? I'll tell you this much, like you, I've done liner notes and annotations on a few occasions for a small label. Nothing fancy or utterly important, but something very real in terms of back catalog material. I saw a proposed title get mastered...artwork drawn up...test-pressings made. Only to have the whole thing canceled for an almost unbelievable reason. And it had nothing to to do with secrecy or contempt on the label's part. So, please stop acting like there's some kind of grand conspiracy, or "mission to divide fans" on Capitol's part -- every single time, and the minute something gets proposed or suggested. Short of a personal invitation to the mastering session, I'm not sure anything will ever satisfy your need to accuse when it comes to Capitol and the Beach Boys. Considering the sheer amount of BBs "product" we've had over the last two years, I'd reckon they just want to pace themselves, for god's sake, before they make a concrete and definitive announcement. Does that sound like contempt?

Yet, as others have noted, you automatically pull this routine every time. And then, never own up to being 100% wrong after it does materialize. You just start the cycle all over again. Announce that "it's never coming out". Put thoughts in people's heads. Make up nonsense about a "wall of secrecy," and how fans "have already given up hope." Okay, fine, you don't need professional help. My apologies. Then, that leaves only one other thing: You're merely a juvenile troll, trying to get a rise out of people. If you weren't, you'd stop this silly repeat cycle, and admit that you have no idea what you're talking about. Most importantly, you'd face your previous statements. The examples posted above are a good place to start. Otherwise, again, you're simply a troll trying to get a rise out of people. I'll give you this much............you've succeeded.

As far as people "shouldn't respond to Phil," or, *they're* being cruel. Sorry, but that's a two-way street. If a person is going to post baseless nonsense and spam on a forum, time-and-time again, people are going to start forming their own conclusions, and even respond when the nonsense doesn't stop. Especially if that said spammer feels the need to debase others on a regular basis or put thoughts in people's heads. Think about it? When he says something is "vaporware," he's essentially called every person who has graciously given us some morsels on any of the proposed "product" -- including MIC -- liars. Alan...Adam...Andrew. Isn't that cruel, too?

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:46:55 AM by Dave Modny » Logged
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 10, 2013, 11:31:56 AM »

The obsessed fans were the only ones keeping the flame burning
No one who isn't a big Beach Boys fan will buy a pricey Beach Boys item like a six disc box set. So I guess it makes perfect sense that only the, as you call them, "obsessed" fans care. The casual fans never cared to begin with.
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: May 10, 2013, 11:36:41 AM »

Adam Marsland said…he'd seen a provisional tracklist, which he understands to be close to the final one, and that it's a Beach Boys fan's dream.

Me too, and I agree.

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 10, 2013, 01:49:06 PM »

Alan Boyd has kindly asked the Professor to pass on to the SS board that all is going well, and he suspects you all will enjoy the selection and the rarities of the 6 albums, with various live and unreleased cuts--many of which will fulfill some announced and tormented longings that I have seen expressed in these pages.  The release date is not firm, but hold on, and I am sure that we will all enjoy all of it.

This is no secret, but he was also not sanguine about a BB album for this year (it's only the silly Professor who thought it possible) and is not so sanguine about the full-show DVD releases that we all dream of (as Andrew H has explained, the licencing is just too formidable).  But AB himself is is good health and spirits on the heals of his Grammy, and the professor takes this moment to salute and thank him for enabling so much happiness and joy. So on all matters BB, I suggest we relax and enjoy the only sure things: the live album, and the boxed set, which are real and which both will be majestic.

The ultimate point of his kind update?  Hold on, dear brother!

Amen.  And, there ya go.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 10, 2013, 02:21:30 PM »

Adam Marsland said…he'd seen a provisional tracklist, which he understands to be close to the final one, and that it's a Beach Boys fan's dream.

Me too, and I agree.

Me too

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 10, 2013, 02:22:43 PM »

Alan Boyd has kindly asked the Professor to pass on to the SS board that all is going well, and he suspects you all will enjoy the selection and the rarities of the 6 albums, with various live and unreleased cuts--many of which will fulfill some announced and tormented longings that I have seen expressed in these pages.  The release date is not firm, but hold on, and I am sure that we will all enjoy all of it.

This is no secret, but he was also not sanguine about a BB album for this year (it's only the silly Professor who thought it possible) and is not so sanguine about the full-show DVD releases that we all dream of (as Andrew H has explained, the licencing is just too formidable).  But AB himself is is good health and spirits on the heals of his Grammy, and the professor takes this moment to salute and thank him for enabling so much happiness and joy. So on all matters BB, I suggest we relax and enjoy the only sure things: the live album, and the boxed set, which are real and which both will be majestic.

Pretty much exactly what I suspected on all counts, but it's nice to have this kind of confirmation.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 10, 2013, 02:44:22 PM »

Pretty much exactly what I suspected on all counts, but it's nice to have this kind of confirmation.

Hmm so does this mean it isn't coming out on 8/27?  I wouldn't be surprised to see it get pushed back until the Christmas market.  It would make a lot of folks around here blue if it did but I'm preparing for that eventuality. 

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 10, 2013, 02:55:27 PM »

Hmm so does this mean it isn't coming out on 8/27? 

No, all he said was "the release date is not firm". That Monkees box Phil's been talking about also doesn't have a firm release date, even though they're already taking pre-orders. I just bought it, and the site says "Please note: The release date 7/30/13 is not yet finalized and subject to change. You will be notified if there is a delay in the arrival date for your product.  Cover art is not final and may change."

Clearly the record label in that case is just not able to guarantee release dates two months out, and I assume something similar is the case with Made In California. Doesn't mean they're not planning on an August release.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: May 10, 2013, 03:25:50 PM »

This idea just occurred to me: What if Capitol did decide to announce a track listing, and it turned out to be an anti-climax, sort of like the 17-disc Moody Blues box(which has several hours of unreleased concert recordings, but not ONE unreleased studio track) . We may yet find ourselves saying, "So this is why they didn't want us to know anything".

Once again, spoken as one who doesn't have the slightest clue about what he's talking about. Someone should put him out of his - and our - misery.

Here's three givens. The box will happen. There will be unreleased tracks. And Cohen will find something else to bitch about - two seconds edited from "(WIBNT)LA", probably, although as he's never heard it, how would he know ? Never stopped him before, of course: one of the minor joys  about the Smile box track listing being released was him weeping and wailing about the promo piece being omitted, and knowing that it was included, as a hidden track. That was very sweet.  Grin
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:28:58 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
PhilCohen
« Reply #285 on: May 10, 2013, 04:35:26 PM »

If you were wondering what, if anything I had hoped for in a Beach Boys box set, I would say: previously unheard 1960's & 1970's concert recordings, more "Smile" material, some "Smiley Smile"/"Wild Honey"/"Friends" vault tracks(if any have been found),some more stereo remixes, and some (officially) unreleased 1970's songs. But I should caution, that, as recording technology matured(with the introduction of 16 & 24 track recording in the 1970's, then the introduction of digital recording, drum machines & computer-programmed instrumentation in the 1980's), that true alternate takes(as opposed to alternate mixes with some different vocal or instrumental parts) became , increasingly a thing of the past. And, as a primarily vocal group(though they did sometimes play instruments in the studio), that The Beach Boys didn't add vocals until  satisfactory instrumental tracks had been achieved.

This was often true for Beach Boys recordings from the 1970's onward, but especially true for The Moody Blues, whose recordings(particularly with producer Tony Visconti) became, increasingly a result of computer programming(as opposed to hand-played instruments). True outtakes(in the 1960's sense) became more infrequent.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:37:36 PM by PhilCohen » Logged
PhilCohen
« Reply #286 on: May 10, 2013, 04:40:33 PM »

Once again, spoken as one who doesn't have the slightest clue about what he's talking about. Someone should put him out of his - and our - misery.

Here's three givens. The box will happen. There will be unreleased tracks. And Cohen will find something else to bitch about - two seconds edited from "(WIBNT)LA", probably, although as he's never heard it, how would he know ? Never stopped him before, of course: one of the minor joys  about the Smile box track listing being released was him weeping and wailing about the promo piece being omitted, and knowing that it was included, as a hidden track. That was very sweet.  Grin

You were the one who denounced me for thinking that the "Smile" promo message should be included in the "Smile" box set. That promo message(a reminder of what could have been, but was not to be...in 1967) was part of the "Smile" legend.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 10, 2013, 07:01:44 PM »

When he says something is "vaporware," he's essentially called every person who has graciously given us some morsels on any of the proposed "product" -- including MIC -- liars. Alan...Adam...Andrew. Isn't that cruel, too?

Might be, if any of us cared. 

Both the beauty and downfall of an internet forum is only interest in a subject is required to participate...not necessarily anybody knowing what they're talking about. 
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 10, 2013, 09:43:43 PM »

When he says something is "vaporware," he's essentially called every person who has graciously given us some morsels on any of the proposed "product" -- including MIC -- liars. Alan...Adam...Andrew. Isn't that cruel, too?

Might be, if any of us cared. 

Both the beauty and downfall of an internet forum is only interest in a subject is required to participate...not necessarily anybody knowing what they're talking about. 

That is true. The internet is about the biggest collection of disparate personalities brought together by a common interest -- usually cloaked in some kind of safe haven and often involving carefree anonymity -- that I can think of. I personally still think it's incredibly rude to tell someone who comes bearing credible, first-hand or primary source information, that the information they're bearing doesn't actually exist. Which is essentially what Phil is continually doing. If those same "info bearers" are able to let that roll off their back, I think that's great. That's an admirable quality in my eyes. I'm not sure I could always be that big of a man. Maybe 9 out of 10 times I could, but......I definitely believe in breaking points as well. Smiley
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 10, 2013, 09:49:07 PM »

Nor, was there ever an absolute or official announcement for any BBs box set by Capitol in 2012. All that existed in 2012 were internet rumblings of a proposed box set that would *hopefully* be out that year.

Not sure if this is true. There were a couple of official Capitol press releases with the promise of a "career-spanning boxed set." No more specifics than that, though.
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 10, 2013, 10:52:26 PM »

Nor, was there ever an absolute or official announcement for any BBs box set by Capitol in 2012. All that existed in 2012 were internet rumblings of a proposed box set that would *hopefully* be out that year.

Not sure if this is true. There were a couple of official Capitol press releases with the promise of a "career-spanning boxed set." No more specifics than that, though.

I stand corrected, as I just found that press release. As noted, still pretty vague though in terms of any specifics, or a specific presser announcing the box itself. Basically, all the goodies they have planned to commemorate the 50th in 2012, including a career-spanning box set.

The box set still withstanding, all of which came true, btw. Smiley

http://www.beachboysfanclub.com/reunionpr.html
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:04:52 PM by Dave Modny » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 10, 2013, 11:01:17 PM »

Or else he has some mild mental health issues, in which case you lot are a bunch of arseholes.

I find it quite easy to tolerate him, its not like he's being abusive or nasty. I

Its just  playground mentality the way you all go on at him. He's not doing any harm. Easy victim, eh?

I don't think anyone's been particularly cruel to Phil here, with the possible exception of Jay. Jon pointed out to him that he's been consistently wrong in all his complaints, John said that all Phil does is complain, and I made a (fairly poor) joke.

Phil's posts can get very, very irritating at times, when literally *all* he has to say on the topic of the Beach Boys is "the box set will never come out", and his posts on that subject can get very tiresome. I don't think he has any mental health problems (and if he did, as I just said on another thread, mental health problems aren't a "get out of bad behaviour free" card), and nor do I think he's trolling. I think he's a pessimist, and I have a lot of sympathy with that in the general case -- but in the specific case of the Beach Boys he's been proved wrong time and again in the last couple of years.

I don't think anyone wants to shut Phil up -- I certainly don't, he's obviously someone with a reasonable amount of musical knowledge -- but he has made his opinion about the box very, very, *very* clear at this point, and by restating it he is only adding to the noise, not to the signal.

I think if he talked about *anything* else Beach Boys related, the annoyance with him would drop right down. But when he comes along and says the same things yet again, it's only reasonable that people react with exasperation or annoyance.
Brow

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
PhilCohen
« Reply #292 on: May 11, 2013, 01:58:19 PM »

One thing is obvious about our attempts to extract this box set from a reluctant record company and/or feuding group: There is no joy in this. This is not worth our collective efforts. In the same way that Capitol Records will take the path of least resistance and release music by the label's 21st century contemporary artists, I , as a compact disc consumer, will take the path of least resistance, and buy CD box set "product" by artists and labels who are agreeable to releasing box sets with a minimum of unpleasant, stressful game-playing.

Good luck to you.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 11, 2013, 02:23:29 PM »

One thing is obvious about our attempts to extract this box set from a reluctant record company and/or feuding group: There is no joy in this. This is not worth our collective efforts. In the same way that Capitol Records will take the path of least resistance and release music by the label's 21st century contemporary artists, I , as a compact disc consumer, will take the path of least resistance, and buy CD box set "product" by artists and labels who are agreeable to releasing box sets with a minimum of unpleasant, stressful game-playing.

Good luck to you.

No-one but you is making any effort at all (and your effort seems to consist only of complaining on a message board). There's no game-playing going on. There's no 'attempts to extract this box set'. They're working on it, it'll be done when it's done. When it is, those of us who want to will buy it.

SenorPotatoHead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 11, 2013, 02:30:37 PM »

Box set extractions are painful, messy operations Phil, we can't go all hammer and tongs on it!  'Least not the hammer, the tongs we'll need, but just be sure to don your latex coveralls cos once the extraction begins the proverbial poop is gonna be gushing.  Careful now, careful....    Banana
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 11, 2013, 03:15:32 PM »

Good luck to you.

No-one but you is making any effort at all (and your effort seems to consist only of complaining on a message board). There's no game-playing going on. There's no 'attempts to extract this box set'. They're working on it, it'll be done when it's done. When it is, those of us who want to will buy it.

Ooh, it's so exciting and heroic to think of it that way though.  The valiant fan fighting against the insidious forces at the tower, sending Tom Cruise in to hover inches off the floor in the secret, sterile Beach Boys Box Set Room.  But no--Mike sees Tom Cruise on his video monitor and alerts a Capitol suit that an extraction attempt is underway.  Mike reaches for his gun as he frantically enters the code to allow access to the room, and sure enough, when the huge door swings open, Tom Cruise is gone with the boxset. 

But it's not over.  Can it ever be over, really?  There is no joy in this.  Brian and Al pursue Tom Cruise on the rooftops of the Argyle Street businesses, shooting at him and aiming to kill.  Cruise only escapes when a feud breaks out between Al and Brian over how to proceed.  We might just have the boxset now!

But no.  Just when Tom Cruise is about to drop off the discs at our headquarters, a dark figure emerges from the shadows.  Cruise was expecting Phil, but instead it's Bruce. 

"I'll be taking those," says Bruce.  "No," says Tom.

"I see this won't be easy," says Bruce, "I admire your fortitude in the face of this unpleasant, stressful game playing."

"It's barely worth it anymore," says Tom.  "This is it for me.  I'm going back to getting boxed sets from artists and labels who are agreeable."

Bruce chortles.  "You assume that you're going to live that long.  My dear friend, I'm afraid that the last artist you'll ever meet is anything but agreeable."

Bruce raises the shotgun he'd been holding at his side and nonchalantly points it in Tom's direction.

"Hand over the boxed set."

"Not gonna happen, Bruce."

With a sickening boom, Tom is brought to the ground.

"The pain you feel is associated with no longer having a knee, Tom.  Would you like to see how it feels to live without a face, or shall I just take the boxed set now?"

Tom is so wracked with pain that he is unable to speak.  He simply releases his grip on the set.

"There were are."  Says Bruce.  Tom starts to try to drag his useless body away, but Bruce interrupts.

"Tom, don't leave just yet, I want to play you something."

Bruce takes one of the discs out of the packaging and loads it into a conveniently located nearby CD player.

"This is a little tune by Dennis Wilson.  It's called 'Wouldn't it be nice (to live again.)'  I thought it would be an appropriate thing to play right now, since in these, your last moments on earth, you're probably thinking the same sentiment."

The track played.  At this point, Tom could only close his eyes and submit to the music.  And although the flute solo was a bit longer than Tom personally would have liked, he knew that that flute solo was the only thing between him and Bruce's terrible, final justice.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 11, 2013, 04:07:56 PM »

Brillant LOL LOL LOL LOL

Don't mess with Bruce.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: May 11, 2013, 06:07:23 PM »

Exactly. Besides, the handful of us who already have the info on the box will feel much better when an official announcement is made. I'm looking forward to it to the point where I'll be changing my username to 'I Told You So'.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 11, 2013, 07:09:17 PM »

Good luck to you.

Ooh, it's so exciting and heroic to think of it that way though.  The valiant fan fighting against the insidious forces at the tower, sending Tom Cruise in to hover inches off the floor in the secret, sterile Beach Boys Box Set Room.  But no--Mike sees Tom Cruise on his video monitor and alerts a Capitol suit that an extraction attempt is underway.  Mike reaches for his gun as he frantically enters the code to allow access to the room, and sure enough, when the huge door swings open, Tom Cruise is gone with the boxset.  

But it's not over.  Can it ever be over, really?  There is no joy in this.  Brian and Al pursue Tom Cruise on the rooftops of the Argyle Street businesses, shooting at him and aiming to kill.  Cruise only escapes when a feud breaks out between Al and Brian over how to proceed.  We might just have the boxset now!

But no.  Just when Tom Cruise is about to drop off the discs at our headquarters, a dark figure emerges from the shadows.  Cruise was expecting Phil, but instead it's Bruce.  

"I'll be taking those," says Bruce.  "No," says Tom.

"I see this won't be easy," says Bruce, "I admire your fortitude in the face of this unpleasant, stressful game playing."

"It's barely worth it anymore," says Tom.  "This is it for me.  I'm going back to getting boxed sets from artists and labels who are agreeable."

Bruce chortles.  "You assume that you're going to live that long.  My dear friend, I'm afraid that the last artist you'll ever meet is anything but agreeable."

Bruce raises the shotgun he'd been holding at his side and nonchalantly points it in Tom's direction.

"Hand over the boxed set."

"Not gonna happen, Bruce."

With a sickening boom, Tom is brought to the ground.

"The pain you feel is associated with no longer having a knee, Tom.  Would you like to see how it feels to live without a face, or shall I just take the boxed set now?"

Tom is so wracked with pain that he is unable to speak.  He simply releases his grip on the set.

"There were are."  Says Bruce.  Tom starts to try to drag his useless body away, but Bruce interrupts.

"Tom, don't leave just yet, I want to play you something."

Bruce takes one of the discs out of the packaging and loads it into a conveniently located nearby CD player.

"This is a little tune by Dennis Wilson.  It's called 'Wouldn't it be nice (to live again.)'  I thought it would be an appropriate thing to play right now, since in these, your last moments on earth, you're probably thinking the same sentiment."

The track played.  At this point, Tom could only close his eyes and submit to the music.  And although the flute solo was a bit longer than Tom personally would have liked, he knew that that flute solo was the only thing between him and Bruce's terrible, final justice.

That post is so riveting  I just listened to "Love Is A Woman" 4 times without realizing it.

CLICK!

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 11, 2013, 09:49:39 PM »

Exactly. Besides, the handful of us who already have the info on the box will feel much better when an official announcement is made. I'm looking forward to it to the point where I'll be changing my username to 'I Told You So'.

Wink

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx