gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680880 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 04:37:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I found the tracklist for the live album!!!  (Read 43379 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 05:22:33 AM »

Very nice! I'm glad both of the new songs are there as well (everything else would've been strange). "Barbara Ann" is a downer, but wtf, we get a new live album by The Beach Boys with many songs the - real - band has never played live. I can't wait for it.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 05:52:55 AM »

No "Cotton Fields" Is Disappointing......... Al's Leads Are Always a Highlight.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 06:46:23 AM »

My ONLY complaint is no "Don't Worry baby".  It's a HUGE song for them and my second favorite, just behind "Wouldn't It Be Nice" and Jeff's been doing it for so long, it would have been nice to have an official pro sound quality recording in the catalog.  And for the Jeff haters out there, don't you think it's inclusion would have made more sense than "Why Do Fools Fall In Love"Huh  The latter sounded GREAT last year but the former is SO much more important and the choice between the two is rather surprising/dumbfounding.

That said, I'm REALLY looking forward to this.   w00t!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 06:49:37 AM »

My ONLY complaint is no "Don't Worry baby".  It's a HUGE song for them and my second favorite, just behind "Wouldn't It Be Nice" and Jeff's been doing it for so long, it would have been nice to have an official pro sound quality recording in the catalog.  And for the Jeff haters out there, don't you think it's inclusion would have made more sense than "Why Do Fools Fall In Love"Huh  The latter sounded GREAT last year but the former is SO much more important and the choice between the two is rather surprising/dumbfounding.

That said, I'm REALLY looking forward to this.   w00t!

Nah, don't worry. 'Don't Worry Baby' (sic) will no doubt be one of a couple of bonus tracks on the Japanese Toshiba issue of the set. You just will have to fork out triple the U.S. price, but any self-respecting fan would do that gladly, no?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 06:50:32 AM »

No Dance Dance Dance - FAIL, Capitol, you lost a customer!

That one songs a deal breaker for you? Tough customer!

Yeah, but it's one of my favorite songs, and I'm already annoyed they didn't play it in Berlin and left it off from the live DVD. I mean, it was a #8 hit, and they included low charting clunkers like Marcella and Sail On, Sailor. Of course, charting is no reason to leave a good song off, but it is an original that rocks much better than the Chuck Berry cover R'n'R music, doesn't it? I wonder what they have against this one of my top 3 favorites?  Embarrassed (the others being Rhonda and Here Today.)

"Clunkers"? "Dance, Dance, Dance" is a fine tune and all, but in my book "Sail On, Sailor" and "Marcella" are far superior songs, musically and stylistically. I'm really glad both are included since both songs really rocked during the C50 (and are obviously Brian-leads).
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2013, 06:53:22 AM »

My ONLY complaint is no "Don't Worry baby".  It's a HUGE song for them and my second favorite, just behind "Wouldn't It Be Nice" and Jeff's been doing it for so long, it would have been nice to have an official pro sound quality recording in the catalog.  And for the Jeff haters out there, don't you think it's inclusion would have made more sense than "Why Do Fools Fall In Love"Huh  The latter sounded GREAT last year but the former is SO much more important and the choice between the two is rather surprising/dumbfounding.

That said, I'm REALLY looking forward to this.   w00t!
Actually, I wish that they would have left off the two tribute songs, since the vocals are old prerecorded tracks, and added Don't Worry Baby & Dance, Dance, Dance.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2013, 06:55:18 AM »

I didn't realize that at first, but yes, you're right. That plus the inclusion of "Barbara Ann" are some minus points imo. But iirc we don't have a official live version of "Why do fools..." while having one of DWB (on In Concert).

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2013, 07:00:51 AM »

"Dance, Dance, Dance" is a fine tune and all, but in my book "Sail On, Sailor" and "Marcella" are far superior songs, musically and stylistically.

Well, people are different, and I disagree in both cases. I do though acknowledge that both our opinions are opinions and not facts. I don't know if it is a good thing to admit on this board that I preferred Brian's live lead a lot over the studio Blondie? Grin I'm fine with Barbara Ann, though, that's no downer for me.

My ONLY complaint is no "Don't Worry baby".  It's a HUGE song for them and my second favorite, just behind "Wouldn't It Be Nice" and Jeff's been doing it for so long, it would have been nice to have an official pro sound quality recording in the catalog.  And for the Jeff haters out there, don't you think it's inclusion would have made more sense than "Why Do Fools Fall In Love"Huh  The latter sounded GREAT last year but the former is SO much more important

I agree. I never understood why they kept doing that cover instead of another original in the first place. Like DDD for instance.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2013, 07:01:09 AM »

Nice find!  Can't wait!!!

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2013, 07:05:51 AM »

I was hoping "Darlin'" would be on there, but you can't have everything, I guess. Thought Darian did a great job on that, and it represents one from the post Pet Sounds 60's era. Glad to see "Marcella" is included.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2013, 07:06:25 AM »

"Dance, Dance, Dance" is a fine tune and all, but in my book "Sail On, Sailor" and "Marcella" are far superior songs, musically and stylistically.

Well, people are different, and I disagree in both cases. I do though acknowledge that both our opinions are opinions and not facts. I don't know if it is a good thing to admit on this board that I preferred Brian's live lead a lot over the studio Blondie? Grin I'm fine with Barbara Ann, though, that's no downer for me.
Sure, it's a matter of opinions. What else.  Smiley I also kind of agree with what you said about last year's live vocals compared to the 'vintage' studio vocals. Both tunes have always sounded even better when played live - see the 1973 live album, for instance.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2013, 07:31:12 AM »

And I'll trade the "Pet Sounds" instrumental for something else. I know it makes Brian's musicians shine and it's OK, but just not sure it belongs on this live album. Maybe Brian's idea?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2013, 07:33:49 AM »

And I'll trade the "Pet Sounds" instrumental for something else. I know it makes Brian's musicians shine and it's OK, but just not sure it belongs on this live album. Maybe Brian's idea?

I love it to death. Pretty adventurous idea to do it this way.

AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2013, 07:59:04 AM »

It's one of David's only two spotlights (unless they use a version of Hawaii with him singing, which I doubt), it made a good opener for the second half, it's from the band's most famous album... makes perfect sense to have it on there to me.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 08:03:56 AM »

Assuming my spreadsheet is correct, the only songs we don't have soundboard recordings of (between this and other radio broadcasts from the tour) are

This Whole World
Come Go With Me
Darlin
Good Timin
It's OK
Ballad of Ole Betsy
Still Cruisin
Our Prayer
I Just Wasn't Made For These Times
Let Him Run Wild
California Dreamin
Summer's Gone

Not bad... not bad at all.  Hopefully the "missing" songs will see release elsewhere so we can "roll our own" Live CD set.

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2013, 08:39:33 AM »

No Mount Vernon and Fairway??  I am never buying anything Beach Boys related again!!!

Computer Smash!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Jason
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2013, 08:42:14 AM »

Assuming my spreadsheet is correct, the only songs we don't have soundboard recordings of (between this and other radio broadcasts from the tour) are

This Whole World
Come Go With Me
Darlin
Good Timin
It's OK
Ballad of Ole Betsy
Still Cruisin
Our Prayer
I Just Wasn't Made For These Times
Let Him Run Wild
California Dreamin
Summer's Gone

Not bad... not bad at all.  Hopefully the "missing" songs will see release elsewhere so we can "roll our own" Live CD set.

Can you say super-uber-doober-exclusive release of 30 copies to be sold specifically through Walmart with the missing titles?
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2013, 08:52:26 AM »

Missing some of the highlights of the tour I think, particularly some of the more memorable Brian leads.  Please Let Me Wonder, I Just Wasn't Made for These Times, Good Timin,' All Summer Long... I think they should make it 50 songs like the hits collection.

G.C
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2013, 09:19:19 AM »

8 "The Little Girl I Once Knew"

That's great.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2013, 09:24:35 AM »

Missing some of the highlights of the tour I think, particularly some of the more memorable Brian leads.  Please Let Me Wonder, I Just Wasn't Made for These Times, Good Timin,' All Summer Long... I think they should make it 50 songs like the hits collection.

Maybe we'll get some of those on the DVD in December -- it would certainly make sense for the DVD producers to pay attention to this CD and put in a few songs that aren't on it...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2013, 09:51:59 AM »

The Professor is completely satisfied, and yes, Pet Sounds, with my favorite BB, nails it for me. The listing is very similar to the Japan show that so many of us have, since one of our brothers provided it (I almost forged a new coinage "bro-vided, which would have been clever).

That show, btw, has Don't Worry Baby, so those of you missing that should get the Japan show and enjoy it. Cotton fields too. Th equality of that download here was excellent, and really a complete live album in itself. I assume it's still available.

fixed that http://www.mixcloud.com/sinlopez/the-beach-boys-2012-08-16-qvc-marine-field-chiba-japan/

The new live album is just as it should be--a rockin, lovin' BB show.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:55:05 AM by the professor » Logged
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2013, 10:07:07 AM »

Great song lineup, of course everyone has their favorites but this will make for a great live album if mixed in a genuine fashion with a minimum of alterations. 

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2013, 10:13:53 AM »

It's one of David's only two spotlights (unless they use a version of Hawaii with him singing, which I doubt), it made a good opener for the second half, it's from the band's most famous album... makes perfect sense to have it on there to me.

Well, we have Pet Sounds on Brian's Pet Sounds live CD. That's good enough for me. Think Dave also sings Getcha Back, dudn't he? Think I saw him sing on that in the C50.

And damn, just noticed This Whole World is missing too.  THAT was a must have in my book.  Beggars can't be choosers.  No whining!

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2013, 10:29:07 AM »

Come to think of it: I do miss 'Cabinessence', with Mike singing lead. That's the sore thumb for me.

I think.

joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2013, 10:39:46 AM »

that WAS the original tracklisitng but it has now changed..the cd is now called "50 Kokomos, 50 nights" featuring 50 different versions of kokomo and nothing else..produced by Mike Love on the cd cover. wait until you see the tracklisting for MIC..Hint-Complete Kokomo sessions and prooduced by Mike Love.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx