gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 08:42:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: M & B Tour 2013  (Read 145644 times)
Nicko1234
« Reply #525 on: September 24, 2013, 08:27:57 AM »

This footage was very different. None of this stuff was used last year....it was like they went out of their way to find pictures of Mike, Bruce, Carl, and Dennis....SO much Bruce...and SO many cheesy google image results...

As mentioned above, they did this at Brian's and Al's behest apparently.
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 25, 2013, 10:13:55 AM »

Anyone  else attend the Clay Center show?

hi don..glad you liked the show. I was going to go and meet scott but alas I messed up my back last week..L4L5 disk problems. could not walk, lay down or even sit without being in pain. had to get it popped back into place during 2 visits. better now. sucks big time turning 60 this weekend but at least i'm on the right side of the ground...  Smiley

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #527 on: September 25, 2013, 10:17:23 AM »

This footage was very different. None of this stuff was used last year....it was like they went out of their way to find pictures of Mike, Bruce, Carl, and Dennis....SO much Bruce...and SO many cheesy google image results...

As mentioned above, they did this at Brian's and Al's behest apparently.

Al was particularly adamant that they employ really lame google image search results. "Don't even think about doing a good job with this. Just pick out the fireworks that spell out 'Rock N Roll' on page one of the results of a search on rock n roll," he hissed between gulps of a nauseating carrot juice concoction.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:18:37 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 25, 2013, 10:46:40 AM »

CONFESSION: I might be going to the M&B show in my area tonight.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 25, 2013, 12:20:13 PM »

Smile Brian - no need to confess.  It is not disloyal. 

It is all great music from a common source.

Have a blast, and tell us all about it! 

Hope they do Wild Honey!   Wink
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 25, 2013, 04:12:44 PM »

Thanks, unfortunately my friends who were going to take me to show backed out. So no live BBs music for me tonight....

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 25, 2013, 04:48:52 PM »

turning 60 this weekend but at least i'm on the right side of the ground...  Smiley

I thought ground was above and below, not left or right...  Smiley

Happy 60. Unfortunately, I've put that one astern.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: September 25, 2013, 10:27:16 PM »

Hot damn ! Two posters older than me ! Excellent start to a day.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: September 25, 2013, 10:28:55 PM »

Smile Brian - no need to confess.  It is not disloyal.  

Hope they do Wild Honey!   Wink
Thanks, unfortunately my friends who were going to take me to show backed out. So no live BBs music for me tonight....

Just as well - you wouldn't have enjoyed it, because you were prepared not to. Because, y'know, it's not Briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:32:40 PM by A. Grayham Doe » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 26, 2013, 04:31:13 AM »

Just as well - you wouldn't have enjoyed it, because you were prepared not to. Because, y'know, it's not Briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...
I never said I wouldn't of enjoyed it. The music is from BW even though his wayward servant sings most of them in his oldies revue.

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 26, 2013, 04:35:21 AM »

I never said I wouldn't of enjoyed it. The music is from BW even though his wayward servant sings most of them in his oldies revue.

Seeing either one is a good time but...if you are given the choice to see Brian or Mike, why choose Mike? Both put on a great show, but Brian is Brian.

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 26, 2013, 05:20:35 AM »

Ah- come on, Smile Brian - I've heard Mike called a lot of things, many unprintable, but a "wayward servant?"
If he is a "servant" to anything, I think, he is a "servant" to "the BB music." Mike puts on a great show that does justice to the music, as they all do, including Al's and Brian's. It is really too bad you didn't get a chance to see them.  

Fun IS in; it's no sin!  LOL
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 26, 2013, 05:45:05 AM »

Ah- come on, Smile Brian - I've heard Mike called a lot of things, many unprintable, but a "wayward servant?"
If he is a "servant" to anything, I think, he is a "servant" to "the BB music." Mike puts on a great show that does justice to the music, as they all do, including Al's and Brian's. It is really too bad you didn't get a chance to see them.  

Fun IS in; it's no sin!  LOL

Mike and Bruce do a VERY groovy version of "It's OK" from time to time! Saw it in July!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 26, 2013, 06:45:08 AM »

So, it's OK for you to attend a Beach Boys oldies revue, but not alright for Mike's Beach Boys to play it? Do I have that right? The C50 shows that I saw last year pretty much played the same songs in small venues. Does the appearance of Brian magically make the "Oldies Revue" moniker disappear? I honestly do not understand that line of thinking.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 26, 2013, 07:20:08 AM »

So, it's OK for you to attend a Beach Boys oldies revue, but not alright for Mike's Beach Boys to play it? Do I have that right? The C50 shows that I saw last year pretty much played the same songs in small venues. Does the appearance of Brian magically make the "Oldies Revue" moniker disappear? I honestly do not understand that line of thinking.
None disappears.  It is a perception and not a reality. All three bands do the high-interest hits! Everyone wants to party with the BB hits!

Those who say they are intellectually above the Sexy Miss Rhonda are telling a big fat falsehood!

As the kids say in school, "Liar, liar, pants on fire!"  LOL
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #540 on: September 26, 2013, 08:17:54 AM »

A closed mind is one of the saddest things known to man.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 26, 2013, 09:42:39 AM »

AGD, I never said anything negative about the M&B show I almost went to before I was called a "brianista". Sometimes having friends who wanted to go to their first "BBs" show overrides my opinions on M&B's operation.

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 26, 2013, 10:31:36 AM »

AGD, I never said anything negative about the M&B show I almost went to before I was called a "brianista". Sometimes having friends who wanted to go to their first "BBs" show overrides my opinions on M&B's operation.

Smile Brian - I think of myself as a 2nd gen fan.  We didn't know there was a difference or have to deal with these factions. 

No one cared. But, I will share that you had to be a tough cookie to be a BB fan back in the 2nd generation fan days! And, maybe you have to be tough in a way, if you are battling a majority who don't want to see the Touring Band. And, that is pretty unfortunate. 

Next time, if there is a chance to see them, just go, and never mind anyone else.  I guarantee you'll have a great time, if you love the music.  It doesn't matter if it is Al's or Brian's band.  It comes from the same great place.  Wink
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: September 26, 2013, 12:35:56 PM »

Calling it a 'confession' that you might be going was a pretty negative thing to say. What's wrong with just posting "hey, might be going to see M&B this weekend" without any pejorative slant ? If you're that ashamed to be caught going, why bother ? I go for the music, not the personalities. Try it sometime.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 26, 2013, 12:42:22 PM »

*sigh* I was trying to be funny with the "confession" statement since I am looked at as a pro-Brian fan here. You need humor in the madness known as the "BBs"

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 26, 2013, 12:43:58 PM »

*sigh* I was trying to be funny with the "confession" statement since I am looked at as a pro-Brian fan here. You need humor in the madness known as the "BBs"

Use emoticons, we only know what you write, not always what you mean. Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #546 on: September 26, 2013, 12:47:47 PM »

Given that you're a fully paid-up Brianista (21st century version), it was logical to assume that you were merely being honest, not amusing.

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 26, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »

Anyone  else attend the Clay Center show?
hi don..glad you liked the show. I was going to go and meet scott but alas I messed up my back last week..L4L5 disk problems. could not walk, lay down or even sit without being in pain. had to get it popped back into place during 2 visits. better now. sucks big time turning 60 this weekend but at least i'm on the right side of the ground...  Smiley

Glad you're still with us (on the top side where the grass is).  You'll adapt to 60 same as 40, 50 etc.  I'll come back from the BAD/BECK show to my 61st.  Are you going to make the D.C. show?  Jan scored the Bruce autographed LP same as she scored the BW autograph in Morgantown.  You should have seen her.  She just walked up and handed it to him.  He he picked it up, took it to his organ, signed it and brought it back to her.  She has become so adept at snagging signatures that I no longer even try, just leave it to her. LOL
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 26, 2013, 01:25:51 PM »

Use emoticons, we only know what you write, not always what you mean. Smiley

If he had misspelled myk luhv and brooth we'd have known it was "humour".  Grin

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 26, 2013, 02:01:06 PM »

Thats an Oldsurferdude trademark as of 2013. LOL

I miss the old bastard.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx