gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681447 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 06, 2024, 08:35:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50th Anniversary live double CD up for pre-order on Amazon  (Read 97734 times)
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: May 22, 2013, 03:20:01 PM »

as of now, I am boycotting this release. which is a damn shame because the tour was a triumph, the show I caught was a dream come true, and i really like the cover photo too!

but WTF??!!! the Beach Boys are the greatest vocal group of all-time. the glaring and excessive use of autotune/pitch correction is just unforgivable really. it sounds FAKE.

I've been listening to the Mermaid recording and yeah, there's some flat notes. a bunch to be honest. but it's REAL. Brian and Mike sound like human beings, not like a f*cking Speak & Spell.

remember those?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM8FcN0aAvU

I have a fantastic Speak and Spell VST called BitSpeek which really does make you sound just like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg7ACJrsqM0
Ok-you use that and I'll plug in my Major Morgan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qXYs3kS3SU

this is also awesome and i want one
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #601 on: May 22, 2013, 03:44:12 PM »

as of now, I am boycotting this release. which is a damn shame because the tour was a triumph, the show I caught was a dream come true, and i really like the cover photo too!

but WTF??!!! the Beach Boys are the greatest vocal group of all-time. the glaring and excessive use of autotune/pitch correction is just unforgivable really. it sounds FAKE.

I've been listening to the Mermaid recording and yeah, there's some flat notes. a bunch to be honest. but it's REAL. Brian and Mike sound like human beings, not like a f*cking Speak & Spell.

remember those?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM8FcN0aAvU

I have a fantastic Speak and Spell VST called BitSpeek which really does make you sound just like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg7ACJrsqM0

is that you? because i love that guy.

No, I'm not Torley, but I love him too
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 22, 2013, 03:45:30 PM »

Official "I Get Around live 2012" video:

http://youtu.be/fbywM1PDORA

It includes lots of new footage, possibly a hint of what the future (?) "on tour" documentary could look like.

Edit: and the "bra incident" too!

Cool video but mostly has footage from the first few shows...note Al and Dave's positioning on stage.  They switched sides about 5 gigs into the tour.  Would be nice if I saw more Royal Albert Hall or Wembley footage in there though.  I don't think we've seen one frame of the professional footage they shot on those nights.  And we know there were cameras everywhere those nights.
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 22, 2013, 06:09:13 PM »

I think the mix, itself, is still the thing that I'm having the hardest time acclimating to. Maybe even more so than the "fixes and fakes." I'm not saying that it has to be some kind of Bob Clearmountain-like, cavernous affair, but nearly everything here sounds like it's being played in a cold, 48 x 48 room. No real concert hall ambience.

I'm going to have to listen on a less ideal hi-fi system. I don't get that. I do get the instruments sounding a bit too crisp but I also get space and ambience. To me the overall sound is very reminiscent of the 1977 Genesis live album "Seconds Out". It has the audience mixed in and out when the producer deemed appropriate, and very accurately recorded vocals and instruments...but somehow retains an ambience.

But that's my ears and my system. As previously noted, I am using a DVD-A player (which I assume also gets the best out of CDs), vintage high current amp and home made speakers.

For me, on the whole, both the NPR and Chiba shows capture the kind of ambience that I prefer with a live recording. Here, mostly everything is mixed a bit sterile and polite for my tastes. I'm not saying there's *no* concert hall ambience or effects, but I almost get the sensation that I'm listening to something that was performed politely in a studio, rather than a concert stage. I don't hate it, I just find myself reaching for those other recordings for nearly all of the songs that are common to them, and find them more exciting and involving (and, yes, those recordings were polished/tweaked in places as well). It doesn't affect every track (e.g. Disney Girls has a nice feel to it, IMHO), but more than a few (also IMHO).

That sterility also translates into some of the particulars of the mix here. Again, not every track or every moment, but more than a few things that I don't care for. As I may have noted earlier, the upfront way Jeff's falsetto is mixed on "The Little Girl I Once Knew" is downright excruciating for me...lol. For now, the clip below will be my go-to version from the tour in terms of the way I personally prefer the mix of that song -- both in terms of effects and balance.

YMMV, of course. This may be too wet and diffuse for some...but I like it. Also note that it's merely an analog grab of a low bitrate internet stream, so I'm not talking about absolute fidelity comparisons here. The CD should win that in spades. Smiley

http://www.lukpac.org/~dave/06%20-%20The%20Little%20Girl%20I%20Once%20Knew.mp3
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 01:35:52 AM by Dave Modny » Logged
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 22, 2013, 06:16:23 PM »

It includes lots of new footage, possibly a hint of what the future (?) "on tour" documentary could look like.

Cool video but mostly has footage from the first few shows...note Al and Dave's positioning on stage.  They switched sides about 5 gigs into the tour.  Would be nice if I saw more Royal Albert Hall or Wembley footage in there though.  I don't think we've seen one frame of the professional footage they shot on those nights.  And we know there were cameras everywhere those nights.

Cameras everywhere, yes. Professionally shot, I don't think so. I seem to recall that was established awhile back.
Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 22, 2013, 07:47:07 PM »

Ok. Bought the CD today (after looking at wal-mart, target and two best buys..bought the only copy at the second best buy. WTF?)....

Blasted this sucker on my car stereo and gotta say, the negative over-reactions to this album here are nothing short of ludicrous.

Yes, I agree they sound robotic at times and it's a little too sterile...and, I agree that there's more life and soul in the Chiba and Mermaid recordings, but...to say things like this album will be a PR disaster for Capital Records or that it's the low point in the Beach Boys Career, or that you're boycotting the album....all those things are ridiculous, bordering on asinine.

Is it disappointing they didn't give us a full show DVD or a CD mixed and produced more naturally?  Is it still an enjoyable listen and a decent memento from a great time in Beach Boys' history?  I say yes to both. 

Highlights for me...Probably the best Disney Girls I've heard. In fact, it will likely be the only version I listen to (studio version is boring as hell anyway).  David Marks is phenomenal on this album. I dare say this live recording is the highlight of his career as a Beach Boy. California Saga sounds wonderful.

"I'm in a band. We're called the Beach Boys." ~ Brian Wilson
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 22, 2013, 09:42:09 PM »

The video includes a whole bunch of footage from the Hollywood Bowl (saw myself in the audience), which was show number 24.

Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #607 on: May 23, 2013, 12:12:38 AM »

Ok. Bought the CD today (after looking at wal-mart, target and two best buys..bought the only copy at the second best buy. WTF?)....

Blasted this sucker on my car stereo and gotta say, the negative over-reactions to this album here are nothing short of ludicrous.

Yes, I agree they sound robotic at times and it's a little too sterile...and, I agree that there's more life and soul in the Chiba and Mermaid recordings, but...to say things like this album will be a PR disaster for Capital Records or that it's the low point in the Beach Boys Career, or that you're boycotting the album....all those things are ridiculous, bordering on asinine.

Is it disappointing they didn't give us a full show DVD or a CD mixed and produced more naturally?  Is it still an enjoyable listen and a decent memento from a great time in Beach Boys' history?  I say yes to both. 

Highlights for me...Probably the best Disney Girls I've heard. In fact, it will likely be the only version I listen to (studio version is boring as hell anyway).  David Marks is phenomenal on this album. I dare say this live recording is the highlight of his career as a Beach Boy. California Saga sounds wonderful.

Glad to see you survived all the personal attacks and condescending remarks earlier in the week. Boy, everyone really went for you, but you stuck to your guns, and you've been proved right, the album is great!!!!

It's good to see you're being the big man, and not turning on those who so viciously attacked you. Rising above it, and seeing that yes, everyone's opinion is valid. It's just a shame no one afforded you that courtesy. People like you are a credit to this board.
Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 23, 2013, 04:45:52 AM »

Glad to see you survived all the personal attacks and condescending remarks earlier in the week. Boy, everyone really went for you, but you stuck to your guns, and you've been proved right, the album is great!!!!

It's good to see you're being the big man, and not turning on those who so viciously attacked you. Rising above it, and seeing that yes, everyone's opinion is valid. It's just a shame no one afforded you that courtesy. People like you are a credit to this board.

Actually, I'm glad to admit that the condescension didn't reach the levels I expected it to. I was wrong. Mostly. There has been some, but yeah, even through your snarky, smart ass comments here, what you are saying is true...it's nice to have this board where we can express our opinions.

It's just sad that because of this board, I had very low expectations of this album. It's actually pretty good. It is my opinion that the overreaction is ludicrous, but I never said people can't have those opinions.

You really a smartass, by the way.

"I'm in a band. We're called the Beach Boys." ~ Brian Wilson
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 23, 2013, 05:03:58 AM »

I'm all for positivity, but seriously, the editing on "Heroes And Villains" is, by leaps and bounds, the worst editing on a live recording I've ever heard. No exaggerating.

What I don't understand is how this uses many of the same sources from the live DVD. "Heroes" sounds to be the same recording/uses the same tracks as what's on the DVD, but it sounds ten times worse on the CD. That edit is kinda gnarly on the DVD, but it doesn't sound nearly as horrific as the CD version. Most notably, on the DVD, the "I've been in this town" section isn't outright laughably awful as it is in the CD. Just... what the hell is that? I can't wrap my head around that. Why was this officially released and then deemed inferior to the processed shitshow on the CD? Why does the cheering in the section before sound just like me hitting the "crowd noise" button on my old keyboard? I am 999% certain Joe Thomas does not have ears, at this point.

I'm sorry, this just does a huge disservice to their legacy. People say, "Hey, appreciate that there's some kind of documentation of the tour." I sez hey, why wasn't what will likely go down as the last time the mother fucking Beach Boys were able to tour and be functional handled with a little more care than this?

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #610 on: May 23, 2013, 05:04:23 AM »

You really a smartass, by the way.

Wink
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 23, 2013, 05:07:15 AM »

I'm all for positivity, but seriously, the editing on "Heroes And Villains" is, by leaps and bounds, the worst editing on a live recording I've ever heard. No exaggerating.

What I don't understand is how this uses many of the same sources from the live DVD. "Heroes" sounds to be the same recording/uses the same tracks as what's on the DVD, but it sounds ten times worse on the CD. That edit is kinda gnarly on the DVD, but it doesn't sound nearly as horrific as the CD version. Most notably, on the DVD, the "I've been in this town" section isn't outright laughably awful as it is in the CD. Just... what the hell is that? I can't wrap my head around that. Why was this officially released and then deemed inferior to the processed shitshow on the CD? Why does the cheering in the section before sound just like me hitting the "crowd noise" button on my old keyboard? I am 999% certain Joe Thomas does not have ears, at this point.

I'm sorry, this just does a huge disservice to their legacy. People say, "Hey, appreciate that there's some kind of documentation of the tour." I sez hey, why wasn't what will likely go down as the last time the mother fucking Beach Boys were able to tour and be functional handled with a little more care than this?

Quite. The CD isn't that bad -- but "not that bad" isn't good enough when you consider the actual quality of the shows. There are videos on YouTube filmed on people's mobile phones that are a better representation of the tour.

As for H&V, what I find funny is how blatantly it's the exact same recording, for most of it, as Brian's 2004 studio version, but just with all sorts of horrible processing slapped on it.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 23, 2013, 09:46:33 AM »

It's up to #6 on amazon with a rating of 5 stars, I guess our criticisms didn't do much  LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 23, 2013, 09:53:05 AM »

It's up to #6 on amazon with a rating of 5 stars, I guess our criticisms didn't do much  LOL
Well, we're spoiled brats and aren't really happy with anything that has been released over the past 5 years. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 23, 2013, 10:26:45 AM »

Well being #6 is pretty good..who would've thought this release would've made anyone outside us notice?  Regardless of the autotune "disaster"...we do have a 2 disc set from the tour.  The CD works well in many places and in the end does the job well to bring me back to reliving those memories.  This release isn't a home run, per se,  but I'm filing this under "better than nothing." 
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: May 23, 2013, 12:20:12 PM »

Other observations:

Brian sounds really nice on All This Is That.  His "two waves and I..." part especially.  I guess Jeff is probably doubling him, but I totally hear Brian. 

Also, Brian's opening lines of California Saga sound really good too, but also sounds like late 80s Brian when he gets to "on my way to spend another sunny day."  You know, when his voice was a little bit strange, when he was still trying to sing kinda high, but shouty.

Thoughts?
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 23, 2013, 12:41:54 PM »

Other observations:

Brian sounds really nice on All This Is That.  His "two waves and I..." part especially.  I guess Jeff is probably doubling him, but I totally hear Brian. 

It's Darian doubling him on those bits. Jeff sang the higher Carl part (gorgeously), while Brian and Darian did that bit live.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 23, 2013, 12:56:06 PM »

2012 is 40 to 50 years away from the Beach Boys vocal golden era of 1962-72.  The Beach Boys Live - the 50th Anniversary Tour was released for entertainment value, with listening by a mass audience in mind.  The human brain is much more forgiving of less than stellar vocals when viewing a live performance, followed by watching a video of a live performance, and least forgiving when listening to audio alone.

Aging voices, artifacts from pitch correction, and a few edits are too obvious at times, but overall I find the CD to be a very enjoyable listen, and a nice reminder of how great it was to have Brian, Mike, Al, Bruce, and David reunited on stage last year.  And that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have straight soundboard recordings of the concerts I saw in person last year, but for a CD intending to represent the entire tour to a mass audience I think there's way too much complaining going on here.

Agree 100% with all of the above. Downloaded this the other night and have been listening to it. After you guys scrutinized the hell out of it, I was prepared for the worst, and after two listens found that it isn't as bad as some people here say it is. I'm picky too, though, and obviously agree that it coulda been better. Just leave the autotune off and let 'em sound like they normally do. Mike's voice is real thin in places, and even on a bad day, he doesn't sound like that. Same with Brian. Couple of the edits are goofy. Also, the timing of the audience being brought up in the mix was really off at times (i.e. I Get Around). The rest of the band's vocals sound pretty damn good to me. Dave's guitar sounds fantastic!

To the average Joe off the street, this is a real good entertaining CD set. To the hardcores like us, a little disconcerting, but still a good listen and I will go out and buy it this weekend.  It probably won't collect dust on the CD shelf.

P.S. Would have liked Darlin' and a couple of other songs on there in soundboard quality, but beggars can't be choosers.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 01:29:22 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 23, 2013, 12:59:18 PM »

It's up to #3 on Amazon which apparently is updated hourly.

Smiley

http://www.amazon.com/music-rock-classical-pop-jazz/b/ref=sa_menu_mu/182-7622997-7267666?_encoding=UTF8&node=5174
Waspinators
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep it Clean with Al Jardine

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 23, 2013, 01:18:32 PM »

I must say, the performance of Getcha Back on here is really enjoyable, more so than the studio version in some ways. Didn't get to see this one at the show I attended, so I'm glad it was included. Really do wish Dave was given more leads (Jardine too); he's got himself a distinctively "cool" and smooth voice, slightly similar to Dennis as others have stated.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #620 on: May 23, 2013, 01:22:51 PM »

I must say, the performance of Getcha Back on here is really enjoyable, more so than the studio version in some ways. Didn't get to see this one at the show I attended, so I'm glad it was included. Really do wish Dave was given more leads (Jardine too); he's got himself a distinctively "cool" and smooth voice, slightly similar to Dennis as others have stated.

I have to say "Getcha Back" is indeed one of the best tracks on the set. Dave has a fine voice, but I also like that it's a good arrangement and everything sounds relatively organic. Al is prominent on backing vocals on that one as well.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #621 on: May 23, 2013, 01:45:01 PM »

I don't see any similarity to Dennis' but I think David and Christian Love both have that smooth and cool quality in their voices. That's why I think David would've been cool on Christian's part on "Daybreak over the ocean" which I wished they had recorded from scratch. Nothing against Christian and the other singers but I'd rather have a Beach Boys solo version. Al sounds unfreakingbelievable on that song!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
PS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 23, 2013, 02:16:13 PM »

As I've been catching up and reading these pages, I've been listening to the NPR concerts(s) from start to finish.

Absolutely delightful and absolutely listenable.

Sounds great to my ears - exciting, detailed, musical, accurate to my memories of the excitement of the gigs.

So what was the problem with releasing something like this, ready to go??

Double CD ould have come straight from these recordings, however "doctored" or "sweetened" (and I hear none)

Great ambience, chatter, audience mix, stereo distribution, little or no evident double tracking or tuning.

THIS is more like it! Wonderful!

Comments?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #623 on: May 23, 2013, 02:35:31 PM »

Smething completely different, I'm sorry. But I didn't realize that Al played (at least in Montreal) the intro to "Fun, fun, fun" with Scott Totten:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AM8HSZVbIbI#t=165s

Ok, on with the other stuff

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rich E P
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 23, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »

This is quite the polarizing release isn't it?  

A few quick thoughts.  I attended 3 reunion shows (Berkeley, Hollywood Bowl, Irvine).  They were all incredible shows and a fans dream come true.  How the stars alligned and all the surviving principals were there (seemingly getting along just great), and the backing band was as perfect as a reasonable fan could expect was beyond everyone's expectations.  Totten and Cowsill with Brian's band - perfect combo - brilliant band.  Creative setlists bulging with hits and plenty of great lesser known tracks.  So I understand why some had high hopes of this being the perfect document of those wonderful shows.  The fact that it falls plenty short of being a fitting representation of those shows IS at best a BIG let down.  

There is much to frustrate, anger and perplex here.  But there are very good moments too.

For me the negatives of this live set are the same as what has been stated here many times.  Excessive and confusing use processing and autotuning on the vocals.  I do not enjoy the vocals of The Robo Beach Units - and they make many an appearance here.  Many of the vocals could have and should been handled better.  This is a band that is known for their vocals and harmonies and to, at points, strip them of their humanity is an utter disappointment.  Also for me the mix leaves a fair bit to be desired.  I would have prefered the lead vocals to be placed a little lower in the mix and brought up the instrumental tracks and spaced those instrumental tracks further apart in the stereo image, leaving more "room sound" (and audience) ever present instead of having a very dry mix (studio-like) for the most part.  Having almost random moments where the applause jumps out of nowhere is a bit weird.  There needs to be more space for the instruments to breathe, more ambiance and feel of what it was like to be there.  And how did Cottonfields get left off?  T'was my fave performance each night for me.  Al's vocals were dynamite and the band rocked - HARD.  The guitars alone...

Anyhow...

I can also agree with those who read the board and looked at the over the top slag fest bought the set and then said, well it ain't THAT bad.  The way some were writing there were NO redeeming qualities or moments at all.  I was prepared to for a sonic assualt; for an audio turd to squish in my ears.  And while it does has many moments of that (Brian on H&V, Robo Mike on DBD, ASM, IIT, etc...) it has some nice moments too.  Though I have only had one listen so far under not the best of conditions (cranked up loud while working out) I found many enjoyable moments and it did bring back some wonderful memories.  

Just curious for those who CAN find some merrit in the new live release, what are your favorite songs / moments?  I'd love to hear what you like on this set.

I enjoyed:
Disney Girls (The whole band shines here)
Getcha Back (Dave's autotune isn't too distracting and everything else has more life than the studio version)
Then I kissed Her (Al's vocals were so consistently good at these shows...)
California Saga (more Al is a good thing)
In My Room (though some parts have been traded and Carl and Dennis are gone I can still hear elements of the classic Beach Boys blend here as well as pick out all the bbs voices - I wished I heard that more on other songs)
All This Is That - Wonderful version and Brian's current voice suits his part here
Little Girl I Once Knew - Foskett too high in the mix and not enough other BBs BUT damn is it great to hear Mike's little bits (Look Out, Man - Split Man sound very cool and the band sounds great.

Despite the many issues, I am looking forward to listening again.  After listen number two I will delete quite a few of them off the ipod, I'm sure but I will keep a bunch.  I have the Japan show and the Mermaid show on my ipod too.  Japan is by FAR my fave (even though there has been "fixing" it seem to most remind me of the great shows I saw) for sound quality, mix, etc.  Mermaid is pretty good and I will go to it more than this new official live set.  I'd love to find a way to get all the TV appearances (QVC, and Fallon mostly) or NPR on cd or mp3 as they were great.  Or the Rolling Stone unplugged bit.  That was sublime.  Does anyone have the technology skills to make that happen?  Let me know!  I'd love a warts and all release of all of the Reunion shows.  I'd pay for that.  Beach Boys central should have been opened for that reason alone and could make a ton o cash from fans like us.  I'd love to have cd versions of Berkeley, Hollywood Bowl, and Irvine to relive the memories.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx