gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 07:20:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do YOU most want to see in Brian's upcoming biopic?  (Read 24499 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2013, 08:11:13 AM »

Van Dyke Parks and Mike Love are trapped in a bank vault together, Bruce is arrested for going one mile over the speed limit.

Mike Love tries street performing, Brian makes a whole Jasper Dailey album.

Dennis gets involved with a abstinence campaign,  Al is stalked by a goat.

Carl takes part in an eating contest, Brian tries to find the "child (who) is the father of the man"

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2013, 10:30:53 AM »

Rockandroll, where art thou?

The group are concerned as Bruce appears to be going senile, Carl is dismayed when The Girl At The Guitar Shop calls and asks to be set up with Dennis.

Al accidentally puts one of Brians 'sugar cubes' in his tea, whilst Brian gets really into practical jokes.

Dennis sobers up, Brian is thrown into panic when Capitol call to say they are coming up to the house to hear new material.

Brian sees an episode of The Monkees and wonders why they all look so familiar, Mike visits Haight Ashbury and no-one recognises him.

Mike challenges Van Dyke to a spelling bee, Banana buries the Smile tapes in Brian's garden.

Carl is stunned to realise that The Girl From The Guitar Shop is actually his neighbour, The Radiant Radish makes its first sale.

Brian buys a Moog, which slowly consumes the house. Al gets a tattoo.

Brian accuses Dennis of bringing his girlfriends back to his home echo chamber, but when he denies it the brothers journey to find out who is boning up there.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2013, 10:45:25 AM »

Mike makes a wager with the gang that he can't jump his bike over a shark tank out in the carpark.

Brian wakes up and takes a shower only to be suddenly joined by the previously assumed dead Al Jardine.

Bruce saws the head off the local town statue to prove his street cred, only to be slowly driven insane by dreams of the head talking to him.

Carl gets too old and his voice breaks so he's replaced with a younger actor.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2013, 10:53:37 AM »

Brian has the BBs only play 1961-1963 era songs for a gang of hippies as a joke, Mike doesn't get the joke.

Al  Jardine has to do dental surgery on Murry Wilson, Carl gets a job at the Hawthorne Frosty Freeze.

Bruce gets annoyed when everybody mistakes him as Brian on tour, Dennis is lost at sea sailing and ends up on Gilligan's Island. (TV show tie-in)

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2013, 10:59:03 AM »

Dennis is caught huffing paint with sixth graders.
Bruce accidentally gets crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy, and almost chokes to death on a peanut, only to be saved by a karate chop to the back by Brian.
Mike levitating over a Rolling Stones show dropping SIP cassettes.
Carl wandering around the dessert with Jim Morrison high on lsd.
Al riding a carousel.

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2013, 12:29:26 PM »

Carl decides to take up cheerleading as a relaxing hobby when the band isn't recording or touring, Dennis comes along "for support"; Brian gets a second job as Dickie Dee ice cream salesman, writing the accompanying jingles himself.
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2013, 01:19:12 PM »

Dennis beats up Mike.
Dennis sleeps with a bunch of groupies, then sleeps with Mikes wife.
Carl cries because people make fun of his weight.
Brian sleeps, and sleeps not knowing hes on top of Marilyn
Dennis beats up Mike, again.
Al complains for no apparent reason
Bruce writes his first song and everyone laughs at him.
Dennis and Charles Manson take some LSD,
Mike goes in town trying to get people to listen to the teachings of the Mardashi, people throw things at him.
Mike meets a young OSD, OSD criticizes Mike, Mike is sad of OSDs comment, says to himself "its a damn shame", goes home and punches the wall.
Carl still sobs, Annie gives him a box of donuts to cheer him up.
Brian and the guys record a new song, Al still complains, no one knows why.
Carl accidently  sits on a cat at a friends house.
Dennis and Mike fight, again this time in front of family members
Dennis accidently punches Brian in the face, Brian has a dream, Be My Baby is playing in the background.

The end...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:23:30 PM by EthanJames » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2013, 01:32:16 PM »

Mike meets a young OSD, OSD criticizes Mike, Mike is sad of OSDs comment, says to himself "its a damn shame", goes him and punches the wall.

Yes! LOL LOL LOL

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2013, 02:07:48 PM »

Mike and a young OSD have a fight to the death battle during which Mike reveals that he is OSD's father.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2013, 02:09:56 PM »

OSD wakes from a dream realizing he's not human, but one of Mike Love's hats.

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2013, 05:21:30 PM »

OSD takes LSD.
Brian tries to get a job at the fire station.

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2013, 06:15:27 PM »

Well, if we're going to just make up stuff...

Al Jardine accidentally locks himself inside an old boathouse in Holland. There is an emergency exit, but the door is so low and narrow that not even Al - the slightest Beach Boy - can get through it. Frustrated, he writes "California Saga" on a xylophone inside the boathouse. The next day, the owner returns to the boathouse and informs Al that he was turning the knob the wrong way. "I've been living on saltines this whole time!" Al shouts angrily before leaving. "And you guys make the doors to damn small in Europe!"

---

A lengthy scene of Bruce Johnston altering all of his shorts so that they'll be short enough before the group goes on tour. "The Nearest Faraway Place" repeats in the background.

---

Brian Wilson is inside the bathroom at Marilyn's house.  He goes to flush the toilet but it clogs. Panicked, he flushes the toilet again and again until he his knee deep in water and crying. Marilyn starts knocking on the door repeatedly. "Brian, are you OK in there? BRIAN!" She eventually forces the door open and a torrent of water knocks her back ten feet. She hits an end table and knocks over and breaks some of her mother's precious china. Brian runs out the house ("I'm sorry," he yells) and drives to the Wich Stand in LA to gorge himself with food.

---

Mike Love manages to connive his way onto the same flight Paul McCartney is taking to India for the Maharishi retreat.  He wears a fake brown mustache and fake thick-rimmed glasses so Paul won't recognize him and sits in the seat right behind Paul, paying the girl that was supposed to have the seat $100 so she'd switch. He overhears Paul complaining that he doesn't know what to name the Beatles next album. Later, when the stewardess is passing out lunch, Mike pipes up, "I don't think you gave the gentleman in front of me his packet of pepper."

"Actually, she did," Paul responds.

"Y'know, the thought just struck me. Wouldn't Sgt. Pepper be a groovy name for an album?" Mike conjectures.

"Haha, you might be right, mate. Say, what's your name?"

"Um... Billy Shears! Yes, Billy Shears."
Summer_Days
Smiley Smile Associate

...and your dream comes true.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2013, 07:03:46 PM »

Film makers, here's what I want:

- Don't paint Mike to be a villain. He's had his disagreements with Brian, and certainly show that, but make great pains to show he's not a one dimensional bad guy.

- Don't chock all of Brian's problems up to LSD, but don't dismiss his LSD usage either. Brian Wilson is NOT an acid causality.

- DO show Dennis blooming as a writer and Carl as a leader. Don't shove them in the background.

- Remember some nice mid-60s details like Brian's paranoia about Phil Spector; the tent, tumbling mats and sandbox at Brian's home at different times in 1966; and his reaction to 'Strawberry Fields Forever'.

- Have some nice little scenes of Brian imbibing apple cider and listening to Sail Away in Holland. The key is to have the audience step into Brian's head, especially in little lonely moments like this.

- The infamous 'Help Me Rhonda' vocal session with Murry.

- Scene of Brian writing 'The Warmth of the Sun' with Mike.

- Scene(s) of Brian writing with Van Dyke.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:12:55 PM by Summer_Days » Logged

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together, in the kind of world where we belong?
http://wildsmiley.weebly.com
Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2013, 07:21:48 PM »

Along your lines, Summer_Days, the scene of Brian going to see "Seconds" would be good.

And yes, I hope Dennis and Carl don't get pushed into the background. It would also be interesting (and gut-wrenching) to show the conservatorship issue, and the toll it took on Carl.

As for the joke scenes ...

The Beach Boys regather in 2012 to record TWGMTR. Brian warmly greets the guys in the studio and hands Al a big, gift-wrapped package. Al opens it, and says, "Brian, is this ... "

"Yes, Al, that's the box you stood on to record our biggest hits. I want you to use it now."
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2013, 07:23:52 PM »

Film makers, here's what I want:

- Don't paint Mike to be a villain. He's had his disagreements with Brian, and certainly show that, but make great pains to show he's not a one dimensional bad guy.

- DO show Dennis blooming as a writer and Carl as a leader. Don't shove them in the background.

From BW.com...

Rather than a bio pic, the film will take an unconventional look at seminal moments in Wilson’s life, his artistic genius, his profound struggles, and the love that kept him alive....

As I said when this bio was mentioned several years ago, I think the makers will play safe with the band and its members. For instance, I can imagine a scene where Brian is telling Marilyn he is frustrated with the making of the SMiLE album in general rather than naming certain individuals. It covers the story without leaving the makers open to lawsuits.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2013, 07:25:44 PM »

As for the joke scenes ...

The Beach Boys regather in 2012 to record TWGMTR. Brian warmly greets the guys in the studio and hands Al a big, gift-wrapped package. Al opens it, and says, "Brian, is this ... "

"Yes, Al, that's the box you stood on to record our biggest hits. I want you to use it now."

Oh yes.... please!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2013, 11:31:12 PM »

Mike eats his own hand.
Dennis and Charles Manson wed each other in a small, quiet ceremony.
Bruce starts stalking the kid out of the Problem Child film/video. Eventually the Courts rule that Bruce cannot come with 500 yards of the child.
Al punches out a disabled child that asks for his autograph.

send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2013, 02:17:55 AM »

Mike neglects cleaning the poo splatter under the seat, causing Bruce to shriek audibly while lifting the seat to make a no. 1; Norbit released on Blu-Ray.

Dennis inadvertently paints Carl's penis green; one of Brian's dog vomits up a partial fake harpsichord in the sandbox.

Bruce calls Obama "the biggest butthole in the world", prompting Brian and Melinda to sue; a greasy mushroom slips off a burger and lands on Carl's favorite shiny tracksuit, and every attempt to remove the stain makes it larger.

As Brian gets entrenched in the followup to TWGMTR, the new Spector-produced Charles Manson album "Pleasure Island" hits no. 1 and causes Brian to abandon the project when he forgets the order of the My Life Suite movements; something floats to the surface of the water in Mike's hot tub and is quickly caught in a jar and carried off by a shifty-eyed Bruce.

Al has a breakdown after Glen Campbell steals his nose and forgets where he put it; David Lee Marks rejoins Facebook.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:20:30 AM by Spil Phector » Logged

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2013, 11:06:50 AM »

The band is practicing and working up songs in Brian's home studio.  Brian is listening from his room.  Cut back to the music room.  Brian is standing in the doorway in his bath robe.  He offers to come in and fix a bridge so that the song is perfect.  In doing so, it shows the true genius of Brian Wilson.  The others are left shaking their heads.  Brian leaves to stop by the kitchen on his way back to his room.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2013, 11:40:34 AM »

The band is practicing and working up songs in Brian's home studio.  Brian is listening from his room.  Cut back to the music room.  Brian is standing in the doorway in his bath robe.  He offers to come in and fix a bridge so that the song is perfect.  In doing so, it shows the true genius of Brian Wilson.  The others are left shaking their heads.  Brian leaves to stop by the kitchen on his way back to his room.

This probably did happen on several occasions.

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2013, 11:42:35 AM »

poor jokes aside.

I think there should be a short cut set in the mid 70's showing Brian in his bed listening to Be My Baby while wearing his bathrobe. He lies there staring at the ceiling and smoking. the camera then zooms out revealing a stack of 'Be My Baby' 45's next to his record player. When the song ends, he reaches over and plays it again.

I imagine this scene can be done efficiently in less than 30 secs, but boy would it be great.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:47:14 AM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2013, 02:59:37 PM »

They have to touch on that.... or when Desper left for a while and Brian was apparently listening to a loop of a chunk of it for hours. 

I've been trying to interest Al Jardine in a biopic project but he keeps blowing me off. I even reserved a table at The Sizzler and everything! Had some concept art ready to go.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2013, 03:00:19 PM »

LOL

Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2013, 06:37:48 PM »

poor jokes aside.

I think there should be a short cut set in the mid 70's showing Brian in his bed listening to Be My Baby while wearing his bathrobe. He lies there staring at the ceiling and smoking. the camera then zooms out revealing a stack of 'Be My Baby' 45's next to his record player. When the song ends, he reaches over and plays it again.

I imagine this scene can be done efficiently in less than 30 secs, but boy would it be great.
He's gotta be smoking a big ole doobie. That's just how it has to be.

A discipline daddy.
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2013, 04:03:14 PM »

« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 04:33:50 PM by EthanJames » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx