gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:26:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do YOU most want to see in Brian's upcoming biopic?  (Read 24395 times)
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 08:39:31 AM »

The movie should start with Brian literally digging his own grave in his backyard, as per Jack Rieley's story.

Brian taking acid on the beach and staring at the sunrise.

Brian and the boys hanging out with Maharishi, and then recording the song "Friends". Random scenes of acid rock raves in San Francisco and political rallies should be interspersed.

Brian writing "Catch A Wave" and also "California Girls" with Mike.

Brian's threesome with Tandyn Almer.

Rapid fire scenes of Murry's abuse set to the song "Cuckoo Clock".
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:40:46 AM by Murry » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 09:14:28 AM »

I'm still holding out for an anime production. The two "loser" BB biopics we've seen so far have convinced me that live action doesn't cut it.

Truth be told, I'm not even remotely interested in Brian as hero on the music-genius pedestal or any sleazy stuff, for that matter. I'm far more interested in Brian the human being. I'd like some balance in telling the story. Brian and his brothers, associates, etc. as real people.

And believable beards, please!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:20:25 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2013, 09:16:11 AM »

Ah yes, the anime. Brian-sama: 音楽神 (Music God).
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2013, 09:28:23 AM »

Murry, great ideas.  Cool

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 09:47:26 AM »

I'm still holding out for an anime production. The two "loser" BB biopics we've seen so far have convinced me that live action doesn't cut it.

Truth be told, I'm not even remotely interested in Brian as hero on the music-genius pedestal or any sleazy stuff, for that matter. I'm far more interested in Brian the human being. I'd like some balance in telling the story. Brian and his brothers, associates, etc. as real people.

And believable beards, please!

Yeah. The beard issue. As Bret Wheadon (of www.beachboys.com) has it: they looked like creatures from Planet Of The Apes in that movie...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 02:23:13 PM »

I know what will happen. They will play up the abuse from Murry, the drugs, and the mental illness. They will make the Brian of 1968 the Brian of 1975 and Mike Love will be a villain.

Could well be. A depressing idea.
I just never raise my hopes. smilethebeachboysloveyou perfectly describes 95 percent of them.
And there you have it, Mike - an epic movie musical using only the songs from smilethebeachboysloveyou called Murry-Mia

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 02:38:29 PM »

As long as it is the opposite of Ray, Walk the Line, The Aviator, etc. I will be happy.

I hope it's like Walk Hard.

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 02:45:10 PM »

As long as it is the opposite of Ray, Walk the Line, The Aviator, etc. I will be happy.

I hope it's like Walk Hard.
Seriously. Great movie.  Cheesy
rogerlancelot
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 06:06:50 PM »

I find it kind of creepy making a biopic about somebody who is still alive and functioning. Wouldn't it be a better idea to focus on The Drummer instead?

But if they do make this movie, the suggestion about David Marks having an acid trip is my favorite so far. And nudity.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 07:04:47 PM »

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:05:46 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 07:17:03 PM »

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:06:49 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2013, 09:21:07 PM »

A few other scenes, maybe not as crazy, but still vital...

Brian cruising to a diner with Gary Usher. The two drink milkshakes and then go for a jog on the beach, running until they're physically exhausted.

Brian sort of sits on Landy's lap. Landy explains Christianity to Brian. Brian writes "Still I Dream Of It".

Brian and Dennis arguing with Jack Reiley that the Beach Boys never wrote surf songs, again as per Reiley.

Extended montage of Brian sucking on a baby's bottle and writing the chords to "I Love To Say Dada", mixed with scenes of Brian being fed by his mother, from nursing to eating pancakes in the emptiness of his childhood home after his airplane meltdown.

Brian and Mike sittin' in a rambler, just like teenage gamblers, tunin' in to '50s pop radio. Before this, from Mike's balcony, you can see the lights of L.A. We fade back from the car to see it again.

Brian spills hot chocolate on Marilyn at show. A few nights later, the two are making out in Brian's car in Marilyn's driveway. As Brian pushes up Marilyn's skirt, we can see the burn mark on her thigh.

The movie ends with "Male Ego" playing as Brian walks along Santa Monica Pier.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 09:38:56 PM by Murry » Logged
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2013, 07:02:42 PM »

Inspired by these hilarious suggestions, as well as the Star Trek: TNG Season 8 Twitter feed, I have come up with a few ideas for The Beach Boys TV Series. I think these would all make for exciting episodes:

Trouble arises when Dennis sleeps with two journalists from rival newspapers; Bruce gets his teeth whitened.

The boys are upset when Al brings home another stray dog; meanwhile, Brian eats a thousand hamburgers in one sitting.

Murry needs to be reassured by the boys when his pants split open at an important meeting at Capitol headquarters; Mike tries to phone the President but keeps being put on hold.

The boys decide to throw a surprise party for Carl; Charles Manson comes by and threatens to strangle Bruce.

Dennis plans to drive over the grand canyon; Carl finds a new bagel shop and considers moving in.

Bruce is upset because Mike won’t allow him to display his Grammy award; Al is upset because no one is paying attention to his swear jar.

Brian and Marilyn plan their honeymoon; she rejects his request to camp out in Spector’s backyard. Meanwhile, Dennis fills Mike’s hat with shaving cream

Dennis gives Al tips on how to speak to girls; Carl comes up with 30 guitar riffs in one day but then discovers that they all sound like Johnny B. Goode.

Brian comes up with a great ‘feel’ with Marilyn’s sister; Bruce does some crosswords

Brian gets called for jury duty but chaos ensues when he won’t take off his fire helmet in court; Dennis tries to juggle 19 dates in one night

Mike and Bruce briefly open a deli and meet a lot of colourful characters; Brian finally listens to Side B of Sgt. Pepper and then tries to explode the house

Carl is embarrassed at the recording session when it is revealed that he can’t whistle; Al gets nightmares after listening to a Steppenwolf album

Mike meditates for forty-two hours straight on top of Bruce’s lucky shorts; Bruce is late for a job interview

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:04:17 PM by rockandroll » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2013, 10:29:22 PM »

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:07:49 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2013, 10:37:35 PM »

They should seriously re-create the "I Get Around" session where Brian fires Murry or the infamous "Help Me Ronda" session.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 11:19:10 PM »

I want it to be proof read by AGD and Phil Cohen..

Seriously though, it would be a dream to have some of the Beach Boys scholars involved

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2013, 12:10:30 AM »

R&R you are a stone (or is that stoned?) genius. So many great ones--I especially like the idea that Al is the Loretta Young of the BBs. Classic!

Naturally, what I want in the biopic is the full version (with complete lyrics) for "Beatrice from Baltimore."

Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2013, 10:15:10 PM »

I don't think the board went down because of "sever issues" or even "Wouldn't it Be Nice (To Live Again)". Frankly, I believe rockandroll unearthed a goldmine here and I'm calling it first that Capitol recognised this, took the board down, pillaged a few of our ideas and deleted the evidence to avoid infringement claims. Brian, David and Al are in negotiations as we speak to put aside their differences with Bruce and Mike so filming can start off the Florida Keys in August.

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2013, 06:07:30 AM »

We've lost some of the best ones. Rocknroll, please repost them if you saved them.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2013, 07:39:23 AM »

Fortunately the only ones of my own that I didn't have saved were salvaged on here. I'm away from my own computer so I will re-post them later today maybe with a few new ones. Unfortunately I don't have any of the others. Hopefully someone else saved them.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2013, 07:43:48 AM »

Nooooo! Bloody board.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2013, 06:08:03 PM »

Alright - here are the ones of mine that got deleted plus eight new ones:

Brian gets a robot that can sing in perfect pitch; meanwhile Mike is upset when the robot makes fun of him when the other boys aren’t looking

Al throws up after watching Carl smoke a cigarette; Brian tells Mike of his plans to write a symphony using only dog whistles

Bruce gets the opportunity of a lifetime when he is asked to cut the ribbon at the grand opening of a local thrift store; Dennis tries to stop a newly discovered STD from being named after him

At a night out, Mike bets the other guys he can eat 100 wings but then regrettably fills up on the appetizer nachos; Carl tries to let the other guys know that he’s trapped under a jukebox

Main rivals The Four Seasons are in town! Frankie Valli challenges Brian to a falsetto competition; meanwhile Dennis challenges himself by attempting to sleep with all 4 Seasons girlfriends in order of season.

Brian tries to get his dogs to bark in ¾ time; Al gets lost in an unfamiliar neighbourhood after chasing a butterfly

Mike learns to use his bass voice when talking to intimidating neighbours; Bruce heads off to bed early again

Carl goes speed dating but loses his breath after two dates; Al saves up for a new candy bar

Dennis is depressed when he discovers that he already slept with every woman in Sacramento; Bruce can’t remember where he left his wallet

--

Al and Carl are playing around and accidentally drop Murry’s glass eye down the bathroom sink; Brian is embarrassed at a session when he calls Carol Kaye “mommy” in front of the whole Wrecking Crew

Marilyn records a steamy message for Brian but is miffed when he suggests that she should have double-tracked it; Bruce’s hair falls out when the boys replace his pills with mints

Carl accidentally locks his grandfather in the car; worried that he’s losing his edge, Dennis handcuffs himself to a hobo

Al’s seashell collection draws hundreds of seagulls to his bedroom; Murry takes an IQ test and refuses to share the results with Brian

Bruce thinks that someone has been using his TV tray; Mike is furious when he learns that he has contracted “The Dennis”

Carl is convinced that Mike is only interested in meditation so that he can meet mystical women; Bruce does a solo concert and only his parents show up.

Frank Zappa comes by to visit, and Al hides in the basement; Dennis tries to go a whole day without sexual activity and his pants explode

Mike is hesitant when Brian wants to order a new item on their weekly pizza; Al learns a valuable lesson when he drinks two sodas and gets a sore tummy
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:09:33 PM by rockandroll » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2013, 06:28:10 PM »

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:08:26 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2013, 07:43:03 PM »

Alright - here are the ones of mine that got deleted plus eight new ones:

Brian gets a robot that can sing in perfect pitch; meanwhile Mike is upset when the robot makes fun of him when the other boys aren’t looking

Al throws up after watching Carl smoke a cigarette; Brian tells Mike of his plans to write a symphony using only dog whistles

Bruce gets the opportunity of a lifetime when he is asked to cut the ribbon at the grand opening of a local thrift store; Dennis tries to stop a newly discovered STD from being named after him

At a night out, Mike bets the other guys he can eat 100 wings but then regrettably fills up on the appetizer nachos; Carl tries to let the other guys know that he’s trapped under a jukebox

Main rivals The Four Seasons are in town! Frankie Valli challenges Brian to a falsetto competition; meanwhile Dennis challenges himself by attempting to sleep with all 4 Seasons girlfriends in order of season.

Brian tries to get his dogs to bark in ¾ time; Al gets lost in an unfamiliar neighbourhood after chasing a butterfly

Mike learns to use his bass voice when talking to intimidating neighbours; Bruce heads off to bed early again

Carl goes speed dating but loses his breath after two dates; Al saves up for a new candy bar

Dennis is depressed when he discovers that he already slept with every woman in Sacramento; Bruce can’t remember where he left his wallet

--

Al and Carl are playing around and accidentally drop Murry’s glass eye down the bathroom sink; Brian is embarrassed at a session when he calls Carol Kaye “mommy” in front of the whole Wrecking Crew

Marilyn records a steamy message for Brian but is miffed when he suggests that she should have double-tracked it; Bruce’s hair falls out when the boys replace his pills with mints

Carl accidentally locks his grandfather in the car; worried that he’s losing his edge, Dennis handcuffs himself to a hobo

Al’s seashell collection draws hundreds of seagulls to his bedroom; Murry takes an IQ test and refuses to share the results with Brian

Bruce thinks that someone has been using his TV tray; Mike is furious when he learns that he has contracted “The Dennis”

Carl is convinced that Mike is only interested in meditation so that he can meet mystical women; Bruce does a solo concert and only his parents show up.

Frank Zappa comes by to visit, and Al hides in the basement; Dennis tries to go a whole day without sexual activity and his pants explode

Mike is hesitant when Brian wants to order a new item on their weekly pizza; Al learns a valuable lesson when he drinks two sodas and gets a sore tummy

Someone needs to animate these like The Murry Wilson Show.

A discipline daddy.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2013, 09:30:55 PM »

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:02:55 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx