gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 03:02:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free EP, April 8th (Promo Vid)  (Read 2657 times)
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2013, 09:11:39 PM »

Hey what's up all,

I just completed a new 5-song EP. The songs were written to unreleased J Dilla tracks, which all have an old school soul vibe. Some folks here might've heard of Dilla for the great hip-hop producer that he was, OR.. for "Pet Sounds: In The Key Of Dee", which mashed up Pet Sounds with some classic Dilla tracks.

I got inspired by the promo that The Beach Boys put together for That's Why God Made The Radio, and put together 5 videos that I'll be dropping up until the release date (April 8th).

Here's the "intro" video, which incidentally also contains the intro track on the EP. There's no real meat here, just a little hodge-podge of clips from the mini-doc that we shot. The other videos show sessions, some interview scenes, etc. It was a lot of fun to put together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vI7O1cxoec

I appreciate your time + hope u enjoy!

J
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 06:03:18 PM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 05:20:29 PM »

I cannot wait - you laying down harmonies on Dilla is an incredible move.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 06:01:42 PM »

This sounds great! Can't wait to hear it!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 01:03:19 PM »

Ooooh, this'll be good! Looking very much forward to checking the EP out.  Smiley

seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 06:57:16 AM »

What's up guys! I just released the first leak from the project.. "We Must Be In Love". Hope u dig it..!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5akS6OVEVw
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 07:02:06 AM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 07:37:49 AM »

I usually don't like stuff like this at all....but man, EXCELLENT! I really enjoyed both stuff in the promo and the leaked track. "We Must Be In Love" has a really nice laid back R&B feel that has a 70s feel but is not dated sounding at all - this deserves radio airplay. Looking forward to more!

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 08:08:55 AM »

I usually don't like stuff like this at all....but man, EXCELLENT! I really enjoyed both stuff in the promo and the leaked track. "We Must Be In Love" has a really nice laid back R&B feel that has a 70s feel but is not dated sounding at all - this deserves radio airplay. Looking forward to more!

Thanks Ego!

BTW, I just posted a "Making Of" clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oQNH_-7ecM
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 10:26:09 PM »

Hey what's up guys, just wanted to let you know the EP is out!

http://noisetrade.com/jhypemusic/j-hype-x-j-dilla---1-up

Hope u all enjoy!

-J
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 06:44:20 AM »

Fixed the ID3 tags, for anyone who downloaded it already, please feel free to download it again. Sorry about that!

http://noisetrade.com/jhypemusic/j-hype-x-j-dilla---1-up

Also, a new video:

The shortest sax session ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOwzTvNx9FY
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:55:19 AM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
egon spengler
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 06:16:27 AM »

I've been grooving to this music the last couple nights--as always, incredibly catchy hooks and your vocal delivery is as good as any artist getting airplay today. I wish I had enough control over my voice to add some soul to my vocals like you do (it takes everything I've got just to hit the notes)! Can't wait to hear what else you've got cooking.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 06:41:33 AM »

I've been grooving to this music the last couple nights--as always, incredibly catchy hooks and your vocal delivery is as good as any artist getting airplay today. I wish I had enough control over my voice to add some soul to my vocals like you do (it takes everything I've got just to hit the notes)! Can't wait to hear what else you've got cooking.

Hey Adam, thanks a lot man! I appreciate u throwing into your rotation. I do what I can, haha. It's a constant learning process. I figure it's all practice. Leading up to what? I'm not sure. But it sure is fun in the meantime.

And bro.. you're buggin'.. you definitely know how to turn on the soul in your voice!
egon spengler
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 05:31:34 PM »

Hey Adam, thanks a lot man! I appreciate u throwing into your rotation. I do what I can, haha. It's a constant learning process. I figure it's all practice. Leading up to what? I'm not sure. But it sure is fun in the meantime.

And bro.. you're buggin'.. you definitely know how to turn on the soul in your voice!

I wasn't fishing for compliments, but thanks! I've actually been meaning to tell you that your Locked Out of Heaven/I'm Still Loving You mashup landed Unorthodox Jukebox in my rotation too--literally the only non-Beach Boys album I keep on my phone besides your stuff. Thanks for turning me onto him!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 08:42:54 AM »

I wasn't fishing for compliments, but thanks! I've actually been meaning to tell you that your Locked Out of Heaven/I'm Still Loving You mashup landed Unorthodox Jukebox in my rotation too--literally the only non-Beach Boys album I keep on my phone besides your stuff. Thanks for turning me onto him!

You're welcome bro!

Here's the last piece of promo for the EP.. an impromptu acoustic jam of "We Must Be In Love"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCgZ9jMyWkk
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 07:09:35 AM »

Hey guys, a little late perhaps, but we shot a music video for the lead single off this project, "We Must Be In Love".

We shot it out here in Central Park. Check it out & enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfbYFqkpWfA
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 01:26:26 PM »

Awesome, just awesome. And kudos for having such a hot chick in your video!  Grin

I'm really glad you bumped this thread because it reminded me that I never got to check out your EP. Will do now. I'm blown away by We Must Be in Love as I have been by all your stuff which I generally think is in a league of its own on here. Your vocals are incredibly soulful!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx