gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:28:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian on future Beach Boys plans, no more reunions!  (Read 38572 times)
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2013, 06:27:05 PM »

My God, if there was ever time for a proper and clear bit of information, the time is now. Are the 5 BB doing an album in 2013. Y or N? (I know we don't know). The term reunion confuses the issue because to many it means "tour." They each much "know," and perhaps now Al, et al will open up a bit. Good time for Mike to call Brian and step up to plan it.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 06:44:49 PM »

This clears things up nicely

http://www.hitfix.com/news/grammys-2013-beach-boys-brian-wilson-talks-about-new-material

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013, 06:55:23 PM »

I can't get that video to play -- what does he actually say?

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2013, 07:01:52 PM »

Basically he says the beach boys have a lot of music in the can that hasn't been released, they are planning on getting together to make an album soon. No talk of a tour.

SgtTimBob
Smiley Smile Associate

Music Maker Extrodonaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2013, 07:24:35 PM »

He talks about unreleased material, then mentions new album. Hmmm...... this obviously means the new album will be called 'Brian Wilson's Beach Boys Present Adult/Child' Razz

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 07:40:20 PM »

I honestly don't think that cleared much up at all. What that little bit of footage tells us is that they got a lot of material in the can (obviously), that he likes That Lucky Old Sun a whole lot (knew that too, but cool to hear), and that he's gonna start working in the studio.

It kinda sounds like it's solo recording. But who knows? I myself would prefer another Beach Boys album over a new Brian Wilson album, but either would be great. I personally feel that TWGMTR is better than TLOS due to the presence of The Beach Boys vocals and better songs ("From There To Back Again", "Isn't It Time). But regardless, I just wanna hear new tunes by Brian Wilson.

He does look as though he's been in a bit of pain though recently, I just hope he feels alright. That is more important than anything. Seems like the back problems have been going on for a bit.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 07:47:09 PM »

Don't worry. If Capital shows the money everyone will fall in line and there is nothing wrong with that.

For those that doubt? Don't you get it by now? ANYTHING is possible n the Beach Boy Universe. Transcendental Meditation Even another tour. I'll be happy with a BB50 LIVE CD set and a new studio album. A new tour for the fans will be a wonderful bonus. We'll see.....

Anything's possible, but given that Mike has said that the reunion was only for a year, and Brian says he doesn't think it's going  to happen, I don't see why anyone would think it was going to happen.

Yes, SloopJohnyB, it's been my mantra lately.... Capitol + money = new album.

And, yes, anything IS possible in the Beach Boys' universe. However, I don't think there will be a tour the magnitude of last year (i.e. 70 some dates), but I could see a few selective dates, a TV appearance or two, and maybe a mini-concert like the QVC thing. If and when a new album comes out in 2013, it will probably be late in the year, so maybe there will be a short Christmas tour. That'd be cool, no pun intended....
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 08:19:07 PM by Sheriff John Stone » Logged
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 08:17:25 PM »

I honestly don't think that cleared much up at all. What that little bit of footage tells us is that they got a lot of material in the can (obviously), that he likes That Lucky Old Sun a whole lot (knew that too, but cool to hear), and that he's gonna start working in the studio.

It kinda sounds like it's solo recording. But who knows? I myself would prefer another Beach Boys album over a new Brian Wilson album, but either would be great. I personally feel that TWGMTR is better than TLOS due to the presence of The Beach Boys vocals and better songs ("From There To Back Again", "Isn't It Time). But regardless, I just wanna hear new tunes by Brian Wilson.

He does look as though he's been in a bit of pain though recently, I just hope he feels alright. That is more important than anything. Seems like the back problems have been going on for a bit.

The dude is right. I'm watching the Grammys now in LA, so real quick:  Brian may have meant that there are so many left overs from Radio that Capital is gathering them, with some overdubs, etc. Or he may have meant that the BB are getting together to make a new album.  My exegetical powers fail me here. But he certainly did mean that a new BB album, such as it may be,  is coming. Can't imagine he would say that unless they all plan it.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2013, 08:51:08 PM »

The little news bit that accompanied the video was clear in it's rewriting of last years' performances, was it not? 

>>
One of the biggest legends at this year's Grammy Awards is Beach Boys founder Brian Wilson.

The legendary SoCal band reunited with Wilson for last year's Grammys and embarked on a short tour. After some behind the scenes drama, Wilson bowed out of the live performances, and has essentially sworn off of performing live with them, although recording has remained a possibility.  <<

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Moz from Oz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2013, 10:23:35 PM »

I noticed on Facebook the other day that Alice Lillie commented on a status from some guy that said  "I'm apparently recording Brian Wilson this week... WTF."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:24:39 PM by Moz from Oz » Logged
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2013, 11:13:16 PM »

I see Brian's comments are getting picked up by a few news outlets.

Just like this one in 2010?

http://www.live4ever.uk.com/2010/08/brian-wilson-not-interested-in-beach-boys-reunion-afterall/

I don't think much can be read in Brians comments.

Just a thought. Would Capitol expect some group promotion around any new studio album? I would expect so.

Yeah... color me not convinced.  You can literally get different answers out of Brian in the same exact interview about any subject.

The only thing we absolutely, absolutely, ABSOLUTELY know for a fact is that Brian doesn't like giving interviews. 

Since he said this during an interview... all bets are off.  I'll believe it when Mike says something about it.

To be honest though we also know that Brian's always going to be working on new music.  So even if we don't get a new Beach Boys album, we'll get a new Brian Wilson album so I'm fine either way. 
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2013, 11:14:53 PM »

My God, if there was ever time for a proper and clear bit of information, the time is now. Are the 5 BB doing an album in 2013. Y or N? (I know we don't know). The term reunion confuses the issue because to many it means "tour." They each much "know," and perhaps now Al, et al will open up a bit. Good time for Mike to call Brian and step up to plan it.

Well and also Brian purposefully went out of his way to say the concerts last year were not a reunion... it was a celebration.  So he has an aversion to that term in the first place.  Asking him if there's going to be a reunion puts the hair up on the back of his neck. 
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2013, 11:45:37 PM »

To be completely honest, I don't put a lot of weight on anything Brian Wilson says.  He's pretty inconsistent in his remarks.  He kept denying there was going to be a Beach Boys reunion at all up until it was officially announced.  So if the band is really recording a new album, I'll wait until some more credible news comes along.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 12:48:03 PM »

Mods, any chance of merging this thread with the thread on "place for compiling any new information on a new album"?  In any case, Awesoman has nailed it for now:  we have a statement from the band's founder that 2013 will produce a new BB album. We have to wait to see what exactly that means, if anything. I can't but think that the Grammy and all the "energy" associated with the BB today will only improve the chances for an album.  I hope Mike feels that competitive urge to get involved with more music on the heals of the Grammy (not a band award).
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2013, 01:57:22 PM »

Just posted on Facebook:

Brian Wilson
Hard at work after winning the GRAMMY

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2013, 02:03:18 PM »

And the ball starts rolling..

Fun times ahead.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2013, 02:42:54 PM »

It's nice to see him at the mic! Nice to see him smiling too!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 05:21:38 PM »

oh, BW tweeting pics of him at the mic? This is how TWGMTR started, lest we forget....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2013, 05:30:15 PM »

oh, BW tweeting pics of him at the mic? This is how TWGMTR started, lest we forget....
There has already been (at least) one of these after the 2012 tour concluded. That was a couple of months ago.. who knows what Brian's (been) working on..
Jason
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2013, 05:32:43 PM »

Just posted on Facebook:

Brian Wilson
Hard at work after winning the GRAMMY

Be careful when posting pictures of Brian from Facebook. You never know when someone might jump out of the woodwork!
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2013, 06:03:17 PM »

It's time for PLEASURE ISLAND! Am I right?
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2013, 07:45:25 PM »

I dont' care guys.  He's awesome, I don't give a sh*t if he's recording Mary had a little lamb, I'm going to buy it.  Lemme flash back a year or two for you

1. He recorded a bunch of Disney songs
2. I bought it
3. I really liked it

That's where I'm coming from.  Things I like about Brian:

1. His voice, even when it's off key
2. His lyrics, even when they're kind of corny
3. His production, even when other people say it's predictable
4. His band, even when they sound a little too shmaltzy
5. Pictures of Brian, even when he's fat, old, and kind of weird

BRING ON THE NEW MUSIC, BRIAN!!!!!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2013, 07:49:33 PM »

I always think it's interesting too to see similarities in pictures of people from when they were young, and when they're old.  If you look really close, there's a couple things that time hasn't affected at all in the above two pictures. 

the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2013, 08:02:55 PM »

Ron, you are a master philosopher and a prince for this comparison and posting.  I can only hope we hear soon that "the boys are coming in soon" to work on some tracks.  I respect the solo material, but. . . . .Do I have to explain the magic of the BB working together? You all know--better than I really, as I am a newcomer.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2013, 08:42:05 PM »

I'm with you Ron. That's why I disagree with those folks against another BB project. With Brian involved it makes things a million times better. Since 2004 Brian has had a career Renaissance that nobody ever could have dreamed of. He has defied the odds and has gotten better with age. He may not be the groundbreaking visionary of his youth but instead he remains a phenomenal musician. At almost 71 years old, that's more than enough.What I noticed that seems different from about June 2012 onwards is...Brian has his swagger back. He's still damn good , but its like he finally knows it and revels in it.That has been fun to see.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx