-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:52:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  "Well just don't read it, then !"
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Well just don't read it, then !"  (Read 6927 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« on: January 22, 2013, 03:44:15 AM »

... is the standard pat answer to any complaint that Poster X is a f*ckwit who should be banned. Doesn't work, though, because that would be like trying to avoid the panhandlers and chuggers - isn't easy and usually requires a detour and, frankly, why should I ?  Simple good manners (yeah, I know - me saying that, huh ?) dictates that you don't make an effort to piss off other posters with your posts. OSD was a case in point - OK, so he bought Sunflower back in 1970. Big. Fucking. Deal. Just means he was born at least 15 years earlier. So did Alan Boyd and he's not an asshat. Buying an iconic album when it's first released doesn't confer a free pass. I make a point of reading all the posts in the threads I open from both interest and simple courtesy - even a shitweasel can make a valid point now and then - plus you never can tell when they'll pop up. "Just don't read it" is a lazy option. Requires me to do something and Poster X to do f*** all. That seem in any way fair to you ? Nor me. Meet me half way.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 06:18:17 AM »

why i read it?

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 06:19:56 AM »

I still want OSD back but I guess it will never happen.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 06:26:02 AM »

i still want my teddy bear back but i guess it will never happen. i am not growing backwards....  Sad

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 11:39:07 AM »

I do think the board needs an ignore feature, personally.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 11:57:19 AM »

Ignore is a handy feature if you are thin skinned and take the words of anonymous screen names far too seriously.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 08:42:50 PM »

You're right it didn't work, I still ended up reading this thread for some reason.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 12:01:01 PM »

... is the standard pat answer to any complaint that Poster X is a f***wit who should be banned. Doesn't work, though, because that would be like trying to avoid the panhandlers and chuggers - isn't easy and usually requires a detour and, frankly, why should I ?  Simple good manners (yeah, I know - me saying that, huh ?) dictates that you don't make an effort to piss off other posters with your posts. OSD was a case in point - OK, so he bought Sunflower back in 1970. Big. f***ing. Deal. Just means he was born at least 15 years earlier. So did Alan Boyd and he's not an asshat. Buying an iconic album when it's first released doesn't confer a free pass. I make a point of reading all the posts in the threads I open from both interest and simple courtesy - even a sh*tweasel can make a valid point now and then - plus you never can tell when they'll pop up. "Just don't read it" is a lazy option. Requires me to do something and Poster X to do f*** all. That seem in any way fair to you ? Nor me. Meet me half way.

At least OSD was funny..... And what's wrong with giving the guy props for buying Sunflower when it was released? Nothing at all.... We can't all be professional Beach Boys fans, so let's give it up for one of us when we can/how we can.... And preaching about politeness on this board is a bit hypocritical no matter how you slice it......
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 12:10:03 PM »

... is the standard pat answer to any complaint that Poster X is a f***wit who should be banned. Doesn't work, though, because that would be like trying to avoid the panhandlers and chuggers - isn't easy and usually requires a detour and, frankly, why should I ?  Simple good manners (yeah, I know - me saying that, huh ?) dictates that you don't make an effort to piss off other posters with your posts. OSD was a case in point - OK, so he bought Sunflower back in 1970. Big. f***ing. Deal. Just means he was born at least 15 years earlier. So did Alan Boyd and he's not an asshat. Buying an iconic album when it's first released doesn't confer a free pass. I make a point of reading all the posts in the threads I open from both interest and simple courtesy - even a sh*tweasel can make a valid point now and then - plus you never can tell when they'll pop up. "Just don't read it" is a lazy option. Requires me to do something and Poster X to do f*** all. That seem in any way fair to you ? Nor me. Meet me half way.

At least OSD was funny..... And what's wrong with giving the guy props for buying Sunflower when it was released? Nothing at all.... We can't all be professional Beach Boys fans, so let's give it up for one of us when we can/how we can.... And preaching about politeness on this board is a bit hypocritical no matter how you slice it......
Sounds to me like you are trying to pick a fight. Didn't Billy just ask us all to knock that sh*t off? Yep, me thinks he did, too. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 12:18:25 PM »

Um, no. I was just responding to AGD's post which basically openly called me out on giving OSD props.... Big deal.

I haven't called anyone stupid or commented on the size of their private parts.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:19:42 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 12:40:38 PM »

As mentioned many times, OSD was banned for several reasons, one of which was constantly picking a fight with me, and another post that another member found offensive. He's gone, and not coming back.

In any case, it's done. Going forward, as posted elsewhere, I would highly appreciate it if people learned to treat each other with greater respect, as we should be held responsible, no matter who it is . And yes, I am indeed including myself in that.

still want my teddy bear back but i guess it will never happen. i am not growing backwards....

Sigh...I was going to donate this to an orphanage

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 03:33:14 PM »

That bear is my favourite thing on the internet.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 04:08:23 PM »

^_^

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 05:20:04 AM »

Well I guess I am the new "brianista" whipping boy since OSD got banned. Strange world we live in where you get attacked day after day for wanting Brian with the BBs and not approving of one original member using the name to tour Seaworld when the other members wanted to continue the reunion. Mike licensing the name means nothing on ethical and reputation grounds, his group never was the BBs and never will be. Its just smoke and mirrors show mostly for people who don't know any better. A final irony of the BBs story is that in the same week, Brian won a grammy, while Mike played Seaworld with Shamu the whale.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 05:32:31 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 08:55:10 AM »

A final irony of the BBs story is that in the same week, Brian won a grammy, while Mike played Seaworld with Shamu the whale.

Haha That made me LOL. I like your enthusiasm. Keep it up.  3D
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 06:59:38 PM »

Well I guess I am the new "brianista" whipping boy since OSD got banned. Strange world we live in where you get attacked day after day for wanting Brian with the BBs and not approving of one original member using the name to tour Seaworld when the other members wanted to continue the reunion. Mike licensing the name means nothing on ethical and reputation grounds, his group never was the BBs and never will be. Its just smoke and mirrors show mostly for people who don't know any better. A final irony of the BBs story is that in the same week, Brian won a grammy, while Mike played Seaworld with Shamu the whale.

This can be a rough place but you adjust.

I get attacked for various reasons (mostly by a poster naked Mikie) but you deal with it and stand your ground.

The pro's of this place outweigh the con's so it's worth sticking around

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jason
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 08:18:38 PM »

Meh, no one calls for you to be banned, so really it could be worse.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 08:46:08 PM »

Yeah, and think about this Smile Brian: you could be busy cleaning up all the whale barf from the Mike/Bruce Sea World fiasco instead of hanging around this board!  Roll Eyes
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 10:42:54 PM »

Or you could be the whale cleaning up Bruce barf, if this was  a Far Side comic...

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 06:15:18 AM »

Yeah, and think about this Smile Brian: you could be busy cleaning up all the whale barf from the Mike/Bruce Sea World fiasco instead of hanging around this board!  Roll Eyes
I sent in my seaworld job application yesterday. Shocked                 LOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: