gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:00:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian to play with Al and David, July in Ohio  (Read 53448 times)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2013, 06:11:01 AM »

Looks like Brian just played a private gig. This is from Billy Hinsche's facebook site:

With Brian Wilson at NAMM after playing a brief set for Gibson - right now ...

Brian's looking great
Yes. Thank you.

AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2013, 08:41:07 AM »

Exactly. That's the second time I saw that posted here, and it was already shot down previously! Where did this even come from?

It's mentioned on Dave's Wikipedia page, that's where I first saw it.  What is this world coming to when you can't trust Wikipedia?!
If Dave didn't sing it, then who did? It was definitely done during the C50 tour.

Mike (with Jeff on the falsetto). David only ever sang lead on one song per show -- Getcha Back or, when that wasn't in the setlist, Hawaii.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 25, 2013, 08:46:07 AM »

Exactly. That's the second time I saw that posted here, and it was already shot down previously! Where did this even come from?

It's mentioned on Dave's Wikipedia page, that's where I first saw it.  What is this world coming to when you can't trust Wikipedia?!
The only songs Dave sang lead on during the C50 tour were Hawaii and Getcha Back. There was an erroneous report from a fan early in the tour that he was singing Dont Back Down and Wendy, which he was not, but somehow that penetrated enough to convince a few entities that he'd sung those songs. I recall he was rehearsing singing lead on Do You Wanna Dance at the first rehearsals but Brian took it over, which was totally fine with Dave.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:48:26 AM by Jon Stebbins » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 25, 2013, 08:47:50 AM »

New promotional photo on Brian's facebook Smiley

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 25, 2013, 08:48:36 AM »

It's mentioned on Dave's Wikipedia page, that's where I first saw it.  What is this world coming to when you can't trust Wikipedia?!
If Dave didn't sing it, then who did? It was definitely done during the C50 tour.

Mike (with Jeff on the falsetto). David only ever sang lead on one song per show -- Getcha Back or, when that wasn't in the setlist, Hawaii.

I found it weird hearing David on "Getcha Back", it's a very Mike song that needs that nasally vocal that only Mike can do.

David has a nice voice but he sounded pretty drab on that song

Very cool  Grin
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:50:13 AM by Shady » Logged

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 25, 2013, 08:49:27 AM »

They just photoshopped Mike and Bruce out of the picture on the back of TWGMTR. In the original picture, Al had his arm around Mike. Classic.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 25, 2013, 08:52:35 AM »

Looks like we'll be seeing some more Brian, Al and David dates coming soon

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2013, 08:56:34 AM »

I have a feeling that I might not be able to get a definitive answer(or at least on publicly on the board), but I'll ask anyway. Did the group really "make up" and "put away their differences"? Or did they just "put away their differences" for the duration of the tour and for the sake of the historic 50 year celebration? I guess what I mean to say is, are the group in any kind of "good terms" with each other? Do Al and Mike get along? Brian and Mike?

David's on good terms with everyone else, mainly 'cause he's that kinda guy. Brian loves anyone who'll give him steak & birthday cake. Bruce would much rather be in row five and really hates Mike, but don't tell anyone I said that. Mike, as we all know, is the Master Puppeteer so he doesn't have to like anyone else. Alan... well, he's Alan, y'know ?

That pretty much covers it.  Old Man

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: January 25, 2013, 08:59:13 AM »

Wow, that's hilarious that they repurposed the TWGMTR photoshoot!  LOL

But I like it because it bodes well for more dates with the three together. One would hope/presume they wouldn't slap that together if they were just doing the one show together.

I would also hope that they if they do a full tour together, somebody gets them in a new photoshoot.

Does anybody have the link to the creepy doctored publicity photo that was posted here awhile back, the one used for a 1984 show where they took a 1982 publicity photo and cut Dennis out and then re-doctored it without accounting for all the spare arms?  LOL
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:00:34 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: January 25, 2013, 09:02:45 AM »

They just photoshopped Mike and Bruce out of the picture on the back of TWGMTR. In the original picture, Al had his arm around Mike. Classic.

It could have been worse. They could have used an early 80's publicity photo and cut Carl, Dennis, Mike, and Bruce out and then somehow tracked down an early 80's photo of David and grafted it in there. Now THERE'S a picture for a t-shirt to sell on the tour!

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Gohi
« Reply #235 on: January 25, 2013, 09:03:03 AM »

I hate that they photoshopped Mike and Bruce out of that pic. Very tacky. Just do a new shoot, man.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2013, 09:13:59 AM »

Have to agree, not at all classy. How long would a new shot have taken ? I'm assuming the relevant permissions were sought and granted ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2013, 09:43:50 AM »

I take back my "very cool" comment..

I thought it was just a picture of the 3 guys from the album photo shoot, I had no idea they photo shopped Mike out.

Not cool at all  Sad Play nice guys

anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 25, 2013, 09:47:31 AM »

Yeah, this photo alteration definitely ranks on the list of recent, un-classy, not-cool Beach Boys lineup-related moves.  LOL
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: January 25, 2013, 09:51:19 AM »

Hey, it could have been worse, they could have used the NASCAR uniforms again.  Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2013, 10:03:16 AM »

Here's the full photo, as posted on the blueboard:

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:04:08 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2013, 10:09:07 AM »

The Beach Boys really know how to act like children, don't they  LOL

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2013, 10:10:48 AM »

Least they aren't claiming to be the BBs and taking pictures with Stamos.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 25, 2013, 10:15:50 AM »

And Brian's official Twitter feed posted the photo with the line "Get ready for 2013. With @ALANJARDINE and #DavidMarks. http://www.brianwilson.com/tour "

Sounds like there may well be some announcements coming...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 25, 2013, 10:17:56 AM »

And Brian's official Twitter feed posted the photo with the line "Get ready for 2013. With @ALANJARDINE and #DavidMarks. http://www.brianwilson.com/tour "

Sounds like there may well be some announcements coming...
I hope they come to Europe for a summer tour in August or something...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: January 25, 2013, 10:35:26 AM »

That picture looks daft as f***...look at Dave's right arm, specifically near his wrist! The CATP pic was better done, and that was pre-Photoshop! LOL

I want to see that...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 25, 2013, 11:10:13 AM »

Have to agree, not at all classy. How long would a new shot have taken ? I'm assuming the relevant permissions were sought and granted ?
Is David still in California? Maybe he is on the East Coast and wasn't available for a new Pic.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: January 25, 2013, 11:10:27 AM »

If they really cut Mike and Bruce out of the photo instead of doing a new photoshoot just to get in a dig at Mike and Bruce, if anyone thinks this photo is really about being that petty and passive agressive, then the BB as a full group are toast anyway, so it kinda doesn't matter.

On the other hand, if it's a comically lazy PR thing, as I'm guessing it is, then it's just that, comically lazy. Why didn't they do a photoshoot? Who knows? Maybe they just got details of dates sorted out and they wanted to publicize it before they could fly Al out to LA or something, and this was the most recent photo of all three guys that was photoshop-able. Tacky for sure. Does it rise to the level of indignation I'm seeing? No, not at all.

And yes, I personally find the "Beach Boys" photo with Mike, Bruce, and Stamos to be far more comical, offensive, and comically offensive.  Grin

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: January 25, 2013, 11:14:25 AM »

BREAKING NEWS.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 25, 2013, 11:14:59 AM »

Love it.