gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:48:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian to play with Al and David, July in Ohio  (Read 53746 times)
JR
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2013, 02:00:36 PM »

Exactly. It's obvious he's siding with the Mike and Bruce faction, since Bruce is his inside source. Which is awesome. I greatly appreciate Andrew. But he's obvious siding with the guy that gives him a bunch of his info.

Who told you Bruce was my inside source ?  Wasn't Bruce, I'm thinking, and I know it wasn't me, because aside from any other reason, it's simply not the case. If I side with anyone or anything, it's checkable fact or plausible deduction. I don't indulge in idle, mindless or biased speculation.

Dude, we know Bruce is your inside source.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2013, 02:03:09 PM »

" I don't indulge in idle, mindless or biased speculation."

Then you simply must not be a Beach Boys fan!  J/K
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:04:06 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2013, 02:04:16 PM »

Well OK then, point by point:

Read between the lines, genius. Mike only agreed to make the album when it was thought Brian would be a part-time tour participant.

Untrue. The album was posited way before the tour was seriously considered.

Why do you think the Grammy nomination show announcement never happened? When I spoke to Mike in December 2011 and asked if they were going to do the project, he said, quickly, "If we don't kill each other first." (Uh oh - SOMEBODY OTHER THAN ANDREW TALKING TO A BEACH BOY?? OH MY!) But by then it was too late - he was already committed.

I don't think - I know why. As for Mike saying what he did... dude has a very dry SOH. Also has a very keen sense of the inter-group dynamic. He's been doing this sh*t for over 50 years: by comparison, we know precisely nothing.

AGD is the Fox News of Beach Boys information. Completely biased, impartially informed and therefore, prone to molding said information into half-truths. A mouthpiece for Mike and Bruce.

You've obviously not read my writings and opinions over the decades. People change, stances vary as new, better information is acquired or unearthed. Initially, back in the 70s, I bought the Leaf world view then, as time passed and I made my own contacts (in almost all camps - how's that for impartiality ?) I modified that view considerably. Anyone who selectively edits for their own ends is someone I'd cross a busy street to avoid. No point in doing it, you'll get caught out eventually, especially in this digital age.

AGD - you know everything?

Nope, never have, never claimed to. Can't help it if people - like you - put words in my mouth that I've never said. Guess I should be flattered.

And a piece of advice for you, AGD: try speaking the way you do to others in real life as when you're in the safety of your pajamas, on your computer. See what happens.

Anyone who knows me IRL knows that I speak my mind there too.  What happens ? Heated debate ensues. Arms are waved, insults flung, that's all. We're all too old and indolent for fisticuffs. Most uncivilized.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2013, 02:04:48 PM »

My take on this is:

Al and Mike don't really get along so well. Al wants to keep the original surviving members together.

Mike and Brian don't have problems with one another personally at this point.

Mike cares deeply about Brian but also has a business to run. Mike has serious concerns about Brian's management and Brian's health, particularly with regard to being on the road with the group's touring pace.

Dave and Bruce want to work with the group(s) in whatever capacity is available.

Nothing AGD has posted seems fabricated, or one-sided.

I'd love to see all 5 of them get back together again. But for anyone who's dealt with family, workplace and/or creative dynamics, how can we expect this would be easy?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:08:30 PM by DonnyL » Logged

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2013, 02:08:11 PM »

Exactly. It's obvious he's siding with the Mike and Bruce faction, since Bruce is his inside source. Which is awesome. I greatly appreciate Andrew. But he's obvious siding with the guy that gives him a bunch of his info.

Who told you Bruce was my inside source ?  Wasn't Bruce, I'm thinking, and I know it wasn't me, because aside from any other reason, it's simply not the case. If I side with anyone or anything, it's checkable fact or plausible deduction. I don't indulge in idle, mindless or biased speculation.

You have no idea how wrong you are.  Grin  As I've pointed out several times (do try to pay attention), I don't have a single source... and given that Bruce contacted me, I'm not dumb enough to pump the poor guy for info on a weekly basis. Go to the well too many times, it dries up.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2013, 02:09:04 PM »

Nothing AGD has posted seems fabricated, or one-sided.

sh*t. Must try harder.

TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2013, 02:43:18 PM »

Gee I'd love to know when the current BB touring licence agreement expires ... and then be a fly on the wall at the BRI meeting where the agreement is discussed.

Evil
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2013, 02:47:58 PM »

Gee I'd love to know when the current BB touring licence agreement expires ... and then be a fly on the wall at the BRI meeting where the agreement is discussed.

Evil
I want to be at the BRI meeting with popcorn in hand... Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2013, 02:51:51 PM »

You must be a relative newcomer who hasn't seen AGD's name on Beach Boys' message boards for the past two centuries. He has many sources, I'm sure. Besides, no one would rely as Bruce as a definitive source on anything Beach Boys related. Not even Mike Love. I'm not sure Bruce would even rely on himself as a Beach Boys' source.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2013, 03:24:38 PM »

Evil

25 years initially, renewable in 5 year increments after that subject to cost of living increases

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2013, 04:02:39 PM »

Evil

25 years initially, renewable in 5 year increments after that subject to cost of living increases

Start date?

Actually are you sure about that? 25 years is one hell of a generous term for any licence agreement.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 04:04:52 PM by TonyW » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2013, 04:06:19 PM »

AGD probably knows the real length

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2013, 04:47:43 PM »

The issue is deeper than that, the BBs should be all together using the name. If they are not, the name should be inactive to build up demand for future reunion tours. I think Brian and Al will stay together this time since they are fighting for something very important, the future of the BBs.

I don't think Al and Brian are fighting for the future of the Beach Boys by touring together. Or else, why did Brian agree to give Mike the touring rights to the name in the first place, or why doesn't he take it to court instead of touring with Al Jardine, which isn't going to accomplish a thing in terms of depriving Mike of the touring name rights? I think Brian and Al and Dave are just out to have fun and to keep some publicity out there for themselves, but it will have no affect on the Beach Boys' touring name rights or whether they ultimately reunite with Mike and Bruce for another tour and/or album.

I'm gonna have to agree with KittyKat on this one. SMiLE Brian, did Brian recruit Al and David for a fight? Do you view this concert as a "jab" or a "left hook"? I wonder how Al or David would feel about that, to be "used"?  Maybe Al could get out his acoustic guitar at the concert and play "Only A Pawn In Their Game". Shocked

And, is that what you think of Brian? Do you think he now performs, not for the enjoyment or for artistic reasons, but to win something? Sad...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2013, 04:58:52 PM »

When Mike agreed to the 50th celebration, he did the "right" thing for the band's legacy - but the wrong thing for himself. He gambled that Brian would do a couple legs, poop out and get tired of everyone, take off - and then Mike would say, "Oh well, I tried" and be "The Beach Boys" again.

That, sir, is complete and utter bullsh*t. You patently have no clue regarding the backstage dynamics of the entire Smile/C50 event. I say again, utter bullsh*t, and uninformed bullsh*t at that.

First of all, how do you assume I'm a sir?

Secondly...Trust me, folks - AGD either doesn't REALLY know everything that's going on backstage, or is just making it up. Or, is just listening to Bruce's side of the story (surprise).
I'd think twice about questioning Andrew on this matter. He may not know everything, but he knows enough. He surely doesn't make sh*t up, either.

Oooo...I'm scared. Not saying he makes sh*t up. Just saying his primary source may not be giving him the whole truth.
Do me a favor, don't play that babysh*t game here. Read and learn. Smiley

Do me a favor - get bent.
Do ME a favor...don't post anything like that again.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2013, 05:42:38 PM »

Who wants to be a fly-on-the-wall at a BRI meeting when one can enjoy a myriade of spectacles taking place between fellow board members?! Popcorn anyone?  Grin
BillA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2013, 08:34:35 PM »

Evil
I want to be at the BRI meeting with popcorn in hand... Grin

If the M&B show is bringing in the cash my guess is that the meeting would go well.

I would suspect that Brian and al have done okay from the M&B show.

In 1974 Mike Love's concept album Endless Summer ignited a second generation of Beach Boys fans and stirred a comeback that rocked the music world.
JR
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »

When Mike agreed to the 50th celebration, he did the "right" thing for the band's legacy - but the wrong thing for himself. He gambled that Brian would do a couple legs, poop out and get tired of everyone, take off - and then Mike would say, "Oh well, I tried" and be "The Beach Boys" again.

That, sir, is complete and utter bullsh*t. You patently have no clue regarding the backstage dynamics of the entire Smile/C50 event. I say again, utter bullsh*t, and uninformed bullsh*t at that.

First of all, how do you assume I'm a sir?

Secondly...Trust me, folks - AGD either doesn't REALLY know everything that's going on backstage, or is just making it up. Or, is just listening to Bruce's side of the story (surprise).
I'd think twice about questioning Andrew on this matter. He may not know everything, but he knows enough. He surely doesn't make sh*t up, either.

Oooo...I'm scared. Not saying he makes sh*t up. Just saying his primary source may not be giving him the whole truth.
Do me a favor, don't play that babysh*t game here. Read and learn. Smiley

Do me a favor - get bent.
Do ME a favor...don't post anything like that again.

Hello, double standard!
JR
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2013, 10:18:43 PM »

I mean seriously - AGD comes on here every day and talks to people like they're dirt. That's okay?? Come on.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2013, 10:57:38 PM »

You weren't responding to Andrew, though. Otherwise I'd let it slide.  In any case, the initial argument was along the lines of him calling what you said bullshit,which it was- those of us who know how the tour really came together know what you said was erroneous, and based on a misinterpretation of a Mike Love quote.  Your response was to say he was making things up, and then lie about that in a later post! So, you shouldn't be surprised if someone calls you out on that.

Meh...whatever. Reading the last couple of pages of this thread has given me a massive headache. I'd like to thank  those in the thread like Donny and SmileBrian who kept things on topic, though.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2013, 11:41:42 PM »

AGD probably knows the real length

Yes, but of course, if I told you, I'd just be making sh*t up.  Old Man

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2013, 11:47:36 PM »

I mean seriously - AGD comes on here every day and talks to people like they're dirt. That's okay?? Come on.

Only the ones who don't know their basic BB facts, post complete nonsense as fact or call me a liar. Congratulations - you tick all three boxes.  Grin

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:48:42 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

JR
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2013, 11:59:45 PM »

You weren't responding to Andrew, though. Otherwise I'd let it slide.  In any case, the initial argument was along the lines of him calling what you said bullsh*t,which it was- those of us who know how the tour really came together know what you said was erroneous, and based on a misinterpretation of a Mike Love quote.  Your response was to say he was making things up, and then lie about that in a later post! So, you shouldn't be surprised if someone calls you out on that.

Meh...whatever. Reading the last couple of pages of this thread has given me a massive headache. I'd like to thank  those in the thread like Donny and SmileBrian who kept things on topic, though.

Trust me - I know as much if not more. Either you guys are lying, or are full of the bullshit Andrew says I am.

And again - I challenge you: if you know so much, what's in store for this year?
JR
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2013, 12:02:04 AM »

Only the ones who don't know their basic BB facts, post complete nonsense as fact or call me a liar. Congratulations - you tick all three boxes.  Grin

Wow, being crass, pompous and (undeservedly) arrogant. But we'll let it go, right?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2013, 12:08:27 AM »

Trust me - I know as much if not more. Either you guys are lying, or are full of the bullsh*t Andrew says I am.

And again - I challenge you: if you know so much, what's in store for this year?

Ah, so now everyone who contradicts you is lying and/or full of bullsh*t. Dreadful thing, paranoia. Plus, you're doing exactly what Eeyore did, demanding I go against the wishes of my sources and break their confidence. Bad journalistic practise. Even worse manners.

And what's so hard about apologizing for calling me a liar ? You kin to Carol Kaye ?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:16:21 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

JR
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2013, 12:13:07 AM »

Trust me - I know as much if not more. Either you guys are lying, or are full of the bullsh*t Andrew says I am.

Ah, so now everyone who contradicts you is lying and/or full of bullsh*t. Dreadful thing, paranoia. Plus, you're doing exactly what Eeyore did, demanding I go against the wishes of my sources and break their confidence. Bad journalistic practise. Even worse manners.

In other words, Bruce cut you off?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx