gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681427 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 06, 2024, 04:20:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where is that %^&$@#&* MIC Box Set @#$%^&*(!!!  (Read 212984 times)
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #1200 on: March 31, 2013, 03:19:33 AM »

Christ, he's not the only person who insults people or thinks he's being 'clever,' and at least he doesn't use the word, 'Dude', which, in itself, ought to earn him time off for good behaviour.  Most of all, though, he's probably forgotten more than we'll ever know. Bring him back.
jawilsh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 31, 2013, 03:30:45 AM »

I think this board is much poorer for his absence.  I hope he comes back very soon.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 31, 2013, 04:40:56 AM »

Read Billy's posts – AGD's ban is almost through already. And I don't get the impression he's crying into his latté. He'll be back…

… I wonder if he'll be bearing news!

“We live in divisive times.”
smilethebeachboysloveyou
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 31, 2013, 08:18:23 AM »

Read Billy's posts – AGD's ban is almost through already. And I don't get the impression he's crying into his latté. He'll be back…

It would be ideal if his ban ended today, on Easter, and he returned with a prophecy about the box set.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 31, 2013, 08:43:00 AM »

It would be ideal if his ban ended today, on Easter, and he returned with a prophecy about the box set.

LOL LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 31, 2013, 09:02:33 AM »

All hail, AGD!

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 31, 2013, 09:49:31 AM »

Show us a sign!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:00:49 AM by John Manning » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1207 on: March 31, 2013, 10:15:04 AM »

actually...it did! LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1208 on: March 31, 2013, 10:20:34 AM »

don't think AGD steps out of line any more than most, and a lot less than some (including at least one moderator) --
Not me, I hope! Cool

and at least he doesn't use the word, 'Dude', which, in itself, ought to earn him time off for good behaviour.

I use 'dude' all the time LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Paulos
« Reply #1209 on: March 31, 2013, 10:48:39 AM »

Someone needs to photoshop a MIC box set onto a photo of Andrew, whatever happened to the poster Earcandy who was awesome at photoshopping stuff?
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 31, 2013, 11:05:15 AM »

I was wondering that too. His work is needed right about now.

DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1211 on: April 06, 2013, 05:44:58 PM »

Not sure if this was posted somewhere yet, but I found a music retailer website that lists the MIC box release date as 8/27.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 05:46:14 PM by DonnyL » Logged

zachrwolfe
« Reply #1212 on: April 06, 2013, 06:19:48 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:14:51 PM by zatch » Logged
PhilCohen
« Reply #1213 on: April 08, 2013, 08:43:45 PM »

By the way, if any of you have been waiting for any dramatic statement from me, there won't be any. Go back to my statement(in this thread) from December 1,2012. What I said on December 1,2012 still stands.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 08, 2013, 09:17:33 PM »

By the way, if any of you have been waiting for any dramatic statement from me, there won't be any. Go back to my statement(in this thread) from December 1,2012. What I said on December 1,2012 still stands.

If The Beach Boys box set is postponed for a similar length of time, neither Mr.Doe nor I will be alive to hear it. We're both 56 now.

Can't get anything right these days, can ya ? I'm 57.  Old Man

Which means that you have less time(than I do) to wait for this mythical CD box set.

Mythical box set? You have repeatedly said it wasn't going to happen despite everything to the contrary. Like Al telling me they were working on some leftover Radio tracks for the boxset.

Dude, you got some nerve posting this. All ya had to do was say you were wrong. Phil, put on your big boy pants.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: April 08, 2013, 09:42:51 PM »

Philly boy, I've been waiting for your return. I must ask you about this posting on Amazon:

"Arista Records has ended Brian Wilson's recording career,but not to worry;there's a lot more Beach Boys audio & video archival material in the vaults,and Wilson recently indicated that he will permit further vault projects."*

I was unaware that Brian's recording career ended in 2005! How did you gain this information? And if his recording career ended in '05, how did we get That Lucky Old Sun and That's Why God Made The Radio amongst other projects? Were these old vault projects that Capitol pulled out of their asses? Or is it possible that you were being overly negative and was made to look somewhat ridiculous later on? It's statements like the one above that make you look so ridiculous to us Phil!

*Here's the link for this utter piece of nonsense: http://www.amazon.com/review/RLFA34S486I1
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:08:35 PM by sweetdudejim » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 08, 2013, 09:46:56 PM »

Oh jeez, see Thatcher? See what happens when you privatise the asylums? G4S lets 'em out early. And as for care in the community? Well, the community gives 'em a kicking as soon as they stick their heads above the sandbags.

PhilCohen
« Reply #1217 on: April 08, 2013, 09:49:39 PM »

The box set is indeed mythical, or to use a computer industry term, it is "Vaporware". 16 months after Capitol announced this box set, there is still no box set, or even any official statement to support the idea that there is still any ongoing attempt to complete the project. And, no matter how much some of you vent your frustrations by demonizing me, the situation hasn't changed, nor is it likely to.

The Capitol executives are up in their executive suites laughing as they torture some avid fans, but the festival of fan to fan hatred that has erupted over this troubled box set project is nothing to laugh about.

The continuing discussion about this box set is indeed "Keeping The Bummer Alive". This box set, which was supposed to bring thousands of avid fans some pleasure has indeed turned into a bummer.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:42:25 AM by PhilCohen » Logged
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1218 on: April 08, 2013, 09:51:21 PM »

Good to have you back, Phil.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
GoodToMyBaby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 08, 2013, 09:53:40 PM »

The box set is indeed mythical, or to use a computer industry term, it is "Vaporware". 16 months after Capitol announced this box set, there is still no box set, or even any official statement to support the idea that there is still any ongoing attempt to complete the project. And, no matter how much some of you vent your frustrations by demonizing me, the situation hasn't changed, nor is it likely to.

The Capitol executives are up in their executive suites laughing as they torture some avid fans, but the festival of fan to fan hatred that has erupted over this troubled box set project is nothing to laugh about.

The continuing discussion about this box set is indeed "Keeping The Bummer Alive". This box set, which supposed to bring thousands of avid fans some pleasure has indeed turned into a bummer.
We got a release date today.

PhilCohen
« Reply #1220 on: April 08, 2013, 09:54:32 PM »

Philly boy, I've been waiting for your return. I must ask you about this posting on Amazon:

"Arista Records has ended Brian Wilson's recording career,but not to worry;there's a lot more Beach Boys audio & video archival material in the vaults,and Wilson recently indicated that he will permit further vault projects."*

I was unaware that Brian's recording career ended in 2005! How did you gain this information? And if his recording career ended in '05, how did we get That Lucky Old Sun and That's Why God Made The Radio amongst other projects? Were these old vault projects that Capitol pulled out of their asses? Or is it possible that you were being overly negative and was made to look somewhat ridiculous later on? It's statements like the one above that make you look so ridiculous to us Phil!"

*Here's the link for this utter piece of nonsense: http://www.amazon.com/review/RLFA34S486I1

BY THE WAY, THE QUOTES FROM MY REVIEW OF BRIAN WILSON'S CHRISTMAS ALBUM WERE TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT.  The actions of the Arista label which destroyed the album's commercial chances, involved the use of an anti-copy process of the original U.S.A.  first CD pressing; a process which was rumored to render the disc unplayable when consumers attempted to play the CD on certain car stereos or DVD players.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 08, 2013, 09:55:49 PM »

Who's the guy that comes on here sometimes and says, "It's like shootin' fish in a barrel" when addressing Phil Cohen's posts?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 08, 2013, 09:59:31 PM »

By the way, if any of you have been waiting for any dramatic statement from me, there won't be any. 

Have to admit I haven't been waiting for any kind of statement, dramatic or not.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 08, 2013, 10:06:46 PM »

By the way, if any of you have been waiting for any dramatic statement from me, there won't be any.  

Have to admit I haven't been waiting for any kind of statement, dramatic or not.
This, Phil being back in his insane denial mode and all details now to be revealed, will be like watching a long train wreck in slow motion.

Gotta be official,  it's on Wikipedia
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beach_Boys_discography#section_3
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:06:23 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 08, 2013, 10:23:02 PM »

Phil made some of his best work on here between the official announcement of a release date for TSS and it's it's eventual release..

Now that we have that for MIC I'm excited to see what he has in store for the next few months.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx