gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681571 Posts in 27644 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 16, 2024, 10:41:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where is that %^&$@#&* MIC Box Set @#$%^&*(!!!  (Read 213585 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: April 09, 2013, 03:09:14 PM »

Rock & Pop music are art forms, albeit commercial art forms, and the industry that markets this art("The music industry") is part of something called "The Entertainment Industries", that are supposed to supply something called "entertainment". As for what the fans are being put through to extract this box set from The Beach Boys & Capitol Records, I don't know what to call this process, but it certainly ain't entertainment.

Yours Truly, Keeping The Bummer Alive,

Phil

Oh aye, for life is such a trial and a burden. If only the cruel gods at Capitol, those teasing swine, would simply set a release date. Then I could get my affairs in order so that I can purchase the box, listen to it with the tears streaming down my withered, haggard face, and then step out in front of the 171 bus because life holds no more promise or hope, no sweet relief, no joy, nay, no contentment!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: April 09, 2013, 03:13:09 PM »

I am certainly entertained.  Evil
PhilCohen
« Reply #1252 on: April 09, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »

Phil made some of his best work on here between the official announcement of a release date for TSS and it's it's eventual release..

Now that we have that for MIC I'm excited to see what he has in store for the next few months.

I'll give you my best efforts, but remember, though I may have named "The Wall of Secrecy", credit must go to Brother Records, Inc. & EMI-Capitol for inventing the wall.

Phil...you still haven't answered about how "Brian Wilson's career was ended after his Christmas album." I'd love to hear you explanation for that!

I'll answer that question. Though the Arista deal was a one-album licensing deal, it seemed to me(at the time) that if concerns about the playability of that copy-protected Christmas CD were to substantially harm sales, it would lessen the willingness of other labels to sign Brian, license his artist-owned recordings, or fund future recording projects. After all, labels base sales potential expectations on the sales of the artist's previous album.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: April 09, 2013, 04:08:48 PM »

Why the hell would other labels blame Brian for Arista's mistakes on a "first issue" CD.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1254 on: April 09, 2013, 04:30:51 PM »

Though the Arista deal was a one-album licensing deal...

No, it wasn't. As announced at the time, the Arista deal was for two albums. The option on the 2nd wasn't taken up in light of the dismal sales.

... it seemed to me(at the time) that if concerns about the playability of that copy-protected Christmas CD were to substantially harm sales, it would lessen the willingness of other labels to sign Brian, license his artist-owned recordings, or fund future recording projects. After all, labels base sales potential expectations on the sales of the artist's previous album.

Well it sure as hell dissuaded Capitol and Disney from signing him up for three more albums, didn't it. Oh, wait...

Phil, you need psychiatric help if you believe the sh*t you peddle.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:38:42 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: April 09, 2013, 04:37:35 PM »

Phil made some of his best work on here between the official announcement of a release date for TSS and it's it's eventual release..

Now that we have that for MIC I'm excited to see what he has in store for the next few months.

I'll give you my best efforts, but remember, though I may have named "The Wall of Secrecy", credit must go to Brother Records, Inc. & EMI-Capitol for inventing the wall.

Phil...you still haven't answered about how "Brian Wilson's career was ended after his Christmas album." I'd love to hear you explanation for that!

I'll answer that question. Though the Arista deal was a one-album licensing deal, it seemed to me(at the time) that if concerns about the playability of that copy-protected Christmas CD were to substantially harm sales, it would lessen the willingness of other labels to sign Brian, license his artist-owned recordings, or fund future recording projects. After all, labels base sales potential expectations on the sales of the artist's previous album.

.....? So this was confirmation that Brian Wilson's recording career was over? Or perhaps wishful thinking on your part?

It seems like you try to speak in absolutes to make yourself sound more "informed" than you are. The problem is, nobody wants to give you inside access because you make up lies.
PhilCohen
« Reply #1256 on: April 09, 2013, 05:06:13 PM »

No, it wasn't. As announced at the time, the Arista deal was for two albums. The option on the 2nd wasn't taken up in light of the dismal sales.

... it seemed to me(at the time) that if concerns about the playability of that copy-protected Christmas CD were to substantially harm sales, it would lessen the willingness of other labels to sign Brian, license his artist-owned recordings, or fund future recording projects. After all, labels base sales potential expectations on the sales of the artist's previous album.

Well it sure as hell dissuaded Capitol and Disney from signing him up for three more albums, didn't it. Oh, wait...

Re-read my explanation. I said that it seemed (AT THE TIME). That CD review was written eight years ago.
PhilCohen
« Reply #1257 on: April 09, 2013, 05:42:23 PM »

By the way, I discovered earlier today that my monthly income will drop by one-third starting in June. At the end of this year, I may have to entirely stop collecting recorded music. If the box set isn't released until 2014, I may not even be able to afford to buy it.
I guess that you guys know where I stand concerning "The Wall of Secrecy". It is all there in the posts that I've written in the past year and a half. Keep on dreaming, if that's what turns you on.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: April 09, 2013, 05:48:55 PM »

"keep dreaming"? ? ?

Isn't that you do every day when you post your crap about this "wall of secrecy". 

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: April 09, 2013, 05:55:44 PM »

By the way, I discovered earlier today that my monthly income will drop by one-third starting in June. At the end of this year, I may have to entirely stop collecting recorded music. If the box set isn't released until 2014, I may not even be able to afford to buy it.
I guess that you guys know where I stand concerning "The Wall of Secrecy". It is all there in the posts that I've written in the past year and a half. Keep on dreaming, if that's what turns you on.

Phil. I hope you get to hear the box (my own income is down to a dribble now and I have two kids to raise). But if I were in the Tower reading this, I'd deliberately bold back the box as payback for some of the bollocks you've pedalled in the last two or three years.

“We live in divisive times.”
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: April 09, 2013, 06:07:42 PM »

I've heard the conspiracy theory business has been hit hard by the recession.

My sympathies

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
PhilCohen
« Reply #1261 on: April 09, 2013, 06:46:17 PM »

"keep dreaming"? ? ?

Isn't that you do every day when you post your crap about this "wall of secrecy". 

But I have this prediction: Even if the box set isn't released this year, many of you will still be insisting that the box will be released in 2014, 2015, 2016 etc. , correct?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: April 09, 2013, 06:50:11 PM »

It has been announced for release in August. Look, if insiders are laughing at you, shouldn't you take that as a sign the box set is still on track. What kind of pleasure do you get being a downer to the fans here?

PhilCohen
« Reply #1263 on: April 09, 2013, 06:53:33 PM »

It has been announced for release in August. Look, if insiders are laughing at you, shouldn't you take that as a sign the box set is still on track. What kind of pleasure do you get being a downer to the fans here?

One of the reports is on Wikipedia, and the other is on a website that independently reports on CD reissues & vault projects, but has there been any announcement from Capitol Records or through any official Beach Boys website?
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: April 09, 2013, 06:58:56 PM »

One of the reports is on Wikipedia, and the other is on a website that independently reports on CD reissues & vault projects, but has there been any announcement from Capitol Records or through any official Beach Boys website?
Besides the announcement Capitol Records has ALREADY made? More to come shortly, stand by.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: April 09, 2013, 07:01:12 PM »

Re-read my explanation. I said that it seemed (AT THE TIME). That CD review was written eight years ago.

Problem is, you never wrote that "it seemed" that his recording career was over. You stated it as a definitive fact. Just like you do with most of the other nonsense  you post. All you needed to do was add "in my opinion." Instead someone not knowledgeable about Brian Wilson could've read that review could've came away thinking he retired, which is nowhere near the case, even 8 years forward now. Stop spreading nonsense and no one will hold you accountable for the crap you spew.

Honestly Phil, I'm really disappointed that the box set isn't out yet. I can't wait to hear the new, unreleased stuff that's on there. I've grown kinda tired of waiting though, and it does suck that they haven't given us any real information on it since it was announced. Shoot, they didn't even give us the title. But the problem with you is that you look at this stuff as "product" and "the industry" and whatnot, instead of enjoying the music it seems. And when it finally gets announced, you deny it. That's just nonsensical. Yes, it sucks it's taken so long to come out, but it is indeed coming out soon, why not be happy about that?
PhilCohen
« Reply #1266 on: April 09, 2013, 07:01:54 PM »

By the way, if any of you have been waiting for any dramatic statement from me, there won't be any.  

Have to admit I haven't been waiting for any kind of statement, dramatic or not.
This, Phil being back in his insane denial mode and all details now to be revealed, will be like watching a long train wreck in slow motion.

Gotta be official,  it's on Wikipedia
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beach_Boys_discography#section_3

Wikipedia articles are built by the people who read Wikipedia, with information(whether correct or not) supplied by those readers.
PhilCohen
« Reply #1267 on: April 09, 2013, 07:05:17 PM »

Besides the announcement Capitol Records has ALREADY made? More to come shortly, stand by.

An announcement made in December 2011, which has yet to result in an actual "product". "Product" is a music biz expression.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: April 09, 2013, 07:11:26 PM »

Cannot wait to buy the new box, new "product" always comes out early in Australia. The SMiLE Sessions did, TWGMTR and The Greatest Hits package did also!! I have been told to be patient and save my money till August!! How good is the last few years been to be a Beach Boys fan!! HEAPS of new stuff from Brian-TLOS, Gershwin and Disney, what an output, hey Phil!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: April 09, 2013, 07:18:25 PM »

http://www.wmmr.com/music/news/story.aspx?ID=1931764

Via EMI August 2012. Obviously,  the release date is now 8/27/2013

http://www.antimusic.com/news/12/August/13Beach_Boys_50th_Anniversary_Reissues,_Box_Set_and_Exhibit_Coming.shtml
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:23:59 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: April 09, 2013, 07:34:14 PM »

An announcement made in December 2011, which has yet to result in an actual "product". "Product" is a music biz expression.
Make you a deal Phil, if the boxset comes out in August, you agree to permanently leave the board.
No boxset, I will be your board bitch and yes man forever.

Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: April 09, 2013, 08:04:14 PM »

Phil always says the same stuff and has continuously been proven wrong. Why do people still take the bait? It's not like it's even a productive conversation since everyone just repeats their points ad nauseum, albeit worded slightly differently each time.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: April 09, 2013, 08:22:54 PM »

Phil always says the same stuff and has continuously been proven wrong. Why do people still take the bait? It's not like it's even a productive conversation since everyone just repeats their points ad nauseum, albeit worded slightly differently each time.

Yeah, we know that, but it's so hilarious each and every time. Phil is entertainment. I know the box is coming cause Al told me it was.  After all, he broke the news on the Smile Sessions box.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1273 on: April 09, 2013, 11:31:14 PM »

No 'if' about it - they are, loudly and repeatedly. Phil is a source of immense amusement to those who really do know what's going on.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1274 on: April 10, 2013, 12:04:28 AM »

I've heard the conspiracy theory business has been hit hard by the recession.

Did you know that as early as the 1950s the CIA developed a virus that makes people believe in conspiracy theories? And they're still denying it, laughing at us!

How did Phil get past the moderators anyway? He's ruining threads again! Ha, I know! It's a conspiracy by the moderators to annoy us - wait! It's a conspiracy by the moderators to annoy ME, me only!!!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 12:05:24 AM by Micha » Logged

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx