-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:50:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Four more years!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Four more years!  (Read 120657 times)
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 09:28:55 AM »

Your posts so far demonstrate that you are in no position to even begin to comment on reality.

LOL  Fair enough. 

Oh, just one more thing... this reality-thing, that I know nothing about... won't need me to comment on it.

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2012, 09:32:56 AM »

Your posts so far demonstrate that you are in no position to even begin to comment on reality.

LOL  Fair enough.  

Oh, just one more thing... this reality-thing, that I know nothing about... won't need me to comment on it.

Can you demonstrate at all that you haven't been entirely misunderstanding my posts today? Can you show me one piece of evidence about death panels that hasn't since been discredited with actual analysis? Or is your proof solely something that you claim will happen in the future? Boy, I haven't seen that line of reasoning before! I'm glad you can laugh at it though...
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2012, 09:45:07 AM »

Bruce Johnston is angrily downing yet another Pacifico...staring dumbfounded at the flickering teevee screen Evil

I'm a happy man tonight. Very very happy.

That made me laugh! I just picture good ol' BJ sitting there all bummed sippin' a brewski.  And Mike too, who more than likely voted for a guy who changed positions on issues more times than his underwear.  Romoney musta re-invented himself a hundred times.

And, like you Ched, I'm happy and I raised a toast to Barrack last night.  California wasn't really a factor (even with 55 electoral votes) but my state sure slam dunked it on home last night, didinit?  Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 10:15:01 AM »

Go on, pretend you aren't glad Romney lost. I dare ya.  Grin

Four more years of political gridlock, empty rhetoric ("Hope!" "Change!"), empty promises ("We'll cut the deficit in half!"), economic decline, and unobjective bickering between two completely dysfunctional parties.  Whilst Romney was never considered the optimal Republican candidate, he did have a record of success.  Obama does not. 

To steal and rename a famous line from Chris Rock: "What the f_ck did we win?!  Every day I check my mailbox for my Obama prize...nuthin'!"

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2012, 10:18:14 AM »

I mentioned yesterday that I hated Obummer and somebody told me I was racist. Maybe when his next 4 years are over they should look for a candidate who is black, gay and in a wheelchair and then no one will dare criticize them.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:19:15 AM by Mike's Beard IV: Beards In Space » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Exapno Mapcase
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2012, 10:28:06 AM »

Wow.  The ignorance here is stunning.  Reminds me of when I was in Russia years ago and several people I met had such a narrow, bigoted view of the west from years of listening to (and not questioning) tired demagogues and their view of the world.

Honk! Honk!
Exapno Mapcase
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »

And nice to see you use a picture of a child abuser for your avatar.  Ah, humor...

Honk! Honk!
Paulos
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2012, 10:30:51 AM »

Tell yrself that whilst decent healthcare becomes the norm, la.

Really?  The same government that can't prepare or respond to a hurricane is going to deliver better healthcare than we have today?  That makes total sense to me.

Oh wait...you only said "decent" healthcare will become "the norm."  That makes sense now.  My family's great healthcare will become "decent."  Define decent -- no, wait -- don't.  I'm tired of propaganda and bumper stickers.  I'll allow reality to define what decent healthcare will mean for everyone.

Reality's coming.  Tick, tock...

Hype lives in a country where coverage is universal and a woman can go to the hospital where she is refused treatment because government drone "doctors" think that cancer is "nerve pain and anxiety". I dare you to watch the video in the link below and still tell me you supported socialized medicine.

John Bull's tyranny has gone to the point where you basically can't get treatment at all if you're sick, regardless of whether or not you can pay for it. Stay classy, England. Stay classy. If there's one country governed by people with no regard for human life, it's England.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2215532/My-sisters-cervical-cancer-misdiagnosed-30-times-mother-wrongly-told-suffering-anxiety.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Shocked

Not sure why you hate us English so much TRBB. Our government is terrible but I don't think they have quite the disregard for human life that say the Zimbabwean or Syrian governments have or indeed the good ol' U.S.A.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2012, 10:36:23 AM »

LOL  Fair enough.  

Can you demonstrate at all that you haven't been entirely misunderstanding my posts today? Can you show me one piece of evidence about death panels that hasn't since been discredited with actual analysis? Or is your proof solely something that you claim will happen in the future? Boy, I haven't seen that line of reasoning before! I'm glad you can laugh at it though...
tick, tock...

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2012, 10:43:40 AM »

LOL  Fair enough.  

tick, tock...

In other words, yes, your proof is solely something that you claim will happen in the future.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2012, 10:45:59 AM »

Whilst Romney was never considered the optimal Republican candidate, he did have a record of success. 

Not anymore.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2012, 10:55:43 AM »

And nice to see you use a picture of a child abuser for your avatar.  Ah, humor...

You're right, using an image of a dead child abuser as my avatar is in poor taste. Instead I have decided to use a picture of my favourite director Roman Polanski.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Exapno Mapcase
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2012, 11:01:35 AM »

You wag!

Seriously, he should be locked up too. I just dread to think what other showbiz stars were up to at the time (and, yeah, I know about Jimmy Page and the 14 year-old and that David Bowie had (allegedly) been there first when she was 13) - including some of the Boys...

What is it that Gaines says about Dennis?  If the girl was underage, he would only go down on her...?

Honk! Honk!
BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2012, 11:17:44 AM »

Hahaha...

There's nothing funnier than watching Americans try to talk about politics.

'ooh ooh! Here's some right wing propaganda from the Daily fucking Mail, this PROVES that poor people should get the freedom to die in the streets'

LOL LOL

Jason
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2012, 11:26:11 AM »

Tell yrself that whilst decent healthcare becomes the norm, la.

Really?  The same government that can't prepare or respond to a hurricane is going to deliver better healthcare than we have today?  That makes total sense to me.

Oh wait...you only said "decent" healthcare will become "the norm."  That makes sense now.  My family's great healthcare will become "decent."  Define decent -- no, wait -- don't.  I'm tired of propaganda and bumper stickers.  I'll allow reality to define what decent healthcare will mean for everyone.

Reality's coming.  Tick, tock...

Hype lives in a country where coverage is universal and a woman can go to the hospital where she is refused treatment because government drone "doctors" think that cancer is "nerve pain and anxiety". I dare you to watch the video in the link below and still tell me you supported socialized medicine.

John Bull's tyranny has gone to the point where you basically can't get treatment at all if you're sick, regardless of whether or not you can pay for it. Stay classy, England. Stay classy. If there's one country governed by people with no regard for human life, it's England.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2215532/My-sisters-cervical-cancer-misdiagnosed-30-times-mother-wrongly-told-suffering-anxiety.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Shocked

Not sure why you hate us English so much TRBB. Our government is terrible but I don't think they have quite the disregard for human life that say the Zimbabwean or Syrian governments have or indeed the good ol' U.S.A.

My bile is not directed at the British people as much as it is at the British government. I've had no problems with British people as of yet and I hope it stays that way.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2012, 11:34:28 AM »

Whilst Romney was never considered the optimal Republican candidate, he did have a record of success.  

Not anymore.

He meant business success.  (Now who has the problem understanding discussions?   Wink  Score one for reality.)

Business success, financial success is the kind of success the country could have used.  That's reality.  Real success.  Real results.  Romney is a good man.  Obama and Biden could have learned something from him.  But it's hard to win popularity contests when you have to first "humanize" yourself and defend yourself against claims that you hate women and that you killed somebody's wife.

All Obama had to do was...well, here -- I'll let her enlighten you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 11:35:31 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2012, 11:44:11 AM »

He meant business success.  (Now who has the problem understanding discussions?   Wink  Score one for reality.)

It was a joke, so the answer to your question is still you.

Business success, financial success is the kind of success the country could have used.  That's reality.  Real success.  Real results.

As Business Insider reported in October, Romney was suggesting an economic policy that has plunged Europe into an even deeper crisis. The "Real results" of Romney's economic plan is not "success" but rather, failure and that is mostly derived from his overall lack of understanding of how economies work.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2012, 11:45:33 AM »

In other words, yes, your proof is solely something that you claim will happen in the future.
So, looking FORWARD is bad?

I've said for years:  the opposite of what the Left says is true.

BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2012, 11:50:10 AM »

Business success, financial success is the kind of success the country could have used.  That's reality.  Real success.  Real results.  Romney is a good man.

Romney's type of success:

Take a functioning American company, sack the staff, farm their jobs out to the people who'll do it for the least money (used to be China, but now they are upping their prices), call the former American staff whingers or scroungers. Deny them any state help, because then people might discover there's a massive hole where all the tax you ought to have paid is. Watch them rot in poverty, because all that matters is lining the pockets of the super rich.

I don't expect you to understand this of course, because American political discussion is like watching a bunch of Monkeys playing with a football.

Also, your above post is a cracking example of 'clang association' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clanging

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2012, 11:58:09 AM »

So, looking FORWARD is bad?

Since I do not support Obama in any way, and never have, and have actively and repeatedly said as much here, I should fail to see why you should use his empty, meaningless, rhetorical logo in an attempt to undermine my point. This moment reveals two things. One: you are an enormous ignoramus. I have made my own political position clear with you a number of times but you are so utterly incapable of even comprehending what independent thought means, that you can only categorize me as an Obama supporter just because I happen to call attention to the ongoing falsities and lapses of logic and absence of anything resembling an actual argument in your statements, which is why in your lack of knowledge about anything political you can only resort to catchphrases like "death panels" and "Forward" because you have no real knowledge of the political world. Naturally, since I don't like Romney then I must be beholden to the all important Obama logo!  Roll Eyes And Two: You are incapable of actually responding to my points. If all you can muster as a response is a logo and some pithy question that relies on caps lock to make its point, then you quite simply have nothing of substance to say nor are you willing to actually engage with substance.

I've said for years:  the opposite of what the Left says is true.

Nothing pleases me more to hear someone with your level of critique making an observation like that.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 11:59:40 AM by rockandroll » Logged
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2012, 12:41:13 PM »

"The more ignorant a man is the more he knows, positively and indignantly"

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2012, 04:57:44 PM »

the only
real change yesterday happened in the states of washington and colorado. they took a bigger step in a single day towards ending the drug war in mexico than obama has in the past 4 years. unfortunately it'll take a lot more than just 2 states legalizing pot to put a big dent in the cartels' profits.

everything else is just more of the same. we've rested on our laurels and let everything go to hell and instead of working towards actual change we just ignore it and pretend everything is going just peachy because there's a democrat in the white house. sad but true. people are so wrapped up in their little political parties that they donate billions of dollars to these rich fucks so they can continue to spend way too much of your money on things that aren't benefiting you or your fellow countryman.

get to know your neighbors well because when things go wrong the government isn't always going to be there to help you out. it's always too little too late with them when disaster strikes. they get so stuck trying to fix past problems that they forget to look ahead and before you know it it's the apocalypse and you're riding around in a dune buggy shooting at zombies because you need to reunite with your family because you got separated when the boat they escaped on capsized but they managed to make it to shore before you were swept away by the current and got saved by a dolphin trained by a mermaid. you know they survived because you found a note, though it was hastily written and unfinished. it was obvious the zombies had been through there. the old man you were trying to save laid there maimed. they must've scaled these steep cliffs; it looks like the only way off this beach. shortly after reaching the top you hear a scream. by the time you get there it's already too late and you have to take down these 3 zombies and the now infected woman with this piece of driftwood i forgot to tell you you carried up the cliff.

No mas, por favor.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2012, 05:15:42 PM »

Congratulations, you either just blindingly satirised what is wrong with American political discourse today or you are just crazy. Think the dolphins trained by mermaids is tipping me towards the former, tbh.  Grin
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:18:30 PM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2012, 09:26:19 PM »

the only
real change yesterday happened in the states of washington and colorado. they took a bigger step in a single day towards ending the drug war in mexico than obama has in the past 4 years. unfortunately it'll take a lot more than just 2 states legalizing pot to put a big dent in the cartels' profits.

I really wonder how the Obama administration is going to respond, they absolutely do not want to see pot legalized, but if they try and enforce federal law in spite of the measure they're only going to alienate a lot of voters from the party.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Jason
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2012, 09:38:15 PM »

I think people would have voted for him regardless, purely because they didn't want to be exposed as the racists they obviously are.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: