gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 08:51:48 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where can I buy An American Family?  (Read 6646 times)
halblaineisgood
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 04:18:38 PM »

Wouldn't you love to hear a Mike Love commentary track of it.
I want a criterion  4 tha scholarz edish w/ high rez  digital transfahs,  multiple commentaries (Mike Love remote from Tahoe, a  Kevin Dunn solo , Andrew G.Doe,   and one where they don't watch it with  Kevin Dunn, Mike Love and John Stamos... you name it!  Grin) and as far as other supplementals , ontor your endless syncopations will be just the tip of the iceberg...I'm talkin press junkets, german dubs,outtakes galore...like I said, you name it.!!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:19:32 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 12:14:44 AM »

As was previously mentioned... it was never officially released.  The chances of it even existing in the digital realm are slim to none... especially since most BB fans consider it to be a piece of garbage.  I have a VHS copy taped off of the television when it originally aired somewhere in our basement.  That said... good luck in your search... but personally... I think you might be chasing your tail.  I just don't think it's out there to be had.

It shouldn't be THAT hard to find - it aired at least a dozen times in the past couple months on VH1 Classic...but officially, right...no.

It's also been run -- uncut and in HD -- on both HDNet Movies and the Sony Movie Channel in the last year, as well as in edited form on WGN HD.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 12:32:22 AM »

I'm building up my movie collection and I need that plus it's one of my girlfriend's favorite movies. Grin It actually played a big part in getting her into the Beach Boys.
I can't find it anywhere on Amazon...Super bummed out. Sad

it has its moments, f.ex., the scene with Brian's tape-recorded answers "no" & "yes" or the band doing Add Some Music at Brian's home studio.
where did you pick up that fancy new shorthand?  I must try it sometime. Looks classy! Saves space!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 12:51:01 AM »

I believe you can buy it...

IN HELL  Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Kool-Aid Man

halblaineisgood
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2012, 12:56:21 AM »

I believe you can buy it...

IN HELL  Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Kool-Aid Man
Wall ERGH, ARGH!! !!!!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:01:07 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2012, 12:59:26 AM »

And yes, the Kool-Aid Man is in hell too.

KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2012, 09:21:49 PM »

If a person seeks out any old movies, TV shows, and music shows that are not commercially available or currently in print, I recommend a website called ioffer.com. It seems to have more things on it than EBay. EBay is rather odd in that they often crack down on things that are not commercially available, but do nothing to stop people from selling bootlegs of commercially available DVD product on both EBay and Half.com.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2012, 09:27:20 PM »

I'm building up my movie collection and I need that plus it's one of my girlfriend's favorite movies. Grin It actually played a big part in getting her into the Beach Boys.
I can't find it anywhere on Amazon...Super bummed out. Sad

it has its moments, f.ex., the scene with Brian's tape-recorded answers "no" & "yes" or the band doing Add Some Music at Brian's home studio.
where did you pick up that fancy new shorthand?  I must try it sometime. Looks classy! Saves space!
I created it randomly myself. Never thought of it & any other shorthand as classy. I just type in my usual style. But glad if you liked it.

If only I understood this shorthand. I just keep reading it as FedEx.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
meltedwhiskeyinmyhand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2012, 06:57:33 AM »

If a person seeks out any old movies, TV shows, and music shows that are not commercially available or currently in print, I recommend a website called ioffer.com. It seems to have more things on it than EBay. EBay is rather odd in that they often crack down on things that are not commercially available, but do nothing to stop people from selling bootlegs of commercially available DVD product on both EBay and Half.com.

I've used Ioffer a couple times in the past and have had good experiences.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2012, 07:13:08 AM »

As was previously mentioned... it was never officially released.  The chances of it even existing in the digital realm are slim to none... especially since most BB fans consider it to be a piece of garbage.  I have a VHS copy taped off of the television when it originally aired somewhere in our basement.  That said... good luck in your search... but personally... I think you might be chasing your tail.  I just don't think it's out there to be had.

It shouldn't be THAT hard to find - it aired at least a dozen times in the past couple months on VH1 Classic...but officially, right...no.

It's also been run -- uncut and in HD -- on both HDNet Movies and the Sony Movie Channel in the last year, as well as in edited form on WGN HD.

Like, I can be a stickler for watching sh*t in HD.... but American Family? Ye gods.

Also Newguy, if you watch Summer Dreams you will end up hating The Beach Boys and possibly the notion of recorded sound itself.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
andy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »

The music's not cleared for DVD or digital release, and as things currently stand, there's 1-2% chance it will come out in those mediums.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2012, 07:10:37 PM »

Like, I can be a stickler for watching sh*t in HD.... but American Family? Ye gods.

Also Newguy, if you watch Summer Dreams you will end up hating The Beach Boys and possibly the notion of recorded sound itself.
To be honest I love that movie it had hilarious moments that had me like "WTF Is this a parody?" Those beards really freaked me out and the way the dude portrayed Brian was comical. We had a great Denny in that movie and a chunky Mike sh*t you can't go wrong with that hahahaha  LOL
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2012, 09:01:09 PM »

You're out of the band, Buckwheat!

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx