gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680821 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 02:03:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BW & Band: private show @ House of Blues, Dallas (October 12th 2012)  (Read 34458 times)
Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2012, 10:03:01 PM »

Totally agree with Pretty Funky (and many others) here.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this board Mr. Lawlor.  Your presence is informative, illuminating and refreshing.  We hope to hear more from you.
Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2012, 04:52:48 AM »

Thanks for the kind words; very nice of you !  Regarding releasing DVD's of RAH and all that, I have no clue nor not one iota of input....if I did , that show would be the centerpiece of any live concert release; on disc or DVD. I never thought I would see a better Beach Boys concert than February 1971 at Carnagie Hall in NYC; RAH was it; Wembley is in the discussion.

Not enough has been said about how great the band was/is on this tour....Jeff, Scott B, Darian , Paul ,Probyn, John, Mikie, Scott T , Nelson, Nicky ( till he took ill); and Ritchie Davis coming in to mix the show at RAH and Wembley ....none of this happens without those guys pumping it out every show, and re-creating the sound and feel of those great records.

I totally understand why Brian did not want it to end ....

Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2012, 06:53:34 AM »

Thanks for sharing, Ray. I guess part of the reason we're having this discussion is that Brian wasn't the only one who didn't want it to end.  I saw the guys in Cincinnati, and was blown away. I hope to one day see them together like this again. If not, it really was a great ride.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2012, 08:28:20 AM »

Thanks for the kind words; very nice of you !  Regarding releasing DVD's of RAH and all that, I have no clue nor not one iota of input....if I did , that show would be the centerpiece of any live concert release; on disc or DVD. I never thought I would see a better Beach Boys concert than February 1971 at Carnagie Hall in NYC; RAH was it; Wembley is in the discussion.

Not enough has been said about how great the band was/is on this tour....Jeff, Scott B, Darian , Paul ,Probyn, John, Mikie, Scott T , Nelson, Nicky ( till he took ill); and Ritchie Davis coming in to mix the show at RAH and Wembley ....none of this happens without those guys pumping it out every show, and re-creating the sound and feel of those great records.

I totally understand why Brian did not want it to end ....

Erm, Ray, where were you sat at RAH? Wondering if that was me all teared-up during Summer's Gone…? !   Row 7…

“We live in divisive times.”
Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2012, 08:36:01 AM »

John.   I was sitting right by you.....I thought I was in row 5 ......did you turn around and tell the guy behind you to shut the hell up as he had not stopped talking through the whole first half ? If so I guess I was in row 7 !
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2012, 08:50:21 AM »

Ah, no, that guy was in Row 5, two rows in front of me!  Wish he'd had a word with the ladies in Row 6 after the intermission too!

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2012, 09:12:02 AM »

Mike has said that originally Brian was possibly only going to play a few of the concerts at major cities. There obviously was a change of mind to go from that to close to 75 shows.

Mike may have said that, but fact is that the tour contracts - before the extension - stipulated Brian's presence at all C50 shows.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2012, 09:37:12 AM »

My point is that the whole reunion was done in line with what Brian (or Melinda) wanted. Mike (or Jacqui) agreed to compromise and so we got what we got. Brian`s camp obviously have changed their minds about a lot of things to do with the Beach Boys both before and during the reunion. Mike hasn`t really as he clearly always intended to go back out with Bruce from October onwards. Hence the problem now.

Your premise that "the whole reunion was done in line with what Brian (or Melinda) wanted" is thought-provoking, but wasn't the case at all. There was considerable compromise on both sides, and the notion/agreement to even do a C50 tour goes back somewhat longer than most suspect. None of the events of recent times have been conceived in isolation. I'd wager there's been some pretty high-powered horse trading been going on for some time.

Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2012, 09:47:20 AM »

John.  That guy was next to me , so I was in row 5. Yes, the ladies in row 6 were loud and obnoxious and were guests ; same as the guy sutting next to them...i saw them all backstage by the bar, pre and post show.  Saw them at Wembley as well.  
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2012, 09:58:58 AM »

Well, he certainly had no problem resuming his solo career... Roll Eyes

I expect eighty-seven f***ing pages filled with anti-Brian sentiment. If you're going to bitch about Michael doing the same thing BE f***ING CONSISTENT ABOUT IT.

Hey Mike Love fan boy, Brian was fired.  What do you expect him to do?  Wait around the house until Mike calls him up?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2012, 10:02:07 AM »

smh

Brian, by his own admission , was not fired. He just said it 'felt like' that.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:38:42 AM by Beets by Dr Dre » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2012, 10:06:56 AM »

Not enough has been said about how great the band was/is on this tour....Jeff, Scott B, Darian , Paul ,Probyn, John, Mikie, Scott T , Nelson, Nicky ( till he took ill); and Ritchie Davis coming in to mix the show at RAH and Wembley.

Who's Ritchie Davis?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2012, 10:08:07 AM »

using context clues, he is a sound engineer.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2012, 10:11:34 AM »

I expect eighty-seven f***ing pages filled with anti-Brian sentiment. If you're going to bitch about Michael doing the same thing BE f***ING CONSISTENT ABOUT IT.

Hey Mike Love fan boy, Brian was fired.  What do you expect him to do?  Wait around the house until Mike calls him up?

You don't know much about the current nonsense, do you ?  Roll Eyes

Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2012, 10:19:06 AM »

Ritchie is a great sound engineer; he has been mixing Brian's shows for several years. He also engineers for Buffett.  The mix at RAH and at Wembley had huevos !
Jason
« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2012, 10:23:24 AM »

Hey Mike Love fan boy, Brian was fired.  What do you expect him to do?  Wait around the house until Mike calls him up?

Read the last four weeks' worth of threads and articles and then come back with a response when your facts are straight.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:59:14 AM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2012, 10:25:14 AM »

Why, thank you Aegir!

"And Ritchie Davis coming in to mix the show at RAH and Wembley".

If I'd taken the time to actually read Ray's post instead of scanning it, I woulda picked up on that, huh?

P.S. Thanks, Ray!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:38:23 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2012, 10:34:04 AM »

Ritchie is a great sound engineer; he has been mixing Brian's shows for several years. He also engineers for Buffett.  The mix at RAH and at Wembley had huevos !

Eggs ?  Huh

Jason
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2012, 10:35:09 AM »

I think the correct term would be "cojones".
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2012, 10:36:12 AM »

Eggs ?  Huh

Yes, eggs.  Not only does he engineer Buffett, he also engineers buffet.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2012, 10:38:53 AM »

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:41:08 AM by Aegir » Logged

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2012, 10:39:56 AM »

LOL @ Rocky

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2012, 10:40:12 AM »

Good one, Rock.    Cheesy

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2012, 10:56:45 AM »

I think the correct term would be "cojones".

The Cuban side of my family always uses huevos to refer to testicle-based bravery. I've never heard them say cojones, but they could be doing it when I'm not around as a comment on my lack of balls.

Quick, let's... ASK A MEXICAN.

http://www.ocweekly.com/2009-07-23/columns/ask-a-mexican/

Ah, another thing to blame Hemingway for... and screenwriters.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:02:24 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2012, 11:54:57 AM »

I used to do a lot of business in Venezuela and spent countless hours in bars in Caracas.   Huevoes = balls in that vernacular .....eggs too !
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx