gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681220 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 29, 2024, 06:49:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bizzare release  (Read 3668 times)
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: October 19, 2012, 05:56:51 AM »

Surfin Safari Limited Edition Deluxe Gatefold 10 Inch Single

http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/58102.htm

Side 1
1. Surfin Safari
2. 409
Side 2
1. Isn’t It Time (This is the only physical release of the single version of this track)
2. From There To Back Again

Is this just another surreal footnote to Beach Boys history, or is it the anniversary of the original release of SS/409 or something?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 05:57:44 AM by brother john » Logged

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 06:00:05 AM »

1. Isn’t It Time (This is the only physical release of the single version of this track)

Fifty Big Jobs says hi.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 06:10:07 AM »

This has been discussed in the "Record Store Day 'Black Friday' 2012 Release" thread but this is the first I've read of it being available away from RSD and that FTTBA being included. Thanks for the heads up.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 06:15:46 AM »

What  a shame that FTTBA is being thrown away as a B-side. Easily one of the LPs three most outstanding tracks.

“We live in divisive times.”
MBE
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 06:29:10 AM »

I'll finally be able to hear the new Isn't It Time in vinyl quality I am getting this just so I can be fair to it.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 07:16:14 AM »

This has been discussed in the "Record Store Day 'Black Friday' 2012 Release" thread but this is the first I've read of it being available away from RSD and that FTTBA being included. Thanks for the heads up.

All Record Store Day stock is always available after the day itself, but it's released that day and is only available until it's sold out. My local record shop still has stock from May, for instance.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 07:24:58 AM »

I was in Cornwall over the weekend and one of the record shops there had old RSD stock from April at reduced prices.

But, alas, like in April, I'll be at my local record shop at daft o' clock in the morning!
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 07:29:01 AM »

All Record Store Day stock is always available after the day itself, but it's released that day and is only available until it's sold out. My local record shop still has stock from May, for instance.

Good call, thanks.

But something tells me I'll be following suit, Cliff, though I missed RSD earlier this year. Last time I got the Good Vibes 78 so, yet again, it's the Beach Boys dragging me out of bed in the morning LOL
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 07:40:34 AM »

What  a shame that FTTBA is being thrown away as a B-side. Easily one of the LPs three most outstanding tracks.

Think about all the gems that are placed on the B-Sides of BB singles.....it fits.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 08:34:02 AM »

Good call, thanks.

But something tells me I'll be following suit, Cliff, though I missed RSD earlier this year. Last time I got the Good Vibes 78 so, yet again, it's the Beach Boys dragging me out of bed in the morning LOL
I was quite lucky in April as there's a bakers next door who did us all bacon baguettes. I quite like the look of the Forever Changes release too
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 09:15:38 AM »

Think about all the gems that are placed on the B-Sides of BB singles.....it fits.

Exactly. In My Room, Don't Worry Baby, She Knows Me Too Well, The Warmth of the Sun, Please Let Me Wonder, Kiss Me Baby, Let Him Run Wild, Girl Don't Tell me, God Only Knows, Wake the World, Celebrate the News, This Whole World, Forever, Til I Die, Only with You, etc, etc, etc.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 04:23:49 PM »

They should throw in a bacon baguette (yum) like the threw in a bag of potato chips for "Beach Boys Sing at a Party" and I'm so there.

I wonder if anyone still has those bags of potato chips or if they ever get auctioned on E-Bay?

Good call, thanks.

I was quite lucky in April as there's a bakers next door who did us all bacon baguettes. I quite like the look of the Forever Changes release too
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 09:23:09 AM »

Kind of reminds me of the "Carl And The Passions"/"Pet Sounds" coupling...an old record paired with a new record.  Smiley
MBE
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 11:43:41 AM »

Exactly. In My Room, Don't Worry Baby, She Knows Me Too Well, The Warmth of the Sun, Please Let Me Wonder, Kiss Me Baby, Let Him Run Wild, Girl Don't Tell me, God Only Knows, Wake the World, Celebrate the News, This Whole World, Forever, Til I Die, Only with You, etc, etc, etc.
My dad grew up as a 45 buyer and he said people really did notice that The Beach Boys and The Beatles had the best b sides. It made a difference for him, as did good picture sleves.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 01:50:41 PM »

My dad grew up as a 45 buyer and he said people really did notice that The Beach Boys and The Beatles had the best b sides. It made a difference for him, as did good picture sleves.

Very fair comments. But I'd rather have the A & B sides flipped, perhaps, in this instance.  Just wanna see my boys succeed in business!

“We live in divisive times.”
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx