gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 06:14:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys: Stamos, Love, Johnston  (Read 80574 times)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: February 03, 2013, 02:35:08 AM »

Re: the Paul Simon tour, for me the funniest thing was Brian's people turning themselves inside out at the time insisting that he wasn't opening for Paul but that they were co-headliners. Yeah... right. There's some interesting tales to be told about that little jaunt.

Hrrmm, anybody want to take bets on the odds that we'll actually get a follow-up to this that actually conveys actual information about the "jaunt" rather than simply telling us that such stories exist?

In the absence of actually hearing those apparent stories, I will substitute the one story I know from that Paul Simon tour. This may well be completely common knowledge, but I learned a few years after the tour that they attempted to get both Paul and Brian on that "Dollar Bill" poster they sold during the tour, but evidently Simon or Simon's people wanted nothing to do with a poster featuring an epic depiction of money with Simon's face right on it. I know, not terribly interesting, but at least it's an actual story rather than a description that stories existGrin
Exactly. Thank you.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 03, 2013, 03:08:43 PM »

I like cheerleaders. A lot. I used to date one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJIlUgqAiNY

The one second from the right is happening.
I have no idea where that clip is from - and the cheerleaders are alright, btw - but it is sad seeing The Beach Boys...or is it the Beach Boys - playing a small stage like that, wherever it is. Looks like the kind of gig my band would do.

I can dig that, but I think it is kinda cool. Reminds me of the One Man's Challenge clip of them doing Safari. Back to the basics.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2013, 06:49:43 PM »

Re: the Paul Simon tour, for me the funniest thing was Brian's people turning themselves inside out at the time insisting that he wasn't opening for Paul but that they were co-headliners. Yeah... right. There's some interesting tales to be told about that little jaunt.

Hrrmm, anybody want to take bets on the odds that we'll actually get a follow-up to this that actually conveys actual information about the "jaunt" rather than simply telling us that such stories exist?

In the absence of actually hearing those apparent stories, I will substitute the one story I know from that Paul Simon tour. This may well be completely common knowledge, but I learned a few years after the tour that they attempted to get both Paul and Brian on that "Dollar Bill" poster they sold during the tour, but evidently Simon or Simon's people wanted nothing to do with a poster featuring an epic depiction of money with Simon's face right on it. I know, not terribly interesting, but at least it's an actual story rather than a description that stories exist.  Grin

AGD withholding the goods  Grin

That's interesting. At least Brian's people understand he opens for nobody

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 03, 2013, 07:59:59 PM »

Yeah, that's true. Brian opens for nobody. But I'm sure Paul Simon regretted even asking Brian on that tour in the first place. They really aren't musically compatible and I wonder what kind of reaction Brian got outside of whatever fans came just for him. I'd have to think people may have been mystified by a guy sitting at his keyboard, not playing it, and looking uncomfortable.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 03, 2013, 08:06:03 PM »

In the absence of actually hearing those apparent stories, I will substitute the one story I know from that Paul Simon tour. This may well be completely common knowledge, but I learned a few years after the tour that they attempted to get both Paul and Brian on that "Dollar Bill" poster they sold during the tour, but evidently Simon or Simon's people wanted nothing to do with a poster featuring an epic depiction of money with Simon's face right on it. I know, not terribly interesting, but at least it's an actual story rather than a description that stories exist.  Grin

Shady - I realize that people have their rightful preferences, but, we're basically all "Brian's people."  Wink
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 04, 2013, 02:50:11 AM »

Apart from Paul Simon.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 04, 2013, 09:18:31 AM »

Apart from Paul Simon.

LOL LOL

But they were duped  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 16, 2013, 07:07:16 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/on-the-town/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/2/16/exclusive_backstage_.html

I can't get the video to work. Anything new?
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 16, 2013, 07:56:00 PM »

New facts for me...

-Bruce Johnston is a vegetarian
-Bruce Johnston is a country fan (and not really a Turtles fan...)
-Mike and Bruce both tried and succeeded in dodging reunion questions
gfac22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 17, 2013, 06:10:53 AM »

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 17, 2013, 06:26:33 AM »

Bruce is crazy.  Grin
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 17, 2013, 07:25:14 AM »

Click on the video; when that doesn't work, scroll below the video to where it's listed as one of many  and hit that, it should work then; did for me

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 17, 2013, 07:59:49 AM »

The setlist is up on lastfm from Seaworld...nothing surprising but, has anyone seen any from the other Florida shows? Curious as to any changes.
relx
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 17, 2013, 08:16:11 AM »

In her flirty, "I love you guys" way, the reporter actually snuck in some good questions. Referring to them doing their "Mke and Bruce" thing, which made Bruce quickly interject,"we're The Beach Boys," as well as asking about the process of writing new material, which forced Mike to completely change the subject, as he obviously did not want to mention Brian at all. For those who are upset about the reunion not continuing, it was interesting to see this kind of interview, in which Mike and Bruce had to deflect questions about the future--yes, we're The Beach Boys, but we're also not The Beach Boys at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 08:17:23 AM by relx » Logged
G.C
« Reply #314 on: February 17, 2013, 08:17:42 AM »

Is Bruce really a vegetarian?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 17, 2013, 09:00:44 AM »

Only because he avoids the meat of interviews

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 17, 2013, 09:04:01 AM »

Yes. See this interview, for example -- http://www.angelfire.com/art/jhproductions/johnston.html .

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
jimmy1949
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 17, 2013, 09:13:54 AM »

Paul Simon is one of the biggest assholes in show business.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 17, 2013, 10:13:14 AM »

Got it working. Thanks!

'Mike and Bruce little tour'! Countless comments over the years on this site but she came up with a zinger. Grin
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 17, 2013, 10:23:19 AM »

They said nothing. . . .what Zen masters.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 17, 2013, 11:01:15 AM »

*sigh* least I got MIC to look forward to.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 17, 2013, 11:22:04 AM »

well, better that they said nothing than something definitive about that all being "over"
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 17, 2013, 01:49:14 PM »

Yes, he is. There's a veggie burger recipe from him somewhere online.

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 17, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »

I like cheerleaders. A lot. I used to date one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJIlUgqAiNY

The one second from the right is happening.
I have no idea where that clip is from - and the cheerleaders are alright, btw - but it is sad seeing The Beach Boys...or is it the Beach Boys - playing a small stage like that, wherever it is. Looks like the kind of gig my band would do.

don't worry man, that aint The Beach Boys, just two of their less likable members doing their songs
halblaineisgood
« Reply #324 on: February 17, 2013, 03:05:08 PM »

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 09:28:03 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx