gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:06:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What if The Beach Boys were to have broke up around the Late 70s?  (Read 26617 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 04:45:03 AM »

My first thought when I read that was that you meant Foskett simply would not exist if the band did indeed break up then.

Al Jardine would have done a Ringo and gone into narrating folksy childrens TV shows, I bet.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 05:11:02 AM »

There would be no Foskett.

The dude has (or at least had) a life outside of the band. Before he even joined the Beach Boys he was in The Pranks (I think you can blog their demos), a really cool power pop band. He has numerous solo releases - don't love the production but his songwriting skills are solid. And he knows when to throw in some sleighbells and castanets for the proper effect.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2012, 06:55:31 AM »

There would be no Foskett.

It's Foskett who doesn't like Love You, right?

Can't get my head around that.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 02:40:54 PM »

If the Beach Boys permanently broke up in 1977 at that airport, I think this would have happened:

Brian would release Adult/Child as a solo album, and his physical health would decline. After that I guess it would be the same as what actually happened, with Landy and his solo albums.

Dennis would be successful in releasing Bambu, to critical acclaim. He would never marry Shawn Love, and would most likely have been with someone else. In 1983, there's an intervention by Carl and Dennis's close friends to get Dennis to go to rehab. It was a success and Dennis would continue to release great solo albums, often with the collaboration of Carl.

Carl would release a few solo albums, but would mainly focus on helping other artists, including Dennis. He would still get cancer in 1996 - that is unavoidable - and sadly dies in 1998. As a result, Brian and Dennis collaborate on a tour in the memory of Carl.

Mike would release one solo album, and then would join Bruce and Dean Torrence in the oldies circut, where he continues to tour today. He successfully reconciled with Carl shortly before Carl died.

Al would tour on his own, and make the occasional solo album, but would mainly focus on working with Brian occasionally.

David would re-unite with Dennis in the early-2000's, and are still working together to this day.

Blondie and Ricky continue working with other artists to this day, with Blondie occasionally performing Sail On, Sailor.

As for the Beach Boys image, it would remain for the most part untainted, and would most likely have been held in high regard to the general public similar to the Beatles.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2014, 03:09:01 PM »

If the Beach Boys permanently broke up in 1977 at that airport, I think this would have happened:

Brian would release Adult/Child as a solo album, and his physical health would decline. After that I guess it would be the same as what actually happened, with Landy and his solo albums.

Dennis would be successful in releasing Bambu, to critical acclaim. He would never marry Shawn Love, and would most likely have been with someone else. In 1983, there's an intervention by Carl and Dennis's close friends to get Dennis to go to rehab. It was a success and Dennis would continue to release great solo albums, often with the collaboration of Carl.

Carl would release a few solo albums, but would mainly focus on helping other artists, including Dennis. He would still get cancer in 1996 - that is unavoidable - and sadly dies in 1998. As a result, Brian and Dennis collaborate on a tour in the memory of Carl.

Mike would release one solo album, and then would join Bruce and Dean Torrence in the oldies circut, where he continues to tour today. He successfully reconciled with Carl shortly before Carl died.

Al would tour on his own, and make the occasional solo album, but would mainly focus on working with Brian occasionally.

David would re-unite with Dennis in the early-2000's, and are still working together to this day.

Blondie and Ricky continue working with other artists to this day, with Blondie occasionally performing Sail On, Sailor.

As for the Beach Boys image, it would remain for the most part untainted, and would most likely have been held in high regard to the general public similar to the Beatles.

Let's face it: It's far more important that BB songs like "Going to The Beach" and "Problem Child" came to exist, as opposed to the alternate reality hypothesized above.  Grin

But seriously, I think you're probably about 65-70% accurate with what might have actually happened.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 05:44:23 PM »

I agree with everything but the Dennis surviving part. There`s no way he would have even made it to 1990.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
beacharg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 06:01:08 PM »

I also love "Sunshine." So happy and fun. It's got teh hooks
Really? I thought no one - except me - likes Sunshine. Glad to know that someone does.

We are 3!!! Rock!
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 06:11:51 PM »

This is by far the best case scenario but I just don't think Dennis could have ever gotten it together.

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
bluesno1fann
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 08:27:20 PM »

This is by far the best case scenario but I just don't think Dennis could have ever gotten it together.

With the right support, it may be possible.
Everyone said the same thing about Brian in the early-80's, but look what happened.
Also there was a plan involving Carl for an intervention on New Years Day 1984 for Dennis. Had Dennis not drowned on the 28th and make it to the intervention, he may still be alive today.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx