gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680880 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 07:21:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: History of BW in one take  (Read 6383 times)
PS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2012, 01:05:19 PM »

Pretty damn clever and very efficient.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljiWYQYjutw&feature=youtu.be
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 01:07:05 PM »

A fellow board member sent me the video the other day and I really love it. They really nailed that video - so many intricate details, worth watching many times. I love the guy with the Darian wig! I wish I could say the song was any good...

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
PS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 01:10:08 PM »

A fellow board member sent me the video the other day and I really love it. They really nailed that video - so many intricate details, worth watching many times. I love the guy with the Darian wig! I wish I could say the song was any good...

Agreed.

Awful song, terrific mise-en-scene...
PS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 01:13:27 PM »

Topic should be re-titled ALMOST one take...
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 01:14:02 PM »

Agreed, I dont really like the song, but the video is really cool!

letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 01:27:42 PM »

Yep recommend seeing this. one tiny fault is the Pet Sounds then Airplane breakdown scene should be other way round methinks but apart from that nerdy point loved it  Cheesy
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 01:56:18 PM »

Ahahah, did you see Darian there?  :D

puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 01:59:13 PM »

Whoever is behind the desk at 0:22 is the spitting image of late '80s Brian
sheknowsmetoowell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 02:40:18 PM »

I thought the song was pretty decent.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 03:49:37 PM »

wow, thought it was gonna be good when it started but I really hated that

Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 04:24:49 PM »

I'd hate to see any of you at a concert, goshdarn
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 04:26:21 PM »

Agreed.

Awful song, terrific mise-en-scene...
I agree about the technical side.

They didn't 'get' much about who Brian is, though.. I know it's only four minutes but to show him dancing about on a surfboard at the end of the video is just just... plain wrong (and it obviously wasn't meant to be ironic, either).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:27:12 PM by Lowbacca » Logged
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 05:24:57 PM »

I reckon it is bloody fantastic!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 06:53:25 AM »

I think the song is pretty good.  And the video is fucking awesome!

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 07:09:51 AM »

I find it fantastic. No need to be picky here... the whole idea, and its visual realisation, is something to cherish.

Cheers for posting the link.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 07:10:39 AM »

The vid was very good...at portraying the incorrect public view that all Brian ever did was:
make surf music -> pet sounds -> fail making smile -> lie in bed 30 years -> remake smile -> surfing again and endless summer bullshit everywhere.

makes me sick, it sucked. The concept and production was well done, the story line even messed up the PS - 1964 airplane incident. how the f*** can one f*** up in a beach boys story lasting 4 min?

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 07:22:34 AM »

Really cool vid, thanks for sharing. I thought the song started off pretty cool, but wasn't big on the chorus.

The vid was very good...at portraying the incorrect public view that all Brian ever did was:
make surf music -> pet sounds -> fail making smile -> lie in bed 30 years -> remake smile -> surfing again and endless summer bullsh*t everywhere.

makes me sick, it sucked. The concept and production was well done, the story line even messed up the PS - 1964 airplane incident. how the f*** can one f*** up in a beach boys story lasting 4 min?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Wait,I'm not sure if I'm laughing with you, or at you.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:24:49 AM by Runaways » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 07:36:27 AM »

I LOVE the shoutout to 'South American' in the beginning percussion!

The song reminds me of an uptempo AIR...I really like it!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 08:43:36 AM »

make surf music -> pet sounds -> fail making smile -> lie in bed 30 years -> remake smile -> surfing again and endless summer bullsh*t everywhere.

While i really liked the idea and how it is executed (but the song is not for me tho, not my cup sry broz) i can agree on that, it is a bit annoying to always get this same old incorrect story told and resume Brian Wilson to that, but oh well i guess they couldn't go through it all and just present what is well known, but i don't think he went in bed for a hundred years right when SMiLE was failing, right? wasn't there Wild Honey, Friends, Sunflower, etc.. before that?
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 08:46:27 AM »

Really cool vid, thanks for sharing. I thought the song started off pretty cool, but wasn't big on the chorus.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Wait,I'm not sure if I'm laughing with you, or at you.

Whilst it is my sincere and humble opinion that anyone who does this comedy song stunt bollocks on youtube should be fired into space and thus I shall not be watching this particular delight, I must state you are being rather the arsehole for mocking someone because they know too much about the life of Brian Wilson.... on this forum.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 08:47:36 AM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 09:09:23 AM »

I'll take the former for the benefit of the doubt. If not, go f*** yourself sir.

It seems 'The Beach Boys' are associated with this constant regurgitated bogus story of how Brian was a genius-turned-nuts and stayed in bed half his life. It keeps getting brought up again and again and again. Maybe you should leave the forum if you have so little affection for the sincere wishes of other Smiley Smiler for pointing out this story YET again.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 09:35:50 AM »

ALiVE

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 09:47:47 AM »

In defence of the traditional Brian mythology, I reckon the video would be a far less charming and have less of an impact of it were more realistic -- as neat as that might be, it would seem this tragic, quintessentially American narrative is as much a part of popular culture as the group's music is. And honestly, as wrong and frustrating as that may be for short-changing Brian and The Beach Boys, I still feel there's something remarkable about that too.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 09:57:03 AM »

In defence of the traditional Brian mythology, I reckon the video would be a far less charming and have less of an impact of it were more realistic -- as neat as that might be, it would seem this tragic, quintessentially American narrative is as much a part of popular culture as the group's music is. And honestly, as wrong and frustrating as that may be for short-changing Brian and The Beach Boys, I still feel there's something remarkable about that too.

Let's keep on pushin' the lie, folks. It's absolutely vital to YouTube videos, magazine articles, and David Leaf books and documentaries.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:59:48 AM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2012, 11:10:31 AM »

Yeah. They should have had Brian waving a dildo around in front of his kids, bowl-fulls of cocaine strewn around his bed, and made Eugene Landy a puppeteer controlling Brian's arms.

It's just a music video, people....not a 2 hour documentary on the troubled life of Brian.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx