gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:13:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alan Boyd Lecture  (Read 41323 times)
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2012, 03:45:29 AM »

I think it was just another stage of a single which he wasn't satisfied with and he merrily plowed on until he got the stage he was satisfied with just as he had done with GV.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2012, 05:59:54 AM »

I doubt "merrily".

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2012, 08:24:31 AM »

I doubt "merrily".

Presumably "merrily" enough to pile everbody into cars to deliver it to KHJ immediately [I guess we settled KHJ?].

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2012, 04:49:17 PM »

Seeing it like that is interesting, especially because it's easier to compare master numbers. what do you guys think of Brian's master numbers? 57020 seems to represent work done on the Cantina version. I think the 57020 period corresponds to Brian's absolute creative zenith and his failure there in assembling a mix that satisfied him was sort of the core disappointed of his life, the one that all his misfortunes seemed to converge upon, and the one that reverberated throughout the rest of his life affecting everything thereafter.

I think the master numbers [and eye witnesses] show in early March Brian had a version of the H&V single side 1 [Master # 57020] he was happy with at mo' and a master for the H&V single side 2 [Master #57045] which he had been working on [and off] since January which was far-along/finished and as far as we know was coincidently samples of themes from the other SMiLE album tracks: DYLW, Fire, OMP...and....has something else been identified for that 57045 master number?

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2012, 05:01:24 PM »

All this research about Smile for the PSS project is leading me to believe that "Holidays" is actually part of the Elements, as is Vega-Tables.

Now, when answering the question about "How can Wind Chimes and Vega-Tables be listed on the back if they're part of the elements.

(This next part may make people go "oh whatever" but think about it.
Strangely, I'm working on a suite now, and I have a track in the middle that i think is single worthy, and I'm scarred that if I take it out,
the suite gets dumbed down, but if I don't, it gets lost in the mix. Easiest solution? Include it on the sleeve separate from the suite, but
still listed as part of it ("Read label for track listing")

Eh?

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2012, 06:17:43 AM »

Interesting theory on the Vega-Tables seperate listing from The Elements, but you're wrong about one thing: They were not "listed on the back", because the SMiLE album was not finished. They were listed on a dummy for the back based on a cobbled together track list of uncertain origin.

I do agree that Holidays would work well as part of The Elements, to me as earth rather than air. But as the BWPS lyrics to it seem to be mostly from 1966, it is unlikely that Holidays was conceived as part of The Elements. Of course, it found its place in the elemental suite on BWPS! Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx