gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:43:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE ENDLESS SUMMER WILL CONTINUE AFTER THE BEACH BOYS 50TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR WRAP  (Read 127315 times)
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »

For Immediate Release

THE ENDLESS SUMMER WILL CONTINUE AFTER THE BEACH BOYS 50TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR WRAPS

As The Beach Boys 50th Anniversary Reunion Tour enters its last week culminating in its final shows at London’s Royal Albert Hall on September 27 and Wembley Arena on September 28, Mike Love and Bruce Johnston will be keeping The Beach Boys’ music in front of live audiences by touring in the configuration that they have been touring in for 14 of the last 50 years.  The post 50th anniversary configuration will not include Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and David Marks. The 50th Reunion Tour was designed to be a set tour with a beginning and an end to mark a special 50-year milestone for the band. 

“As we move on, Bruce and I look forward to performing live for Beach Boys fans everywhere,” says Mike Love.

Several North American dates in October have already gone on sale and concert dates will continue to be announced for The Beach Boys which include Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Mike Love and Bruce Johnston supported musically and vocally by Christian Love, Randell Kirsch, Tim Bonhomme, John Cowsill and Scott Totten, who serves as musical director. It is in this configuration that The Beach Boys have been bringing the legacy of their music and the American lifestyle, with which they have become synonymous, since 1998 when Carl Wilson passed.  For 50 years Love has lead The Beach Boys live on stage breaking Guinness Book of World Record numbers for attendance and touring along the way.  The Endless Summer will continue for fans everywhere who want to see The Beach Boys live.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 12:37:20 PM »

Well, everybody's going to lose their sh*t in 5...4...3...2...1......

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 12:37:59 PM »

Disappointing, but not entirely unexpected.  Here's hoping next year sees further activity from the *real* Beach Boys again, though...if not another tour, then maybe an album.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 12:42:13 PM »

Mike, just stop touring and take a break for a while until the rest of the group is ready to tour. I can see so many things going wrong this winter with people confused about the BBs touring groups.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »

I didn't expect them to keep together, especially Brian. But - although it was unlikely - I had hoped they put an end to the band even if just changing the name of Mike & Bruce's show. But I guess right after this great tour they will sell more than before for a periode

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 12:46:03 PM »

wonder if they'll do the two new singles, that would be really funny/cool.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 12:46:43 PM »

The show in Wembley will be my last Beach Boys related show unless they tour again or Brian releases another album..

I don't blame Mike and Bruce for hitting the road, what else have they to do?

That said, it's a shame they can't go out in style

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 01:01:26 PM »

wonder if they'll do the two new singles, that would be really funny/cool.

Mike: "We did this on our reunion album-"

Crowd: "YEAAAAHH! BRIAN! AL! ETC

Mike: "Er, yeah, they aren't here."

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 01:02:20 PM »

The show in Wembley will be my last Beach Boys related show unless they tour again or Brian releases another album..

I don't blame Mike and Bruce for hitting the road, what else have they to do?

That said, it's a shame they can't go out in style

Now there's an interesting question for the Twitter-Beach Boys event

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 01:16:42 PM »

I saw their show last year and it was the best gig I have been to. It's a shame I'll only get to see the 'full' Beach Boys once in my life but I'd be happy to go and see another Mike and Bruce show. You really have to give it to Mike whether you like him or not, he's helped to keep their music alive for 50 years.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 01:59:09 PM »

Myke Luhv's style: Kahhhhhh-CHING. Razz
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 02:13:52 PM »

Anyone who wasn't expecting this is either a complete idiot or hasn't been paying attention.

No mas, por favor.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 02:23:38 PM »

Doesn't bother nor surprise me. The 50th Anniversary year has been fun but I like things the way they were too. I am just glad I got the chance to see them live this year. That was something I never believe would ever happen.
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 02:43:47 PM »

I can understand Brian having a rest - but I thought there might be the slimmest of opportunities that Al & Dave may do the odd date here and there...

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
ahoutman1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 02:45:32 PM »

I really hope Al does some live shows in the future.
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 02:52:17 PM »

Anyone who wasn't expecting this is either a complete idiot or hasn't been paying attention.
I said words to that effect when news of these Mike & Bruce dates started filtering through a few months ago.

Hope they come back to the UK soon, though, I'd love to see them again - to quote the sleeve notes of the Concert/Live In London twofer : "...the Beach Boys never needed any rehabilitation in England. The only thing they've ever done wrong there is not schedule enough shows to meet the enormous demand." !
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 02:53:40 PM »

Doing 180 gigs a year is Mikes idea of a good time. Brian would be happy spending 180 days a year in the studio recording 'Shortnin Bread'. Past and present band members fit somewhere in between. Thats just the way it is folks.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 02:54:44 PM »

We did know about this. It's still sad that Al & Dave can't join, but Brian obviously needs to look after himself so another year of planes, trains and automobiles wouldn't do him much good. Wembley had better be a massive party, is all. I don't want it to end  Sad

PhilCohen
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 03:00:41 PM »

I saw their show last year and it was the best gig I have been to. It's a shame I'll only get to see the 'full' Beach Boys once in my life but I'd be happy to go and see another Mike and Bruce show. You really have to give it to Mike whether you like him or not, he's helped to keep their music alive for 50 years.

What can a poor boy do, 'cept to play in a rock n'roll band?   (though Love isn't exactly poor)
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 03:01:36 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beach-boys-to-continue-touring-without-brian-wilson-al-jardine-david-marks-20120917

Rolling Stone got a hold of the same press release.  But I don't recall when/where Brian made these comments:

However, Brian Wilson seemed optimistic about continuing with the band. When asked recently what his future plans were, Wilson told Rolling Stone, "I want to continue touring with the Beach Boys indefinitely." Still, Wilson was unsure of the possibilities of that happening. "I don't know. I really don't know. I just know I'm going to continue to tour with them," he said.

gsmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 03:03:03 PM »

I guess we all knew that this would happen, but it's definitely distasteful for "Mike Love" to post this on his Facebook before the reunion gigs have even finished.

Quote from: So cold I go burr
There are people who have taken LSD thousands of times and are as sane as Jeff Foskett. Well, that's a bad example, because Jeff hates Love You and that's INSANE.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 03:03:14 PM »

Back to the flea markets, bowling alleys and strip joints........

3D

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 03:05:29 PM »

I guess we all knew that this would happen, but it's definitely distasteful for "Mike Love" to post this on his Facebook before the reunion gigs have even finished.

Yeah I don't get why he (or his management?) would post it at all on FB..it's not a great story or vey flattering.  It opens it up for fans to display their displeasure with that decision...why would they invite that?  Kinda weird. 

Seeing Brian's comments about wanting to stick around is a good sign, I just hope that he and Mike have ended their brief reunion on a positive note and with the lines of communication wide open....
PhilCohen
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 03:09:39 PM »

So the reunion is going to end soon, with Brian, David & Al exiting, the box set goes into limbo, and so does the idea of a follow-up album using some of the 16 leftover songs from the recent reunion sessions.

Failing to come through with the box set is unforgivable.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 03:11:28 PM »

Do those Brian comments come from the RS article when this news first dropped a couple of months ago? He gave a similar 'what do you mean we're not touring again?' response.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx