gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 04:25:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 73: Royal Albert Hall - London, UK 9/27/12  (Read 108293 times)
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2012, 07:20:33 PM »

He's next to Bruce, I think

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2012, 07:23:01 PM »

Just saw that--thanks STE!  The man in black blended into the background!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2012, 07:24:02 PM »

Am I missing something or is Mike not on stage at all for the song and the final bows?

During the song, he's over next to Bruce and Scott. He's also there for the final bows, then goes to the front of the stage to wave and shake hands with the crowd.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »

Thanks Sheriff...didn't expect him to be so tucked away in the corner like that. 

I can't get over how touching this video is.  All of them on stage...the love from the crowd.  It's really a great sight.  I can't imagine how overwhelming it was to be there in person.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2012, 07:31:08 PM »

And as someone pointed out earlier...where's Brian's teleprompter?  Could they have replaced the monitor on his keyboard with a larger screen across the way in the crowd for a more subtle presentation?
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2012, 07:34:17 PM »

Want to see part one and to note, if possible, Dave's guitar work; this was a bold and stunning choice for a last song. I think these boys are going nowhere. From a promoter's perspective the chaos has doubled their stock. A real BB concert now would be a powerful and valuable event.  But  it is time for an assurance. . . .tell us please what's happening. It's starting to taint the soundtrack of our lives; I want to be able to hear Cherry Coup and "Shift" and every song sweetly and not bitter-sweetly.

thanks for the lovely song

did brian say "see you next year"?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:38:39 PM by the professor » Logged
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2012, 07:45:07 PM »

Want to see part one and to note, if possible, Dave's guitar work; this was a bold and stunning choice for a last song. I think these boys are going nowhere. From a promoter's perspective the chaos has doubled their stock. A real BB concert now would be a powerful and valuable event.  But  it is time for an assurance. . . .tell us please what's happening. It's starting to taint the soundtrack of our lives; I want to be able to hear Cherry Coup and "Shift" and every song sweetly and not bitter-sweetly.

thanks for the lovely song

did brian say "see you next year"?

"see you next time"

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2012, 07:48:34 PM »

One more q - why do you say Surf's Up won't be performed tomorrow night?

Can't say now, but trust me

The only way it'd be worth the teasing is that you know that another song will be performed in its place..... Wink

eh :-)
well it's seems like tonight was THE night, musically speaking.
But tomorrow will be special for other reasons.

Stamos!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2012, 07:49:36 PM »

One more q - why do you say Surf's Up won't be performed tomorrow night?

Can't say now, but trust me

The only way it'd be worth the teasing is that you know that another song will be performed in its place..... Wink

eh :-)
well it's seems like tonight was THE night, musically speaking.

Stamos!

Carl hologram!

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2012, 07:58:54 PM »

So to everyone who attended:

How much did the Mike vs Brian "drama" hang over the crowd?  A lot of people here (and online) were worried that all this drama had effectively marred the reunion, practically "jeopardizing" the two UK shows....  Was it a topic of conversation in the crowd?  Did the crowd's "resentment" manifest itself in any way during the show?  Were there any boos for Mike?
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2012, 08:00:48 PM »

Bruce is going to stage his own death for tax reasons. Shhhh, keep it under your hat.

I just logged in and when I saw the number of pages, instantly thought "they did Our Prayer!" But wow, Summer's Gone as well? Lovely stuff. Talk about an appropriate ending for the live DVD!
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2012, 08:25:42 PM »

Does Mike have kids named Colin and Emily?  Or are they grandkids or nieces/nephews?  The names aren't familiar to the ones I'm used to seeing (and I just looked at a list of the seven kids a few months ago).
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2012, 08:47:23 PM »

Some answers:
- yeah, people were talking about the "break up", but on stage there was no palpable tension.
Actually there were even smiles and jokes between Al and Mike and Al and Bruce.  So no dramas on stage.
- the usual teleprompter was gone . I think he was using a new, super thin, glass/ transparent  one  but initially  I though he didn't use any.  I intended to verify this but then  I forgot..
- Mike's kids Amhba and Brian were there, but as far as I noticed they behaved just fine

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »

Our Prayer was in. Night closed with second encore - Summer's Gone.

Folks sat in front of us talked through Our Prayer, heroes and then some. They seemed to be with the band - accents, handbags etc.

Incredible night though - nothing could spool it.

Wouldn't be surprised if  you were near Mike's family, Ambha, Emily and Colin Love.

They come across are extremely arrogant and conceited. "Driving my dad's bentley" etc
Boy, now we are trashing the Love children, too? Un-f***ing-believable!

Do we know any embarrassing facts about Mike's parents so we can trash them too?

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2012, 09:07:52 PM »

Facebook:

Brian hosted a band and crew dinner last night in London to show his appreciation for a job well done!

Don't ask me why Mike and Bruce are not there. Since it's a dinner hosted by Brian there was only steak, so Mike had nothing to eat and left earlier... Wink

Mike probably just didn't bring his cap... Grin

(No, I'm not bashing him, I'm only kidding. Smiley)

mabewa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2012, 09:42:48 PM »

Sounds freakin' incredible. Thanks so much to those who posted the "Summer's Gone" clips!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2012, 10:41:04 PM »

I won't believe it until there's a video.

Here we go. Sorry for terrible footage, I had the worst seats imaginable, couldn't see Bruce and only Al's hair. Still amazing though.

Summer's Gone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSEh-fR5ruU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This recording reminded me how unlikely it was that the BBs would come up with such a great song in 2012 fit to stand along with the 60s classics... And how I would have liked to hear more songs from the new album live.

Who's doing those loud flat notes in the backing vocs though? They are a bit... annoying.

J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2012, 04:43:01 AM »

Wow 61 songs with SG as a second encore.....No matter what foolishness these guys stir up, I still hold my head up high and am proud to be a fan. Long live The Beach Boys!!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2012, 05:22:08 AM »

Wow !! I'm so happy that I was wrong when I said I don't think they would do "Prayer". And then "Summer's gone" !! Great. Brian wanted it to be the last song on the last Beach Boys album. Will it now be the last song at the last Beach Boys concert, too? And what a change to have "Fun, fun, fun" as the last song to "Summer's gone". The Beach Boys ! Wow!

Facebook:

From Al's Facebook:

Thanks to everyone who came to see us at the Royal Albert Hall...see you soon at Wembley!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 05:45:24 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2012, 05:45:17 AM »

Some answers:
- yeah, people were talking about the "break up", but on stage there was no palpable tension.
Actually there were even smiles and jokes between Al and Mike and Al and Bruce.  So no dramas on stage.
- the usual teleprompter was gone . I think he was using a new, super thin, glass/ transparent  one  but initially  I though he didn't use any.  I intended to verify this but then  I forgot..
- Mike's kids Amhba and Brian were there, but as far as I noticed they behaved just fine

Thanks for clarifying that, STE.
A casual reading entering here must have thought that Mike's kids heckled the concert.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2012, 06:29:17 AM »

Exciting info/news! Can't wait for more YT clips....!!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2012, 07:41:59 AM »

I won't believe it until there's a video.

Here we go. Sorry for terrible footage, I had the worst seats imaginable, couldn't see Bruce and only Al's hair. Still amazing though.

Summer's Gone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSEh-fR5ruU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Brian shared your video on his official Facebook page!  Cool
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2012, 08:38:32 AM »

Wow 61 songs with SG as a second encore.....

Wow! 61 songs! That's incredible.

I'm wondering if that has to be the best BB setlist - ever. And, thinking more universally, you know, Guinness World Book Of Records stuff, if that's the most songs ever played at a concert by a major group? Shocked
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2012, 08:42:39 AM »

And, thinking more universally, you know, Guinness World Book Of Records stuff, if that's the most songs ever played at a concert by a major group? Shocked
Come to think of it, it might very well be....

For those who where there - did Mike challenge the Stones to also play a gig of 60 songs (including "Jumpin' Jack Flash" & "I Get Around")?  Grin
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2012, 09:23:27 AM »

Is someone going to post a set list?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx