-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:28:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Just got broken into
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Just got broken into  (Read 4922 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2012, 10:57:09 PM »

It's 1:47 AM right now as I'm typing this. At about 11:00, somebody threw a cement statue through the back door, stuck his arm through, unlocked the back door and came in, stole a purse and left. The police and various family members just left. In the purse was $400 in cash, keys to the house, the drivers license and registration to the car, and various medical related paperwork and bank cards that are going to be a nightmare to replace. Various credit cards are going to need to be cancelled before any charges can be made on them. My mom and I were alone in the house when it happened. We were actually awake, and all the lights in the house were on. I have never been so terrified in my entire life.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:59:04 PM by Jay » Logged

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 11:01:57 PM »

Jesus, man.  Shocked Sucks about the purse, but luckily yourself and your mother weren't harmed.

Hopefully you can recover the stuff. Probably not the first time this guy has done this, so it's only so long before they get him.

The nerve of some people....  Can't believe that would happen in a fully lit up house!  Undecided

No mas, por favor.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 11:19:31 PM »

While the police where here they got a call about somebody else who just had their door opened, but apperently the person got away. The police never came back to our house.  Roll Eyes

I was about to get in my wheelchair to go out to the computer, which is on the kitchen table. If I had been 5 minutes quicker the cement statue and flying shattered glass would have hit me.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 11:21:11 PM »

While the police where  they got a call about somebody else who just had their door opened, but apperently the person got away. The police never came back to our house.  Roll Eyes

I was about to get in my wheelchair to go out to the computer, which is on the kitchen table. If I had been 5 minutes quicker the cement statue and flying shattered glass would have hit me.

stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 11:38:22 PM »

You should take solace in the fact that it could have been much worse. Definitely try to get your mind on something else and get a good night of sleep. That kind of event is no good for the psyche. Sleep near a club or some sort of stabbing implement for some peace of mind if you need it.

The unfortunate thing about police is that they're (almost) never there when you need one and a criminal usually has to be directly in their path for them to actually do something.

It makes me sad that there are people who were raised so poorly and do things like this.

I don't pray, but you're in my thoughts.  Grin

No mas, por favor.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 11:50:52 PM »

I'll try to sleep tonight, but I dont think it'll work, at least not tonight. lol I keep playing it over in my head in slow motion. The real scary thing is that the purse was hanging on a chair in the kitchen, and whoever broke in went straight to it and nothing else. He had to have been on the back porch looking through the door to know exactly where it was.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 11:53:47 PM »

Oh sh*t dude...glad to know know you're okay, though.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 12:14:31 AM »

Sounds like you need to listen to some Smiley Smile.  Smiley

No mas, por favor.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 12:21:22 AM »

Oh sh*t dude...glad to know know you're okay, though.
I'm glad, too!  Cheesy I worry more about my mom than me though. My mom and I are both disabled in one war or another. But I'm in a wheelchair, and she isn't. Still it would be quite difficult for both of us to react in any kind of a fast manner should something disasterous like this happen.

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 12:44:22 AM »

So, I've just finished my Sunday chores, graba beer and put on "The Who Sell Out"; a-whiich makes me think, I wonder what that dood Jay from Smiley Smile is up too...

...and F--k, really sorry to hear about the break-in, but glad to hear you're ok.

A few years ago, some junkies broke into our house, stole our car keys, then stole our car (the debris left in the car, when we got it back, demonstrated they were junkies - 2 fits, a pair of canvas slip-ons and a turd on the back seat).  Slept through the whole thing, unlike your situation.

It's a disturbing experience, take your time with it, take care, and take it easy - keep in touch - Alan

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 12:51:21 AM »

Well, at least I got a chuckle out of somebody here thinking about me.  Grin Sorry to hear about your situation too. Leaving a turd in there takes a real low life. It's also rather random, if you think about it.  Grin

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 12:56:57 AM »

So, I've just finished my Sunday chores, graba beer and put on "The Who Sell Out"; a-whiich makes me think, I wonder what that dood Jay from Smiley Smile is up too...
I was planning on listening to some Who on my Cowon mp3 player tonight, too. But with the volume I keep it on, and the serious punch the Cowon packs, I'll never hear if somebody gets in the house again.  Grin

Disclaimer: The makers of the Cowon i9 MP3 player did not pay me to make the above statement, which just happens to be discussing the greatest MP3 player known to mankind. police
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:00:26 AM by Jay » Logged

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 01:03:15 AM »

Well, at least I got a chuckle out of somebody here thinking about me.  Grin Sorry to hear about your situation too. Leaving a turd in there takes a real low life. It's also rather random, if you think about it.  Grin

LOL - don't worry about that old sh*t, it was some time ago now

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 01:04:22 AM »

I was planning on listening to some Who on my Cowon mp3 player tonight, too. But with the volume I keep it on, and the serious punch the Cowon packs, I'll never hear if somebody gets in the house again.  Grin

Disclaimer: The makers of the Cowon i9 MP3 player did not pay me to make the above statement, which just happens to be discussing the greatest MP3 player known to mankind. police

Just take it one ear-bud at a time, OKayyy?

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 01:05:45 AM »

Will do.  Grin

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 05:24:36 AM »

Christ, Jay. Hope everything's ok and they catch the scum.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 11:50:31 PM »

The good news is that the purse was recovered with almost everything still there, except for $400, and a checkbook. There is some strong suspicion that the guy who returned the purse to us was actually the guy that did it.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 03:58:10 AM »

That's f***ed. Hope they nail the bastard. It's only $400, at the end of the day Jay. Glad your cards/etc are good.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: