-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 12:05:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  When Mitt Romney becomes president.... *FLUX THREAD!*
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When Mitt Romney becomes president.... *FLUX THREAD!*  (Read 195979 times)
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 19, 2012, 01:23:17 AM »

Hell I don't support it man, just trying to keep things framed in a way so people can see the logic behind how the government operates because the repercussions of this type of thing, and the flaws inherent to the central planners' entire approach don't always click with people. You have to rephrase it in a lot of different ways in order to get through to the people you're talking to sometimes.

Personally, I've never voted and I doubt I ever will. I'm pretty lax about the whole thing. I figure that things have always been bad for humanity in one way or another. I don't really believe that some ideal future or utopia is possible. The political correctness of one era is another era's oppression really. I just try and read a lot and stay informed on my own end of things.

I see a lot of the problems stemming from the ascendency of "theory" in academia. I think Marxist criticism of literature suffers from exactly the same deficiency that Marxist economic theory does, it stymies the free interchange of ideas in it's authoritarian valuation of concepts. Cultural theory is predicated upon total historical ignorance, and there have been a few scholars who have pointed out that the undeniable failure of Communism was concealed with a perversion of analytical logic inherent to structuralist philosophy.

At some point I believe that academia is going to lose its' cultural legitimacy and that serious students will eventually start looking at other institutions to provide their educations.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 23, 2012, 03:29:15 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UrOmhH2PeI&feature=relmfu

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 23, 2012, 06:03:07 AM »

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Jason
« Reply #553 on: October 23, 2012, 10:20:50 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S97wv_lEoJQ

This is all that was relevant about that debate.
Jason
« Reply #554 on: October 23, 2012, 10:25:27 AM »

I am sick and tired of these low-rent, double-digit IQ, triple-digit income Democratic/Republican zombies going on and on about this weak "if you vote third party you're voting for my enemy" bullshit. Dude...if I vote third party it means...GASP...I VOTED FOR A FUCKING THIRD PARTY. Democrats and Republicans need to unfuck themselves and get their heads out of their respective corporate clown's assholes before it's too late.

But yeah...you guys keep telling yourselves you need to save America from what that "communist n*****" in the White House might do. Newsflash...IT'S JUST A DISTRACTION. It's designed to keep your stupid little brains in "screw the other guy" mode so you lifeless cunts never wake up to the fact that you're being sold down the river by the same politicians you throw money and adulation at day in and day out. Wake the f*** up and realize what's going on before it's too late! Simple fucks.

And those of you who have trouble with my very liberal use of the N-word should know one thing...THAT is how they want you to think. Do you think Obama or Romney give a damn about that? Racial tension means more people on their sides! They're sitting back in their little debate right now laughing at you fucks. We have a debt crisis that's over the top, we have a terrorist state that's out of control, and we have a country on the verge of a fucking collapse...and all you fucks care about is black or white. But hey...keep drinking that Kool-Aid. As long as you're all distracted with Dancing with the Stars, you'll never question anything except what selection you'll make for that night's best dancer.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: October 23, 2012, 11:26:37 AM »

Oh, I didn't realise I was logged on to 4chan

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Jason
« Reply #556 on: October 23, 2012, 11:29:02 AM »

Oh, I didn't realise I was logged on to 4chan

Nothing to contribute as usual, I see. I missed ya, hype. Smiley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 23, 2012, 11:33:11 AM »

Missed you too, you pointlessly offensive delusional hermit.  Smiley

Jason
« Reply #558 on: October 23, 2012, 11:41:36 AM »

Missed you too, you pointlessly offensive delusional hermit.  Smiley

Actually...there was a method to my madness.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #559 on: October 23, 2012, 01:01:02 PM »

I got what Jason was saying. We had this discussion yesterday on Facebook. I posted something, and it ended up getting me unfriended by a former co-worker.

You know what irks me? You ask most Romney supporters why they're voting for him, and immediately they start dogging out Obama rather than talking about what they like about their candidate. You ask Obama supporters why they're voting for him, and they immediately start dogging out Romney rather than talk about what they like about their candidate. It boggles my mind that people are so blind to s
ee that ROMNEY 'S AND OBAMA'S POLICIES ARE VIRTUALLY THE SAME. I was asked recently why I'm voting for Gary Johnson. I'm not voting for the 'lesser of two evils'. A vote for a lesser evil is still a vote for evil. I happen to agree with Johnson's policies. I was criticized for 'wasting' my vote. Well, at least my conscience is clean. I know most of my Democrat friends and most of my Republican friends will all overlook this post; I'll be surprised if any one 'likes' or comments on this. I won't be surprised if I end up unfriended by a few people; I don't care. I am not going to be just another mindless sheep who votes for someone just because they belong to such and such party.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 23, 2012, 01:39:29 PM »

It was the second paragraph that I took umbrage with, certainly not the fact he's voting for a third party candidate.

Jason
« Reply #561 on: October 23, 2012, 01:41:47 PM »

It was the second paragraph that I took umbrage with, certainly not the fact he's voting for a third party candidate.

Dude...I don't believe the "communist n*****" thing. I have better criticisms of Obama than the color of his skin. I'm saying it's being implemented as a welcome distraction by the Obamney camp. Who cares if there's a debt crisis, or if the country's bankrupt, or if the warmongering is out of control? GET THE BLACK MAN OUT! That's the silly mentality many people are in. It's ridiculous.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 23, 2012, 01:43:34 PM »

sh*t, I meant third paragraph! As ever, you can certainly fault me for not giving the board maximum attention...

Jason
« Reply #563 on: October 23, 2012, 01:51:01 PM »

sh*t, I meant third paragraph! As ever, you can certainly fault me for not giving the board maximum attention...

What's wrong with the third paragraph?
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 23, 2012, 01:56:17 PM »

It's juvenile conspiracy nuttery and I thought you knew better? Also, any justifying how that word isn't really offensive if you think about it, man, is not really a good look.

Jason
« Reply #565 on: October 23, 2012, 02:03:29 PM »

It's juvenile conspiracy nuttery and I thought you knew better? Also, any justifying how that word isn't really offensive if you think about it, man, is not really a good look.

That's not juvenile conspiracy nuttery...it's the TRUTH. I wasn't trying to justify that that word isn't really offensive. It IS offensive. I'm saying that the racial tension is merely a distraction from real issues.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #566 on: October 23, 2012, 04:46:49 PM »

I hadn't realized that word wasn't filtered...fixed.

Actually, there are a certain segment of Romney supporters who do think like that. And, same for Obama. I had done a search on 'similarities between Romney and Obama', and came upon a blog where a black militant activist had a really good list of similarities between the two, until he had to go around and call Obama an 'Oreo', and that he was...grr... 'black on the outside and white at his inner core'. As someone who is married to a strong black woman, and also happen to have black ancestry, I find that highly offensive. Both sides attract the crazies.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jason
« Reply #567 on: October 24, 2012, 12:33:29 PM »

Seriously...if I hear one more f*** tell me that I'm wasting my vote by voting Gary Johnson, I'll just remind them that Rosa Parks shouldn't have wasted her time complaining about that whole "back of the bus" sh*t...
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 24, 2012, 04:40:21 PM »

Well stated points Billy and TRBB.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 24, 2012, 05:06:15 PM »

Seriously...if I hear one more f*** tell me that I'm wasting my vote by voting Gary Johnson, I'll just remind them that Rosa Parks shouldn't have wasted her time complaining about that whole "back of the bus" sh*t...

I was told, because I'm not voting for either Romney or Obama, that I'm wasting my vote. When someone looks at me snidely and says I'm wasting my vote, that sends me up a wall. I'm damn tired of these pathetic Americans that buy into this two party system. They go squabbling to the polls so excited to vote for Obama because "he's handing out free Obama Phones!", or Romney because he's "gonna gonna strengthen our military and bring back economic security"...it's all bullshit and Americans still don't get it.

As Carlin says, "Stay home, don't vote." voting is meaningless (for the two party system). These military industrialists will always get what they want regardless. And I'll be glad to cast a vote for someone other than Obamney - just to show my middle finger to the corporatists who funded Obamney in the first place.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Jason
« Reply #570 on: October 24, 2012, 05:25:10 PM »

This is another thing that's been irking me...

A lot of the time you hear people going on and on about "well, I don't support the war, but I support our troops." What the hell kind of pussying out is that? You don't support the war but you support those who are essentially the business end of the state that is waging said war? That means you support the war. If you don't support the war, it is logically impossible to support the troops. We're referring to people who do nothing but what they're told. That is not honorable in the least, especially when it involves taking the life of another.

A position like this in the United States (where the troops are worshiped and idolized like gods) is tantamount to pissing on the flag...but I just never understood the belief system.
Jason
« Reply #571 on: October 24, 2012, 05:27:30 PM »

I was told, because I'm not voting for either Romney or Obama, that I'm wasting my vote. When someone looks at me snidely and says I'm wasting my vote, that sends me up a wall. I'm damn tired of these pathetic Americans that buy into this two party system. They go squabbling to the polls so excited to vote for Obama because "he's handing out free Obama Phones!", or Romney because he's "gonna gonna strengthen our military and bring back economic security"...it's all bullsh*t and Americans still don't get it.

As Carlin says, "Stay home, don't vote." voting is meaningless (for the two party system). These military industrialists will always get what they want regardless. And I'll be glad to cast a vote for someone other than Obamney - just to show my middle finger to the corporatists who funded Obamney in the first place.

I don't have enough middle fingers to give!
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 24, 2012, 07:31:55 PM »

A lot of the time you hear people going on and on about "well, I don't support the war, but I support our troops." What the hell kind of p*ssying out is that? You don't support the war but you support those who are essentially the business end of the state that is waging said war? That means you support the war. If you don't support the war, it is logically impossible to support the troops. We're referring to people who do nothing but what they're told. That is not honorable in the least, especially when it involves taking the life of another.

A position like this in the United States (where the troops are worshiped and idolized like gods) is tantamount to pissing on the flag...but I just never understood the belief system.

AMEN!!!

http://youtu.be/A50lVLtSQik
Paulos
« Reply #573 on: October 25, 2012, 09:33:24 AM »

A lot of the time you hear people going on and on about "well, I don't support the war, but I support our troops." What the hell kind of p*ssying out is that? You don't support the war but you support those who are essentially the business end of the state that is waging said war? That means you support the war. If you don't support the war, it is logically impossible to support the troops. We're referring to people who do nothing but what they're told. That is not honorable in the least, especially when it involves taking the life of another.

You have to support the troops, otherwise you are a communist! Seriously though, we have the same mentality here in the UK, the media constantly refers to the troops as 'Our Boys' and anyone who doesn't blindly support 'Our Boys' is vilified as unpatriotic. I got into an argument about this issue once with someone I used to work with, I referred to soldiers as government mandated murderers and they never spoke to me again.
Jason
« Reply #574 on: October 25, 2012, 10:00:55 AM »

Patriotism and nationalism are dangerous, dangerous thought processes. Once you get into uber-nationalism you end up with sh*t like the Third Reich...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: