gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681012 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 11:32:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Magical Mystery Tour Reissue!  (Read 6351 times)
blank
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2012, 03:38:36 PM »

http://www.thebeatles.com

Today, at exactly 4:20 PM  angel , I received an email containing the following information:

Apple Films have fully restored the long out-of-print, classic feature film for October 8th release worldwide (October 9th in North America) on DVD and Blu-ray with a remixed soundtrack (5.1 and stereo) and special features.

A special, boxed deluxe edition will also be available, and, for the first time ever, there will be a limited theatrical release from September 27th.

This new release also feature three new edits of some of the song performances, as well as scenes that were cut out of the original film.

Head Spin Head Spin Head Spin
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 03:39:38 PM »

Good news. Smiley
SG7
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 12:24:37 PM »

Now if they can get Beatles cartoons and Shea Stadium remastered, I would be a happy bunny!
cablegeddon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 11:57:56 PM »

I'll be visiting isohunt and piratebay come late september.

Brian Wilson fan since august 2011
MBE
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 12:11:17 AM »

Cool I just got my first blu ray player and will be excited to see this remastered.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 07:31:47 AM »

Just buy it, deadbeats.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 07:54:19 AM »

Now if they can get Beatles cartoons and Shea Stadium remastered, I would be a happy bunny!

Who holds the rights on the Beatles cartoons?

Ditto on buying the MMT DVD.  It's been almost a decade since The Beatles have issued a legitimate archival release ("Let It Be Naked").  Michael Lindsay Hogg (director of "Let It Be") mentioned earlier this year that both "Magical Mystery Tour" and "Let It Be" were on slate for release in the near future.  It seems that with the reissue on "Yellow Submarine" on DVD/Blu-Ray this spring and the first official release of "Magical Mystery Tour" on DVD/Blu-Ray this fall that The Beatles are showing interest in getting their films released on DVD.  "Let It Be" on DVD/Blu-Ray would be a massive release and one fans have been clamouring for for ages. 

Bottom line: Support these efforts by The Beatles and we might be likely to get more of them down the line instead of compilations like "1" or "Love".

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
SBonilla
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 07:57:29 AM »

I'll be visiting isohunt and piratebay come late september.
I echo what John Mills said, "Bottom line: Support these efforts by The Beatles and we might be likely to get more of them down the line..."
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 08:20:04 AM »

The Beatles. I personally hope they don't get an official release, they are horrible.

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 08:25:49 AM »

Let It Be on Blu >>>>>>>>>>> dumb cartoon.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 08:29:19 AM »

The Beatles. I personally hope they don't get an official release, they are horrible.

They're great. But, I don't mind if they are "officially unreissued", you can see or buy them in numerous places on the internet.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Uncomfortable Seat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 08:44:45 AM »

They're great. But, I don't mind if they are "officially unreissued", you can see or buy them in numerous places on the internet.

Right, watching them as a 9 year old is what got me into the Beatles.  The Strawberry Fields Forever and Tomorrow Never Knows episodes are especially trippy

"There's one thing I do that's kind of a personal thing -- I tell jokes sometimes which are corny, which are outright stupid, and bomb. That, to me, is funny when nobody laughs."
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 09:09:16 AM »

Yeah, this cartoon is AMAZING, folks. Truly great. Yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5mDzjscLr0

JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 11:36:14 AM »

For those of you who don't want to see The Beatles cartoons released on DVD.  Don't worry they won't be released.  They fall into the "damage the brand" category that the powers that be shy away from like the black plauge.  I'm still wondering how the heck "The Capitol Albums" managed to find official release.  Someone must have been napping on the day that project got the green light.

God Bless California
....to sink into the sea
sparkydog1725
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 11:56:38 AM »

I watched The Beatles cartoons a few times back in the day. I thought they were terrible (the cartoons, not the music) -- my tastes were more Warner Bros./Jay Ward.

Here's one of the only things that interests me about them now: "American actor Paul Frees did the voices of John and George... Frees had been the voice of Boris Badenov in the Rocky and Bullwinkle series." He is also the voice of Your Ghost Host in Disney's Haunted Mansions.
SG7
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »

I grew up watching them on a VHS boot my mom got at a Beatles fest. I actually think they are still hilarious.  They were meant to be for kids, not for  adults to nitpick them how many years later. I think if we take a band's legacy too seriously, something is obviously wrong. The Beach Boys, same way.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 11:57:36 PM »

The voices were all wrong, but of course the moment a Beatles song kicked in, the cartoons became enjoyable. We don't need them on dvd, they're all over youtube.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 02:38:08 AM »

For those of you who don't want to see The Beatles cartoons released on DVD.  Don't worry they won't be released.  They fall into the "damage the brand" category that the powers that be shy away from like the black plauge.  I'm still wondering how the heck "The Capitol Albums" managed to find official release.  Someone must have been napping on the day that project got the green light.

C'mon, it's so obvious why that got released.

I'm not sure why it got released in Britain, mind. But in America, it makes a lot of sense!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 02:11:01 PM »

I wish they had completed the series, certainly Yesterday and Today deserved release - with the original cover!
Johnston65
Smiley Smile Associate

Can you even boogaloo it?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 02:24:42 PM »

The box set with the remastered EP is making my mouth water.

I believe this is the first remastered Beatles vinyl, correct?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 11:50:01 PM by Johnston65 » Logged
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 09:05:03 AM »

45 RPM EP?!?! WANNNNNNNNNNTTTT

Damn it it's either the BB Remasters or this... Eh this can wait for Christmas...

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 01:17:22 PM »

If this leads to a few more people buying Bonzo Dog Band albums, mission accomplished and all hail Vivian Stanshall!
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 08:58:49 AM »

http://thespace.org/items/e0001554?t=nf6x

has uploaded the lost "Fish & Chips" scene from the film segued with modern footage of the location which is now a Chinese restaurant.  However, the biggest surprise appears to be the soundtrack to the piece which is the "long lost Beatles track", "Shirley's Wild Accordion" tracked at EMI Studios on 10-12-67 and featuring Shirley Evans (apparently no relation to Mal Evans), Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and Reg Wale.  This piece of music has been reported as early as the 1967 but has remained unheard until now.  For those wondering the song is a Lennon-McCartney composition with the score written by Mike Leander who earlier in the year had arranged "She's Leaving Home" in the absence of George Martin.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:04:23 AM by JohnMill » Logged

God Bless California
....to sink into the sea
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 03:53:00 AM »

Shirley's Wild Accordion was a Lennon-McCartney composition, although it wasn't officially a Beatles recording. It featured Shirley Evans on accordion, accompanied by her musical partner and then husband Reg Wale on percussion. Paul McCartney played maracas and yelled "Go on, Shirl!", while Ringo Starr played drums.

The track was recorded under the working title of Accordion (Wild), and was cut from the final edit of the film. It was recorded in eight basic takes, with Evans playing from a score written by Mike Leander from ideas by Lennon and McCartney.

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 11:18:24 AM »

And if we could just get Let it Be with extra features and commentary.

I bout MMT the dvd (not the huge set, didnt have enough money). Glad to see so many special features, kinda wish there was a whole extra disc of them like on Help! and AHDN.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx