gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:31:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Made in California" Box Set  (Read 318091 times)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 12, 2012, 09:18:04 AM »

quick question Andrew, I have the AMCB live album and I love it. What I ask is, how fateful to the original was it, and how much better is the Beach Boys version?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1226 on: November 12, 2012, 09:36:51 AM »

Aside from a key change and very minor musical/vocal differences, it's very, very faithful (as they had sanctioned access to the original), and a fine, fine performance. The Beach Boys version is, IMHYEO, toweringly majestic, and Adam would be the first to agree.

That said, should it be released on the box I'm sure there will be people here and elsewhere going "don't see what the fuss was all about". Human nature, and in some cases, an urge to be a complete f*ckwit.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 12, 2012, 09:59:18 AM »

Thirsty......gasp...must go to oasis.....for water.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 12, 2012, 10:01:51 AM »

Thirsty......gasp...must go to oasis.....for water.

Cool, Cool Water?

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 12, 2012, 10:22:04 AM »

Don't go near [that] water!  Evil
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: November 12, 2012, 10:27:17 AM »

yes lets talk about oasis and which desert you saw it in...was it big or small? how thirsty were you? were you near death? did you hallucinate the Gallagher brothers while there? did the beach boys box set show up in the middle of the heat wave?
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 12, 2012, 12:14:35 PM »

Aside from a key change and very minor musical/vocal differences, it's very, very faithful (as they had sanctioned access to the original), and a fine, fine performance. The Beach Boys version is, IMHYEO, toweringly majestic, and Adam would be the first to agree.

That said, should it be released on the box I'm sure there will be people here and elsewhere going "don't see what the fuss was all about". Human nature, and in some cases, an urge to be a complete f***wit.

Thanks man, sounds like a great song! Hopefully people keep the bs on the low down if it's on the box

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 12, 2012, 01:16:31 PM »

Beer
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:17:56 PM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 12, 2012, 08:41:32 PM »

If I were a mod, any and all mention of oasis in this thread from here on out would get deleted instantly, without warning.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1234 on: November 12, 2012, 09:19:33 PM »

]Well, I asked for this to get back on topic. I'm not asking anymore. It was funny for about 5 seconds; now it's older than the milk in my fridge.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: November 12, 2012, 11:49:19 PM »

I know! This place used to be an oasis of Beach Boys discussion!

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1236 on: November 13, 2012, 12:00:12 AM »

Little experiment - try going to an Oasis forum and introducing The Beach Boys into any thread there. Somehow I doubt they'd be as polite as we've been here.

As for the band themselves - hugely overrated. Always preferred my Beatles straight.

MBE
« Reply #1237 on: November 13, 2012, 12:13:50 AM »

]Well, I asked for this to get back on topic. I'm not asking anymore. It was funny for about 5 seconds; now it's older than the milk in my fridge.
Don't drink it BILLY!!! LOL
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 13, 2012, 01:48:20 AM »

I was promised BB boxset news at page 50!!!
Where are they?? You liars!!

GuyOnTheBeach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 13, 2012, 02:38:34 AM »

Little experiment - try going to an Oasis forum and introducing The Beach Boys into any thread there. Somehow I doubt they'd be as polite as we've been here.

As for the band themselves - hugely overrated. Always preferred my Beatles straight.

Oasis didn't achieve anything that The Rutles hadn't done already, and I hear that Dirk was a great guy as well. LOL
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 13, 2012, 03:54:44 AM »

This is now up there with the Cohen tedium.

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1241 on: November 13, 2012, 03:59:54 AM »

Indeed, to the extent that I'm distinctly disinclined to impart any news I may - or may not - have about the box to people who would evidently prefer to talk about another band.

El Goodo
Smiley Smile Associate

coffee man

View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 13, 2012, 04:40:49 AM »

Indeed, to the extent that I'm distinctly disinclined to impart any news I may - or may not - have about the box to people who would evidently prefer to talk about another band.

*yawn*

Stroke my ego and maybe I will impart some info from da iner cirkle !

If you know something then please do impart , I may or may not be interested.

After 50 pages of nothing concrete it seems inevitable  the thread is going to veer of into mild trolling at times.

However Oasis are just as relevent info wise to the new box set as someone thats keeps posting I might or might not know something.

Why you still need people to fawn over you Mr Doh?

*off to sleep for another 10 years*
Ted
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 13, 2012, 05:06:50 AM »

Aw, but it'd be so unlike you to allude to knowing something without actually telling anyone anything.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 13, 2012, 05:36:04 AM »

Aw, but it'd be so unlike you to allude to knowing something without actually telling anyone anything.
Can you honestly comment on the Beach Boys for once instead of insulting everybody here. Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: November 13, 2012, 05:48:21 AM »

If I were a mod, any and all mention of oasis in this thread from here on out would get deleted instantly, without warning.
Time to play with the word filter again.... Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 13, 2012, 06:13:05 AM »

The degeneration continues…

I'm occasionally one of the first to call Andrew when he gets insulting; on this occasion that hasn't happened – he hasn't. A once-readable thread is being waylaid by trolls who're (to my mind) insulting AGD. I'm sure it's water off a duck's back to him but the overall  degeneration of the thread is pissing me off.

Can the Mods lock it to put a stop, then a fresh thread can kick off when there's any further news.

“We live in divisive times.”
Ted
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 13, 2012, 06:24:05 AM »

Can you honestly comment on the Beach Boys for once instead of insulting everybody here. Roll Eyes

The Beach Boys were good.
El Goodo
Smiley Smile Associate

coffee man

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 13, 2012, 06:28:14 AM »

The degeneration continues…

I'm occasionally one of the first to call Andrew when he gets insulting; on this occasion that hasn't happened – he hasn't. A once-readable thread is being waylaid by trolls who're (to my mind) insulting AGD. I'm sure it's water off a duck's back to him but the overall  degeneration of the thread is pissing me off.

Can the Mods lock it to put a stop, then a fresh thread can kick off when there's any further news.

I recognise the Wee Helper name from distant days of yore.
Threads go off topic and unfortunately Oasis are a bit of a banal tangent to go on but as for trolling I think AGD is as guilty as anyone on this thread. If you know something and can say it then say it , if you cant then don´t.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 13, 2012, 07:29:52 AM »

When something arises, no-one's going to say 'shut up about the box, we're talking about Oasis!'

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx