gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681493 Posts in 27639 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 08, 2024, 02:34:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Made in California" Box Set  (Read 322694 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 29, 2012, 05:06:39 PM »

He's winding us up. Dude deliberately doesn't respond to anyone else's posts that address his issues/comments.
Thats what I keep saying! Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 29, 2012, 05:09:31 PM »

There's such a fine line between "troll" and "petulant child"
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 29, 2012, 06:46:15 PM »

Will the box set be released someday...possibly in 2013? Will Mike Love have a change of heart in 2013 and again record & tour with Brian, David & Al ? We don't know yet. But because each week brings us closer to the 2012 Christmas shopping season, it is appearing likely that there will be no Beach Boys "Commemorative CD box set" in 2012. How can you fans not feel disappointed by the non-release of the box set?

Because I have my wife, family, 2 cats and friends to care. I really want the box set, but I have people that I love, and it's more important to me.
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 29, 2012, 07:46:02 PM »

What's interesting is that Phil has never shown any evidence that he/she likes music at all.  It's always dollars and cents, record labels, product moving, shopping seasons, etc.  Phil, I think if you showed some emotional attachment to the music, rather than the collector's fancy, we'd have more sympathy.  So, like, what's your favorite Beach Boys song, and why?
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 29, 2012, 08:10:36 PM »

This continues to be the worst thread

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Jeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: September 29, 2012, 08:37:43 PM »

This continues to be one of the worst moderated sites on the web.  The attitude seems to be that there should be no moderation of these threads whatsoever - just let everyone say whatever they want, even if it derails the topic, threatens other posters, etc.  One of the mods did or does have a Noam Chomsky quote in his sig to the effect that any "censorship" is inherently evil.

It really is a shame.  All it takes is (1) a persistent troll; (2) some naive posters who don't understand the concept of "don't feed the troll"; and (3) mods who are unwilling to lift a finger to keep the discussion on track.  And voila, we have yet another thread that has virtually nothing to do with the intended subject.
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 29, 2012, 08:50:37 PM »

Too bad because this should be the most exciting thread on here, but somebody keeps dragging it down.
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 29, 2012, 08:53:20 PM »

This continues to be one of the worst moderated sites on the web. 

This is one of the most hyperbolic comments on the web.
Jeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 29, 2012, 09:13:26 PM »

This continues to be one of the worst moderated sites on the web. 

This is one of the most hyperbolic comments on the web.

Perhaps.  Admittedly, I have not seen the vast majority of message boards out there.  But really, how long must this disfunction continue?  Clearly, the intent of this board is not to give a forum to persistent conspiracy theorists and the misguided posters who respond to every new bit of insanity.

An analogy would be a thread that is supposed to be devoted to a debate on the candidates for U.S. president, but which is derailed by a single "birther" (someone who insists, despite all evidence to the contrary, that President Obama was not born in the U.S.).  Numerous posters respond to the birther's crazy theories, but it is impossible for them to convince him or conclusively prove him wrong, so on an on the derailment goes.  That's what we've had here for well more than a year.  It's very unfortunate.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 29, 2012, 10:59:36 PM »

What's interesting is that Phil has never shown any evidence that he/she likes music at all.  It's always dollars and cents, record labels, product moving, shopping seasons, etc.  Phil, I think if you showed some emotional attachment to the music, rather than the collector's fancy, we'd have more sympathy.  So, like, what's your favorite Beach Boys song, and why?

That is SUCH a great point. I don't think he likes music. It's all like "archival CD product" or release dates or whatever. I don't think he has EVER contributed to a thread which actually talked about the songs! Prove us wrong Philly boy! Prove you like The Beach Boys.

Now that I think of it, maybe Phil works for Capitol. By pretending to "hate" Capitol so much, he's actual pushing up demand for new releases.
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #635 on: September 29, 2012, 11:56:44 PM »

That is SUCH a great point. I don't think he likes music. It's all like "archival CD product" or release dates or whatever. I don't think he has EVER contributed to a thread which actually talked about the songs! Prove us wrong Philly boy! Prove you like The Beach Boys.

Now that I think of it, maybe Phil works for Capitol. By pretending to "hate" Capitol so much, he's actual pushing up demand for new releases.

Phil isn't even a Beach Boys fan, merely a wind-up merchant. It's all a deliberately annoying routine on his part. I did write a while back that he was taking us for a ride and we should all just ignore him and refuse to reply, respond or acknowledge his posts, but people (myself included, sadly) kept rising to the bait. I guess he writes such petty, weird, inexplicable stuff that one just can't help but question him. But come on, please, from here on in, let's just IGNORE HIM! Is it even worth starting a thread/petition to gain attention for us all to agree on, i.e. 'I VOW NOT TO REPLY OR RESPOND TO PHIL COHEN'S POSTS FROM NOW ON'?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:58:34 PM by Disney Boy (1985) » Logged
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 30, 2012, 12:20:34 AM »

Shut up, you guys.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 30, 2012, 12:31:17 AM »

Shut up, you guys.

wonder twin powers activate. me and you runners gotta clean out the riff raff of this thread, and I believe one of the tools that we really need is a suicide emoticon.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 30, 2012, 02:19:42 AM »

My favorite thing about these sort of threads is Fishmonk's persistent request for a suicide emoticon.

Really, there should be one.

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
Paulos
« Reply #639 on: September 30, 2012, 03:01:53 AM »

Shut up, you guys.

Which guys, Phil and The Member Formerly Known As Fishmonk?

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 30, 2012, 03:03:26 AM »

The attitude seems to be that there should be no moderation of these threads whatsoever - just let everyone say whatever they want

Yeah.  And I hope it never changes.  

I'm on several messageboards and I quite enjoy how this one isn't as "regime" like as it could be.  You don't know how good we have it.  It's only until the freedom is taken away from you when you realize how great it was.  I'm on boards that are heavily moderated and it's no fun.  Threads missing with no explanation, comments removed for no good reason.  It makes for a very confusing not to mention untrusting environment to share thoughts.  You don't like someone's thread?  You think something is spam?  Ignore it.  We're all adults here, yes?  We all have developed a sense of rational thinking, haven't we?  Don't like a thread?  Don't read it.  Don't like a poster?  Skip their posts.  Don't like it here?  Don't visit.  Work around your "issues" and you should be fine.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 30, 2012, 03:20:24 AM »

COME ON, PHIL, SHOW US YOUR DICK SO WE CAN ALL COMPARE

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #642 on: September 30, 2012, 03:56:36 AM »

Phil isn't even a Beach Boys fan, merely a wind-up merchant.

And a bootlegger, having supplied tapes and liner notes to a well-known site where you can download material (not exclusively Beach Boys) not officially released.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 30, 2012, 04:04:14 AM »

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Paulos
« Reply #644 on: September 30, 2012, 04:10:05 AM »

Your desire to see Phil's penis should perhaps be confined to a PM.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: September 30, 2012, 04:40:06 AM »

Your desire to see Phil's penis should perhaps be confined to a PM.

These 2 posts just made my day Grin

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 30, 2012, 09:33:09 AM »

That is SUCH a great point. I don't think he likes music. It's all like "archival CD product" or release dates or whatever. I don't think he has EVER contributed to a thread which actually talked about the songs!

I can't recall him talking about song per se, but he has contributed some thoughts about specific mixes I believe.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 30, 2012, 09:59:03 AM »

Somehow I get the feeling you not going to get a reply. LOL
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 30, 2012, 10:26:49 AM »

Don't be silly. He only want something with his box-sets.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 30, 2012, 10:38:12 AM »

how long has 'Phil' been trolling this site?
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx