gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681213 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 28, 2024, 08:56:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Made in California" Box Set  (Read 322032 times)
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: September 29, 2012, 07:40:17 AM »

bfd....what difference does is make when it does finally come out. meanwhile, the sun will rise each day.

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 29, 2012, 09:37:13 AM »

What I'm saying is that Capitol's promise to release the box set "Later This Year"(I.E. 2012) and Mr.Doe's promise that it would be released in Nov.2012.........are apparently not to be.

Indeed, and never were.  Better watch your syntax, there.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #602 on: September 29, 2012, 09:56:01 AM »

What I'm saying is that Capitol's promise to release the box set "Later This Year"(I.E. 2012) and Mr.Doe's promise that it would be released in Nov.2012.........are apparently not to be.

I'm guessing this is the first time a record company ever released a project later than originally promised. As for my own, statement, it was made before certain parties took to dicking around with the track-listing. I've been wrong before. It's life. It happens and I have yet to be humiliated. Salient point is, as with The Smile Sessions, that the box will be released... and that the only person here wailing, weeping rending garments and rolling in ashes is the lamentably inept Cohen.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:07:45 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 29, 2012, 10:00:08 AM »

What is the deal with the tracklist changes? This is actually a valid subtopic about the box.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 29, 2012, 10:03:44 AM »

I really hope the Lovester didn't requested WIBNTLA to be dropped of the box instead of...original version of Daybreak?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #605 on: September 29, 2012, 10:06:26 AM »

No. "(WIBNT)LA" has been replaced by "Wrinkles".

Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #606 on: September 29, 2012, 10:28:45 AM »

No. "(WIBNT)LA" has been replaced by "Wrinkles".

Haha! Made me choke on my Crunchy Nut Cornflakes that one...

Seriously though Andrew, please use whatever influence you have to make it as abundantly clear to the powers that be at Boxset HQ that a decent amount of unreleased Dennis material would really, really, really please a hell of a lot of the BB fanbase!

The thought of Mike or anyone else blocking the inclusion of Dennis tracks for whatever long-in-the-past grudges is disheartening to say the least...

Please let it not be so. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:30:24 AM by Disney Boy (1985) » Logged
PhilCohen
« Reply #607 on: September 29, 2012, 10:58:01 AM »

The bottom line:Capitol Records and The Beach Boys have let down the fans. As for the proposed box set, they failed to deliver the goods.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 29, 2012, 11:01:05 AM »

The bottom line:Capitol Records and The Beach Boys have let down the fans. As for the proposed box set, they failed to deliver the goods.

Orrrrrrrr they didn't want the release to run concurrent with the Beatles box set.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 29, 2012, 11:07:02 AM »

Capitol Records has never let me down.  They've been great!

'Cept when they deleted the Beach Boys catalogue in 1969 and I had to pay around 20 bucks apiece (or more) for the original albums.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #610 on: September 29, 2012, 11:22:33 AM »

Not so: until the box is officially cancelled, no-one has let down anyone.

Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #611 on: September 29, 2012, 11:35:22 AM »

This guy is really weird.
PhilCohen
« Reply #612 on: September 29, 2012, 11:40:08 AM »

Orrrrrrrr they didn't want the release to run concurrent with the Beatles box set.

We're comparing Apples & Oranges. The Beatles box is vinyl, aimed at participants in the vinyl revival fad. The Beach Boys box(if it is released) will be a compact disc product. These two products don't compete with each other. They are aimed at different markets.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 29, 2012, 11:55:03 AM »

Its september, no record company would release a giant box set before the holiday season. Why do you want to see releases canceled so badly?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 29, 2012, 11:56:09 AM »

bfd....what difference does is make when it does finally come out. meanwhile, the sun will rise each day.

well... yes....  until the day that would have been known as December 22nd

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: September 29, 2012, 12:09:41 PM »

Exactly bgas. See, the reason why Phil is so upset is because if the box set is in fact postponed to January, nobody's gonna have the chance to listen to it due to the Mayan calendar and the world going under in December and all.

Right. It wouldn't surprise me if Phil actually believed in that too.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 12:11:36 PM by tansen » Logged

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #616 on: September 29, 2012, 12:44:57 PM »

We're comparing Apples & Oranges. The Beatles box is vinyl, aimed at participants in the vinyl revival fad. The Beach Boys box(if it is released) will be a compact disc product. These two products don't compete with each other. They are aimed at different markets.

Phil, why do you keep declining to respond to the posters asking you to agree to buy us all a copy of the boxset when it's released, which presumably wont be a problem as it's, you know, never going to be released and all.
Your comments are really annoying (deliberately in my opinion), so if you are going to post on here at least reply and respond to questions, especially when they're being asked to you directly.
PhilCohen
« Reply #617 on: September 29, 2012, 01:34:21 PM »

Will the box set be released someday...possibly in 2013? Will Mike Love have a change of heart in 2013 and again record & tour with Brian, David & Al ? We don't know yet. But because each week brings us closer to the 2012 Christmas shopping season, it is appearing likely that there will be no Beach Boys "Commemorative CD box set" in 2012. How can you fans not feel disappointed by the non-release of the box set?
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 29, 2012, 01:38:04 PM »

Will the box set be released someday...possibly in 2013? Will Mike Love have a change of heart in 2013 and again record & tour with Brian, David & Al ? We don't know yet. But because each week brings us closer to the 2012 Christmas shopping season, it is appearing likely that there will be no Beach Boys "Commemorative CD box set" in 2012. How can you fans not feel disappointed by the non-release of the box set?
Oh, I stopped believing in Santa Claus many, many years ago. I can wait until January and beyond, if necessary.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 29, 2012, 01:40:54 PM »

That's it in a nutshell.  "you fans".  I know it's been asked before, but, as you've shown by this statement, you're not a BBs fan, so why do you even bother to post here?

I'm more upset about the Not scheduled/non-release of the BBs Love You Box Set, than a set that is temporarily delayed.
Oh , hey, join the family and show me some PROOF that it's not being released at all; then I can break down....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #620 on: September 29, 2012, 01:45:12 PM »

Can you read or what? Here it is again, underlined, in bold, coloured lettering. See if you can answer a question, yes, rather than replying to direct questioning with evasive posturing.

Please answer the question: are you going to buy us all a copy of the boxset when it's released, as you're so personally confident it never will be released? Failing that, will you leave the board as and when it's released as a penalty for all this nonsense?
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 29, 2012, 01:47:14 PM »

How can you fans not feel disappointed by the non-release of the box set?

Because, Phillipe, there are other things in life besides this Beach Boys box set. And, we know that there has been no definite cancellation, so it's just a situation of being patient. Capitol doesn't owe us anything. The Beach Boys don't really owe us anything further. We should be grateful to them for giving us so much product. We can only hope that we get more because we are greedy little bastards. Smiley

Think about it, kiddo, in the past year we've had the SMiLE Sessions, a world wide reunion tour of all original members, a new album (which came out on CD, digital download, and vinyl), two new greatest hits packages - three if you count the WalMart one, a documentary (with DVD release), plenty of online-exclusive footage of the band, and reissues of twelve(!) of their albums in mono AND stereo when possible. And I'm probably missing some stuff. That's a hell of a lot for one band in one year. Especially one that has been around for 50 years.

Give it a rest.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
rogerlancelot
« Reply #622 on: September 29, 2012, 03:41:09 PM »

Phil, I would love to engage in rough intimate gay sex with you. In a form of role playing, I could be the pitcher (Capitol records) and you could be the catcher (be yourself, Phil Cohen) and I can f*** you for hours or weeks or days or months or years. Meet me tomorrow at 5:00 PM PST. I'll be the one at the corner of Hollywood and Vine wearing the assless chaps and leather cap.

I'm looking forward to it,
"Capitol"
PhilCohen
« Reply #623 on: September 29, 2012, 04:57:02 PM »

I've decided that I'm tired of this B.S.

There are plenty of other artists & record companies putting out excellent CD box sets in the next 60 days(or CD/Blu-Ray/DVD box sets), and those artists and record companies aren't playing games with the consumer. They've set release dates for the product, and revealed some or all the information concerning what the contents are. There's more than enough of those products to strain my budget, and so, you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to take the path of least resistance, the path of least hassle & agony......I'm going to buy the box sets by those artists.

Why go through any more agony over this proposed Beach Boys box set? It's been 10 months of "The Wall of Secrecy". The creators of this wall can take their Wall of Secrecy.....and shove it!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 29, 2012, 05:06:07 PM »

He's winding us up. Dude deliberately doesn't respond to anyone else's posts that address his issues/comments.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx