gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:26:59 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Doin' It Again DVD/Blu-ray due August 28  (Read 27976 times)
Banana
Smiley Smile Associate

Mike Love, Not War!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2012, 12:17:40 PM »

Interesting to know about the Rush sets.  Yeah, why only pick one album??  Sounds sort of gimmicky.  You're right about the Beatles stereo boxed set.  While I loved the fact that something was finally done with the catalog...I do kind of feel that EMI/Apple could have done a better job.  My biggest gripe was the fact that they chose to release the mono remasters as a separate set...though in "limited" quantities at a higher price...nor could you purchase the mono remasters on their own.  The truth is that some of the remasters sound better in mono and some sound better in stereo. 

"You wanna have the '409' sound, right?  On 'Help Me, Rhonda'?"

"Honkin' down the gosh-darned highway..."

"Cried so hard...teardrops on my bed...COME ON MUTHAF*****S!"
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2012, 12:25:16 PM »

Interesting to know about the Rush sets.  Yeah, why only pick one album??  Sounds sort of gimmicky.  You're right about the Beatles stereo boxed set.  While I loved the fact that something was finally done with the catalog...I do kind of feel that EMI/Apple could have done a better job.  My biggest gripe was the fact that they chose to release the mono remasters as a separate set...though in "limited" quantities at a higher price...nor could you purchase the mono remasters on their own.  The truth is that some of the remasters sound better in mono and some sound better in stereo. 
Exactly, The Hollies release mono/stereo versions of their UK albums on 1 CD for each album just like the Beach Boys did.  Beatles, no dice.  But like I said, Beatles can get away with it (and charge whatever they want).
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2012, 12:43:34 PM »

I think 5 sets would be a lot of sets Tongue but it's still a semi good idea

MBE
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2012, 01:39:52 AM »

I didn't get the chance to see this before and I really enjoyed it. Too bad they cut the clip at the end.
Banana
Smiley Smile Associate

Mike Love, Not War!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2012, 11:41:25 AM »

I think 5 sets would be a lot of sets Tongue but it's still a semi good idea

A semi good idea is better than a bad idea!

"You wanna have the '409' sound, right?  On 'Help Me, Rhonda'?"

"Honkin' down the gosh-darned highway..."

"Cried so hard...teardrops on my bed...COME ON MUTHAF*****S!"
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2012, 01:45:40 PM »

just got it today. haven't watched the whole thing but I was glad to hear random/rarer to hear on documentaries tunes like Stoked, Denny's Drums....Good to see them give a shout out to the covers they played back in the early days, i don't think I've heard any of them mention this stuff before like: Louie, Louie, What'd I Say, Sherri...good stuff!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2012, 12:38:31 PM »

OK, so what's the song they were working on during this doc? I like the sound of it. I heard it was something of a re-recording of She Believes in Love Again and then someone posted another title. What's going on here?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2012, 01:18:13 PM »

well, it sounds nothing like She Believes in Love Again, so it's that other song.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2012, 02:19:49 PM »

OK, so what's the song they were working on during this doc? I like the sound of it. I heard it was something of a re-recording of She Believes in Love Again and then someone posted another title. What's going on here?

The footage shown is of the SBILA recording. The track played, however, is the unreleased song "I'll Go Anywhere," which was meant to be part of the suite. Brian didn't finish it in time for the album.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2012, 02:38:08 PM »

I posted it, it's been asked a bazillion times Tongue

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2012, 03:38:49 PM »

I posted it, it's been asked a bazillion times Tongue
Sorry, at work and couldn't take the time to look it up.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Mike Lovechild
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2012, 03:25:43 AM »

Just to confirm, the blu-ray is region free, bought from amazon US and it worked for me (UK).
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2012, 08:17:42 AM »

Just to confirm, the blu-ray is region free, bought from amazon US and it worked for me (UK).

That'll do for me! Many thanks Love's ChildMike.  Grin

“We live in divisive times.”
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2012, 08:33:22 AM »

The footage shown is of the SBILA recording. The track played, however, is the unreleased song "I'll Go Anywhere," which was meant to be part of the suite. Brian didn't finish it in time for the album.

How are people aware they're recording "She Believes In Love Again" in this clip?

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2012, 08:59:37 AM »

I think the only evidence is that their lips are moving in time to that song and not the one playing. A BIT TENUOUS IMO.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx